FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by Gowri123 Yesterday at 11:46 pm

» KHL Massive forex gains close to 6 billions
by rajini Yesterday at 10:54 pm

» Tourism in Sri Lanka: One step forward, two steps back
by rajini Yesterday at 9:21 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 4:12 pm

» The war in Ukraine is no longer shocking the wheat market
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 12:53 pm

» Govt gets its priorities wrong
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:25 am

» Ambassador assures U.S. support to Sri Lanka to find solutions to economic issues
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:16 am

» IMF-Sri Lanka bailout talks end without a deal
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 9:16 am

» Sri Lanka Breaks Into Hyperinflation Zone Amid Dollar Crunch
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:11 am

» Sri Lanka needs to do more on debt restructuring before a bailout package is finalised, says IMF
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:06 am

» Global COVID cases rise as BA.4 and BA.5 expand
by samaritan Yesterday at 7:04 am

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by Gowri123 Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:38 pm

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Tue Jun 28, 2022 8:13 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Mystery Unresolved

Mystery Unresolved

+43
CSE.SAS
Jeremy
dinga
shehani.perera.1612
traderathome
Roboticfx
legalsupport
ananda95
The Alchemist
Hanoifortune
Fresher
sandunj
K.Haputantri
winston7157
Aubrey Perera
Jana1
yellow knife
rainmaker
D.G.Dayaratne
Wayne Abbott
sunimaldesilva
econ
m2_yapa
Leon
Chanuque
Market.Player
sadikeen
chami123
smallville
sriranga
Redbulls
Chinwi
Jiggysaurus
Kithsiri
seek
troy
yaka
Arena
Slstock
Hawk Eye
bullrun
player
Deepthi_Perera1971
47 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 12]

201Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Sat Oct 05, 2013 5:38 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

The Alchemist wrote:
Deepthi_Perera1971 wrote:
Wayne Abbott wrote:Deepthi you were hoping i would sign the sales agreement for the purchase of my shareholding to alleviate yourself from repercussions
The facts are at no time did i accept this offer the cheques are in a different name meloney the cheques are in rupees not usd
you at no time disclosed you were selling your shareholdings and only when you had finalized your supposed/imaginery sale over 3 years of payments with maloney/meloney which is rubbish knowing your track record maybe a fake sales agreement in place only but you sold out to get out and have other interests with so called associate roscoe maloney/meloney elsewere  i have records of emails right up to middle of this year disclosing yourself as the chairman of all companies you are responsible Roscoe Maloney has also got out of sri lanka bit hard to be paid from his bank now?
deepthi you state you sold out your shareholdings to maloney/meloney for 36 post dated cheque payments as you have openly written in this forum have you been paid anything from Meloney sampath bank barnbalapitiya account 0050009134 as to me this is all fabricated to justify your leaving sri lanka there was no buyout for you you received a different proposition and wanted me to accept to alleviate further repercussions as i would have never received 1 cent rupee usd
facts why would someone buy someone shareholding when company has zero?all stolen by yourself and cronies within your group with your company accountant truly responsible for company balance sheets with you directing the ship

Dear Sir,

What ever my past track record, all you have to do is sign the paper and send to the escrow lawyer. I have paid,200,000 Rs. On behalf of you. Share certificates will be with him. Once you deposit the cheques  upon realizing hi will lodge the Share Transfer papers. This is a very straight forward method. How can you say account is bogus with out depositing a single cheque. Thats not fair. And if Mr Maloney agreed to buy your share why would you worry about the Price. you Agreed to sell for 650,000 US$. There is no point of accusing me here mate.
After 8 pages of reading, the above exchange pretty much sums it up for me !

Wayne, how you could invest usd 500,000 in a minority position (18 %)  in a private company (Aspic) without suitably protecting yourself under the Memorandum & Articles of Association of Aspic, beats me. you could have protected yourself by including exit clauses by majority partner etc, akin to a poison pill, which would have it made it impossible for Deepthi to exit without your express consent / approval / payment.
perhaps you did not do so because of your past close friendship with Deepthi. if so, then it amounts to betrayal on the part of Deepthi. if not so, then it is contributory negligence on your part for not  protecting  yourself with a MOU, nothing a good lawyer could not have fixed at the time you entered Aspic as a minority shareholder.

Deepthi, You cannot expect Wayne to accept Post dated cheques from Roscoe Maloney without a bank guarantee, as consideration for sale of his Aspic shares, can you ?  Come on - be reasonable. we all know Maloney's credit worthiness and credibility. LOLC securities forced sold his Touchwood shares in their margin account !
Dear Alchemist,

This was not the best option, I know, but there were no other options, Wayne was pushing me for 3 years, ad Aspic it self went for a downturn since 2008, along with the financial crisis, Industrial Finance, CIFL Asset Management, Aspic Development, Aspic Reality all four companies with three major real estate projects went for a Zero consideration to match the Transaction of IFL to protect the Group. This was not only about wayne abbott and his 18% I had over 1500 employee to protect. All was my responsibility, No one realize that companies collapse and only reason is not the management, so many other factors involved in it. And wayne abbots 18% I have 70% my money also gone for a six, I am also yet to receive my money. We must understand investing in Aspic is not a fixed deposit, you have to bear a certain risk as well, I am the one who faced, Tsunami killed 150 of my workers, LTTE attack on my salvaged Ship, Financial Crisis, all this episodes, I would have done if i had a better option. This was all what i had, so i offered to him. And he said yes. Now he say no.

202Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Sun Oct 06, 2013 9:57 am

smallville

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

rainmaker wrote:If you run a finance company you need to run a tight ship

- control expenses
- invest only in financial assets

Result - don't put money into tangible assets like land, buildings, cars

....... you can do PhDs to state what I have given above
rain, in ur view financial institutes should not buy fixed like assets rite? is it cuz those can go up n down? land valuations can be vary, cars can be deteriorating in value, etc..

so u mean they should only invest in things that give them a higher return - to pay depositors FD rates and also get them a good profit.
So insurance, bonds are part of the methods? Are they?
And what others qualify for the criteria??

203Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Sun Oct 06, 2013 1:47 pm

rainmaker

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Sorry Small ... currently in the break of a Rihanna concert Very Happy 

Your on the right track though... compounding assets match compounding liabilities

204Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Sun Oct 06, 2013 2:30 pm

The Alchemist

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

rainmaker wrote:Sorry Small ... currently in the break of a Rihanna concert Very Happy 
Whats up in Auckland ?! Rock on at the Vector Arena :-)

205Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Please read this Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:44 pm

winston7157

Stock Trader

FROM THE SRI LANKA MIRROR

Did Kanrich buy Teak land from customer’s money?

Published on Monday, 29 July 2013 18:59

It is suspected that the previous owner of Kanrich Finance Limited, Deepthi Perera and a director of its current associating company Dhammika Siriwardana have bought a Teak land amounting to Rs 1 billion in Thailand.

The Teak land has been bought from Touchwood Private Limited company of Thailand, reports say.

It is suspected that money obtained from the customers of Kanrich Finance Limited under promissory notes has been used to buy the particular land.

In addition, it has been reported that the company has bought another Teak land in Buththala , Wellawaya area after spending over Rs 1 billion.

Due to the issue emerged regarding the history of Kanrich , the customers are heard to be paying more attention towards financial interactions done with the company.

The particular company has been recognized in many names.

It was recognized as Janashakthi Finance and was initially owned by Deepthi Perera (ASPIC Group). Later on Deepthi Perera changed its name into ‘Next Finance’ in 2009.

Dhammika Perera who was serving for Central Investment and Finance Limited (CIFL) during the particular period was appointed as the CEO of ‘Next Finance’.

In 2010 ‘Next Finance ‘, which was of ASPIC Group, was obtained by Mutual Holdings (Pvt).

The ‘ Next Finance’ after being owned by Mutual Holdings (Pvt) was changed into ‘Kanrich Finance Limited’.

මිව්ටල් හෝල්ඩිංග්ස් පුද්ගලික සමාගමේ (Mutual Holdings (Pvt)) ප්‍රධානම කොටස්කරුවන් ලෙස පොක්සියක් මගින් දීප්ති පෙරේරා විසින් ධම්මික සිරිවර්ධන හා සුරේන් ලියනගේය යන දෙදෙනා එවකට නම්කර තිබිනි.

( Suren Liyanage is the Director and the CEO of the Industrial Finance )

In 2012 Dhammika Siriwardana resigned from his post in Kanrich Finance Limited and currently he is not a member of the director board of the particular company.

Meanwhile, B.R.de Silva audit firm has quit conducting external audits of Kanrich.

When ‘ Sri Lanka Mirror’ inquired the B.R.de Silva audit firm regarding the situation it was confirmed that the firm has quit conducting audits.

‘ Sri Lanka Mirror’ also questioned Dhammika Siriwadana and he stated that he has no involvement in buying a Teak land in Thailand.

He further stated that he is unaware if Deepthi Perera is involved in such an activity, however he confirmed purchasing a Teak land in Buththala, Wellawaya.

206Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Sun Oct 06, 2013 8:56 pm

Fresher

winston7157 wrote:FROM THE SRI LANKA MIRROR

Did Kanrich buy Teak land from customer’s money?

Published on Monday, 29 July 2013 18:59

It is suspected that the previous owner of Kanrich Finance Limited, Deepthi Perera and a director of its current associating company Dhammika Siriwardana have bought a Teak land amounting to Rs 1 billion in Thailand.

The Teak land has been bought from Touchwood Private Limited company of Thailand, reports say.

It is suspected that money obtained from the customers of Kanrich Finance Limited under promissory notes has been used to buy the particular land.

In addition, it has been reported that the company has bought another Teak land in Buththala , Wellawaya area after spending over Rs 1 billion.

Due to the issue emerged regarding the history of Kanrich , the customers are heard to be paying more attention towards financial interactions done with the company.

The particular company has been recognized in many names.

It was recognized as Janashakthi Finance and was initially owned by Deepthi Perera (ASPIC Group). Later on Deepthi Perera changed its name into ‘Next Finance’ in 2009.

Dhammika Perera who was serving for Central Investment and Finance Limited (CIFL) during the particular period was appointed as the CEO of ‘Next Finance’.

In 2010  ‘Next Finance ‘, which was of ASPIC Group, was obtained by Mutual Holdings (Pvt).

The ‘ Next Finance’ after being owned by Mutual Holdings (Pvt) was changed into ‘Kanrich Finance Limited’.

මිව්ටල් හෝල්ඩිංග්ස් පුද්ගලික සමාගමේ (Mutual Holdings (Pvt)) ප්‍රධානම කොටස්කරුවන් ලෙස පොක්සියක් මගින් දීප්ති පෙරේරා විසින් ධම්මික සිරිවර්ධන හා සුරේන් ලියනගේය යන දෙදෙනා එවකට නම්කර තිබිනි.

( Suren Liyanage is the Director and the CEO of the Industrial Finance )

In 2012 Dhammika Siriwardana resigned from his post in Kanrich Finance Limited and currently he is not a member of the director board of the particular company.

Meanwhile, B.R.de Silva audit firm has quit conducting external audits of Kanrich.

When ‘ Sri Lanka Mirror’ inquired the B.R.de Silva audit firm regarding the situation it was confirmed that the firm has quit conducting audits.

‘ Sri Lanka Mirror’ also questioned Dhammika Siriwadana and he stated that he has no involvement in buying a Teak land in Thailand.

He further stated that he is unaware if Deepthi Perera is involved in such an activity, however he confirmed purchasing a Teak land in Buththala, Wellawaya.
your point being?

Also wonder how Dhammika Perera came into the scene

207Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Oct 07, 2013 8:55 am

smallville

smallville

Winston, when there is a source, pls publish it.. These are forum rules..

This is the original news;
http://www.srilankamirror.lk/news/9324-did-kanrich-buy-teak-land-from-customer-s-money

In there also D Perera name could be seen. May be a mistake.

There have been a post earlier on Kanrich giving higher interest rates than what was approved by CB.
The usual Central Bank accepted interest rate for a fixed deposit is 14.45%.
However, it is said that these two companies are granting 15%-18% interest rates violating the CB regulations.
Eventhoguh they gave high interest rates to FDs, their FD certificates carry a lower legally valid number of 14.45%. The rest, customers said, were
given up front to be compy with CB rules.

On the other hand, how come CB not notice this through advertising of both companies?
It seems like CB has gone 'mum' over wrong doings and let the companies fall.

Now that CIFL is already down, will Kanrich follow the same?

http://www.srilankamirror.lk/biz/7874-ci-fl-and-kanrich-following-sakvithi-steps
http://www.srilankamirror.lk/biz/7945-kanrich-advertising-torments-customers

Deepthi, Kanrich also being ur baby, can u enlighten us of the facts?

208Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:03 am

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Small,

Kanrich was sold almost 3 Years ago. Its not mine or I have no interest in anyways.

209Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Oct 07, 2013 9:27 am

Chinwi

Chinwi

npp wrote:Also wonder how Dhammika Perera came into the scene
Not our famous KDDP .

210Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:00 pm

smallville

smallville

Deepthi_Perera1971 wrote:Small,

Kanrich was sold almost 3 Years ago. Its not mine or I have no interest in anyways.
Ok.. what about the following accusation?

"It is suspected that the previous owner of Kanrich Finance Limited, Deepthi Perera and a director of its current associating company Dhammika Siriwardana have bought a Teak land amounting to Rs 1 billion in Thailand.

The Teak land has been bought from Touchwood Private Limited company of Thailand, reports say."

211Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:08 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

smallville wrote:

"It is suspected that the previous owner of Kanrich Finance Limited, Deepthi Perera and a director of its current associating company Dhammika Siriwardana have bought a Teak land amounting to Rs 1 billion in Thailand.

The Teak land has been bought from Touchwood Private Limited company of Thailand, reports say."

A Complete LIE....

212Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:41 am

smallville

smallville

smallville wrote:

A Complete LIE....
Of course those are "suspected" activities and we anyways cannot expect you to disclose your own business here..
But what they may be trying to emphasize here is that a sizable amount of money being wasted by directors for their own benefit.

So if you've sold all your babies like this what have u got here? It seems like u lost CIFL due to margin then sold Kanrich.. So at least the latter might've given u some money to live in peace if you lost from the former.

213Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:27 am

Jana1

smallville wrote:
smallville wrote:

A Complete LIE....
Of course those are "suspected" activities and we anyways cannot expect you to disclose your own business here..
But what they may be trying to emphasize here is that a sizable amount of money being wasted by directors for their own benefit.

So if you've sold all your babies like this what have u got here? It seems like u lost CIFL due to margin then sold Kanrich.. So at least the latter might've given u some money to live in peace if you lost from the former.
@ Small,
Do you think Deepthi perera is a joker? He was a prominent business man who had courage and enthusiasm, and to sum extend as Sri Lankan we could proud about him as a international player....These were once upon a time...

This kind of business prominent guy said that he bough CIFL even at 6-7 during Aug/2012 and sold entire stock just within three months saying company couldn't make any success. How his business environment had changed dramatically in 3 months and his decision had changed entirely. Deepthi's reply looks like a joker who danced in CIFL. CIFL made NPAT more than 3 mn and its lost per qtr became 180 mn once Deepthi shed his controlling stake, saying margin call. Does it mean the profit 3mn becz of Deepthi who wasn't even in the board? Or once Deepthi left the controlling stake does directors try to show the real situation of the company where it make loss of 180 mn as it happened to Hayleys Mgt once upon a time.

The below view could be emphasised on the drama, it could be a well planned mission. He pushed the price up, either he made profit through other accounts or didn't make any. Changed everything into margin. Put all the blame on margin and get rid of CIFL and claim he didn't sell anything.

214Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Tue Oct 08, 2013 9:42 am

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Jana1 wrote:
smallville wrote:
smallville wrote:

A Complete LIE....

@ Small,
Do you think Deepthi perera is a joker? He was a prominent business man who had courage and enthusiasm, and to sum extend as Sri Lankan we could proud about him as a international player....These were once upon a time...

This kind of business prominent guy said that he bough CIFL even at 6-7 during Aug/2012 and sold entire stock just within three months saying company couldn't make any success. How his business environment had changed dramatically in 3 months and his decision had changed entirely. Deepthi's reply looks like a joker who danced in  CIFL. CIFL made NPAT more than 3 mn and its lost per qtr became 180 mn once Deepthi shed his controlling stake, saying margin call. Does it mean the profit 3mn becz of Deepthi who wasn't even in the board? Or once Deepthi left the controlling stake does directors try to show the real situation of the company where it make loss of 180 mn as it happened to Hayleys Mgt once upon a time.

The below view could be emphasised on the drama,  it could be a well planned mission. He pushed the price up, either he made profit through other accounts or didn't make any. Changed everything into margin. Put all the blame on margin and get rid of CIFL and claim he didn't sell anything.

Hi Jana,

In this case you are wrong. I am strongly staying in my position. I went to the IPO to raise capital to CIFL not to divest my shares. And anyone who handle my accounts that i never have any other accounts. or I never try to Trade in CIFL Shares. And if you notice CIFL Shares were sold after January 2013. That is after I sold Aspic Corporation to Mr. Maloney. My stake was sold because of the margin Call. I couldn't stop that, Loss become more because CBSL instructed the Board to take off the Interest Income from real estate just like that. That was the reason for the Loss. And you can understand when the Regulator publish and appoint a managing agent the business environment will automatically changed. I strongly say that I never tried to make money on CIFL by pushing up or down.

215Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:22 am

Jana1

Jana1 wrote:
smallville wrote:
smallville wrote:

A Complete LIE....

@ Small,

This kind of business prominent guy said that he bough CIFL even at 6-7 during Aug/2012 and sold entire stock just within three months saying company couldn't make any success. How his business environment had changed dramatically in 3 months and his decision had changed entirely. Deepthi's reply looks like a joker who danced in  CIFL. CIFL made NPAT more than 3 mn and its lost per qtr became 180 mn once Deepthi shed his controlling stake, saying margin call. Does it mean the profit 3mn becz of Deepthi who wasn't even in the board? Or once Deepthi left the controlling stake does directors try to show the real situation of the company where it make loss of 180 mn as it happened to Hayleys Mgt once upon a time.

The below view could be emphasised on the drama,  it could be a well planned mission. He pushed the price up, either he made profit through other accounts or didn't make any. Changed everything into margin. Put all the blame on margin and get rid of CIFL and claim he didn't sell anything.
Hi Jana,

In this case you are wrong. I am strongly staying in my position. I went to the IPO to raise capital to CIFL not to divest my shares. And anyone who handle my accounts that i never have any other accounts. or I never try to Trade in CIFL Shares. And if you notice CIFL Shares were sold after January 2013. That is after I sold Aspic Corporation to Mr. Maloney. My stake was sold because of the margin Call. I couldn't stop that, Loss become more because CBSL instructed the Board to take off the Interest Income from real estate just like that. That was the reason for the Loss. And you can understand when the Regulator publish and appoint a managing agent the business environment will automatically changed. I strongly say that I never tried to make money on CIFL by pushing up or down.  
Yes, I understood about change of business environment upon regulators presence. Could you please elaborate how that interest income cannot be materialised in FS if that is generated from real estate? If the assets owned by CIFL then interest income should accounted. If not accounted in the statement, could y please teel where are those interest income? It should be debited sumwhere?

216Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:48 am

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Jana1 wrote:
Jana1 wrote:
smallville wrote:
smallville wrote:

A Complete LIE....

@ Small,

Hi Jana,

Yes, I understood about change of business environment upon regulators presence.  Could you please elaborate how that interest income cannot be materialised in FS if that is generated from real estate? If the assets owned by CIFL then interest income should accounted. If not accounted in the statement, could y please teel where are those interest income? It should be debited sumwhere?
They were Charging the Cost of funds allocated to the real estate projects on the basis that once the protect is completed the interest to be recovered first, and this amount is substantial because the real estate portfolio was high and in the past CIFL was recovering gradually these interest costs. But right after CBSL they stop the interest charges. where the loss came in to the P&L.

217Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty CIFL so called "Interest Income" Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:01 pm

ananda95

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Deepthi, did CIFL FM/ Finance Director or Auditors agree on the accounting treatment followed for interest income recognition mentioned by you. I do not know whether accounting standards/ principles would allow you to recognise interest income in such manner.

218Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:27 pm

legalsupport

Stock Trader

Deepthi ????? are you actually Deepthi perera or Chulaka Gunawardena who lived in Dubai and went to jail for two years. You are the same person who ran few other clubs including tamarind. Actual Deepthi perera was known to us as he passed away from tsunami in 2004. So you decided to pay and take the identification of the dead person and re appear in sri lanka. later on you changed your date of birth and obtained your 2nd passport on the same name and under a different date of birth.
Fortunately for you, when you got caught you were caught for the second offence.
Was it ethical? to spend 100 million rupees of dipositors money on a pet project . ( USD 1 million) called Zetters night club. Just to run it for about 8 months and give it away including the white color piano you imported.
Wasn’t this all Depositors money.
What about all the money you spent on 4x4 racing and track racing.I am sure, within 5 – 6 years of your racing career you would have spent over at least 50-60 million SL rupees.
With all of this r u still trying to say that you ran a legitimate business and being fair by the people who trusted CIFL and deposited their hard earned life time savings.
You mislead stock market shareholders by overvaluing your company and taking profit
Hope those beautiful minds of kidz you screwed up will not turn against you one day.

219Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:40 pm

smallville

smallville

Deepthi perera was passed away from tsunami in 2004???

Give me a break... Now this is going to be a Hindi film..

Can anyone join in the production pls?

cuz we need some cash to start in.. All money has been wasted by Deepthi so new cash to be brought in..
Ah.. wat, Maloneys??? no no.. Maloney's have main roles to play.. Beside, they deal with cheques and u guys kno we cannot guarantee their cheques...

I already got few directors by the names of Wayne, legalsupport. Who would be the best one?

220Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:38 am

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

OMG! What is this hell???

@legalsupport

Please provide any evidence if you have.

221Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:51 am

seek

Mata nikan pissu wage...

222Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:54 am

Kithsiri

Kithsiri

So my gut feeling was right that this guy was a D company clout only.Very Happy 

223Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:06 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

legalsupport wrote:Deepthi ?????   are you actually Deepthi perera  or Chulaka Gunawardena who lived in Dubai and went to jail for two years. You are the same person who ran few other clubs including tamarind. Actual Deepthi perera was known to us as he passed away from tsunami in 2004. So you decided to pay and take the identification of the dead person and  re appear in sri lanka.  later on you changed your date of birth and obtained your 2nd passport on the same name and under a different date of birth.
Fortunately for you, when you got caught you were caught for the second offence.
Was it ethical? to spend  100 million rupees of dipositors money  on a pet project . ( USD 1 million) called Zetters night club.  Just to run it for about 8 months and give it away including the white color piano you imported.
Wasn’t this all Depositors  money.
What about all the money you spent on 4x4 racing and track racing.I am sure, within 5 – 6 years of your racing career you would have spent over at least 50-60 million SL rupees.
With all of this r u still trying to say that you ran a legitimate business and being fair by the people who trusted CIFL  and deposited their  hard earned life time savings.
You mislead stock market shareholders by overvaluing your company and taking profit
Hope those beautiful minds of kidz you screwed up will not turn against you one day.

Hello Mr. legal Support, Your first comment also was about me ha? So why so late you read this article and put together a story ? why so late? Do you know how much to run a night club in Dubai? St Peters burg? Nottingham? Lancashire? No you have no idea? If you have any idea why the hell i need depositors to run night clubs? and 50-60 million of Racing? you must be joking? you thought I ran a car made our of gold? you know what? I own a larger share of a finance company, and it was publicly listed? that was not done by me, this king of shit don't take you anywhere mate. So keep your lungi, low otherwise people will see your Bat. Oh, chulaka Gunawardana, He died? in your dreams...who told you that crap? oh i forgot, that imported white piano, that was purchased from Negambo, and i painted by myself, Who ever told you that import story pls tell him that I import from UK. (Uswetakeyyawa) You know what.cut the crap and talk senses, this is a responsible forum, not a trash.

224Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:09 pm

Aubrey Perera

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

How much was spent on Zetters ? and was that you personal money ? I remember Zetters opening with a bang and you had stated that it was going to be an exclusive club etc etc, you also unsuccessfully got many people to run if i remember with no luck. Why did you close it down after such a short notice and what happened to the sale of proceeds ?

Also Lumbini project did you cheat anyone in that business transaction ? rumours are there that you did. Deepthi there is no smoke without fire and as much as i salute you for exposing your self like this (if you are actually Deepthi that is )I think you haven't been honest in all your biz dealings. Did you pay Santhush's brother a high salary to manage zetters for you and waste more money? what experience did he have in running an entertainment project of this sort?

225Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:17 pm

traderathome

traderathome

seek wrote:Mata nikan pissu wage...
api hamotama pissu wage Shocked 

226Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Aubrey Perera wrote:How much was spent on Zetters ? and was that you personal money ? I remember Zetters opening with a bang and you had stated that it was going to be an exclusive club etc etc, you also unsuccessfully got many people to run if i remember with no luck. Why did you close it down after such a short notice and what happened to the sale of proceeds ?

Also Lumbini project did you cheat anyone in that business transaction ? rumours are there that you did. Deepthi there is no smoke without fire and as much as i salute you for exposing your self like this (if you are actually Deepthi that is )I think you haven't been honest in all your biz dealings. Did you pay Santhush's brother a high salary to manage zetters for you and waste more money? what experience did he have in running an entertainment project of this sort?  
Hi There,

Let me explain again, Zetter was an investment by Aspic. There was nothing wrong with it. But when I sold Industrial Finance It was a part of the Deal that I have to give the Zetters to the New IFL owners to match the assets and Liabilities. So it was transfer to them. And they closed it down. So there was no such thing called Sales proceeds. At Lumbini there were Liabilities more than 180 Million. Previous Owners ask me to take over the Liabilities and the company. So i did. But when I turn the company around many involvements started. You know people are not babies for me to just give companies right, and then say Deepthi Perera Cheated. At last, Actually I am Deepthi Perera, Tell me one person to come here and say I cheated? other than wayne Abbott. NO i always valued fair deals, And at last, Santhush Brother was a friend of Mine. And He only helped me to set up the place. I cant disclose but its a very very nominal figure.

227Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:44 pm

Jana1

smallville wrote:Deepthi perera was passed away from tsunami in 2004???

Give me a break... Now this is going to be a Hindi film..

Can anyone join in the production pls?

cuz we need some cash to start in.. All money has been wasted by Deepthi so new cash to be brought in..
Ah.. wat, Maloneys??? no no.. Maloney's have main roles to play.. Beside, they deal with cheques and u guys kno we cannot guarantee their cheques...

I already got few directors by the names of Wayne, legalsupport. Who would be the best one?
Small,
Give Chinwi a good position. Flow of storyline that he published was great!!

228Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:10 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Jana1 wrote:
Jana1 wrote:
smallville wrote:
smallville wrote:

A Complete LIE....

@ Small,

Hi Jana,

Yes, I understood about change of business environment upon regulators presence.  Could you please elaborate how that interest income cannot be materialised in FS if that is generated from real estate? If the assets owned by CIFL then interest income should accounted. If not accounted in the statement, could y please teel where are those interest income? It should be debited sumwhere?
They were Charging the Cost of funds allocated to the real estate projects on the  basis that once the protect is completed the interest to be recovered first, and this amount is substantial because the real estate portfolio was high and in the past CIFL was recovering gradually these interest costs. But right after CBSL they stop the interest charges. where the loss came in to the P&L.
Deepthi I have three questions as these are grey areas still not explained by you.

1. Why you have not resorted to legal action against the regulator if you really think charging cost of funds is ok according to your argument?
2. Since these are accrued interest and not real money received you can only show profits in books of accounts but how were you planning to meet obligations to the depositers with this type of book profits if regulator allowed you to continue?
2. Have you borrowed any money from Abbott or misused his money entrusted to you for investment leading him to threaten like this?

229Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:53 pm

Deepthi_Perera1971

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

K.Haputantri wrote:
Jana1 wrote:
Jana1 wrote:
smallville wrote:
smallville wrote:

A Complete LIE....

@ Small,

Hi Jana,

They were Charging the Cost of funds allocated to the real estate projects on the  basis that once the protect is completed the interest to be recovered first, and this amount is substantial because the real estate portfolio was high and in the past CIFL was recovering gradually these interest costs. But right after CBSL they stop the interest charges. where the loss came in to the P&L.
Deepthi I have three questions as these are grey areas still not explained by you.

1. Why you have not resorted to legal action against the regulator if you really think charging cost of funds is ok according to your argument?
2. Since these are accrued interest and not real money received you can only show profits in books of accounts but how were you planning to meet obligations to the depositers with this type of book profits if regulator allowed you to continue?
2. Have you borrowed any money from Abbott or misused his money entrusted to you for investment leading him to threaten like this?

1. The Idea was to develop and sell the real estate projects and first recover the accrued interest to CIFL. Thats the reason they allowed us to do it for 3 years. We had no way of coming out of the situation until we charge the interest to the project and once the lending interest in come supersede the real estate in come we planned to stop the accrual. I Knew how the system works in Sri Lanka and no way i can win a battle with them. And that too directors has to decide not me,

2. This accrued interest was purely to keep the P&L Intact we never issued any dividend based on this. and paying the depositors was the ultimate goal, we planned to lend the real estate sales proceeds to Micro finance Hp and Leasing, we would have paid every one smoothly, and up and until CBSL interference CIFL paid all the payments to depositors. By November 2012 CIFL was lending more than 50 Million a Month in Micro Finance.

3. Absolutely NO. I haven't borrowed anything, or misused. He is a shareholder of Aspic Same as Me. And he was a Director of Aspic until 2007 where he had some issues of him and he resigned. He keep threatening because this is an open forum and people can just say anything.

230Mystery Unresolved - Page 9 Empty Re: Mystery Unresolved Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:07 pm

K.Haputantri

K.Haputantri
Co-Admin

Thanks Deepthi for your response. Abbotte has not responded to my inquiry on the third question I put to you as well. I take his silence as agreement to your explanations on that.

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 12]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum