Q2 Financial Highlights:
* Consolidated revenues for the second quarter amounted to AED 13.3 billion and increased year over year by 6%.
* Consolidated EBITDA for the second quarter totaled AED 6.8 billion, representing an increase of 17% year on year and resulting in EBITDA margin of 51%.
* Consolidated net profit after Federal Royalty reached AED 1.5 billion in the second quarter of 2015 impacted by share of results from associates and forex losses.
* Aggregate subscriber base reached 168 million subscribers.
Q2 Key Developments:
* Etisalat strengthens cooperation with international partners and collaborates on research on new technology, products and services.
* Etisalat Nigeria launches new data offering to encourage users to employ their mobile phones as a main source of Internet browsing.
* Etisalat Misr deploys Radio Dot System in Egypt for indoor coverage which is the first implementation of its kind in Egypt and is in response to the fast-growing demand for data traffic’ in the country.
* Etisalat UAE launches Mobile Cashier - the first-of-its-kind solution in the UAE - enabling business customers to accept credit, debit or prepaid card payments efficiently, and mange cash transactions through their mobile phones.
* Etisalat declared Operator of the Year at the 9th annual TMT Finance and Investment MENA.
* Etisalat named the ‘Top Telecommunications Company in the Arab World’ by Forbes Middle East.
* Etisalat’s Mobile Connect service wins the Global Telecoms Award for Business Innovation.
Chairman Message :
Eissa Al Suwaidi, Chairman – Etisalat Group, said: "Etisalat continues to strengthen its position as a leading operator in emerging markets despite the challenges in some of our operating markets. This is an indicator of the Company’s strong foundations and we remain committed to our long-term vision for continued success. - Etisalat
Courtesy: The Island 24 August 2015