FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Yesterday at 9:18 pm

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by samaritan Yesterday at 12:26 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Yesterday at 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:34 am

» Importance of Agroforestry for Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Nivard Cabraal sets record straight on decision to allow flexibility to the rupee
by God Father Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:15 pm

» Baseless accusations against the former Governor Nivard Cabraal
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:44 pm

» Heavy losses at CPC whilst LIOC records profit
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 pm

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:26 pm

» Turkish ship leaves Ukraine's Mariupol after grain talks with Moscow
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:29 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA

Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Sun Feb 06, 2011 6:39 pm

million


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Guys what do you think is the best stock to buy out of the above. Rubber reaching all time high so I really do think MAL has more capability to show some great results this time.

I also have noticed that Namu and ELPL has good foot into Oil palms.we have seen in the recent that all oil palm companies growing so can we look into these stocks.


Please share your comments

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

are you sure about ELPL have in oil palm.

in the financial reports they only show 48 million in oil palm revenue roughly 8.5% of their total revenue
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/707_1291024963136.%20-%20Sept.%202010.pdf

3Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Sun Feb 06, 2011 9:18 pm

million


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

hmm yes mono. correct me if i am wrong.oil prices have hit high prices in the recent specially in the last quarter.if so their revenue would have atleast reached 20-25% is my guess.

http://www.palmoilhq.com/palm-oil-prices/ - what do you think





mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

amjad wrote:hmm yes mono. correct me if i am wrong.oil prices have hit high prices in the recent specially in the last quarter.if so their revenue would have atleast reached 20-25% is my guess.

http://www.palmoilhq.com/palm-oil-prices/ - what do you think






My point is that their oil plantation might be small. so even if they make superb profits from thier oil plantations. relative to the size of the company the income will be little. if you compare this with something like NAMU, which has about 20% poil palm, u'll see that namu will benefit far more from the current demand for oil palm.

5Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Re: Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

mono wrote:
amjad wrote:hmm yes mono. correct me if i am wrong.oil prices have hit high prices in the recent specially in the last quarter.if so their revenue would have atleast reached 20-25% is my guess.

http://www.palmoilhq.com/palm-oil-prices/ - what do you think


My point is that their oil plantation might be small. so even if they make superb profits from thier oil plantations. relative to the size of the company the income will be little. if you compare this with something like NAMU, which has about 20% poil palm, u'll see that namu will benefit far more from the current demand for oil palm.

Mono please read the prospectus also not just quartely reports when you come to decisions about things like this. Just becasue you see a lot of revenue on NAMU from oil palm that does not mean it is the only one wit ha big oil palm crop afro . A wise inverter learn to look beyond the quarterly reports and check about there business model also.

PS:- I'm not sure you get he subtle hint so I'll just write anyway. AGAL & ELPL have a huge oil farm crops that have not kicked in yet!!

6Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Re: Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:17 pm

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Rajitha wrote:
mono wrote:
amjad wrote:hmm yes mono. correct me if i am wrong.oil prices have hit high prices in the recent specially in the last quarter.if so their revenue would have atleast reached 20-25% is my guess.

http://www.palmoilhq.com/palm-oil-prices/ - what do you think


My point is that their oil plantation might be small. so even if they make superb profits from thier oil plantations. relative to the size of the company the income will be little. if you compare this with something like NAMU, which has about 20% poil palm, u'll see that namu will benefit far more from the current demand for oil palm.

Mono please read the prospectus also not just quartely reports when you come to decisions about things like this. Just becasue you see a lot of revenue on NAMU from oil palm that does not mean it is the only one wit ha big oil palm crop afro . A wise inverter learn to look beyond the quarterly reports and check about there business model also.

PS:- I'm not sure you get he subtle hint so I'll just write anyway. AGAL & ELPL have a huge oil farm crops that have not kicked in yet!!

when are these going to kick in? Can i expect them in the next financial report?

7Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Re: Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:52 pm

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

in any case, ELPL is overvalued at 44. after the split their EPS for the last quarter is .66. and they have way too much exposure to rubber tea.

I don't know about this hidden oil palm production but if it's there then we might see more profits.



Last edited by mono on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:08 am; edited 1 time in total

8Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Re: Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:04 am

mission


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Agal has 1200Ha. of which 123ha was planted in 2009 and 77Ha in 2010. so normally according to my knowledge palm oil begins to produce after 3 to 4 year of planting. so effectively AGAL has 1000Ha which will bring them revenue for this financial year.

So will take NAMU, A direct extarct from its annual report 2009/2010

"The total cultivated extent of oil palm in Sri Lanka
is around 5,600 ha. of which your Company cultivated an extent of
1,284 ha"

The oil palm crop remains and continues the most remunerative crop
of your Company. Although it has contributed only 21% of the total
turnover of the Company, the contribution is 44% or Rs. 219.6 Mn
in terms of operational profits. The crop harvested during the year is
3% above that of last year. Despite the increase in worker wages by
40%, the cost of production was well contained to an increase of only
9% compared to last year. The purchase price received from AEN
Palm Oil Factory which is a joint venture project between Namunukula,
Agalawatte and Elpitiya Plantations, remains constant and attractive

As a step towards expanding oil palm cultivation, your Company
undertook the planting of 108 ha. during the year under review. A
further 500 ha. will be planted during the next 03 years increasing the
total extent under oil palm cultivation to over 1,600 hectares.



Last edited by mission on Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total

9Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Re: Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:14 am

mission


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Also Note that the Joint Venture is between Namunukula, Agalawatte and Elpitiya Plantations.

and in the annual report of ELPL they are talking about the same joint venture. i couldn't find the ha of elpl.

So I'm assuming that NAMU is the largest

10Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Re: Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:01 am

million


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi guys,

just had a look at KGAL which seems to have its highest rev from rubber. and rubber prices going up rapidly.further it has maintained a stable eps within 8 - 9. if we take an average of 8*4=32(annualized eps).current p/e =247/32=7.78.

what do you all think isn't it undervalued.further i hear that rubber prices are much higher now than last quarter which means their next quarter results will be even better.

11Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Re: Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:11 am

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

amjad wrote:Hi guys,

just had a look at KGAL which seems to have its highest rev from rubber. and rubber prices going up rapidly.further it has maintained a stable eps within 8 - 9. if we take an average of 8*4=32(annualized eps).current p/e =247/32=7.78.

what do you all think isn't it undervalued.further i hear that rubber prices are much higher now than last quarter which means their next quarter results will be even better.


yep it's one of the best plantation stocks

12Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Empty Re: Platation rally - ELPL vs MAL vs KOTA Mon Feb 07, 2011 2:23 pm

Rajitha

Rajitha
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

mono wrote:in any case, ELPL is overvalued at 44. after the split their EPS for the last quarter is .66. and they have way too much exposure to rubber tea.

I don't know about this hidden oil palm production but if it's there then we might see more profits.
Well mission already gave the AGAL figures and lets just say they have a lot more free land they cultivating now. So it might actually surpass NAMU in future with oil palm even. ELPL I'm also a bit skeptical. IT has a good amount of palm oil and a good future ahead but compared with the rest I do not know over rs50 is a gr8 value for it. Anyway I have it bought in 20s so no matter I'll hold long term.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum