FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» CHRISSWORLD THE IPO
by jaya Today at 6:33 pm

» THE COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC (CFLB.N0000)
by Kipling Today at 5:25 pm

» Amendments to be incorporated into Colombo Port City Bill – GL
by samaritan Today at 4:07 pm

» FUTURE of BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC (BIL)
by ADVENTUS Today at 4:04 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by THASSIM Today at 2:34 pm

» hospital sector
by cheetah Today at 1:51 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING ( AEL.N )
by samaritan Today at 1:14 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Today at 12:36 pm

» BOGA heating .....
by Thushara Ayya Today at 11:12 am

» Haycarb’s bottom line likely to boost with Tesla’s electric vehicles push worldwide (HAYC)
by MarketWch Today at 6:27 am

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by SL-INVESTOR Yesterday at 9:11 pm

» CONTRADICTARY statements BY BUYER & SELLER RE: MGT & GREG
by GHERATH72 Yesterday at 9:02 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 4:27 pm

» NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC (NDB.N0000)
by shihan 93 Yesterday at 1:16 pm

» Sunshine holding future potential
by Zahara khan Yesterday at 12:43 pm

» Sri Lanka Bonds Go From Asia’s Worst to Best After China Loan
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 7:27 am

» The market changes fast; it is OK to get out when you feel it is right and take the profits that you can. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Sun May 16, 2021 10:04 pm

» Ban of chemical fertilizers is a great news
by dayandacool Sun May 16, 2021 9:50 pm

» Economic Uncertainty Drives Crypto Growth in Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Sun May 16, 2021 9:23 pm

» DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC (DIPD.N0000)
by ADVENTUS Sun May 16, 2021 4:37 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Please recommend a good Brokering Company

Please recommend a good Brokering Company

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

OzTRADER

OzTRADER
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Please recommend a few good brokers...a genuine request..please advice Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Please recommend a good Brokering Company Screen10

More Details:
http://www.capitaltrust.lk/index.php

RPPA


Expert
Expert
@OzTRADER wrote:Please recommend a few good brokers...a genuine request..please advice Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I am happy with LOLC sec. You can get 50% credit on your portfolio value as well.

OzTRADER

OzTRADER
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@RPPA wrote:
@OzTRADER wrote:Please recommend a few good brokers...a genuine request..please advice Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I am happy with LOLC sec. You can get 50% credit on your portfolio value as well.

thank you

OneYear


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@RPPA wrote:
@OzTRADER wrote:Please recommend a few good brokers...a genuine request..please advice Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I am happy with LOLC sec. You can get 50% credit on your portfolio value as well.

RPPA,

two things.

- are they giving credit irrespective of the portfolio size?
- what about online trading? will they provide it to every one?

Thanks

RPPA


Expert
Expert
@OneYear wrote:
@RPPA wrote:
@OzTRADER wrote:Please recommend a few good brokers...a genuine request..please advice Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I am happy with LOLC sec. You can get 50% credit on your portfolio value as well.

RPPA,

two things.

- are they giving credit irrespective of the portfolio size?
- what about online trading? will they provide it to every one?

Thanks

Yes 50% of the market value of the portfolio.A Portfolio which has value of 200k they will provide online trading.

OneYear


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@RPPA wrote:
@OneYear wrote:
@RPPA wrote:
@OzTRADER wrote:Please recommend a few good brokers...a genuine request..please advice Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

I am happy with LOLC sec. You can get 50% credit on your portfolio value as well.

RPPA,

two things.

- are they giving credit irrespective of the portfolio size?
- what about online trading? will they provide it to every one?

Thanks

Yes 50% of the market value of the portfolio.A Portfolio which has value of 200k they will provide online trading.

Thanks for the Infor cheers

Nuwan Samarawickrama


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@OzTRADER wrote:Please recommend a few good brokers...a genuine request..please advice Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad


Try JBS

fireshelter

fireshelter
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
TKS Also good They will give you 100% Buying Power and another 50% this must be settled by with in 5 days
i am getting this facility

tobyscott


Stock Trader
I am a overseas investor and I tried to get JKSB whom I dealt with when I was in Sri Lanka.

However Asha Philips was amazing and had me set-up in no time. They provide online facility as well for a 200k portfolio

NZ BOY

NZ BOY
Moderator
Moderator
TKS and ASIA both are good

man123


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I have account with ASHA , ASIA , NDBS

1.ASIA even if you invest 100/= they offer online trading but not 50% credit (depend on stock they give you good credit)

2. ASHA also same if you have account then they provide online trading and 50% credit but if the stock value go down then they will give you more pressure to sell immediately

3. NDBS . they don't provide online for everyone , and online not allowed to buy big Qty in one shot even if you have cash balance .( I keep this to buy investment shares ,...long term)

but don't think about too much credit... I lost lot in 2012 when the market goes down because of too much credit

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@man123 wrote:

1.ASIA even if you invest 100/= they offer online trading but not 50% credit (depend on stock they give you good credit)

2. ASHA also same if you have account then they provide online trading and 50% credit but if the stock value go down then they will give you more pressure to sell immediately


Absolutely Right @man123! about ASIA , ASHA

I do with ASIA  ASHA
I don't have any problem with them .
then main fact is if you keep good trading strategy then keep up their procedure, any time if you own them any money then if you pay on time as you promise within 5 days or within the credit period , your broker will trust you
then brokers allways help who is honest and trust , not much greedy
So most of the time interact with your adviser and broker firms even if you do online trading or long term investor
then they will know about you and help you

fff4sl

fff4sl
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Asha is good. They need 100k for online. Also good advisor.

Asia will give online without restrictions.

keeper

keeper
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
I think you live in colombo area.I recommend Asia securities is better. Bcz they provide a online trading.(without deposit conditions)If you deposit Rs 100.you can get a online facilities.
Other thing, Their credit rate is 30%. If your portfolio value is Rs 100000,your margin is 30000..

OneYear


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@keeper wrote:I think you live in colombo area.I recommend Asia securities is better. Bcz they provide a online trading.(without deposit conditions)If you deposit Rs 100.you can get a online facilities.
Other thing, Their credit rate is 30%. If your portfolio value is Rs 100000,your margin is 30000..

I am having the account with Asia. Though it shows buying power, they dont allow me to proceed with the purchases mentioning no buying power. Basically, it does not allow me to use buying power fully. Any idea?

jonny

jonny
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Jana wrote:
@man123 wrote:

1.ASIA even if you invest 100/= they offer online trading but not 50% credit (depend on stock they give you good credit)

2. ASHA also same if you have account then they provide online trading and 50% credit but if the stock value go down then they will give you more pressure to sell immediately


Absolutely Right @man123! about ASIA , ASHA

I do with ASIA  ASHA
I don't have any problem with them .
then main fact is if you keep good trading strategy then keep up their procedure, any time if you own them any money then if you pay on time as you promise within 5 days or within the credit period , your broker will trust you
then brokers allways help who is honest and trust , not much greedy
So most of the time interact with your adviser and broker firms even if you do online trading or long term investor
then they will know about you and help you


kindly advice me who provides the best trading platform...Please.!

keeper

keeper
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@OneYear wrote:
@keeper wrote:I think you live in colombo area.I recommend Asia securities is better. Bcz they provide a online trading.(without deposit conditions)If you deposit Rs 100.you can get a online facilities.
Other thing, Their credit rate is 30%. If your portfolio value is Rs 100000,your margin is 30000..

I am having the account with Asia. Though it shows buying power, they dont allow me to proceed with the purchases mentioning no buying power. Basically, it does not allow me to use buying power fully. Any idea?[/quote

My buying power can use fully.Did you try to buying Right issues through margin? They don't allow to buy right issue.

OneYear


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@keeper wrote:
@OneYear wrote:
@keeper wrote:I think you live in colombo area.I recommend Asia securities is better. Bcz they provide a online trading.(without deposit conditions)If you deposit Rs 100.you can get a online facilities.
Other thing, Their credit rate is 30%. If your portfolio value is Rs 100000,your margin is 30000..

I am having the account with Asia. Though it shows buying power, they dont allow me to proceed with the purchases mentioning no buying power. Basically, it does not allow me to use buying power fully. Any idea?[/quote

My buying power can use fully.Did you try to buying Right issues through margin? They don't allow to buy right issue.

Thanks. Then that might be the reason. How many days they will allow me to settle this credit? If I not settle on due date what will happen??

keeper

keeper
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Sorry i don't know about time period.Normally i'm using buying power (Account balance + Margin) more than 15 days & less than two month. Main disadvantage is ,We have to pay big interest amount for a margin.Per day 0.07%-0.08%.Per annum
25%

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum