FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» The war in Ukraine is no longer shocking the wheat market
by ResearchMan Today at 12:44 pm

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by cseguide Today at 11:34 am

» Analysis: China casts giant shadow over emerging nations' chase for debt relief
by ChooBoy Today at 7:38 am

» In STOCK MARKET despite all odds, there is always hope. Never ever give in nor give up.
by atuts Yesterday at 2:14 pm

» India raises import tax on gold to support rupee and amid trade deficit
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:09 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:57 am

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm

» Govt gets its priorities wrong
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:25 am

» Ambassador assures U.S. support to Sri Lanka to find solutions to economic issues
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:16 am

» IMF-Sri Lanka bailout talks end without a deal
by ChooBoy Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 am

» Sri Lanka Breaks Into Hyperinflation Zone Amid Dollar Crunch
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:11 am

» Sri Lanka needs to do more on debt restructuring before a bailout package is finalised, says IMF
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:06 am

» Global COVID cases rise as BA.4 and BA.5 expand
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:04 am

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Announcement of SEMB

Announcement of SEMB

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Announcement of SEMB Empty Announcement of SEMB Wed May 18, 2011 10:55 am

cOrE


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic

Came across in one of the research reports that mentioned about SEMB of which I too own a considerable amount of shares..

"SMB Leasing (SEMB) announced that the company will be reducing its stated capital from Rs. 1,147Mn to Rs. 518.3 Mn(Subject to Approval) by writing off the brought forward losses of the company"

I need to know as to what would be the consequences of this announcement and what would happen to the price of the share once the stated capital had been reduced. I had bought SEMB.W16 at 0.6 and is it advisable to hold on to this and for how long.. ?

2Announcement of SEMB Empty Re: Announcement of SEMB Wed May 18, 2011 12:08 pm

StocksWatch


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

cOrE wrote:Came across in one of the research reports that mentioned about SEMB of which I too own a considerable amount of shares..

"SMB Leasing (SEMB) announced that the company will be reducing its stated capital from Rs. 1,147Mn to Rs. 518.3 Mn(Subject to Approval) by writing off the brought forward losses of the company"

I need to know as to what would be the consequences of this announcement and what would happen to the price of the share once the stated capital had been reduced. I had bought SEMB.W16 at 0.6 and is it advisable to hold on to this and for how long.. ?

Hi this is bit old announcement now and I guess that the market has already responded to this news.

See below thread for previous discussion on this.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3450-semb-stated-capital-reduced?highlight=semb

3Announcement of SEMB Empty Re: Announcement of SEMB Wed May 18, 2011 3:51 pm

stumpy

stumpy
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

StocksWatch:
I think market not yet responded to this because of the bull run with CSF!

Will see! I guess it will not make a move, unless some good reason (at least a paper article)

4Announcement of SEMB Empty Re: Announcement of SEMB Wed May 18, 2011 4:07 pm

banarahu

banarahu
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

cOrE wrote:Came across in one of the research reports that mentioned about SEMB of which I too own a considerable amount of shares..

"SMB Leasing (SEMB) announced that the company will be reducing its stated capital from Rs. 1,147Mn to Rs. 518.3 Mn(Subject to Approval) by writing off the brought forward losses of the company"

I need to know as to what would be the consequences of this announcement and what would happen to the price of the share once the stated capital had been reduced. I had bought SEMB.W16 at 0.6 and is it advisable to hold on to this and for how long.. ?

You can't hold this warrants for long term. Hold until December and then You should convert them in to shares by paying the extra money...

Go through this one also

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t3643-semb-w0016-plz-help

5Announcement of SEMB Empty Re: Announcement of SEMB Wed May 18, 2011 5:35 pm

StocksWatch


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

stumpy wrote:StocksWatch:
I think market not yet responded to this because of the bull run with CSF!

Will see! I guess it will not make a move, unless some good reason (at least a paper article)

Honestly I don't expect the market to respond to this. But you never know, this is CSE.

What value this is going to add to the company in the long run? Yes it may be a good strategic decision to write-off losses against the stated capital and this will enable the company to declare dividends in the future as the company started recording profits. Any other tangible benefit?

6Announcement of SEMB Empty Re: Announcement of SEMB Wed May 18, 2011 11:25 pm

stumpy

stumpy
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

StocksWatch wrote:
stumpy wrote:StocksWatch:
I think market not yet responded to this because of the bull run with CSF!

Will see! I guess it will not make a move, unless some good reason (at least a paper article)

Honestly I don't expect the market to respond to this. But you never know, this is CSE.

What value this is going to add to the company in the long run? Yes it may be a good strategic decision to write-off losses against the stated capital and this will enable the company to declare dividends in the future as the company started recording profits. Any other tangible benefit?

@StocksWatch : Totally agree with you!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum