FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » I was banned and forum democrazy

I was banned and forum democrazy

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I was banned and forum democrazy Empty I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 6:18 pm

jonta999

jonta999
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
First of all I should say I did not promote the other web site.

Secondly if all of you are so confident about this web site why are you so scared of the "Other" web site?

Thirdly even google allows to search for "Yahoo" in their search engine and that should be the right attitude when running a business rather than the hiding attitude.

Discussion is warranted rather than banning me  Evil or Very Mad 

2I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:11 pm

besthope

Manager - Equity Analytics
@jonta999 wrote:First of all I should say I did not promote the other web site.

Secondly if all of you are so confident about this web site why are you so scared of the "Other" web site?

Thirdly even google allows to search for "Yahoo" in their search engine and that should be the right attitude when running a business rather than the hiding attitude.

Discussion is warranted rather than banning me  Evil or Very Mad 

halo juntu please tell me what is happening ah ? i comming after long time and not understanding current situation. are they trying ban you and why ah

3I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:40 pm

jonta999

jonta999
So called Gumnet is promoting crap here and trying to ban the original people.

@besthope: I was banned yesterday and somehow she has activated me again... Surprised 

4I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:46 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
Please jonta we are very sorry for the earlier BAN, sometimes we need to stick to forum ethics and rules,perhaps there were few red flags issued on you by some members who are here that got annoyed over your posts and links that were highlighted.as you are now aware that PMs are enabled no BANS on any active members as far as i know, and all are welcome as usual to post any article related to stocks where new members can benefit from.
lets move forward and take the forum for greater heights .....
In this perseverance we look forward to bring all members together without leaving anyone out.
This is my vision and i am sure each and everyone can contribute positively without dragging the forum to where it was.
There are people in all walks of life who will try to pull from our legs, but as a TEAM we need to focus on our long term objectives and strive hard to maintain our professional standards.
Thats the only way to answer the critics.
I am sure you will agree 100%

Happy To see you Back
SHARK  cheers

5I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:51 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@jonta999 wrote:So called Gumnet is promoting crap here and trying to ban the original people.

@besthope: I was banned yesterday and somehow she has activated me again... Surprised 
I was not aware of your recent BAN, i will find out from SStar and can confirm to you. If an apology is required i am ready do it on behalf of the TEAM for the betterment.

All views are tolerated, but please please i request not post articles that can cause uneasiness and put forum harmony at jeopardy.

Thanks  Smile

6I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 7:55 pm

jonta999

jonta999
BTW TAH, do you approve the posting of an article by GMnet that was wrote by SLS in this website without proper approval of SLS? Is this the professionalism that you trying to bring to SLEF?

7I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:16 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
Dear jonta999
we could discuss this over PM or if you require to be open for all to read i could do so even for the benefit of others.

I do not know the real core issue over SLS and GMNet.

I can not speak of anyones actions publicly that would mean i am disrespecting/criticising one over the other.

I need both of them in SLEF contributing towards educating new and present members about how to invest and safeguard your capital (hard earned income/savings)

However with regard to GMNet issue over the copy paste action i do not see anything wrong as it was in public forum mentioned by SLS and not a fabricated story.

These type of matters come up in media  on all our politicos, and opposition or government members trying to allege one over the other.

What happens there after is that the aggrieved party either ignores it or submits a clarification to avoid further escalation or undue mileage the other party might gain over the statement.

Now i can not request SLS to submit a statement because its his right and no one can find fault with him for not clarifying as i stated in that same thread.

Thereafter everyone knows the sequence of events.

I will leave the rest at there and we all should consider the matter is closed.

I am very much obliged to tender a public apology if GMNet & SLS felt both were offended due to my actions followed after the initial post.

Hope this clears the bad air

Shark

8I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:19 pm

skyfall

Aney Shark where's GMnet? Some of his predictions were truly amazing and missed his comments on here badly.

Any chance you can bring him here pls?

9I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:22 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
If all of us in Colombo, I would invite SLS GMnet & Sstar for Dinner and iron out all issues..........  Very Happy  
But i am patrolling abudhabi arabian sea territory

Far away
Shark

10I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:23 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@skyfall wrote:Aney Shark where's GMnet? Some of his predictions were truly amazing and missed his comments on here badly.

Him Or Her 

Confused 
SHARK  scratch

11I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:32 pm

monash

monash
I logged into this forum last month after about 1 year. I was fedup with promotions. Even now i can see lot of people promoting shares by giving unrealistic targets within time period. But when i asked about it publicly. Moderator Shark told me that they are following handsfree approach and nothing wrong with people posting with target prices.

I am asking do they even bother to give a reason? Just cut and paste their portfolio and promoting. As a person being in stock market and this forum for many years i can figure out which posts are promotions, who are promoters and which are neutral posts and worth reading. But if moderators justifying promoters what will happen to newcomers?? Those kind of posts simply misleading inexperience traders of market. Seems to be forum policies also changed now.

Looks like something happened during the time i stopped visting this forum. By the way what happened to valuable senior members such as Slstock, smallville, traderhome, chinwi, d.g. dayaratna etc.? This forum surely miss their valuable posts.

12I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
Hi monash
nice see you after your long break.
The forum went through some changes ... Forum elections etc.

We have a New President (Admin) - Jiggysaurus - you must be knowing him
VP (Formerly) Co-admin 2 positions SStar & me (Shark A.ka. TAH or TraderAtHome)
Few Moderators - StockGuru,Hello,Econ

Previous Admins & Mods have left the forum and joined some where else.

13I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:34 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
Monash,

The Forum should be for all and not for one section to degrade the other over his or her method of Investments.

I am of the opinion with Education we bring in professionalism and Holistic approach to Investments in CSE. Members would then know what are promotional and what are genuine value investments methods.

We need both methods and leave it to the individual member to decide what method he wants to apply.

This is not easy to have technical knowledge and fundamental approach. Things will take time but rest is assured that extreme promotion tactics are controlled. And we will advise all members to be cautious and play safe.

Slowly but surely we will get there, at the same time it is incumbent upon us who were here before to go full throttle educating and posting articles of value and advise to guide the Newbies.

People like You, Mark, Worthiness, Dhan, Jonta999 can play a major role in this.

Mekata kiyanne Udugam bala pinanawa kiyala "Swimming Against the Tide"

please join us in this effort to educate all innocent members and retailers.

Best regards
SHARK

14I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:51 pm

skyfall

SHARK wrote:
@skyfall wrote:Aney Shark where's GMnet? Some of his predictions were truly amazing and missed his comments on here badly.

Him Or Her 

Confused 
SHARK  scratch

May be a lady b from Bangkok. But he's brilliant.

Shark do you have his contact info. If so please ask GMnet come back to the forum.

15I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:54 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

So we have followers every where .....

I am sure GMNet will be around ..... to give expert comments  Laughing

16I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:56 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
Surely you can send a PM

17I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 1:36 am

thighrokker

SHARK wrote:Dear jonta999

Shark

හතර බීරි කතා

18I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 2:26 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

@thighrokker wrote:
SHARK wrote:Dear jonta999

Shark

හතර බීරි කතා
 tongue tongue tongue 

19I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 8:34 am

Meman

@jonta999 wrote:So called Gumnet is promoting crap here and trying to ban the original people.

This Gmnet man or woman is same as Sstar. Same person operating the two accounts. Looking at past few month posts anyone can see it. Specially the note to members post that was locked now. Me not bothered just saying because they talk of ethics but do something else.

20I was banned and forum democrazy Empty Re: I was banned and forum democrazy Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:03 am

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Jonta, I had no choice but to ban you for promoting other forums. Considearing the circumstances I banned you only for 1 day.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum