FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Please Save bleeding LIOC

Please Save bleeding LIOC

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 11:46 am

Pethi

Pethi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Who would save bleeding LIOC...! Sad 
Where is our foreign buyers?
Don't you want Dividend?
Isn't it good to stuck with good shares? then why price goes down?
Is this the time to buy?
Is this the time to sell?
where is our experts?

2014-07-25 --> 39.20
2014-07-28 --> 39.10
2014-07-30 --> 39.00
2014-07-31 --> 38.90
2014-08-01 --> 38.80

2014-08-06      ?????
2014-08-08     --------

2Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:08 pm

barba


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Balanced View what's your view? For the sake of inexperienced members better to express

3Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:23 pm

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
When there is a upward trend people do not buy fundamentally sound shares .LIOC is fundamentally sound share.People go after
other shares
That is one reason for minus beta value of some shares

Nothing to worry about LIOC. HOLD



Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : correction)

4Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:30 pm

barba


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:When there is a upward trend people do not buy fundamentally shares sound .LIOC is fundamentally sound share.People go after
other shares

Nothing to worry about LIOC

HOLD
Nice to see D.G.D back.Your views are also very much respected here.

5Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:35 pm

barba


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Pethi wrote:Who would save bleeding LIOC...! Sad 
Where is our foreign buyers?
Don't you want Dividend?
Isn't it good to stuck with good shares? then why price goes down?
Is this the time to buy?
Is this the time to sell?
where is our experts?

2014-07-25 --> 39.20
2014-07-28 --> 39.10
2014-07-30 --> 39.00
2014-07-31 --> 38.90
2014-08-01 --> 38.80

2014-08-06      ?????
2014-08-08     --------
Pethi are you scaring people?

6Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 12:55 pm

yellow knife


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Pethi its really difficult to make market to dance to our tunes

7Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 1:48 pm

stevenapple


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@barba wrote:
@Pethi wrote:Who would save bleeding LIOC...! Sad 
Where is our foreign buyers?
Don't you want Dividend?
Isn't it good to stuck with good shares? then why price goes down?
Is this the time to buy?
Is this the time to sell?
where is our experts?

2014-07-25 --> 39.20
2014-07-28 --> 39.10
2014-07-30 --> 39.00
2014-07-31 --> 38.90
2014-08-01 --> 38.80

2014-08-06      ?????
2014-08-08     --------
Pethi are you scaring people
True .

8Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty please save bleeding lioc Mon Aug 04, 2014 4:53 pm

yellow knife


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@stevenapple wrote:
@barba wrote:
@Pethi wrote:Who would save bleeding LIOC...! Sad 
Where is our foreign buyers?
Don't you want Dividend?
Isn't it good to stuck with good shares? then why price goes down?
Is this the time to buy?
Is this the time to sell?
where is our experts?

2014-07-25 --> 39.20
2014-07-28 --> 39.10
2014-07-30 --> 39.00
2014-07-31 --> 38.90
2014-08-01 --> 38.80

2014-08-06      ?????
2014-08-08     --------
Pethi are you scaring people
True .


2014-08-04 -->39.00

9Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 5:52 pm

Balanced_Views


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@barba wrote:Balanced View what's your view? For the sake of inexperienced members better to express

My view is that this share is a STRONG BUY.

The reasons? Great PE, good expected results

Once the results are out, should move to 50

10Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 6:39 pm

barba


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@Balanced_Views wrote:
@barba wrote:Balanced View what's your view? For the sake of inexperienced members better to express

My view is that this share is a STRONG BUY.

The reasons? Great PE, good expected results

Once the results are out, should move to 50
There you are. Strange why Pethi does not see it that way. Another expert here

11Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 9:48 pm

shadow walker

shadow walker
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
i the past im agree with pethi.. But not anymore.. World oil price going down day by day..

i think we must wait for their 6.31 statement..

12Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Mon Aug 04, 2014 10:55 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert
@pethi- Sell and shift to another share. Even our great fund exit over 40 (just before last qtr FS released) which they bought around 20 and they are responsible for pushing it this much.

Now deserve a long sleep Smile

13Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Tue Aug 05, 2014 5:35 am

Pethi

Pethi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@shadow walker wrote:i the past im agree with pethi.. But not anymore.. World oil price going down day by day..

i think we must wait for their 6.31 statement..

Support is strong the next 3 weeks crucial. if there is no heavy selling from a nervous/inpatient investor, and followed by panic selling....  It should hover around these prices depending on the news.

Nothing is certain. Anything could happen.



Annoy US officials
"we are importing crude oil from Iran since 2013, US officials are constantly on alert"

Old machinery.... could break down
"Sri Lanka's only oil refinery at Sapugaskanda, a half-a-century old national asset.

Mis-Managment of CPC
Export sub standard Diesel etc

Good quarterly reports from LIOC

World Oil Prices

Exchange rates

India- Sri lanka relationships and government policies

Take your positions wisely. its your money....!

14Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Tue Aug 05, 2014 8:02 am

schemer


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
price is down because the last q result was not good though most of us had high hopes. I sold all my shares at 42/=. re enter depending on next result.

15Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Tue Aug 05, 2014 2:38 pm

yellow knife


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@yellow knife wrote:
@stevenapple wrote:
@barba wrote:
@Pethi wrote:Who would save bleeding LIOC...! Sad 
Where is our foreign buyers?
Don't you want Dividend?
Isn't it good to stuck with good shares? then why price goes down?
Is this the time to buy?
Is this the time to sell?
where is our experts?

2014-07-25 --> 39.20
2014-07-28 --> 39.10
2014-07-30 --> 39.00
2014-07-31 --> 38.90
2014-08-01 --> 38.80

2014-08-06      ?????
2014-08-08     --------
Pethi are you scaring people
True .


2014-08-04 -->39.00
2014-08-05--->39.10

16Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Tue Aug 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert
@schemer wrote:price is down because the last  q result was not good though most of us  had high hopes. I sold all my shares at 42/=. re enter depending on next result.

agreed.
wait until 30-06-2014 report...
EPS(Q1) < 1.5, Hence price will come down again...
 cheers cheers 

17Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Tue Aug 05, 2014 11:55 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin
LIOC is a fundamentally strong stock.
But it has recently affected by low oil prices.
It has finished the downslope after mid may and now come to
a consolidation period and moving sideways.
It has a resistance at Rs 40/=
The next intrim report will decide the trend of the stock.
No need to panic yet.

18Please Save bleeding LIOC Empty Re: Please Save bleeding LIOC Wed Aug 06, 2014 12:28 am

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@Dr Stock wrote:LIOC is a fundamentally strong stock.
But it has recently affected by low oil prices.
It has finished the downslope after mid may and now come to
a consolidation period and moving sideways.
It has a resistance at Rs 40/=
The next intrim report will decide the trend of the stock.
No need to panic yet.

Thank you  Very Happy 

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum