FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by vijay singh Today at 6:54 pm

» First capital holdings CFVF.N0000
by engineer Today at 5:00 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by ADVENTUS Today at 4:27 pm

» KGAL - THE SLEEPING GIANT
by Big Bull Today at 2:28 pm

» NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC (NDB.N0000)
by shihan 93 Today at 1:16 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING ( AEL.N )
by Thushara Ayya Today at 1:07 pm

» Sunshine holding future potential
by Zahara khan Today at 12:43 pm

» FUTURE of BROWNS INVESTMENT PLC (BIL)
by Real_Investor Today at 12:28 pm

» CONTRADICTARY statements BY BUYER & SELLER RE: MGT & GREG
by samaritan Today at 12:24 pm

» hospital sector
by David VKMS Today at 10:26 am

» Sri Lanka Bonds Go From Asia’s Worst to Best After China Loan
by CHRONICLE™ Today at 7:27 am

» The market changes fast; it is OK to get out when you feel it is right and take the profits that you can. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 10:04 pm

» Ban of chemical fertilizers is a great news
by dayandacool Yesterday at 9:50 pm

» Economic Uncertainty Drives Crypto Growth in Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 9:23 pm

» DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC (DIPD.N0000)
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 4:37 pm

» CSE listed companies...Failed or collapsed
by High-flyer Sat May 15, 2021 9:14 pm

» L B FINANCE PLC (LFIN.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Sat May 15, 2021 5:17 pm

» කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020
by කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020 Sat May 15, 2021 11:52 am

» 14 May onwards -Road Clear to Enter one of the Asias Most Undervalued Stock Market
by kalu351 Sat May 15, 2021 6:34 am

» Plantation Sector
by කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020 Fri May 14, 2021 10:13 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Possible Momentum stocks in the market

Possible Momentum stocks in the market

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Possible Momentum stocks in the market  Empty Possible Momentum stocks in the market Thu May 28, 2015 2:14 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
In bull markets all types of stocks will go up such as value stocks, growth stocks and momentum stocks.
 
Now some great value stocks have started their bull journey due to above average results and strong positive outlook. I believe similarly some strong momentum stocks also could have some strong rally in the remaining stages of this bull market. Some of the possible momentum stocks are:
 
PMB
MBSL
SHL
MPRH
BOPL
ELPL
 

Once they started to produce good earnings in a strong turnaround in their industry their stock prices can go up further. Did you identify momentum stocks which can have strong rally due to turn around situation, industry improvement and growth in the future?

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert
Most companies published their finanancial results for their last quarter, most of are above average now. Especialy main two blue chip companies in sri lanka, JKH and Hayleys already given their amazing earnings in last week. Both companies are now trading below 10x PER and we can expect further price appreciations in comming months. At decent valuation I would like to see JkH above 230 and Hayleys above 500.

In addition to Food sector BFL, TAFL and GRAIN have proved their expected massive growth for next financial year. I strongly belive all three counters will give at least 50% return to share holders.

Also we can see financial sector massive earnings from COCR, VFIN, LB Finance. All are now ready to upgrade their next stage. Expect amazing from cocr.

Tile sector LWL, Lanka tiles posted amazing earnings and now trading at low PER.

Aluminium related Aluf, Alum & PARQ under massive turning period and expect mega bull rallies from PARQ and ALUF in very soon.

Banking sector SAMP published growth earnings and currently it is under investors watch eye. Expect further good results from Comb and hnb.

Manufacturing sector DIPD is under growth period and expect to break above 200 barrier.

So, I like to see investors attraction for fundamentally worth shares in comming months.

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert
I remember One & Half year back, I bought 800 COMB shares @ Rs.104/- & still in my PF. Now I have 62% return from that.

jayathu


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
CDB will have good momentum after today report, dipped products will also do well in there nxt report. Expect run from LFIN N AAIC after sub divison dates ar announced. Sampath will slowly reach 300 levels when nxt report is due.
have a close eye on renuka group, those shares ar really undervalued n report is due soon.

piras

piras
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
CDB
CFIN
LFIN
COMB
SAMP

jayathu


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Piras I don't think CFIN N COMB will appreciate like other three in your list.

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@VALUEPICK wrote:
In bull markets all types of stocks will go up such as value stocks, growth stocks and momentum stocks.
 
Now some great value stocks have started their bull journey due to above average results and strong positive outlook. I believe similarly some strong momentum stocks also could have some strong rally in the remaining stages of this bull market. Some of the possible momentum stocks are:
 
PMB
MBSL
SHL
MPRH
BOPL
ELPL
 

Once they started to produce good earnings in a strong turnaround in their industry their stock prices can go up further. Did you identify momentum stocks which can have strong rally due to turn around situation, industry improvement and growth in the future?

VP, I agree with you to a very great extent. Normal Stocks cannot give you super profits in a bull market. It has be picked with a open and sharp mind. You got a sharp mind!!! Smile

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
My portfolio already got SHL, PMB and SIRA. So I have got 2 out of the top list. With my target to make 70% in 7 months. I have already got 10% profit in may portfolio. I increased my shareholdings in PMB. Smile

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
@Sstar wrote:
@VALUEPICK wrote:
In bull markets all types of stocks will go up such as value stocks, growth stocks and momentum stocks.
 
Now some great value stocks have started their bull journey due to above average results and strong positive outlook. I believe similarly some strong momentum stocks also could have some strong rally in the remaining stages of this bull market. Some of the possible momentum stocks are:
 
PMB
MBSL
SHL
MPRH
BOPL
ELPL
 

Once they started to produce good earnings in a strong turnaround in their industry their stock prices can go up further. Did you identify momentum stocks which can have strong rally due to turn around situation, industry improvement and growth in the future?

VP, I agree with you to a very great extent. Normal Stocks cannot give you super profits in a bull market. It has be picked with a open and sharp mind. You got a sharp mind!!! Smile
Happy to see you after long time. I think you have a sharp mind in selecting some stocks. Eg: REXP, AEL(at that time) before others, TPL etc. You should have kept both TPL and REXP without selling. After seeing some results I have found few stocks which  can have run faster than REXP due to positive out look and above average growth. I am studying on them further now before take more decisions.

Good luck!

Recicash

Recicash
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@jayathu wrote:Piras I don't think CFIN N COMB will appreciate like other three in your list.
Sampath Bank good

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
Thank you everybody for your valuable comments.

Then there are discrepancies in the market. EPS wise both WATA and BOPL very similar. WATA trading around Rs.20 and BOPL is trading around 12. Therefore BOPL is more attractive. SUN is fairly valued. On the other hand MPRH has great value. It has one of the lowest P/E ratios in the plantation sector and one of the highest Net assets per share. Globally both rubber and palm oil prices are very depressed. They can go down further.  On the other hand Sri-Lanka high grown quality tea will have great demand in the future.
 
MPRH has great value if we compare with WATA, BOPL and SUN. It has more value than KOTA as well. However number one is TPL.

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
@EPS wrote:Most companies published their finanancial results for their last quarter, most of are above average now. Especialy main two blue chip companies in sri lanka, JKH and Hayleys already given their amazing earnings in last week. Both companies are now trading below 10x PER and we can expect further price appreciations in comming months. At decent valuation I would like to see JkH above 230 and Hayleys above 500.

In addition to Food sector BFL, TAFL and GRAIN have proved their expected massive growth for next financial year. I strongly belive all three counters will give at least 50% return to share holders.

Also we can see financial sector massive earnings from COCR, VFIN, LB Finance. All are now ready to upgrade their next stage. Expect amazing from cocr.

Tile sector LWL, Lanka tiles posted amazing earnings and now trading at low PER.

Aluminium related Aluf, Alum & PARQ under massive turning period and expect mega bull rallies from PARQ and ALUF in very soon.

Banking sector SAMP published growth earnings and currently it is under investors watch eye. Expect further good results from Comb and hnb.

Manufacturing sector DIPD is under growth period and expect to break above 200 barrier.

So, I like to see investors attraction for fundamentally worth shares in comming months.
It is wise to have estimation on stocks that we are going to hold.  Stock prices are not that important. The most important thing is future earnings. We can clearly see some companies have ability to identify opportunities and have development targets in their mind. So they will reward investors handsomely in the future. Currently we are seeing prices drop in few extended stocks in the market. Market will become more attractive now. This market should re rate now. Bullish stocks will jump to the next level and will build bases gradually and will go up further until end of the current major bull market. It is better to stay with simple business that we know very well.
 
Good luck!

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
@EPS wrote:I remember One & Half year back, I bought 800 COMB shares @ Rs.104/- & still in my PF. Now I have 62% return from that.
What is your opinion about reducing part of our portfolio in some stocks and then add more to our promising stocks? I am planning to do this. Is it wise to do?

EPS

EPS
Expert
Expert
VP,
I think, In early stages, if you identified the valued future winning stocks, then it reach your targets, if you think company is now under peak & stable stage then definitely you should sell. (Like Otara did for ODEL at peak). 

But, if you see the continuous growth + above average returns (high dividend payout), if you having further holding capacity, no issue to hold for long term or as life time, stocks like NEST, CTC.  

Also, I think if you see any future promising stock with above average return, then it’s wise to sell some non-moving part and upgrade your PF with promising stocks. 

Most of times my strategy is, if I see some promising future stocks, then I am going with that by reducing all others. Most of times this strategy gave me an above average return. 

I remember in 2011, I did ever biggest mistake by taking bad decision. I had TAFL massive qty at Av.56/- and BFL another big qty at Av.123/. at the peak both went up 240/- & 520/- respectively. But unfortunately both sold in half a range with in hand money loss of 24.3 Mn.

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
@EPS wrote:VP,
I think, In early stages, if you identified the valued future winning stocks, then it reach your targets, if you think company is now under peak & stable stage then definitely you should sell. (Like Otara did for ODEL at peak). 

But, if you see the continuous growth + above average returns (high dividend payout), if you having further holding capacity, no issue to hold for long term or as life time, stocks like NEST, CTC.  

Also, I think if you see any future promising stock with above average return, then it’s wise to sell some non-moving part and upgrade your PF with promising stocks. 

Most of times my strategy is, if I see some promising future stocks, then I am going with that by reducing all others. Most of times this strategy gave me an above average return. 

I remember in 2011, I did ever biggest mistake by taking bad decision. I had TAFL massive qty at Av.56/- and BFL another big qty at Av.123/. at the peak both went up 240/- & 520/- respectively. But unfortunately both sold in half a range with in hand money loss of 24.3 Mn.
Thank you for your ideas. I got the idea. It is not only good time to buy some valuable stocks but also to rotate or reduce some of our stocks to buy promising stocks. Bull market create opportunity to recover losses we made in the past. Good luck!

It is also time to identify discrepancies in the market and find out great value stocks in the market.
 
Eg:
 
SUN
 
Unaudited Year ended 31/03/15
 
EPS= 3.62
Net asset per share= 39.61
 
Trading price: Rs.52
 
MPRH
 
For the nine months ended 31/12/14
 
EPS= 5.11
 
Net Asset per share=47.22
 
Trading price Rs.30
 
We can find out plenty of undervalued stocks with growth potential in the market now. It is time to identify those value stocks before crowd recognize them.

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
http://www.streetdirectory.com/travel_guide/144153/trading/how_to_spot_momentum_stocks.html

How to Spot Momentum Stocks

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert
Thank you ADMIN for promoting both investcsel and EPS as real experts.
 
Why didn’t give real expert position to Sstar?
 
Sstar is one of the first people to identify REXP when it was trading around Rs.50. Now it is trading above Rs.150. We find only few more than three, five and ten baggers in the market. REXP became a more than three baggar stock in the market.

piras

piras
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
SHL
VONE
TJL
BFL
RCL
ALUM
CDB

MarketWch

MarketWch
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
UML
UBC
BFL

piras

piras
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@MarketWch wrote:UML
UBC
BFL


Good too

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum