FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by Maharaja Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» MULTI FINANCE PLC (MFL.N0000)
by Eleven Yesterday at 9:28 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Yesterday at 4:18 pm

» ACL; MELS; HHL; BIL; LWL- STOCKS TO WATCH
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 1:43 pm

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:49 am

» Sinopec likely to enter Lankan fuel market
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:41 am

» RW - Rescue Warrior of Sri Lanka's Economy
by reyaz Yesterday at 8:17 am

» Should Central bank increase Interest rates?
by reyaz Yesterday at 7:52 am

» LPRT and CHOT old and profitable businesses, yet severely undervalued
by sheildskye Sun Aug 07, 2022 12:05 pm

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Sat Aug 06, 2022 6:24 pm

» Day Trader may find a stock attractive if it moves a lot during the day. Stock market for beginners and day traders
by Asoka Samarakone Sat Aug 06, 2022 11:54 am

» Foundation laid for Nestlé Lanka’s Rs.5bn factory expansion
by nilantha suranga Sat Aug 06, 2022 1:57 am

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by cseboss Fri Aug 05, 2022 7:21 pm

» I can't understad your behaviour
by D.G.Dayaratne Fri Aug 05, 2022 6:56 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by samaritan Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:38 am

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by sojsilva Fri Aug 05, 2022 9:14 am

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by EPS Thu Aug 04, 2022 10:33 pm

» Maersk sees global supply chain woes for longer
by samaritan Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:11 pm

» World Cities Summit: Sri Lanka's US$14b Port City Colombo still viable despite crisis, says official
by samaritan Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:21 am

» Bulls return to Colombo stock market with new vigour
by samaritan Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:11 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » NC Pls give your valuable opinion to me

NC Pls give your valuable opinion to me

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1NC Pls give your valuable opinion to me Empty NC Pls give your valuable opinion to me Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:57 am

sachee

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I bought GREG N 9,400 and average price is 18.70
But the curren price is 15.80 and seems to be down trend what can i do pls share ur idea

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Don't sell now. After tomorrow , you will able minimize your loss. This is what I do if I hold such amount.

But,

@ 17.80 you get 12,302.72 loss.
@18.00 you get 10,443.78 loss.
@18.20 you get 8,584.83 loss
@18.50 you get 5,796.42 loss
@ 18.70 you get 3,937.47 loss
@19 you get 1,149.06 loss.

Break Even Rate is 19.20. It's quite high I feel.

What is the maximum loss you can bear?

BTW,
Hey, So called GREG experts, please help this friend.

sachee

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thanx for ur comments Roboticfx

MoneyTree

MoneyTree
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

wait n see, as this is a bullish trend...

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

NC wrote:Hey bro, 1st of all you need to review your investment strategy before you do any further investments. Ask yourself on which basis you bought these stocks ?  I notice that you've bought some on top.
However, now you want to manage the loss and the risk of further loss. I studied your portfolio and this's my opinion;

GRAN: Sell @ 48 -50 and accept the small loss. Or colse half position @ 48. (Then you may have to hold the rest for next 6-12 month period and close at break-even.

REEF: Hold and close on breakeven. This may hit 25 on this year. (Support 16)

GREG: Hold this greg at a bottom. Having a possibilty to hit 15 -16 this year. Then close. However, if this break 10, better to exit, before make further loss.

BFL: Hold BFL, dont sell. Current price is good for entry. Try to reduce avg price around or below 200. At new year season (december) they get a good profit and normally their March quarter statement hit the market. So, 2015 March results may better. So, collect at lower prices and try to sell it next year March -April at a small proift. Dont sell at a loss, after you collect more.

These are my personal view on your portfolio. If you sell this total portfolio at this loss, it may take another 2yrs to recover your losses.Take more ideas from experts and and try to manage this...

- GL

As I told you, on there, greg has successfully hit target 17, within a very short period of time. But, there's problem it was too quick move and looks alike chaotic. We dont know how long this will last. And I haven't done studies regarding greg and its voluntary offers. So, only I can say, what I see on the chart. So, on technical view as today I can say,
target 1 - Rs.17 sucessfully hit.
target 2 - Rs.19
target 3 - Rs.23 -24
On risk management perspective, since target 1 is hit, better to close half a lot, bcz there's no fundamentally support hence this stock is much risky.
On the otherhand, greg is still passing its bottom.
So, this is what I do if I had greg, I close half a lot @ 1st target (Rs.17) and hold the rest untill to reach 20 and close 2/3 @ 2nd target. keep rest 1/3 to hit final target or if not reach there I sell around last HL (higher lower). This is my strategy, and it depend on my risk appetite, and it may be different from yours.
So, since this greg is much risky better to use risk management as I said above. We dont know how long greg may keep run. And I'm agree with "Roboticfx", you have to bear a some loss at this stage, for safeguard of your money.

NC

NC

I forgot to say that, there's no trend reversal happened still as as you asked. Actually the, trend is still bear bcz the last LH (lower higher has not break yet) @ Rs. 19 and its not yet hit, (our target 2). However a pull back is expected around 14.

sachee

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thanx NC

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum