Here the scenario.. again the bank proofs, that we are from Sri Lanka.
almost 50 days ago I applied for a credit card in Sampath bank.
For that they asked pay sheet from my company and bank statement from where my salary is credited.
My salary is credited to the commbank and long time ago I lost my account pass book somewhere.
But still I do have my online banking access.
So I took screen shot of my commbank transactions from combank online admin panel and submitted to Sampath bank.
All the details were clearly shown in the screen shot. Including:
1. My full name
2. Account number
3. Salary credited dates and it's transaction details.
But sampath guys told me that, this may be fake and doubtful and still I need to submit the updated account book photo copy along with the passbook for one time verification.
My question and thoughts are:
1. Even a bank can not understand other bank's statement why the hell they provide e-statements?
2. For the sampath credit card they told me they will provide e-statement only NOT a printed statement. In that case if any other bank ask for my credit card transaction activity to proof something for some other need in future, will they understand Sampath's e-statement or they also will ask for printed book / statement?
3. If still every sri lankan brains need a printed statement / account book why the hell banks provide e-statement and PROMOTING it? Only for charging from us LKR 500 annually?
4. Why still we are so soo Sri Lankan in this 2015 too?