FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Equity Win Today at 2:17 pm

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who is the 'Non-Disclosed' Senior Advisor to the Prime Minister Ranil who discussed about 'Central Expressway' project, was he the same Advisor who stayed in Central Bank Public Debt Department during the BondScam?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Business Basil

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

[size=31]Emphasis for local contractors in Central Expressway Project - Kabir Hashim[/size]

Ministry of Highways and Investment Promotion in a press statement released today said that the new government's Minister of Highways and Investment Promotion, Kabir Hashim had added that emphasis would be given to the use of local contractors in the upcoming Centrla Expressway project as he was convinced that they had the expertise to carry out the work.

"However, he stressed that the tenders for the project would also be open to foreign contractors" the statement noted adding that the Ministry is currently in the process of exploring funding options for the project both from local and international financial institutions. The release noted that a discussion has been held today afternoon at the Ministry of Finance between the Minister of Highways and Investment Promotion, Kabir Hashim, the Minister of Finance, the Secretary to the Ministry of Highways and Investment Promotion, Secretary to the Ministry of Finance and a 'Non-Disclosed' Senior Advisor to the Prime Minister regarding the construction of the Central Expressway.

Minister Hashim said that it had been agreed in principle that construction on the Central Expressway is to begin. He has explained that the government was committed to ensuring the process was carried out in a transparent and rapid manner.

Courtesy - lbt.lk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=9288:emphasis-for-local-contractors-in-central-expressway-project-says-kabir-hashim-&catid=54:business&Itemid=76

In a long telephone call to president malik spills the beans

Dec 28, 2014

Malik Samarawickreme, former UNP Chairman, businessman and confidante of UNP leader Ranil Wickremesinghe yesterday telephoned President Mahinda Rajapaksa who was at the President's House in Kandy at 9.35 a.m. and spilled the beans on how former President Chandrika Kumaratunga manipulated the joint opposition plan to grab UPFA ministers and members to challenge Rajapaksa at the upcoming presidential poll, well informed sources disclosed to Ceylon Today yesterday.

Who is the 'Non-Disclosed' Senior Advisor to the Prime Minister Ranil who discussed about 'Central Expressway' project, was he the same Advisor who stayed in Central Bank Public Debt Department during the BondScam? 80877_l1
In a long telephone call to president malik spills the beans
Malik Samarawickreme, former UNP Chairman, businessman and confidante of UNP leader Ranil Wickremesinghe yesterday telephoned President Mahinda Rajapaksa who was at the President's House in Kandy at 9.35 a.m. and spilled the beans on how former President Chandrika Kumaratunga manipulated the joint opposition plan to grab UPFA ministers and members to challenge Rajapaksa at the upcoming presidential poll, well informed sources disclosed to Ceylon Today yesterday.
The President received Samarawickreme's telephone call when UNP provincial councillor Chitra Manthilaka arrived with her supporters to crossover to support the President. Those who were present with the President included former UNP General Secretary and incumbent Health Minister Tissa Attanayake and other UPFA ministers and members in the Kandy District.

Samarawickreme had assured the President that the UNP leader would not accept UPFA Deputy Minister Faizer Musthapha who plans to crossover and had also conveyed a request from Wickremesinghe asking the President not to take UNP members. He had further assured that Wickremesinghe will not accept anymore UPFA members into his fold. Samarawickreme had reportedly briefed the President on how Faizer Musthapha was approached by the joint opposition to convince him to crossover.
He had also disclosed a UPFA name list to Rajapaksa with whom Kumaratunga was in touch to attract to the joint opposition.
Sources said an annoyed President after listening to Samarawickreme had warned the latter not to play double games in politics carrying tales from one side to other and also not to worry him asking for business deals from the government.

Samarawickreme struck a deal with the Rajapaksa government earlier on the Colombo – Kandy Expressway project through which he benefitted massive monetary gains. That was exclusively reported in our sister paper Mawbima.

The former UNP Chairman had told the President that he (Samarawickreme) and Wickremesinghe were aware that Maithripala Sirisena would get defeated at the 08 January 2015 presidential poll.

Sources said Samarawickreme had disclosed more details about Kumaratunga's plans to grab more UPFA members into the joint opposition.

http://www.ceylontoday.lk/31-80877-news-detail-in-a-long-telephone-call-to-president-malik-spills-the-beans.html

[size=32]Malik demands 1 Bn from news paper[/size]
2015-01-03 06:11:00
Who is the 'Non-Disclosed' Senior Advisor to the Prime Minister Ranil who discussed about 'Central Expressway' project, was he the same Advisor who stayed in Central Bank Public Debt Department during the BondScam? Malik_sajithFormer UNP Chairman Malik Samarawickrema yesterday sent a letter of demand claiming One Billion Rupees from a daily English language newspaper over an alleged defamatory article that had been published in it.

The letter of demand sent through Attorney at Law Indula Hewage states:

I write on the instructions of my client Mr. Malik Samarawickrema of 50/24,  Buller’s Lane, Colombo 7.

My client is a prominent member of the United National Party and a former Chairman of the Party, and is a long standing member of its Working Committee.
He is also a reputed businessman.

I am instructed by my client that a newspaper published by you carried the lead article in its issue of  December 28, 2014 on page 1 with the banner headline “In a long telephone call to President, MALIK SPILLS BEANS” which continued the story prominently on page 2 of the said issue.

Your said article and its headline contain the following statements, inter alia:

(a)     “Malik Spills Beans”
(b)     How my client telephoned President Mahinda Rajapaksa yesterday at 9.35 am and spilled the beans on how former President Chandrika  Kumaratunga manipulated the joint opposition plan to grab UPFA ministers and members to challenge Rajapaksa at the upcoming presidential polls
(c)     How my client had assured the President that the UNP leader would not accept UPFA Deputy Minister Faizer Musthapha who plans to crossover and had also conveyed a request from Wickremesinghe asking the President not to take UNP members.
(d)     My client had further assured that Wickremesinghe will not accept anymore UPFA members into his fold. My client had reportedly briefed the President on how Faizer Musthapha was approached by the joint opposition to convince him to crossover.
(e)     My client had also disclosed a UPFA name list to Rajapaksa with whom Kumaratunga was in touch to attract to the joint opposition.
(f)     Sources said an annoyed President after listening to Samarawickreme had warned the latter not to play double games in politics carrying tales from one side to other and also not to worry him asking for business deals from the government.
(g)     My client struck a deal with the Rajapaksa government earlier on the Colombo - Kandy Expressway project through which he benefitted in massive monetary gains.

(h)     My client had told the President that he and Wickremesinghe were aware that Maithripala Sirisena would get defeated at the January 8, 2015 presidential poll.

(1)     Sources said Samarawickreme had disclosed more details about Kumaratunga’s plans to grab more UPFA members into the joint opposition.
I am instructed that my client did not telephone the President on the occasion referred to by you in the said article. It was in fact the President who telephoned my client.

I am also instructed that the words/contents of the said article and headline and/or the gist of the article and headline were false and to your knowledge defamatory of my client both per se as well as by innuendo and that you published and/or caused to be published the said words/contents and/or the gist of the words/contents with animus injuriandi and express malice against my client.

My client has instructed me that by your said conduct you have brought him into hatred, ridicule and contempt among members of the public and to cause damage to his public life. I am further instructed to state that you are abusing your power as a media institution with a wide circulation to make grossly defamatory statements against my client who is a prominent member of the United National Party which is the main opposition party supporting the candidature of the Common Opposition Candidate Maitripala Sirisena at the forthcoming Presidential Election to be held on January 8, 2015 at which President Mahinda Rajapaksa is also a candidate, and to defame my client for political purposes and to give wide publicity to such false and defamatory statements against my client.

I am further instructed that the publication of the aforesaid defamatory statements against by client has caused loss and damage to my client’s dignity and reputation which my client estimates at Rs.1,000,000,000/- (Rupees One billion).

In the premises I am instructed by my client to demand that you pay to my client the said sum of Rs.l,000,000,000/- (Rupees One billion) as damages within 7 days of the date hereof. Should you fail to pay my client the said sum within the said period, my client will institute action against you for the recovery of the said sum together with interest and costs.

Quote: I am further instructed that the publication of the aforesaid defamatory statements against by client has caused loss and damage to my client’s dignity and reputation which my client estimates at Rs.1,000,000,000/- (Rupees One billion).

- See more at: http://www.dailymirror.lk/60337/malik-demands-1bn-from-news-paper#sthash.8CQjnlTc.dpuf

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum