FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

PCH victim talks .....

+15
knowledge
bulletproof
slinvestor
xmart
Chinwi
godswen
ControlFreak
tubal
SilverHawk
RockStock
bliss
salt
thambi
Rajitha
Meta Trader
19 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:09 am

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

godswen,

When I went to a bank, I heard a management man advising to a lady colleague,

‍බය වෙන්න දෙයක් නෑ දැන් ඉස්සර වගේ බහින්නෙ නැහැ

[baya wenna deyak nehe, issara wage bahinne nehe]

I think they were talking about CSE !

( no fiction)

22PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:23 am

xmart

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:godswen,

( no fiction)

chinwi.. are you sure that they were talking about PCH? when i read this i think they are talking about some private matter. i think that manager had a some health problem when intercoursing! then he would take medicine and talk like lion "dan bahinne na!" lol!

23PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:26 am

godswen

xmart wrote:
Chinwi wrote:godswen,

( no fiction)

chinwi.. are you sure that they were talking about PCH? when i read this i think they are talking about some private matter. i think that manager had a some health problem when intercoursing! then he would take medicine and talk like lion "dan bahinne na!" lol!

Bahinney Nah? afro Hahahah lol!

24PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:14 pm

slinvestor

Stock Trader

What will be the price to dump PCH on monday morning........is it 26.....??

25PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:30 pm

Meta Trader

PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 6a00e011

26PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:44 pm

bulletproof

bulletproof
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

bliss wrote:Even some of my frends didnt sell as the price was declining during last few days...
they thought it`l bounce back to 30`s again...whn u bcome 2 greedy u `l get nthn....
whn i sold all my TAFL with a 115% gain on wednesday 1 of my frends told me u cud hv waited ntil 2mrw ...it`l go up further....bt who knws wat wil happen 2mrw..My strategy is once i get my profit exit from that stock....
@ thambi....Always go for big quantities for sure shots....speculative ones go for small quantities...
this is what i was adviced by a gud frend of me......

I totally agree with you bro. I bought SEMB.N @ 1.80 expecting to sell @ 2.70. but even when it hit 3.10 i was so greedy to hold it to earn 100% profit. And now the price is stagnated around 2.50 for some time. fourtunatly i can efford to hold it for few more weeks. And it is really happy to see banking sector moving up along with plantation sector. gives me some courage to hold SEMB for few more weeks :-).

27PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Fri Feb 04, 2011 7:23 pm

bliss

bliss
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

If u cn hold it until ur desired target is achieved then it`l b k....bt smtimes wat happens is some shares wil take a long time to come to the previous peak value eventhough it has potential of moving byond dat point....
MOst of us do is whn da share moves we wil sell n if it goes more wat comes to our mind is `ayyo`..
wat if it goes down aftr we sell it...our imagination is `yantam ati`...
thiz hapened to me with LCEY.. it went to 340 bt i didnt sell thinkin it`l go to 360+..bt wat happened was it bounced back to 300 again..i cudnt hold my money n sold it last tuesday @ 310....xactly aftr 1 week it went to sky....missed almost 300000.....
Always bettter to hv a compromise...
Tnx in advance...

28PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty PCH Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:57 pm

knowledge

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I usually don't participate in this forum and rather just follow the amusing and/or helpful threads going on, they make good entertainment. However, for all those out there loving or hating PCH, let's consider a few fundamental realities:

01) PCH appears overvalued when applying standard evaluation techniques
02) Their Q4 2010 results are not as impressive as everyone expected
03) There have been numerous rumors, allegations, etc. on various forums over the past 2 months
04) The share price movement of PCH on certain days appears like manipulation
05) Many of us can report of first-hand negative experience as customers of PCH
06) PCH primarily is a retailer, not a software developer as some claim

So far so good in favor of the nay-sayers, but

07) The whole PCH saga only started during Dec2010, when the business of Q4 was already conducted
08) Any movement of any share price always has an element of crowd behavior to it
09) Some "blue chip" shares trade at much higher PE ratios (e.g,. KHL: 100+)
10) Especially in the IT sector, share prices reflect future outlook rather than past performance
11) Dr. Senthilverl and others would most certainly not increase their stakes (massively) without a plan
12) Other ("blue chip") companies have identical share price growth patterns over the past months
13) PCH will engage in a few interesting acquisitions and expansions during 2011
14) Just like there's people promoting PCH to get the share price up, there's plenty of people talking negatively in order to bring prices down and to then collect

I am not advocating nor advising against PCH, this is purely my opinion and I think it's all gotten out of hand the last few weeks. Whoever Marketwatch/Marketbull is, one thing he has always done: advised people to do their own research, so nobody can blame him. Everyone legally entitled to trade is legally bound by accepting the outcome of their own decisions.

As for those forecasting a dooms day scenario for Monday, well, personally I believe that PCH will go down to about 25 next week and then hover there for a while before the next run (35 maybe). Some big players have identified PCH as a target and it's mostly the small traders that are selling off at the moment, collecting profits and engaging in the usual panic sell-offs. Good luck to everyone, PCH or not, just keep these forums clean please. We all want to make some money, nobody likes to lose, and in the end we are all here to learn something.

29PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Sat Feb 05, 2011 7:43 am

Casper

Casper
Stock Trader

This is my view..

Just check how much public float you have.. As i see it is just 25% as public float.. most of the shares are with big fish.. I do not think the big fish will sell all their shares and would like the share price to dropped.

What i see is the panic sellers (who are in that 25%) will start selling and the price might come down to about 18-20.. By that time what if the big fish collect that also ?? I still believe the price will come down to above mentioned price and then again start picking up and once the year end reports comes out, the price will be more than the current value.. It is my view only..

30PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Sat Feb 05, 2011 9:49 am

kdileepamd

kdileepamd
Stock Trader

Rajitha wrote:
Meta Trader wrote:BTW if you have few seconds, care to drop me a message , because I have '000 s of shares in that "company" ,more than 80% of my portfolio and I 'd be glad to have a "word" from you as a beginner with 6 months experiences in the market.
thank... you in advance.

is this true ?
can you believe this. ?
this post is not meant to laugh at !!! Evil or Very Mad ALL THE BEGINNERS MUST LEARN AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING .
YEp one guy was asking me advice what to do with sort of similar post. Its really depressing. I know more even some of my friends who bought the share when I said don't. Luckily most of them did it around 10-15.

Well as the person who asked the question above,
1. I am not a "PCH victim" king

2. I have '000 's of PCH shares almost 80% of my portfolio

averaging Rs. /=
well, you dont know ! PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Evilgrin

3. It is true day by day I am loosing my PROFITS ! still I'm not making any losses ! Basketball

4. I asked the specific question from specific person {you can check who is he from where YOU COPIED MY POST} because I valued that persons comments and ideas. Idea

5. I am a Beginner to the CSE and Stock Trading ! but that does not imply , I go seach the Internet / forums , count the number of times which a certain Stock has mentiond in a certain forum and put a buy order early in the morning ! lol!

6. Decision making ability is different from person to person ! Question No one BEGGED anyone PLEASE BUY PCH ! PLEASEE !!

burning your fingers or living on fire depends on each ones decisions , and they are solely responsible for that !

even I feel sorry for themselves , but eventually they will understand (Like I Did)
These Forums DO a great job in understanding the Market and Techniques ! PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Happy0034

7. FYI I Do My Own Study study and Make Decisions ! scratch

I appreciate your comment " ALL THE BEGINNERS MUST LEARN AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING . "

Thank You.

I am no EXPERT , but Isn't it bit unpleasant that you go copy and paste my post here and start a thread and keep commenting ! PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Sad0050

you should have given me a advice there , so I can learn and observe !

no offense brother , happy trading !
PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Happy0013

31PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Sat Feb 05, 2011 12:20 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

kdileepamd wrote:
Rajitha wrote:
Meta Trader wrote:BTW if you have few seconds, care to drop me a message , because I have '000 s of shares in that "company" ,more than 80% of my portfolio and I 'd be glad to have a "word" from you as a beginner with 6 months experiences in the market.
thank... you in advance.

is this true ?
can you believe this. ?
this post is not meant to laugh at !!! Evil or Very Mad ALL THE BEGINNERS MUST LEARN AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING .
YEp one guy was asking me advice what to do with sort of similar post. Its really depressing. I know more even some of my friends who bought the share when I said don't. Luckily most of them did it around 10-15.

Well as the person who asked the question above,
1. I am not a "PCH victim" king

2. I have '000 's of PCH shares almost 80% of my portfolio

averaging Rs. /=
well, you dont know ! PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Evilgrin

3. It is true day by day I am loosing my PROFITS ! still I'm not making any losses ! Basketball

4. I asked the specific question from specific person {you can check who is he from where YOU COPIED MY POST} because I valued that persons comments and ideas. Idea

5. I am a Beginner to the CSE and Stock Trading ! but that does not imply , I go seach the Internet / forums , count the number of times which a certain Stock has mentiond in a certain forum and put a buy order early in the morning ! lol!

6. Decision making ability is different from person to person ! Question No one BEGGED anyone PLEASE BUY PCH ! PLEASEE !!

burning your fingers or living on fire depends on each ones decisions , and they are solely responsible for that !

even I feel sorry for themselves , but eventually they will understand (Like I Did)
These Forums DO a great job in understanding the Market and Techniques ! PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Happy0034

7. FYI I Do My Own Study study and Make Decisions ! scratch

I appreciate your comment " ALL THE BEGINNERS MUST LEARN AND KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING . "

Thank You.

I am no EXPERT , but Isn't it bit unpleasant that you go copy and paste my post here and start a thread and keep commenting ! PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Sad0050

you should have given me a advice there , so I can learn and observe !

no offense brother , happy trading !
PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Happy0013

first of all i appreciate ur willingness to learn . which is very hard to find in the modern society .it was a pleasure to know you. cheers
what i did was simply copy pasted a comment from an one public web forum to another forum which is open to the whole public. so there is no copy write violation or any criminal offense but i never disclose the true identity of that investor .

WHAT I WANTED TO POINT AT WAS YOUR LACK OF FUND MANAGEMENT SKILLS . IT IS A CARDINAL SIN IN THE PROFESSIONAL INVESTING.
AND IT IS A PLEASURE ONCE AGAIN TO KNOW THAT YOU HAVE LEARNED FROM YOUR MISTAKE .

ALL THE BEST !!!

32PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:03 pm

kdileepamd

kdileepamd
Stock Trader

Thank you and glad to meet you too . All the Best !

33PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Sat Feb 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Meta Trader

Meta Trader

kdileepamd wrote:Thank you and glad to meet you too . All the Best !

nothing personal Wink
happy trading .

34PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Sat Feb 05, 2011 8:22 pm

$$$

We are not saying PCH is doomed...simply said its current pricing doesn't justify their current performance. They have many plans in the future and if and when those plans are executed and if those plans result in Financial gain well then we can pay kudos to PCH until then it's over valued .

35PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Sun Feb 06, 2011 5:29 am

sunbee

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Who invest for current prices?

PC lovers arguments is they invest for future same as others do in other shares. What is our reply for this?

36PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:35 pm

$$$

Oh and Bliss spot on buddy....even if you make a Rupee in profit exit ....It's tough to do but if we follow this and not be greedy well .....

Prob is like you said wanting to sell at x waiting for it to go x + and then realsing that its settling under x- and then not selling thinking it will move up and suddenly its x- - - lol

I purcshased Gran at 66 sold at 133 it went to 166 I missed out on making around 500000 but was happy tat I exited with almost 100% gain....never touched it again...i wanted to buy back so many times but it just kept on going up.

37PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Wed Feb 09, 2011 4:36 pm

$$$

It went to 266 odd

38PCH victim talks ..... - Page 2 Empty Re: PCH victim talks ..... Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:33 pm

bliss

bliss
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

$$$...
itz sad for me 2 tell u dat i bought GRAN @ 67 n it didnt move lk TAFL...so i sold @ 74...
Aftr 1 o 2 week it went to 120s...hw sad iam...alzo PCH i bought 40k shares around 13 n sold around 19..if i waited ntil it reach 30 hwmch cud hv bn my gain...hmmm...
quite satisfied...it was my luck....
Sad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum