FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» ලාභ ගන්න කොටස් වලින් මේක සම්පූර්ණයෙන්ම කියවන්න
by D.G.Dayaratne Today at 6:20 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC Interim Financial Statements quarter ended 30th June 2021
by cseguide Today at 6:02 pm

» Shares to Buy
by Niwa Today at 12:59 pm

» Successful investment strategies require an understanding of the forces of stock market nature, and disciplined rules of portfolio management.
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:12 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Niwa Yesterday at 8:53 pm

» Directors' Dealings today
by SAGA Yesterday at 6:02 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Yesterday at 5:59 pm

» CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)
by Antonym Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» Boga unusual Collection....
by Wickyz Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:14 pm

» MILLENNIUM HOUSING DEVELOPERS PLC (MHDL.N0000)
by jehan008 Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:11 pm

» Sri Lanka FOB prices for black tea highest in the world
by samaritan Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:18 pm

» DPL Take over
by Vishwanarth Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:12 pm

» HVA FOODS PLC (HVA.N0000)
by samaritan Fri Jul 30, 2021 11:02 am

» INDUSTRIAL ASPHALTS (CEYLON) PLC (ASPH.N0000)
by dayandacool Fri Jul 30, 2021 10:09 am

» CITIZENS DEVELOPMENT BUSINESS FINANCE PLC(CDB.N0000)
by engineer Fri Jul 30, 2021 7:06 am

» RENUKA CAPITAL PLC . KZOO.N
by Pbv Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:22 am

» What will happen to AMF¿??????
by Tissa Thu Jul 29, 2021 11:46 pm

» Expert view on AMF??
by Tissa Thu Jul 29, 2021 10:12 pm

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by Bakkabwoi Thu Jul 29, 2021 8:57 pm

» What are the short term profit stocks you are planning to buy on this Monday? (Only honest ppl please)
by Hope123 Thu Jul 29, 2021 7:04 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Is the CSE overvalued???

Is the CSE overvalued???

+5
Yahapalanaya
karuna
stockback
Wolf Of CSE
EquityChamp
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:00 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator
Guys,
Would like to initiate a discussion on this topic. Below are some historical facts.

2012 ASPI was 5643 and PE was 15.9
2013 ASPI was 5913 and PE was 15.9
2014 ASPI was 7299 and PE was 19.7
Today ASPI is 7086 and PE is 18.4

2013 ASPI gained by 4.8% while 2014 it gained by 23% but YTD it has dropped by 3%.

Does that mean 2014 market grew by unsustainable level? If that isn't the case why market PE ratio has hugely increased? If we assume 2012 & 2013 PE were fair and to sustain in 2015 and 2016 what would be the year end ASPI target?

Assuming an annual market EPS growth of 5% I worked out 2015 ASPI target of 6560 and 2016 ASPI target of 6880.

Another question is that whether the market will come close to this 2015 estimate if JKH falls say 150 level together with the decline is share prices of big companies with further foreign selling.

Then we need to talk how likely this can happen within the next couple of months.

Feel good if we can discuss on this.

2Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:06 pm

Wolf Of CSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@EquityChamp wrote:Guys,
Would like to initiate a discussion on this topic. Below are some historical facts.

2012 ASPI was 5643 and PE was 15.9
2013 ASPI was 5913 and PE was 15.9
2014 ASPI was 7299 and PE was 19.7
Today ASPI is 7086 and PE is 18.4

2013 ASPI gained by 4.8% while 2014 it gained by 23% but YTD it has dropped by 3%.

Does that mean 2014 market grew by unsustainable level? If that isn't the case why market PE ratio has hugely increased? If we assume 2012 & 2013 PE were fair and to sustain in 2015 and 2016 what would be the year end ASPI target?

Assuming an annual market EPS growth of 5% I worked out 2015 ASPI target of 6560 and 2016 ASPI target of 6880.

Another question is that whether the market will come close to this 2015 estimate if JKH falls say 150 level together with the decline is share prices of big companies with further foreign selling.

Then we need to talk how likely this can happen within the next couple of months.

Feel good if we can discuss on this.
You cannot isolate the ASPI and analyse the market.There are major players like JKH which has a huge impact on the ASPI.So its useless.

3Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:11 pm

stockback


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Wolf Of CSE wrote:
@EquityChamp wrote:Guys,
Would like to initiate a discussion on this topic. Below are some historical facts.

2012 ASPI was 5643 and PE was 15.9
2013 ASPI was 5913 and PE was 15.9
2014 ASPI was 7299 and PE was 19.7
Today ASPI is 7086 and PE is 18.4

2013 ASPI gained by 4.8% while 2014 it gained by 23% but YTD it has dropped by 3%.

Does that mean 2014 market grew by unsustainable level? If that isn't the case why market PE ratio has hugely increased? If we assume 2012 & 2013 PE were fair and to sustain in 2015 and 2016 what would be the year end ASPI target?

Assuming an annual market EPS growth of 5% I worked out 2015 ASPI target of 6560 and 2016 ASPI target of 6880.

Another question is that whether the market will come close to this 2015 estimate if JKH falls say 150 level together with the decline is share prices of big companies with further foreign selling.

Then we need to talk how likely this can happen within the next couple of months.

Feel good if we can discuss on this.
You cannot isolate the ASPI and analyse the market.There are major players like JKH which has a huge impact on the ASPI.So its useless.


these days i am working on ASI. I think it will fall.

specially next Budget is huge impact

personally i like ASI dropping to bellow 6000. at that point we can buy valuable stock at cheap price level.

4Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:15 pm

Wolf Of CSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@stockback wrote:
@Wolf Of CSE wrote:
@EquityChamp wrote:Guys,
Would like to initiate a discussion on this topic. Below are some historical facts.

2012 ASPI was 5643 and PE was 15.9
2013 ASPI was 5913 and PE was 15.9
2014 ASPI was 7299 and PE was 19.7
Today ASPI is 7086 and PE is 18.4

2013 ASPI gained by 4.8% while 2014 it gained by 23% but YTD it has dropped by 3%.

Does that mean 2014 market grew by unsustainable level? If that isn't the case why market PE ratio has hugely increased? If we assume 2012 & 2013 PE were fair and to sustain in 2015 and 2016 what would be the year end ASPI target?

Assuming an annual market EPS growth of 5% I worked out 2015 ASPI target of 6560 and 2016 ASPI target of 6880.

Another question is that whether the market will come close to this 2015 estimate if JKH falls say 150 level together with the decline is share prices of big companies with further foreign selling.

Then we need to talk how likely this can happen within the next couple of months.

Feel good if we can discuss on this.
You cannot isolate the ASPI and analyse the market.There are major players like JKH which has a huge impact on the ASPI.So its useless.


these days i am working on ASI. I think it will fall.

specially next Budget is huge impact

personally i like ASI dropping to bellow 6000. at that point we can buy valuable stock at cheap price level.
Its true.But the fact is that there are alot of undervalued shares in the market waiting to up their respective prices but because of shares like JKH ,investors are reluctant to invest in the market.So i think its better if we could see an uptrend

5Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:18 pm

karuna


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Jkh matanam wadanawak it's very ugly to me
Mayawa pirela

6Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:28 pm

stockback


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@karuna wrote:Jkh matanam wadanawak it's very ugly to me
Mayawa pirela


JKH manipulate karahan anna pora. with your friends (if you have)

7Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 5:30 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@stockback wrote:
@karuna wrote:Jkh matanam wadanawak it's very ugly to me
Mayawa pirela


JKH manipulate karahan anna pora. with your friends (if you have)
JKH manipulation is too much for Karuna and Co.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

8Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:06 pm

anges


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
looks over valued since foreigners are pulling cash out ! but if economy grows and cash flow is good numbers look good !

9Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 6:27 pm

SLBOY


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
So what should we do. 
Do we have to Realized whatever profit and loss and keep away ??????.

10Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:13 pm

shadow walker

shadow walker
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
dont worry EC.. Very Happy Very Happy
 
its not overvalued... these days ASI  absorbing the JKH downfall and foreign out flow...

11Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Wed Oct 07, 2015 9:19 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator
If JKH to drop by another 7.5% ( with more selling on the line) and possible drop in CTC ( due to increase in taxes and lower sales volume) can't ASPI come down by another 5%. I think we can't assign zero bribability for that.

12Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:16 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator
The facts we discussed in this thread seems to be correct, isn't it?

13Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:43 pm

stockback


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@stockback wrote:
@Wolf Of CSE wrote:
@EquityChamp wrote:Guys,
Would like to initiate a discussion on this topic. Below are some historical facts.

2012 ASPI was 5643 and PE was 15.9
2013 ASPI was 5913 and PE was 15.9
2014 ASPI was 7299 and PE was 19.7
Today ASPI is 7086 and PE is 18.4

2013 ASPI gained by 4.8% while 2014 it gained by 23% but YTD it has dropped by 3%.

Does that mean 2014 market grew by unsustainable level? If that isn't the case why market PE ratio has hugely increased? If we assume 2012 & 2013 PE were fair and to sustain in 2015 and 2016 what would be the year end ASPI target?

Assuming an annual market EPS growth of 5% I worked out 2015 ASPI target of 6560 and 2016 ASPI target of 6880.

Another question is that whether the market will come close to this 2015 estimate if JKH falls say 150 level together with the decline is share prices of big companies with further foreign selling.

Then we need to talk how likely this can happen within the next couple of months.

Feel good if we can discuss on this.
You cannot isolate the ASPI and analyse the market.There are major players like JKH which has a huge impact on the ASPI.So its useless.


these days i am working on ASI. I think it will fall.

specially next Budget is huge impact

personally i like ASI dropping to bellow 6000. at that point we can buy valuable stock at cheap price level.


still I believed my lines....

14Is the CSE overvalued??? Empty Re: Is the CSE overvalued??? Thu Nov 17, 2016 6:21 pm

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
CSE is under value compare to world markets


_________________




Teller said is said..

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum