FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Note to Members from a former Admin

+16
Kumar
sashimaal
CSEStockWatch
K.Haputantri
slmarket2
yellow knife
prabath
bandulawee
stevenapple
Meman
Sstar
jonta999
balapas
shadow walker
SHARK aka TAH
Jeremy
20 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:34 am

Sstar

Vice President - Equity Analytics

bandulawee wrote:I think what SLstock meant was not inside information. In our daily activities some of us come across some information which could have a significant impact on certain share prices. If we share common knowledge available to few of us in this forum there is no reason for SEC to object. People who have inside information will only share it secretly among their clan and we will never be beneficiaries of such information.

Then why is he expecting information to be sent via Private Message instead of a post. Why he wants information to himself and not all members. Has he done the same thing whilst he was an Admin of the Sri Lanka Equity Forum? Sri Lanka Equity forum Moderators or Adminstrators does not encourage or tolerate such activities.

Last edited by Sstar on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:39 am; edited 1 time in total

22Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:38 am

stevenapple

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

bandulawee wrote:I think what SLstock meant was not inside information. In our daily activities some of us come across some information which could have a significant impact on certain share prices. If we share common knowledge available to few of us in this forum there is no reason for SEC to object. People who have inside information will only share it secretly among their clan and we will never be beneficiaries of such information.

If it is considered to be a request for insider information we have to banned several people here who pretends to know insider information and promote shares based on that.

23Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:40 am

prabath

stevenapple wrote:

If it is considered to be a request for insider information we have to banned several people here who pretends to know insider information and promote shares based on that.
Most inside information is wrong and generated inside the head of the person who publish it.

24Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:53 am

yellow knife

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

no.... slstcok seems to be a ethical guy.....what he means is its word of appreciation that matters to a writer of this kind of forums...

25Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:59 am

Sstar

yellow knife wrote:no....  slstcok seems to be a ethical guy.....what he means is its word of appreciation that matters to a writer of this kind of forums...
Slstock was a former admin of this forum and this forum is open for Slstock to come and explain his position and action to his previous loyal members of the Sri Lanka Equity Forum who may have followed him. If he doesn't do it surely it reflects and manifest his guilt and ulterior motives.

26Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:05 pm

Meman

Manager - Equity Analytics

Sstar wrote:
yellow knife wrote:no....  slstcok seems to be a ethical guy.....what he means is its word of appreciation that matters to a writer of this kind of forums...
This forum open for Slstock to come and explain his position and action to his previous loyal members of the Sri Lanka Equity Forum who may have followed him. If he doesn't do it surely it reflects and manifest his guilt.

This is nothing but a gon part attempt to get back at Slstock who refused to be with the self proclaimed professional new owners of this forum.  jocolor Have you heard about foot in mouth situation. Razz Razz Razz Razz Razz.

27Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:13 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Its better SLS clarify himself on the above statement he made, as this has caused some uneasiness to a section of the members.
But its his decision whether to venture on it or not.
If he feels a further statement is deemed unnecessary, then we all should move forward.

@Jonta
I held back my decision, as SLEF was where started off.I am here on voluntary basis.

Shark

28Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:20 pm

stevenapple

Sstar wrote:
Slstock was a former admin of this forum and this forum is open for Slstock to come and explain his position and action to his previous loyal members of the Sri Lanka Equity Forum who may have followed him. If he doesn't do it surely it reflects and manifest his guilt and ulterior motives.

Response of the most prove that he is not that kind.  Twisted Evil  Twisted Evil 
Only few have concerns.

29Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:21 pm

bandulawee

I think we all have to act sensibly when listening to advise doled out by members in this forum. There are people who doesn't care what happens to others but only think of themselves. They could promote some bad stocks they hold so that when the going gets good they dispose it on some unsuspecting buyer. If we analyse and use the information available wisely we do not have regret. We cannot blame others for our action. So I think being critical of members is not the correct thing, whatever advise they may give.

30Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:24 pm

stevenapple

SHARK wrote:Its better SLS clarify himself on the above statement he made, as this has caused some uneasiness to a section of the members.
If he feels a further statement is deemed unnecessary, then we all should move forward.

@Jonta
I held back my decision, as SLEF was where started off.I am here on voluntary basis.

Shark

If you independently analyse this thread uneasiness caused by the person who quote the statement. Not the person who made the statement.

31Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:37 pm

slmarket2

SHARK wrote:Its better SLS clarify himself on the above statement he made, as this has caused some uneasiness to a section of the members.

@Jonta

Shark

He made statement not in this forum. Ask person who pasted it here to give source of this. We want to see. Person who pasted only must explain

32Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:42 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

jonta999 wrote:Deleted the promotion.

These days SLEF is filled with lots of promotors and nothing about stock discussions.

Shark is only hired to do technicals it seems.

Btw how much are you getting shark?
Ahaka inna apitath gahanawa ........ Laughing 

Jonto ..... what am i got to do in this  Sad 

Shark

33Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:45 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

slmarket2 wrote:

@Jonta

Shark

He made statement not in this forum. Ask person who pasted it here to give source of this. We want to see. Person who pasted only must explain
I am sure some one put SLS reply very soon.
Lets wait and see  Cool

34Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 12:54 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

balapas wrote:Gmnut you are nothing but a pathetic low life. Slstock is in the other forum and was ment to the members there. You ahould be embarrassed to copy paste it here.  The old crowd will never return to this hell hole. TAH have you got no shame left as well?

I have noted you are always critical about me  Shocked 

Sad

35Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 1:01 pm

slmarket2

SHARK wrote:
slmarket2 wrote:

@Jonta

Shark

Lets wait and see  Cool

why you are scared to put source?

36Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:25 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

I think you are trying to take it to another level.
So lets leave it their,cos no one has objected to its authenticity of the content posted by GMnet.

If SLS will make a comment, i am sure someone will post the reply here.Anyhow SLS is entitled to his opinion and he is the best to answer it if he thinks this demands a clarification.

So no worries.
Shark

37Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:43 pm

stevenapple

slmarket2 wrote:
SHARK wrote:
slmarket2 wrote:

@Jonta

Shark

Lets wait and see  Cool

why you are scared to put source?

THIS APPEARED SOMEWHERE IN THE CYBER WORLD .   Cool  Cool

38Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:49 pm

slmarket2

SHARK wrote:I think you are trying to take it to another level.
So lets leave it their,cos no one has objected to its authenticity of the content posted by GMnet.

If SLS will make a comment, i am sure someone will post the reply here.Anyhow SLS is entitled to his opinion and he is the best to answer it if he thinks this demands a clarification.

So no worries.
Shark

what is there to respond? why you are making big scene?
Go and see FLCH post co-admin if you want to see inside information

39Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Thu Jul 17, 2014 2:53 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

The Thread has been locked for further comments.

40Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:09 am

Sstar

Sstar

We wish to inform our members that Sri Lanka Equity Forum does not encourage or request our members to use Private Messaging System (PM) to provide Information about shares stock or other corporate information to our Moderators or Admins which are very sensitive in nature and falls under Inside Information or Dealings. All members are encouraged to share information by way of open posts that are publicly available through Brokers or other Sources through Media etc instead of Private Messages, so that all members could benefit from the same.

Sri Lanka Equity Forum
www.srlankaequity.com

[color=#0033cc]This thread was locked by our Admins and shall continue to remain locked.[/color]

Last edited by SHARK on Sun Jul 20, 2014 7:09 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : @SStar - I have reopened it as requested by K.Hapu)

41Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:52 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Dear Members,

With further reference to the above statement by Sstar, with regard to a recent post that appeared outside our forum, we wish to categorically state SLEF does not encourage any sort of wrongful trading activities, by requesting inside information from members, brokers or anyone so as to get a lead. We also do not tolerate such unscrupulous activity & members will be banned immediately if found to have breached clear guidelines so as to safeguard the forum for the betterment of majority of innocent retailers for whom SLEF was built.For the new comers this is a virtual library to gain knowledge and sharpen their skills to better handle Market situation.
The damaging effect and consequences of the controversial Post may have in the future on any forum activity has not been assessed so far.
We at SLEF would like to reiterate that the statement that appeared somewhere else in cyberspace has no connection with us whatsoever and does not encourage by us, and at the time of the said article appeared the said member was no longer an active member in SLEF or any affiliated website or forum.
Finally we wish to exonerate our selves & SLEF on future repercussions this said article might have a bearing on any further action by any party or institution.

Thanks & kind regards
SHARK

The Thread will remain LOCKED for further comments

Last edited by SHARK on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

42Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:35 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Dear All,

Due to requests from both parties i am keeping it indefinitely open this thread. The decision was taken on personal level but personal attacks on me and Mods have gone unabated somewhere in the forum.
although this was going on in the background i steadfast my ground.

Due to K.Hapu whom i respect and admire i left it open.

43Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:41 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Thanks SHARK for re-openning the thread.

I hope that the publickly expressed policy of the management of this forum on "freedom of expression" will not be changed here.

I see this thread (opened by the GMnet & amply supported by Admins with flimsy grounds and illogical arguments) as a cheap act of politics by the Admins to tarnish the Huge image of a Gentlman called SLS who toilled & provided yeoman service to bring this forum to the present level. The general consenses of views forced the Admins First, to close the thread simply unable to hold the ground intended but later re-opened for some reason. ?Did it back fired. 

Any one who can read simple English will not see any thing wrong or unethical or illegal in the original post by SLS in ISF. GMnet who copied it had no courtecy to acknowledge its source.

Dear members over to you Sirs. You may decide who has done what. I am not here to give any verdict. You are the jury.

44Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:19 pm

CSEStockWatch

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Ravin.... machan...at least you are here to take some fair decisions. Good luck.. Wish you will be able to collect at least 20 people to the G2G.

45Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:27 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

CSEStockWatch wrote:Ravin.... machan...at least you are here to take some fair decisions. Good luck.. Wish you will be able to collect at least 20 people to the G2G.
One day you will see the bigger picture. thanks for the wishes  Wink History Repeats It self thats all i can say ..... Very Happy 

46Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:24 pm

sashimaal

sashimaal

Meaning...you also will be made use of and kicked out??

Be careful my friend...

SHARK wrote: History Repeats It self thats all i can say ..... Very Happy 
[/quote]

47Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

May I can ask Hon. Shark a simple question because he is so called co-admin.

Why GMNet's reputation button not activated? Couldn't face the reality? (I do not want to know whether he/she does have reputation or not)

This show how the power of GMNet and all of your taking for ride.

Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Gmn10

48Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:37 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

sashimaal wrote:Meaning...you also will be made use of and kicked out??

Be careful my friend...

SHARK wrote: History Repeats It self thats all i can say ..... Very Happy 
[/quote] They say you need 2 to Tango ...... know .....

Thanks Sash

I am trying to be independant and uphold certain standards. yes its difficult sometimes. but barrage of compliments i get last few hours is what makes me more stronger in conviction.up to now i did not see the full article that was haphazardly cut and pasted as alleged by few.

Regards
SHARK

49Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Kumar wrote:May I can ask Hon. Shark a simple question because he is so called co-admin.

Why GMNet's reputation button not activated? Couldn't face the reality? (I do not want to know whether he/she does have reputation or not)

Dear Kumar,

I am not bothered whose button is missing this and that.

Its not my duty BTW.

cheers 

50Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 2 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Kumar

Kumar

SHARK wrote:
Kumar wrote:May I can ask Hon. Shark a simple question because he is so called co-admin.

Dear Kumar,

I am not bothered whose button is missing this and that.

Its not my duty BTW.

cheers 

Good answer as usual like through out the thread.

Seems to be you are losing your cool due to our questions, which are irritating and some how showing your inability at SLEF no?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum