FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE

+14
Cricket Boy
DealKing
The Alchemist
shadow walker
Sstar
Harry82
eKelum
Risk killer
Eng Krishantha
stevenapple
RoomGirl
VALUEPICK
NZ BOY
SHARK aka TAH
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:37 pm

Eng Krishantha

Expert
Expert

well I will tell,
How I am handling this kind of situation

22I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:38 pm

Eng Krishantha

Expert
Expert

Definitely portfolio should be decentralized
Hence I select 4 different sectors

23I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:41 pm

stevenapple

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

SHARK wrote:
stevenapple wrote:
SHARK wrote:This 15 are real winners  Very Happy I will disclose at the right time  Laughing 

Let me Guess.
(1). JKH - Undisbuted King and middle of a upsurge
(2). LLUB - Strong Foreign Interest
(3). SAMP - With the Central Bank Guarantee on Gold will have a good results and Share Holders Confidence
(4).LION & (5). BREW - Acqusition of Cargills Beer ( Name forgotten) / Strong Demand Not @ This Price, I will wait for a PB
(6). HNB / (7). HNB.X - Good Dividend Yield and Only top Banking share shaown very little movement
(Cool. SEYLAN.X - Gut Feeling. Difference of the X & N are little high on my likings
(9). VFIN - Speculation of Merger
(10). ALLI - Beaten down / Contrarian Stock  Wink 
(11).LFIN - Merger Speculations / Directors Buying
(12).FLCH - Considereble interest  ( Just to add a share with low price)
(13).REEF.W19 - Just to add a Speculative share
(14). LIOC - In the consolidation period / Gut feeling says will move near the XD / Depend on the Quarterly results
(15).TYRE or TJL / Preference for TYRE

Waiting for results. Cool Cool 

7/15 is it?

24I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:43 pm

Eng Krishantha

Expert
Expert

Because of the risk should be mitigated

25I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:47 pm

Eng Krishantha

Expert
Expert

1) OSEA= 40%
2) NTB =15%
3) REXP =15%
4) LIOC at 36 range= 20%
Extra MHDL=10%

26I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:53 pm

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert

Any comment...

27I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:56 pm

Risk killer

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

CINS.X price difference of Voting and Non voting.
CTEA. this is not moved yet with market condition & very illiquid
Guar Good divided and under value stock
LFIN Uptrend of gold market enable them to reverse sum provision made and recover future losses & merger or acquition of some finance company/s

28I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:58 pm

eKelum

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

SHARK wrote:
NZ BOY wrote:1.LIOC becoz  PE is very low

2.YORK  bcoz cflb collcting hevily if cflb touch @40 YORK will move @20 easialy

3 VFIN - consolidation happening these days  pe is very low.

4 CCS - lot of collection these days

5 KGAL and VPEL dividend coming soon

So you will buy equally 1Million each.

As a Value Investor arent we suppose to have some ready cash and deposit some in FDs or Bonds/TB.

SHARK u r correct ...

29I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:58 pm

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert

shark i am waiting your comment,

30I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:07 pm

RoomGirl

Manager - Equity Analytics

SHARK wrote:@Kabba

You have give at least 5 choices or 10 choices and tell why.... few words would be fine as a starter  Mad 

OK. Here's my strategy.
40% stock market. 60% FD in 2 reputed financial institution (like LFIN,VFIN or CDB)

JKH - Market Leader and it has lot of potential in long term
HNB.X - Most of seniors recommended this
SAMP - Holding few shares with some profit. Planing to buy in future as a longterm investment.
HHL - Because Hospital & Parmercutial sectors are good I think.
ASIY - Final dividend pending and public holding is very less.

I invest 40% equally on above shares.

PS: I don't have good knowledge in stock market and most of the time I buy shares recommended by senior members. (and I know how to find the good people very well. I love you  )

31I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 10:46 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Eng Krishantha wrote:1) OSEA= 40%
2) NTB  =15%
3) REXP =15%
4) LIOC at 36 range= 20%
Extra MHDL=10%

All this in my 15 Picks welldone

32I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:38 pm

RoomGirl

Experts, OSEA is all time high now. Is it good to enter now?
http://markets.ft.com/research/Markets/Tearsheets/Summary?s=osea.N0000:CSE

33I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sun Jul 20, 2014 6:49 am

Harry82

Harry82
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

1.NTB becoz PE is very low

2.Samp becoz PE is very low Samp will move @250.00 easialy

3. VFIN - consolidation happening these days pe is very low.it will move @60.00 easialy
4. CDB - consolidation happening these days pe is very low.it will move @75.00, 65.00 easialy
5. Alli - consolidation happening these days pe is very low.it will move @1000.00 easialy
6 LFIN - consolidation happening these days pe is very low.it will move @200.00 easialy

34I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:03 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Hi Its Here....

35I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:05 pm

RoomGirl

SHARK wrote:Hi Its Here....

Thanks. I couldn't find even search for it.

36I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:10 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Harry82 wrote:1.NTB becoz  PE is very low

2.Samp becoz  PE is very low Samp will move @250.00 easialy

3. VFIN - consolidation happening these days  pe is   very low.it will move @60.00 easialy
4. CDB - consolidation happening these days  pe is   very low.it will move @75.00, 65.00 easialy
5. Alli - consolidation happening these days  pe is   very low.it will move @1000.00 easialy
6 LFIN - consolidation happening these days  pe is   very low.it will move @200.00 easialy
Dont you think you have too much exposure on Banks for a 5 Million Investment.

Out of the Lot i would consider NTB

Others such as
SAMP I told to BUY around 160 on the reversal we expected. It turned out be accurate  Very Happy
LIFIN i recommended a BUY around 120-110 range when it was @140 range told to wait till further slide, there after further encourage to BUY around 100 levels Very Happy 

Hope members followed these 2 calls

VFIN i am not sure though giving a BUY and CDB & ALLI did not attract me due my personal dislike nothing to do on Technical or fundamental levels.

Shark

37I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:00 pm

RoomGirl

SHARK wrote:
Others such as
SAMP I told to BUY around 160 on the reversal we expected. It turned out be accurate  Very Happy
Shark

Shark, What's your expected price drop for SAMP?
Pls share your HOLD, BUY or SELL recommendation on this.

I bought around ~180 and holding with some profit.

Thanks in advance/

May be im asking too much Qs and sharing nothing.. right. Feel bad.  Rolling Eyes 

38I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:12 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

kabba wrote:
SHARK wrote:
Others such as
Shark

Shark, What's your expected price drop for SAMP?
Pls share your HOLD, BUY or SELL recommendation on this.

I bought around ~180 and holding with some profit.

Thanks in advance/

May be im asking too much Qs and sharing nothing.. right. Feel bad.  Rolling Eyes 
Have not looked at the chart or the reports lately.

39I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Mon Jul 21, 2014 11:09 am

Harry82

Harry82

CDB
ALLI
VFIN lol! lol! lol! 

40I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Mon Jul 21, 2014 12:49 pm

Harry82

Harry82

SHARK,

Do you like to say anything>>>

41I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:16 pm

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Here goes my 5mn!

42I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:32 pm

shadow walker

shadow walker

here is my list..

COMB - 05%
HHL - 20%
LLUB - 10%
LION - 05%
OSEA - 20%
ALLI - 05%
AHUN - 05%
LIOC - 20%
SAMP - 10%

I think these are good..

43I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:43 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Harry82 wrote:CDB
ALLI
VFIN lol! lol! lol! 
Harry No Idea ALLI is a Good Share ......

Well usually what happens is that i need to emotionally get attached to certain shares.

Like in the past

I Got attached to
VONE when it was 15
SHL @ 9
LION
LLUB
NEST
PLC
JINS
CTC
DIAL
All have progressed nicely

44I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:47 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Harry
I like your collection

45I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:48 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Specially
CDB
ALLI

46I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Mon Jul 21, 2014 8:59 pm

The Alchemist

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Yesterday you are telling like this

SHARK wrote:
CDB & ALLI did not attract me due my personal dislike nothing to do on Technical or fundamental levels.

Shark

now you are telling Harry that you like his collection especially CDB & ALLI.

Not good to send mixed signals !

47I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:04 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Yes thats what i said in my post earlier.
Usually i need to get emotionally attach ....... My emotions and Harry's are different thats why i mentioned they are ok for him.
But for me i look at my 15 picks. They may be good for me but not for others.
As simple as that.

48I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:38 am

DealKing

DealKing

I will buy 757,576 shares of Millenium Housing (MHDL) today to entire Rs.5 million.The share is interesting for Rs.6.50 and pays a good dividend too at 25 cents a share on the first year of listing.
It is a 3.84% dividend yield more attractive compared to the share price and dividend return of many other Land & Property sector counters.

And today is the XD Date - 23rd July 2014.

So there are enough shares in the market too. So if I buy 757,576 shares I will end up getting Rs.189,394/- as a dividend on first week of August even after paying a 10% withholding tax I will still have Rs.170,454.60 in my hand.Then I will go to my Licensed Commercial Banker and will deposit it to my Current Account and ask to transfer Rs.170,454.60 as a fixed deposit earning 6.5% per annum interest.Then I will ask a temporary credit facility for 90% of the fixed deposit value so that I can write cheques up to extra Rs.153,409.14 at 9.5% interest per annum. Then I will go to another stockbroker and will buy a mix of John Keells, and JKH Warrants and HNB for the Rs.153,409.60 amount and will apply for a loan against my second share portfolio's 50% value.Then at least I will get another Rs.50,000 and I will go and deposit it as a call deposit in bank.

After September this year MHDL will touch Rs.8 for sure since there are few good things to come and the results will also be interesting.Even if it touches Rs.8 per share at the end of the year I will at least earn a profit of another Rs.1 million from MHDL in which case I would be able to partly settle the two bank loans.Still even if I keep MHDL I will continue to earn better dividends since the company is good and Sri Lanka's real estate prices are increasing by 10%-15% per annum in current low interest regime.In general Real Estate price in Sri Lanka appreciates 10% annually since 2000 and MHDL already has a mature project and few new ones in the pipeline.

How is the Deal?

49I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:52 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

You got a quite a Plan in you for the 5Mil.

I would like spread the Investment between 15 counters min.

BUY them when it give a good entry level

50I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE - Page 2 Empty Re: I have 5 Million Cash To Invest in CSE Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:55 pm

Harry82

Harry82

Buy PCH at this price.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum