FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Trading Jockey Today at 7:26 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by judecroos Today at 6:44 am

» Growing Fear
by Bakkabwoi Yesterday at 10:00 pm

» ALUMEX PLC (ALUM.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Yesterday at 8:24 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by SL-INVESTOR Yesterday at 7:40 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 6:54 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by invest thinker Yesterday at 6:25 pm

» The market is not out to “get” you but is just flowing along, and your position just happens to be carried along with it.
by dayandacool Yesterday at 4:49 pm

» විජේදාසගේ... voice cut ප්‍රතිඵල
by reyaz Yesterday at 4:15 pm

» What will happen tomorrow?
by reyaz Yesterday at 4:04 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by THASSIM Yesterday at 2:21 pm

» ???? අප්‍රේල් 16 ???? මේ දින 3 කෙටි සතියත් කොළපාටින් අවසන් වුනා
by Wickyz Tue Apr 20, 2021 12:54 pm

» LDEV LDEV LDEV
by Eranga87 Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:27 am

» No trader can flee from making a mistake. It’s just that you need to be careful about not repeating your mistakes.
by Mithooshan Tue Apr 20, 2021 7:42 am

» SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC (PARQ.N0000)
by Chithi Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:45 pm

» ROYAL CERAMICS PLC (RCL.N0000)
by Jana Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:14 pm

» US dollar trading lower, euro near new high
by target1 Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:38 pm

» LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC (LDEV.N0000)
by Thushara Ayya Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 am

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Eranga87 Sun Apr 18, 2021 4:12 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by abey Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:07 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » HPWR capital gain 531 million, Sold out subsidiarie company of Heladhanavi at 531 million

HPWR capital gain 531 million, Sold out subsidiarie company of Heladhanavi at 531 million

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

ChinM


Stock Trader
Please consider the following
1. The market sentiments are not strong enough for small investors to rally along with the new major investors
2. The consortium who has invested will definitely have plans to turnaround this company in medium to long term
3. HPWR demanded more investment for new sources of power which HHL could not afford thus the decision for divestment
4. The sale of Heladhanavi for Rs.531Mn would have generated a loss as the carrying value of investment of the project as at 30/09/14 was Rs.683Mn. Thus a possible capital gain to payout a dividend is not possible.
5. Even if they make a capital gain, the new investors would prefer to re-invest rather than paying out as dividends.
6. A better EPS for the current quarter is expected as there will be an adjustment for increase in avoided-cost-tariff related to previous quarter. (I do not understand what it is but as stated in their last quarterly report)

So I would advice not to expect any dividends soon and not to expect a higher mandatory offer. You can not expect ST trading profits on this tock. But considering the profiles of the new investors (NDB Cap & ACL), you can expect a turn around in MT.

AAABoy


Moderator
Moderator
@ChinM wrote:Please consider the following
1. The market sentiments are not strong enough for small investors to rally along with the new major investors
2. The consortium who has invested will definitely have plans to turnaround this company in medium to long term
3. HPWR demanded more investment for new sources of power which HHL could not afford thus the decision for divestment
4. The sale of Heladhanavi for Rs.531Mn would have generated a loss as the carrying value of investment of the project as at 30/09/14 was Rs.683Mn. Thus a possible capital gain to payout a dividend is not possible.
5. Even if they make a capital gain, the new investors would prefer to re-invest rather than paying out as dividends.
6. A better EPS for the current quarter is expected as there will be an adjustment for increase in avoided-cost-tariff related to previous quarter. (I do not understand what it is but as stated in their last quarterly report)

So I would advice not to expect any dividends soon and not to expect a higher mandatory offer. You can not expect ST trading profits on this tock. But considering the profiles of the new investors (NDB Cap & ACL), you can expect a turn around in MT.

Good Post. Thought of putting a reply after seen all comments by others. But when I saw your reply all I wanted to say was in your message. Thank You !!

Also I'm still wondering who is this Trydan Partners. Do you have any idea?

ChinM


Stock Trader
@AAABoy wrote:
@ChinM wrote:Please consider the following
1. The market sentiments are not strong enough for small investors to rally along with the new major investors
2. The consortium who has invested will definitely have plans to turnaround this company in medium to long term
3. HPWR demanded more investment for new sources of power which HHL could not afford thus the decision for divestment
4. The sale of Heladhanavi for Rs.531Mn would have generated a loss as the carrying value of investment of the project as at 30/09/14 was Rs.683Mn. Thus a possible capital gain to payout a dividend is not possible.
5. Even if they make a capital gain, the new investors would prefer to re-invest rather than paying out as dividends.
6. A better EPS for the current quarter is expected as there will be an adjustment for increase in avoided-cost-tariff related to previous quarter. (I do not understand what it is but as stated in their last quarterly report)

So I would advice not to expect any dividends soon and not to expect a higher mandatory offer. You can not expect ST trading profits on this tock. But considering the profiles of the new investors (NDB Cap & ACL), you can expect a turn around in MT.

Good Post. Thought of putting a reply after seen all comments by others. But when I saw your reply all I wanted to say was in your message. Thank You !!

Also I'm still wondering who is this Trydan Partners. Do you have any idea?

Thank you AAABoy for that note. I understand Tryden Partners are the management team of HPWR. This deal is partly a Management Buy Out

gayanfonseka


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
HPWR wede wenne neddooo
My Avg Cost 18.60
What will Happen this Share ??? Sad
Wait or Sell...
Plz give me da advice... Idea

stockback


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@gayanfonseka wrote:HPWR wede wenne neddooo
My Avg Cost 18.60
What will Happen this Share ???  Sad
Wait or Sell...
Plz give me da advice... Idea

531M not a gain.
there is 200M lost afer selling that company. I think this should be go down further.
I think its posible to collect 15-16 level also.

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
@stockback wrote:
@gayanfonseka wrote:HPWR wede wenne neddooo
My Avg Cost 18.60
What will Happen this Share ???  Sad
Wait or Sell...
Plz give me da advice... Idea

531M not a gain.
there is 200M lost afer selling that company. I think this should be go down further.
I think its posible to collect 15-16 level also.

Not go down, mandatory offer price will come more than 17.90

sach9993


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
don't sale HPWR.meka 18n pahalat ei kiyal man nam hithan na.up wei,tikak allagen innako,thama maha morek HPWR walat enter un na

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
my target correct

troy

troy
Moderator
Moderator
Gainer, manythings changed after this post. There are so many posts on HPWR which are more up to date...

Pls use one of those.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum