FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

Latest topics

» ALUMEX PLC (ALUM.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Today at 8:24 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020 Today at 8:00 pm

» Growing Fear
by judecroos Today at 7:49 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by SL-INVESTOR Today at 7:40 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by judecroos Today at 7:38 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Today at 6:54 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Today at 6:25 pm

» The market is not out to “get” you but is just flowing along, and your position just happens to be carried along with it.
by dayandacool Today at 4:49 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by reyaz Today at 4:15 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by reyaz Today at 4:04 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by THASSIM Today at 2:21 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Yesterday at 12:54 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 10:27 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Yesterday at 7:42 am

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm

» US dollar trading lower, euro near new high
by target1 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Note to Members from a former Admin

Note to Members from a former Admin

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 12:52 pm

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert
Dear Members,

With further reference to the above statement by Sstar, with regard to a recent post that appeared outside our forum, we wish to categorically state SLEF does not encourage any sort of wrongful trading activities, by requesting inside information from members, brokers or anyone so as to get a lead. We also do not tolerate such unscrupulous activity & members will be banned immediately if found to have breached clear guidelines so as to safeguard the forum for the betterment of majority of innocent retailers for whom SLEF was built.For the new comers this is a virtual library to gain knowledge and sharpen their skills to better handle Market situation.
The damaging effect and consequences of the controversial Post may have in the future on any forum activity has not been assessed so far.
We at SLEF would like to reiterate that the statement that appeared somewhere else in cyberspace has no connection with us whatsoever and does not encourage by us, and at the time of the said article appeared the said member was no longer an active member in SLEF or any affiliated website or forum.
Finally we wish to exonerate our selves & SLEF on future repercussions this said article might have a bearing on any further action by any party or institution.

Thanks & kind regards
SHARK

The Thread will remain LOCKED for further comments

Last edited by SHARK on Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total

42Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:35 pm

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert
Dear All,

Due to requests from both parties i am keeping it indefinitely open this thread. The decision was taken on personal level but personal attacks on me and Mods have gone unabated somewhere in the forum.
although this was going on in the background i steadfast my ground.

Due to K.Hapu whom i respect and admire i left it open.

43Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:41 pm

K.Haputantri

Co-Admin
Thanks SHARK for re-openning the thread.

I hope that the publickly expressed policy of the management of this forum on "freedom of expression" will not be changed here.

I see this thread (opened by the GMnet & amply supported by Admins with flimsy grounds and illogical arguments) as a cheap act of politics by the Admins to tarnish the Huge image of a Gentlman called SLS who toilled & provided yeoman service to bring this forum to the present level. The general consenses of views forced the Admins First, to close the thread simply unable to hold the ground intended but later re-opened for some reason. ?Did it back fired. 

Any one who can read simple English will not see any thing wrong or unethical or illegal in the original post by SLS in ISF. GMnet who copied it had no courtecy to acknowledge its source.

Dear members over to you Sirs. You may decide who has done what. I am not here to give any verdict. You are the jury.

44Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:19 pm

CSEStockWatch

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Ravin.... machan...at least you are here to take some fair decisions. Good luck.. Wish you will be able to collect at least 20 people to the G2G.

45Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 8:27 pm

SHARK aka TAH

Expert
Expert
@CSEStockWatch wrote:Ravin.... machan...at least you are here to take some fair decisions. Good luck.. Wish you will be able to collect at least 20 people to the G2G.
One day you will see the bigger picture. thanks for the wishes  Wink History Repeats It self thats all i can say ..... Very Happy 

46Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:24 pm

sashimaal

sashimaal
Manager - Equity Analytics
Meaning...you also will be made use of and kicked out??

Be careful my friend...

SHARK wrote: History Repeats It self thats all i can say ..... Very Happy 
[/quote]

47Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:35 pm

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
May I can ask Hon. Shark a simple question because he is so called co-admin.

Why GMNet's reputation button not activated? Couldn't face the reality? (I do not want to know whether he/she does have reputation or not)

This show how the power of GMNet and all of your taking for ride.

Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Gmn10

48Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:37 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@sashimaal wrote:Meaning...you also will be made use of and kicked out??

Be careful my friend...

SHARK wrote: History Repeats It self thats all i can say ..... Very Happy 
[/quote] They say you need 2 to Tango ...... know .....

Thanks Sash

I am trying to be independant and uphold certain standards. yes its difficult sometimes. but barrage of compliments i get last few hours is what makes me more stronger in conviction.up to now i did not see the full article that was haphazardly cut and pasted as alleged by few.

Regards
SHARK

49Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:42 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@Kumar wrote:May I can ask Hon. Shark a simple question because he is so called co-admin.

Why GMNet's reputation button not activated? Couldn't face the reality? (I do not want to know whether he/she does have reputation or not)

Dear Kumar,

I am not bothered whose button is missing this and that.

Its not my duty BTW.

cheers 

50Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 9:58 pm

Kumar

Kumar
SHARK wrote:
@Kumar wrote:May I can ask Hon. Shark a simple question because he is so called co-admin.

Dear Kumar,

I am not bothered whose button is missing this and that.

Its not my duty BTW.

cheers 

Good answer as usual like through out the thread.

Seems to be you are losing your cool due to our questions, which are irritating and some how showing your inability at SLEF no?

51Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:05 pm

kas

kas
http://Deleted/t1010p75-note-to-members-of-investor-sentiment-forum

Shark to save ur time checking ur PMs or googling I'm posting the link you need. I will be banned now (but pls note I m only showing the source of GMNets posting)

52Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:06 pm

skyfall

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Co-Admins should be shamed on themselves. Why you are keep justifying someone's copy and paste post.
You are taking this like slstock has done a criminal Offence.

Divide and rule comes to my mind.

53Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:08 pm

skyfall

GMNet wrote:Hope forum had changed from bad to good. I can see a remarkable improvemt in the forum traffic.
CONGATULATIONS!

Any where were you? Please dont forget to come to our annual meeting ok?

54Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:09 pm

kas

kas
http://.…………. Promotion of other sites would lead to a Ban. - Warning

remove spaces

55Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:10 pm

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Definition of 'Insider Information'

A non-public fact regarding the plans or condition of a publicly traded company that could provide a financial advantage when used to buy or sell shares of the company's stock. Insider information is typically gained by someone who is working within or close to a listed company. If a person uses insider information to place trades, he or she can be found guilty of insider trading. Insider trading is illegal when the material information has not been made public and has been traded on. This is because the information gives those having this knowledge an unfair advantage.

56Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:13 pm

Sstar

Sstar
@Sstar wrote:Definition of 'Insider Information'

A non-public fact regarding the plans or condition of a publicly traded company that could provide a financial advantage when used to buy or sell shares of the company's stock. Insider information is typically gained by someone who is working within or close to a listed company. If a person uses insider information to place trades, he or she can be found guilty of insider trading. Insider trading is illegal when the material information has not been made public and has been traded on. This is because the information gives those having this knowledge an unfair advantage.

According to my little knowledge of law, what Slstock has attempted is to obtain inside information.

57Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:19 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@Sstar wrote:

According to my little knowledge of law, what Slstock has attempted is to obtain inside information.
Dear Alchemist, Hapu Jonta999 and Kumar

Do you see why this is a serious offence now at least. Please read between the lines what the Para GMNet copy pasted.

Thats why i wanted the gentleman in question to provide a clarification so that we know what the intentions were.

SHARK

58Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:19 pm

Kumar

Kumar
@Sstar wrote:

Inside information of promoters at SLEF?

59Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:22 pm

jonta999

jonta999
What about shark's inability to stop promoters here...Food for thought...

60Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:24 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
All I am asking if it was a genuine error by the concern so that by clarifying it could have been a nip in the bud.staying put and adamant will not take as there is so much reputation at stake for him.if any statement was done i would have made the clarification on behalf of him if he is not willing to come to SLEF

61Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:24 pm

Kumar

Kumar
@jonta999 wrote:What about shark's inability to stop promoters here...Food for thought...

Do you want to see SLEF in coma stage? Are you joking mate?

62Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:25 pm

jonta999

jonta999
Sstar might be the real Gmnet

63Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:25 pm

Kumar

Kumar
SHARK wrote:All I am asking if it was a genuine error by the concern so that by clarifying it could have been a nip in the bud.staying put and adamant will not take as there is so much reputation at stake for him.if any statement was done i would have made the clarification on behalf of him if he is not willing to come to SLEF

Please go and read The Alchemist last post. Then you can understand who is adamant?

64Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:30 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@Kumar wrote:
@jonta999 wrote:What about shark's inability to stop promoters here...Food for thought...

Do you want to see SLEF in coma stage? Are you joking mate?
All posts have been under moderation...... and SLEF encourages safe trading practices.

But allow all types of trading without biasedly targeted banning methods and systematic group bullying as its happening now which was encouraged in previously knowingly or unknowingly.

SHARK

65Note to Members from a former Admin - Page 3 Empty Re: Note to Members from a former Admin Sun Jul 20, 2014 10:32 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
The difference between now and then was it was vice versa before.  Very Happy Very Happy 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum