FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC (AMF.N0000)
by ForeigNer Today at 10:32 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by DimuthuKW Today at 10:09 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by shakthi1974 Today at 7:54 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by Gaudente Yesterday at 11:55 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions update
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC (LLMP.N0000)
by Eranx Yesterday at 11:04 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by Zahara khan Yesterday at 10:40 pm

» DVP is unfair?
by xhunter Yesterday at 10:20 pm

» Directors' Dealings 23/06/2021
by SAGA Yesterday at 10:07 pm

» SINH.N0000 (SINGHE HOSPITALS)
by SAGA Yesterday at 9:45 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today - 23/06/2021
by SAGA Yesterday at 9:05 pm

» Delivery Versus Payment (DVP) on CSE!
by samaritan Yesterday at 8:45 pm

» Stock Market Entertainment
by samaritan Yesterday at 5:55 pm

» TOP 20 LISTED COMPANIES BY FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 3:29 pm

» DVP යනු කුමක්ද? Explained
by samaritan Yesterday at 1:58 pm

» Money Printing Up Rs15.8B
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 11:58 am

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by ONTHEMONEY Yesterday at 7:16 am

» Top Foreign Trading today - 22/06/2021
by SAGA Tue Jun 22, 2021 8:50 pm

» RWSL for short term profits
by madukp Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:17 pm

» YORK has a potential to go double ...
by Vasyan Tue Jun 22, 2021 5:07 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » DAILY CHRONICLE™ » How to play market pullbacks!

How to play market pullbacks!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to play market pullbacks! Empty How to play market pullbacks! Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:21 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
Global stock markets have been going up slowly since late 2009. There were so many market pullbacks. Those pullbacks created opportunity for intelligent investors. What about pullbacks in the CSE. Did you experience this in the past?

2How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:57 pm

Lalindra

Lalindra
Manager - Equity Analytics
After 1987 the best period was the latter part of 2009 and 2010 immediately after the war ended. Then the market manipulators stepped in and messed up the market and the new investors who were just entering the market were just wiped out overnight. The worst was in 2012 and 2013 for many new investors. We are just seeing consolidation and the market is stabilizing. Investors are more matured and invest with better care. They should be able to reap the befits of the market pullbacks better now than before.

3How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:47 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
It is good to have some pullbacks and pause in stocks time to time. It is healthy for the market. Otherwise market will become too hot.

4How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 2:51 pm

dougieboy

Agreed.

5How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:01 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
By keep your eyes opened wide, you can catch several opportunities although during a pullback remains only few days.

I learnt several gold lessons from pullback in 2012 and still got stuck with some counters. Crying or Very sad They have not recovered until my expected levels. But it taught me how to lower the risk and its importance than following behind instant profits.

6How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:32 pm

Lalindra

Lalindra
@Roboticfx wrote:By keep your eyes opened wide, you can catch several opportunities although during a pullback remains only few days.

I learnt several gold lessons from pullback in 2012 and still got stuck with some counters.  Crying or Very sad They have not recovered until my expected levels. But it taught me how to lower the risk and its importance than following behind instant profits.

You're not alone there Robotcfx. I also still have in my portfolio some stocks bought around 2011/12 without giving thought to P/E and only on speculation. I'm to still recover my investment cost. We all learn the hardway, don't we?

7How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 3:52 pm

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@Lalindra wrote:
@Roboticfx wrote:By keep your eyes opened wide, you can catch several opportunities although during a pullback remains only few days.

I learnt several gold lessons from pullback in 2012 and still got stuck with some counters.  Crying or Very sad They have not recovered until my expected levels. But it taught me how to lower the risk and its importance than following behind instant profits.

You're not alone there Robotcfx. I also still have in my portfolio some stocks bought around 2011/12 without giving thought to P/E and only on speculation. I'm to still recover my investment cost. We all learn the hardway, don't we?
Dear lali,
sorry to note the losses.... the important thing was that we learnt hard way and vowed not to make rash decisions again. Very Happy

It would be a weakness on our part if we continue to make same mistakes again...

Shark

8How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:00 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
SHARK wrote:
@Lalindra wrote:

Dear lali,
sorry to note the losses.... the important thing was that we learnt hard way and vowed not to make rash decisions again. Very Happy

It would be a weakness on our part if we continue to make same mistakes again...

Shark

Yes We Do Lalindra. There is no any investor who has never done any mistake. Actually, I didn't have much knowledge in financial side when I entered first but I could learn them quickly.

Shark, your advice is much worthy. and I'm following it. Thank you.

9How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:12 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
Every business has risk and returns. It is same in the stock market. What I learnt was we cannot make profits all the time. So we should have risk management in our life and the things that we are going to deal with. Everybody may have some sort of judgment of errors. So they make mistakes. So I would like to stay with value investment in the future to minimize risk and losses. When market P/E expand I will go behind the some of the lowest P/E sectors and companies which are having some great value and which are not going to bankrupt during next 10 to 20 years. At least there should be some demand for their products and services. Good luck!

10How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 4:34 pm

Lalindra

Lalindra
Thank you Roboticfx and Thank you Shark. Appreciate your valuable input too Valuepick. It's said,
"You can't make the same mistake twice. The second time you make it, it's no longer a mistake, it's a choice."

11How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:36 pm

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Well said Lalindra. I suppose you can see somebody choose that choice! Very Happy

12How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:19 pm

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert
well done.

13How to play market pullbacks! Empty Re: How to play market pullbacks! Thu Sep 04, 2014 9:41 pm

rangananwr

rangananwr
Surprised

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum