FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Today at 10:22 am

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by Gowri123 Yesterday at 4:38 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by Gowri123 Yesterday at 4:08 pm

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Yesterday at 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Yesterday at 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Yesterday at 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:07 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 pm

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:34 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Why Plantation sector not moving ?

Why Plantation sector not moving ?

+14
ADP
schemer
kadik
MARKETWATCH2
kingraj1
windi5
market maxx
Invest_Wisely
daminda
Eng Krishantha
NZ BOY
Market Watch
Dr Stock
KAS10
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Why Plantation sector not moving ? Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:33 pm

KAS10


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Expert Share your comments...

2Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Wed Aug 27, 2014 4:44 pm

Dr Stock

Dr Stock
Co-Admin

Very soon it will make a move.
Lot of volumes are being traded
Sp MAL, WATA , HOPL , ELPL ,BALA
We should be alert about tea brokers too.
ASIY , CTEA , TSML , CTBL
world tea auction prices are good.
Will see in coming weeks.

P.S. - Im not an expert just shared my views.

3Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Wed Aug 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Market Watch


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic


Lot of people are waiting for plantation sector. If you see the price trends in colombo tea brokers, it is upward trends..So results will be reflected in next two quarter finnacial statements.you have to wait some time.With that mind set ,I brought BIL @1.70 as it has more than 70% from plantation and it is well diversified group.NAV is around 2.9 after the right issue.It is under value share with high potention for grouth with plantation sector.There are other reosons for investing this share and few I have explained in my preveous post.

4Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Wed Aug 27, 2014 8:29 pm

NZ BOY

NZ BOY
Moderator
Moderator

wait lot of thing happening coming days

5Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:28 am

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert

Dr Stock wrote:Very soon it will make a move.
Lot of volumes are being traded
Sp MAL, WATA , HOPL , ELPL ,BALA
We should be alert about tea brokers too.
ASIY , CTEA , TSML , CTBL
world tea auction prices are good.
Will see in coming weeks.

P.S. - Im not an expert just shared my views.

i would like to add MADU

6Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 12:45 am

daminda


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dear Englishkrishantha, why did you prefer MADU? Any reason ?

7Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:05 am

Invest_Wisely


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I agree with Englishkrishantha, I bought MADU at around 13 the reasons being

* The current plantation rally is mainly companies exposed to Tea
* Madu EPS for the quater 30.06.2014 is more than 2 NAV is more than 50
* Mainly into Tea

Can reach 20 levels

To: KAS10

In my opinion the plantation rally has already started the share prices of companies who are exposed to tea have gone up. If Tea prices go up further these companies share prices will definitely rocket up.

Happy Trading

8Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:21 am

market maxx


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

hi guys. i have 1. million shares of FLCH with the average price of 2.08. i'm big confuse whether i should sell or hold this share any more. what is your opinion?

9Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:27 am

windi5

windi5
Moderator
Moderator

Very much fragile. Sensitive to external factors like labour wage,wrather,Oil price. Last time rubber price was the reason for uptrend.

10Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 8:33 am

kingraj1

kingraj1
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

market maxx wrote:hi guys. i have 1. million shares of FLCH with the average price of 2.08. i'm big confuse whether i should sell or hold this share any more. what is your opinion?

Sell now.... Then I can buy 1 million shares Suspect Suspect Suspect

11Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 2:46 pm

MARKETWATCH2


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Market Watch wrote:
Lot of people are waiting for plantation sector. If you see the price trends in colombo tea brokers, it is upward trends..So results will be reflected in next two quarter finnacial statements.you have to wait some time.With that mind set ,I brought BIL @1.70 as it has more than 70% from plantation and it is well diversified group.NAV is around 2.9 after the right issue.It is under value share with high potention for grouth with plantation sector.There are other reosons for investing this share and few I have explained in my preveous post.

Wise ideas. Two birds in one stone.

12Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 4:03 pm

kadik


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

MARKETWATCH2 wrote:
Market Watch wrote:
Lot of people are waiting for plantation sector. If you see the price trends in colombo tea brokers, it is upward trends..So results will be reflected in next two quarter finnacial statements.you have to wait some time.With that mind set ,I brought BIL @1.70 as it has more than 70% from plantation and it is well diversified group.NAV is around 2.9 after the right issue.It is under value share with high potention for grouth with plantation sector.There are other reosons for investing this share and few I have explained in my preveous post.

Wise ideas. Two birds in one stone.

agreed

13Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 pm

schemer


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

will move at slow rate



Last edited by schemer on Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : wrong post)

14Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 7:31 pm

schemer


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

platation will move ,but slow rate

15Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Thu Aug 28, 2014 10:13 pm

Eng Krishantha

Eng Krishantha
Expert
Expert

daminda wrote:Dear Englishkrishantha, why did you prefer MADU? Any reason ?
 one of best plantation share...

16Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:39 am

ADP

ADP
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Almost all plantation stocks seem undervalued currently( if you consider price should be 12x EPS or 1.5 NAVPS).

By reading comments on the sector we see that the following effect the profitability of the sector:

1. weather 
2. wage issues.
3. World commodity prices ( Tea,rubber etc..)
4. Crude oil prices (Not sure why)

Pls comment if there are anymore to watch.

My question are: 
Whats the best way to value a plantation sector stock? ( Can we use 12x EPS or 1.5 NAVPS).
What are the other factors that will drive this sector?

I really appreciate if some knowledgeable member can share their thoughts..

17Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:17 pm

Market R

Market R
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Rubber price also fallen down from month of June 2014. Still going down. :/

18Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty madu.n /bala.n like a come down Fri Aug 29, 2014 2:58 pm

karuna


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Suspect Suspect Suspect

19Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Fri Sep 05, 2014 1:06 pm

MARKETWATCH2


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Invest_Wisely wrote:I agree with Englishkrishantha, I bought MADU at around 13 the reasons being

* The current plantation rally is mainly companies exposed to Tea
* Madu EPS for the quater 30.06.2014 is more than 2 NAV is more than 50
* Mainly into Tea

Can reach 20 levels

To: KAS10

In my opinion the plantation rally has already started the share prices of companies who are exposed to tea have gone up. If Tea prices go up further these companies share prices will definitely rocket up.

Happy Trading

U right. short term target Rs.20/Rs.25. Support Rs.14.70/ Rs.16.

20Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:16 pm

Invest_Wisely


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

This sector will move again once the September Quarterly results are out....Buy plantation shares that are mainly exposed to Tea....

21Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:22 pm

Market R

Market R
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Invest_Wisely,
can you mention any stock that can release good reports in comming qoarter? Any predictions?

22Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Sat Sep 06, 2014 2:53 pm

Invest_Wisely


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I have invested in

MADU @ 13
ELPL, @ 19
BALA: 31.50
HAPU: 35

If your investing buy with caution as the plantation sector as already gone up and going through a slight correction and like ADP mentioned in the post on 29.08.2014 (by ADP on Fri Aug 29, 2014 5:09 am) there is a lot of risk involved when investing in this sector....

23Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Sat Sep 06, 2014 4:24 pm

Market R

Market R
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Thanks Smile

24Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Sat Sep 06, 2014 6:24 pm

Invest_Wisely


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@Market R I would also look into TPL as well....

25Why Plantation sector not moving ? Empty Re: Why Plantation sector not moving ? Sat Sep 06, 2014 8:07 pm

Market R

Market R
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Noted with thanks

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum