FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Equity Win Today at 2:17 pm

» TIME TO CALL SLT ?
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't Support Criminals and burn your fingers!!!

+13
sampath.anuradha
puliyanam
Sstar
nickjava
RayR
hariesha
fawaz4sl
soileconomy
SHARK aka TAH
OzTRADER
geshan.weerakkody
NC
AAABoy
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

AAABoy

AAABoy

I thought to write this thread after seeing lots of posts which directly promoting junk stocks in this forum.  After 2010-2011, Now Sri Lanka Equity Market perform well giving some good returns to its Investors. As always a bull market starts with Blue Chip stocks, We saw JKH/COMB/HNB/CTC/NEST/NDB etc.. going up continuously since the start of 2014.

Meanwhile now some People who called "God in Stock Market" has started to push junk stocks from big percentages repeatedly every day to attract public to invest in Junks from fundamentals. If you see GREG.W06 two moths ago it was 0.60 only and it pushed up to 3.50 within a short period. But have you discovered what is the intrinsic value of this Warrant? But People buy them by selling all their value stocks. Once the Great Warrant Buffet has said that

I bought a company in the mid-'90s called Dexter Shoe and paid $400 million for it. And it went to zero. And I gave about $400 million worth of Berkshire stock, which is probably now worth $400 billion. But I've made lots of dumb decisions. That's part of the game.

We all should keep in mind that Stock Market is not for gambling. It is the capital market of our country we should protect it by preventing these manipulations, Only we can do that by not purchasing these junks even it goes by 100%. Also If you get a return with these stocks I believe that money will not in your purse for long, Those are innocent peoples money.

People who manipulate these stocks would be deserved to call as Criminals.  Because what they do is buying at low, pushing the stock to higher and unload them to innocent people. Do you ever think these money that they earn reinvest in the market.. Never. So people who bought shares from higher prices keep their shares with lots of hopes that this man will do the stock soon and he never returns. After that everyone keep wasting the time blaming CSE/SEC and Stockbrokers.

I believe everyone should follow these two steps,

1) Open your account in a reputed Stockbroker Company. People who are working in these companies are called real Investment Advisors.  Other people are Brokers.. Just Brokers

2) Do not buy any stock for rumors. Some people says Budu doing this, Budu doing that..ect.. Never believe those If they are doing that stocks you better keep away and see what is happening.      

Guys this is our CSE.. Please protect it. Don't promote junks and Don't follow Junks!!

NC

NC
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Don't Support Criminals and burn your fingers!!! Un210
lol!

NC

NC

My reaction when I saw GREG.W06 Very Happy Don't Support Criminals and burn your fingers!!! Z

geshan.weerakkody

geshan.weerakkody
Manager - Equity Analytics

Well said AAA Boy and we need more people like you in the Forum Smile Plus rep from me Smile

OzTRADER

OzTRADER
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

AAABoy wrote:I thought to write this thread after seeing lots of posts which directly promoting junk stocks in this forum.  After 2010-2011, Now Sri Lanka Equity Market perform well giving some good returns to its Investors. As always a bull market starts with Blue Chip stocks, We saw JKH/COMB/HNB/CTC/NEST/NDB etc.. going up continuously since the start of 2014.

Meanwhile now some People who called "God in Stock Market" has started to push junk stocks from big percentages repeatedly every day to attract public to invest in Junks from fundamentals. If you see GREG.W06 two moths ago it was 0.60 only and it pushed up to 3.50 within a short period. But have you discovered what is the intrinsic value of this Warrant? But People buy them by selling all their value stocks. Once the Great Warrant Buffet has said that

I bought a company in the mid-'90s called Dexter Shoe and paid $400 million for it. And it went to zero. And I gave about $400 million worth of Berkshire stock, which is probably now worth $400 billion. But I've made lots of dumb decisions. That's part of the game.

We all should keep in mind that Stock Market is not for gambling. It is the capital market of our country we should protect it by preventing these manipulations, Only we can do that by not purchasing these junks even it goes by 100%. Also If you get a return with these stocks I believe that money will not in your purse for long, Those are innocent peoples money.

People who manipulate these stocks would be deserved to call as Criminals.  Because what they do is buying at low, pushing the stock to higher and unload them to innocent people. Do you ever think these money that they earn reinvest in the market.. Never. So people who bought shares from higher prices keep their shares with lots of hopes that this man will do the stock soon and he never returns. After that everyone keep wasting the time blaming CSE/SEC and Stockbrokers.

1) Open your account in a reputed Stockbroker Company. People who are working in these companies are called real Investment Advisors.  Other people are Brokers.. Just Brokers

2) Do not buy any stock for rumors. Some people says Budu doing this, Budu doing that..ect.. Never believe those If they are doing that stocks you better keep away and see what is happening.      

Guys this is our CSE.. Please protect it. Don't promote junks and Don't follow Junks!!

Dear AAABoy....agreeing to everything that you have said it is very unfortunate that as far as money is concerned people are no longer bothered what happens to other as long as we, they and other is satisfied with there positive outcome of being a rupee richer.....the reality of the stock exchange is to make money..dump money and pump money...if what you are saying is true about the stock market being ethical....why do they let the stock prices soar....if they regulated the stock prices...there would not exist a stock market.....think about it...we live in a world which is becoming less and less civilized and we call the human kind civilized...this is just my point of view...correct me if i am wrong.Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

The post is timely. Thanks alot for being straight as an arrow.

OzTRADER

OzTRADER

SHARK wrote:The post is timely. Thanks alot for being straight as an arrow.

Thank you SIR......Gone thru hell in life...and still am.... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

soileconomy

soileconomy
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Some people will learn the lesson in a hard way.but trying to persuade them to be good is more important.we should read articles like this and will be admired more after few months time.

soileconomy

soileconomy

Some people will learn the lesson in a hard way.but trying to persuade them to be good is more important.we should read articles like this and will be admired more after few months time.

fawaz4sl

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

I was very confused recently. I am a beginer. Good piece of advice.

hariesha

Vice President - Equity Analytics

Agreed about GREG.W006. But not with the whole article. Don't have time to write much. There was a similar debate couple of years back. Those who are new dig and read, will help lot. You don't need any thing to learn. This forum is full of information. Take time and read. Specially the research section.

Markets do have cycles. Understanding those is vital. Buying only HI CAP shares described AAA boy is not investing, better have a FD. This time market start the trend with HI Caps. When they were taken to a certain level, people feel they are over valued and moving to mid caps (I think we are there now). Most of the penny stocks are yet to move.

There can be value in small caps and mid caps also. Much more value than HI CAPS. They are much beaten in the down trend in last three years.

In between there can be gossip base movements also.

I don't like the terminology "CRAP". This is about companies. There can be reasons behind their bad performance. They can be revived. When I was talking about REXP 1 1/2 years back some said it has a negative asset value. Truly it had a negative NAV. But look at now? I collected first 10,000 shares between Rs.17-18. Where is it now?

Understand various instruments. When to enter and when to exit. Learn from the mistakes. Few months back JKH was taken close to 300/-, LLUB was taken to 375/- and dropped to Rs.260/- what about the guys purchased at the top.

So you can get burned from any share. Play the game for the long term. Everything is pat of the game.

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

geshan.weerakkody wrote:Well said AAA Boy and we need more people like you in the Forum Smile Plus rep from me Smile
some one - rep, who could that be,anyways i too gave a plus rep.... way to go bro.... Very Happy

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

fawaz4sl wrote:I was very confused recently. I am a beginer. Good piece of advice.
there is so much you will and can learn.ts upto you to take the necessary action and steps .... Very Happy

fawaz4sl

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Thanks everybody.
I starting to set my mind now...

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

Now we have started on the right track .......
ozt
soileconomy
hariesha
sstar
aaaboy
stevenapple
geeshan
nc
TT
somyboy Very Happy

are well capable to move this forum in any weather conditions.....
bravo ......

i may have missed some names.... sorry for that not intentional
Shark

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert

oops
i remember few more
pethi
DGD
aubrey
robotic

all these are with strong background more experienced than me ....as well _/\_

good luck all

RayR

RayR
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

We don't need to walk behind those junk as good stocks are there. just go through the Financial statements of following, OSEA, LIOC, TKYO, WATA, BALA, TJL, JINS

nickjava

Well my advice dont gamble in cse. I have friends who are still paying the price for mistakes they did in 2011

Sstar

Sstar

hariesha wrote:Agreed about GREG.W006. But not with the whole article. Don't have time to write much. There was a similar debate couple of years back. Those who are new dig and read, will help lot. You don't need any thing to learn. This forum is full of information. Take time and read. Specially the research section.

Markets do have cycles. Understanding those is vital. Buying only HI CAP shares described AAA boy is not investing, better have a FD. This time market start the trend with HI Caps. When they were taken to a certain level, people feel they are over valued and moving to mid caps (I think we are there now). Most of the penny stocks are yet to move.

There can be value in small caps and mid caps also. Much more value than HI CAPS. They are much beaten in the down trend in last three years.

I don't like the terminology "CRAP". This is about companies. There can be reasons behind their bad performance. They can be revived. When I was talking about REXP 1 1/2 years back some said it has a negative asset value. Truly it had a negative NAV. But look at now? I collected first 10,000 shares between Rs.17-18. Where is it now?

Understand various instruments. When to enter and when to exit. Learn from the mistakes. Few months back JKH was taken close to 300/-, LLUB was taken to 375/- and dropped to Rs.260/- what about the guys purchased at the top.

So you can get burned from any share. Play the game for the long term. Everything is pat of the game.

Thanks. Great advice.

puliyanam

puliyanam

Well said AAA boy! Good one

sampath.anuradha

HI...Mr I'm new comer.so can u explain what is this meaning ; PE,PBV,Q ,EPS,NAV,CRAP, thank u,,,

dougieboy

Good post AAAboy. Wonder whether you are anyone we knew from past or a newcomer?

Hariesha,

There is some truth in your comments. Btw yes REXP was good pick . Well done. You saw it the turn around stage.
Then it had continous good eps reporting for 2 years now . So prices went up and up. But it will be so hard to find another share like that which can go from negative assets to positive , and keep improving eps. Usually these negative asset companies never reprort consistent positve eps. REXP was helped by low rubber prices. For many years it was making a loss right?

I see KURU is turning around , but it will be delisted Sad

hariesha wrote:Agreed about GREG.W006. But not with the whole article. Don't have time to write much. There was a similar debate couple of years back. Those who are new dig and read, will help lot. You don't need any thing to learn. This forum is full of information. Take time and read. Specially the research section.

TKS

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

nikan boru danna epa. baila talks dunnata meyala ganneth hoda naha hoda naha kiyana awama thamai. me wage post walata - thamai denna ona.

Roboticfx

Roboticfx

+ rep from me.

Don't get bothered by advising to people who are very fond of getting their fingers burnt.

However,

To protect this forum, action is requried rather than advising. Advising was done enough.

Hello Moderators of talk section!
Now your time to use some power! Twisted Evil Wink

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

AAABoy wrote:I thought to write this thread after seeing lots of posts which directly promoting junk stocks in this forum.  After 2010-2011, Now Sri Lanka Equity Market perform well giving some good returns to its Investors. As always a bull market starts with Blue Chip stocks, We saw JKH/COMB/HNB/CTC/NEST/NDB etc.. going up continuously since the start of 2014.

great one

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum