FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Vote_lcap11%AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Vote_rcap 11% [ 21 ]
AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Vote_lcap20%AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Vote_rcap 20% [ 37 ]
AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Vote_lcap29%AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Vote_rcap 29% [ 55 ]
AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Vote_lcap40%AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Vote_rcap 40% [ 76 ]

Total Votes : 189

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Buy lofc tomorrow - Maharaja
by Anushka Perz Today at 12:59 am

» LIOC ....Get in soon
by Citizen Silva Yesterday at 10:26 pm

» L G I L - Maharaja special
by Chula Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» New Bermuda Triangle
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 9:23 pm

» Technical update 12.08.2022 Maharaja
by Maharaja Yesterday at 9:09 pm

» SGH buys EXPO from retailers
by samaritan Yesterday at 2:29 pm

» HORANA PLANTATIONS PLC (HOPL)
by cheetah Yesterday at 2:27 pm

» What you need to remember is there is ALWAYS a way to make income from day trading stocks. Stock market for beginners and day traders
by Asoka Samarakone Sat Aug 13, 2022 9:00 pm

» LPRT and CHOT old and profitable businesses, yet severely undervalued
by deli Sat Aug 13, 2022 5:13 pm

» HAYLEYS PLC (HAYL.N0000)
by EPS Sat Aug 13, 2022 8:34 am

» Exterminators Plc (EXT.N)
by ErangaDS Fri Aug 12, 2022 9:44 pm

» CW Makie Highest Dividend Payer- EPS of Rs.10 for Quarter
by Ros123 Fri Aug 12, 2022 5:57 pm

» AAIC 100 = SCAP 16
by SamJay1974 Fri Aug 12, 2022 2:46 pm

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:27 am

» LOFC Future
by samansilva Fri Aug 12, 2022 11:05 am

» PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC (GLAS.N0000)
by stocknoob Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:59 am

» RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC (RAL.N0000) TP. 7
by cheetah Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:45 pm

» SUNSHINE HOLDINGS PLC (SUN.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:07 pm

» WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:05 pm

» US inflation eased slightly in July
by ADVENTUS Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:25 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » AFTER BUDGET MARKET...........

AFTER BUDGET MARKET...........

+13
Mubin Mustafa
peacockman
Harry82
SLFINANCEWATCH
dilshangac
Chinwi
pjrngroup
soileconomy
bullseye
Yahapalanaya
tharindufit
otara
kuma524
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:25 pm

kuma524

kuma524
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Guy's What do u think after budget market will CRASH or FLY.................??

2AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Tue Nov 17, 2015 6:44 pm

otara

otara
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

I think it will go crazyyy...

What if Ravi say EPF and ETF will be merged and give to a fund management firm to invest in gvt securities, corp bonds and equities with pre decided proportions and for equity they allocate a sizeble portion?????


I will be over the moon

3AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Tue Nov 17, 2015 9:41 pm

tharindufit


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Future seems not as bad as it shows here :-) guess who is the chief guest?

Private sector giants to speak up on Budget 2016 on 24 November Forum 

The private sector observations will be shared by John Keells Holdings Plc Deputy Chairman Ajit Gunewardene, Carson Cumberbatch Plc Director Mano Selvanathan, Softlogic Holdings Plc Chairman Ashok Pathirage, CT Holdings Deputy Chairman and CEO Ranjit Page,  Hayleys Plc Director Sarath Ganegoda, Aitken Spence Plc Director Parakrama Dissanayake, Hemas Holdings Plc CEO Steven Enderby, Sunshine Holdings Group Managing Director Vish Gowindasamy and Expolanka Holdings Plc Director Sanjay Kulatunga. - See more at: http://www.ft.lk/article/497641/Private-sector-giants-to-speak-up-on-Budget-2016-on-24-November-Forum#sthash.L1k7NWq4.dpuf

4AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Tue Nov 17, 2015 10:57 pm

tharindufit


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

US firms await clear policy to invest in Sri Lanka


“American companies are looking for safe investment opportunities,” Atul Keshap, US Ambassador to Sri Lanka said.
“These companies have hundreds and billions of dollars are waiting to see more economic policy consistency in Sri Lanka before they bring in their investments.”
These investors and firms are calling for more stable fiscal policies and want the government to pursue reforms that would make the island a more attractive place for investment.
Keshap says that after the election of the new President and the government this year there are new avenues of opportunity for business ties between the two nations.
“We can do a lot to expand our bilateral trade and economic relationship,” he said.
“Sri Lankan people had made clear this year not once but twice through the election that they want to leave the past behind and build a future that is easier for business to operate.” he said.
See more at:http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/us-firms-await-clear-policy-to-invest-in-sri-lanka/

5AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Tue Nov 17, 2015 11:07 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Last chance for RK to provide good budget.I hope he would have discussed with economists,industry experts etc..Otherwise he has to go home.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

6AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Wed Nov 18, 2015 4:00 am

bullseye

bullseye
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

when budget over?

7AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:02 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yahapalanaya wrote:Last chance for RK to provide good budget.I hope he would have discussed with economists,industry experts etc..Otherwise he has to go home.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
He will eat.we will have to go home.He will be with his portfolio.Thst will be the final result.

8AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:38 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

soileconomy wrote:
Yahapalanaya wrote:Last chance for RK to provide good budget.I hope he would have discussed with economists,industry experts etc..Otherwise he has to go home.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
He will eat.we will have to go home.He will be with his portfolio.Thst will be the final result.
He can eat food but not country's economy. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Now no excuse such as 100 day programme or temporary budget etc..No bulshits like super gain tax etc.. Shocked Shocked

9AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:49 am

pjrngroup


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

kuma524 wrote:Guy's What do u think after budget market will CRASH or FLY.................??
more chance that market will react positively, or dull but very less chance to react negatively.

10AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Wed Nov 18, 2015 7:56 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

tharindufit wrote:US firms await clear policy to invest in Sri Lanka


“American companies are looking for safe investment opportunities,” Atul Keshap, US Ambassador to Sri Lanka said.
“These companies have hundreds and billions of dollars are waiting to see more economic policy consistency in Sri Lanka before they bring in their investments.”
These investors and firms are calling for more stable fiscal policies and want the government to pursue reforms that would make the island a more attractive place for investment.
Keshap says that after the election of the new President and the government this year there are new avenues of opportunity for business ties between the two nations.
“We can do a lot to expand our bilateral trade and economic relationship,” he said.
“Sri Lankan people had made clear this year not once but twice through the election that they want to leave the past behind and build a future that is easier for business to operate.” he said.
See more at:http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/us-firms-await-clear-policy-to-invest-in-sri-lanka/


illuminati rothschild expansion ?

They can own SriLanka by investing few 0.000#% of their ability ..
Sometimes this could be the next step of 'arab spring' type plan they formulated for Sri Lanka

11AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:11 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:
tharindufit wrote:US firms await clear policy to invest in Sri Lanka


“American companies are looking for safe investment opportunities,” Atul Keshap, US Ambassador to Sri Lanka said.
“These companies have hundreds and billions of dollars are waiting to see more economic policy consistency in Sri Lanka before they bring in their investments.”
These investors and firms are calling for more stable fiscal policies and want the government to pursue reforms that would make the island a more attractive place for investment.
Keshap says that after the election of the new President and the government this year there are new avenues of opportunity for business ties between the two nations.
“We can do a lot to expand our bilateral trade and economic relationship,” he said.
“Sri Lankan people had made clear this year not once but twice through the election that they want to leave the past behind and build a future that is easier for business to operate.” he said.
See more at:http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/us-firms-await-clear-policy-to-invest-in-sri-lanka/


illuminati rothschild expansion ?

They can own SriLanka by investing few 0.000#%  of their ability  ..
Sometimes this could be the next step of 'arab spring' type plan they formulated for Sri Lanka
I have different view.
Our small country cannot be developed by conflicting with Western country.We have to use prevailing good relationship with Western countries to widen export things,getting GSP+,etc..
Thinking of arab spring and opposing western country seems too much.
My view might be wrong!!
Shocked Shocked Shocked

12AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Wed Nov 18, 2015 8:26 am

otara

otara
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

including me, majority who voted this gvt. are in your view. You are absolutely correct Yahapalanaya.

13AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Thu Nov 19, 2015 12:26 am

kuma524

kuma524
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

This is the time to grab fundamental stock......for ex right time JKH decleared Rs 4.5 dividend..including w22... What a Face What a Face

14AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Thu Nov 19, 2015 6:54 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Chinwi wrote:
tharindufit wrote:US firms await clear policy to invest in Sri Lanka


“American companies are looking for safe investment opportunities,” Atul Keshap, US Ambassador to Sri Lanka said.
“These companies have hundreds and billions of dollars are waiting to see more economic policy consistency in Sri Lanka before they bring in their investments.”
These investors and firms are calling for more stable fiscal policies and want the government to pursue reforms that would make the island a more attractive place for investment.
Keshap says that after the election of the new President and the government this year there are new avenues of opportunity for business ties between the two nations.
“We can do a lot to expand our bilateral trade and economic relationship,” he said.
“Sri Lankan people had made clear this year not once but twice through the election that they want to leave the past behind and build a future that is easier for business to operate.” he said.
See more at:http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/us-firms-await-clear-policy-to-invest-in-sri-lanka/


illuminati rothschild expansion ?

They can own SriLanka by investing few 0.000#%  of their ability  ..
Sometimes this could be the next step of 'arab spring' type plan they formulated for Sri Lanka

Yes .you see a broader picture.most of others can't see it

15AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:21 pm

kuma524

kuma524
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Today we seen the market reaction before the budget........  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

16AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:49 am

dilshangac


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

kuma524 wrote:Today we seen the market reaction before the budget........  cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
PHAR Moving.. keep your eye on it.. this will boost..

17AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:25 pm

tharindufit


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Okay. Now it's after budget time :-) I see positives. Anyone with me?

From Budget:
260. Today banks are not keen to lend to certain important sectors of the economy, which has
hampered the growth of these sectors. In this background, I propose that all the banks
should lend at least 10 percent of their loan portfolio to Agriculture, 5 percent to SME and
5 percent to Women and Youth. Given the impact the international gold prices has had on
the local banks specially with large pawning portfolios, I urge the banking sector to limit
their pawning business to a maximum of 5 percent of their loan portfolios. Further, I
encourage Banks to lend to customers who are engaging in stock market activities.

284. Honourable Speaker, this government is committed to creating the enabling environment in
which the stock market can operate efficiently and effectively. A proper regulatory
framework is the key in facilitating growth in the stock market. As such, it is proposed that
Securities and Exchange Act be revised to address the regulatory deficiencies in the market. 

287. At the same time, the Share Transaction Levy which charges 0.3 percent from the buyer and
seller on each share transaction will be removed with a view of encouraging activities in the share market so as to boost the sagging movement of share transactions. Further, as an
additional measure, the stamp duty on share certificates will also be removed. 

288. Honourable Speaker, volatility in the stock market has resulted in many of the stock brokers
facing significant issues. It would appear that the sustainability of stock brokers themselves
is important in ensuring the long term development of the Capital markets. As such, I
encourage the Stock Brokers to merge to strengthen their capacities and capabilities. 

18AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:31 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yes..This is great..For the Country and also for the investors..try to catch VFIN,LFIN,PLC,HDFC, LIOC, LGL, TILE,RCL,VPEL,SIRA,ACL,RAL,COCO,ALUM,ALUF,LOFT, KAPI, HVA, TEST, TJL,MGT..Good shares for the future..

19AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:36 pm

Harry82

Harry82
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yes

Watch 

VFIN
LFIN
CDB
HDFC
ACL
RICH
UML
LOFC

20AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:56 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Add ur LIOC to the list.@ harry82

21AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:28 am

peacockman


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

APLA
KCAB
DIPD  (At a Discounted price : 110.00)

22AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:54 am

Mubin Mustafa


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

TJL MGT waiting for GSp + then cant catch...

23AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:16 am

Sstar

Sstar
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

No one seems worried about economic fundamentals. Good luck. I am ready for early Christmas

24AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:07 pm

Shan1039


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

LHCL
PHAR
GSF
AEL
KZOO
CPRT
SFL
MGT
TJL

Iam waiting for these experts any comments on above?

25AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Empty Re: AFTER BUDGET MARKET........... Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Prabhakaran

Prabhakaran
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Take profits on TJL & MGT. There are no significant short term benefits for these counters so prices ought to settle downwards soon – maybe 34.00 levels and re-enter.
·         Take some exposure on SHL at CMP
·         I already have RICH and I will increase the holding at CMP
·         More bullish on COCO, will increase holding at CMP
·         Expecting RCL to drop to Rs. 90 levels
·         Very bullish on AEL
·         Enter poultry sector at CMP as it will rally significantly on earnings of 3Q’16 and 4Q’16
·         Bullish on EXPO
·         Keep some cash ready for IPOs of PIL and soon to be privatized entities

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum