FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» The war in Ukraine is no longer shocking the wheat market
by ResearchMan Today at 12:44 pm

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by cseguide Today at 11:34 am

» Analysis: China casts giant shadow over emerging nations' chase for debt relief
by ChooBoy Today at 7:38 am

» In STOCK MARKET despite all odds, there is always hope. Never ever give in nor give up.
by atuts Yesterday at 2:14 pm

» India raises import tax on gold to support rupee and amid trade deficit
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 2:09 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by ResearchMan Sat Jul 02, 2022 9:57 am

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm

» Govt gets its priorities wrong
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:25 am

» Ambassador assures U.S. support to Sri Lanka to find solutions to economic issues
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:16 am

» IMF-Sri Lanka bailout talks end without a deal
by ChooBoy Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 am

» Sri Lanka Breaks Into Hyperinflation Zone Amid Dollar Crunch
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:11 am

» Sri Lanka needs to do more on debt restructuring before a bailout package is finalised, says IMF
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:06 am

» Global COVID cases rise as BA.4 and BA.5 expand
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:04 am

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Tue Jun 28, 2022 9:24 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Which share is Tsunami proof?

Which share is Tsunami proof?

+2
VALUEPICK
Quibit
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Which share is Tsunami proof? Empty Which share is Tsunami proof? Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:29 am

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Name the share that had fallen or gain prices during this stock market Tsunami?

2Which share is Tsunami proof? Empty Re: Which share is Tsunami proof? Thu Jan 21, 2016 11:06 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

I saw lot of stocks are plummeting. Wealth can wipe out instantly in stock markets.
 
We lose money because of different types of dramas in global markets at different times. Same drama will repeat in a different manner in the future too. When Chinese markets go up or down analyst will have some reasons. Some wrote books only about China and sold million of copies. In those books they said this century is belongs to China.  I also bought. Stock market can go up and down. Still there are some growth areas in China.
 
Number of mouths in China?
Number of people going to Schools and Universities?
Number of laptops, mobiles in China?
Number of houses,cars, tyres, buses, trains and jets in China?
 
China is a huge market. They cannot produce everything there. They will have to import lot of things. Exporters will have opportunities. Number one real worry in China is real estate. When compare with China, in some other countries it is worst. Those countries will have crisis during next ten years sometimes before China. We can predict but it will never happen.

3Which share is Tsunami proof? Empty Re: Which share is Tsunami proof? Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:01 pm

vic19

vic19
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

VALUEPICK wrote:I saw lot of stocks are plummeting. Wealth can wipe out instantly in stock markets.
 
We lose money because of different types of dramas in global markets at different times. Same drama will repeat in a different manner in the future too. When Chinese markets go up or down analyst will have some reasons. Some wrote books only about China and sold million of copies. In those books they said this century is belongs to China.  I also bought. Stock market can go up and down. Still there are some growth areas in China.
 
Number of mouths in China?
Number of people going to Schools and Universities?
Number of laptops, mobiles in China?
Number of houses,cars, tyres, buses, trains and jets in China?
 
China is a huge market. They cannot produce everything there. They will have to import lot of things. Exporters will have opportunities. Number one real worry in China is real estate. When compare with China, in some other countries it is worst. Those countries will have crisis during next ten years sometimes before China. We can predict but it will never happen.
Hi VP , the topic is on " what stock which are whether proof " asked by our lovely Quibit.

you have not touched on it. what I find in your comments on this forum are always like a " forward " to a book and not the "contents"of the book.

any way this is how I feel, but many will like your style of your article.

I think HHL, combank, HNB, are staying put on this bad times.

thanks

4Which share is Tsunami proof? Empty Re: Which share is Tsunami proof? Thu Jan 21, 2016 1:26 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Actually I couldn’t think about stocks at that time. How did we see such a forceful selling for stocks without having market shorting system and other derivatives in the CSE?
 
Some plantation stocks were tsunami proof. They have stagnated and trading around that level now. They will not go up in the near future.
 
We will see some tsunami proof boring stocks in the coming months and 2016/17.
 
In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.
Benjamin Graham
 
This is very true. Now we are in a period of uncertainty and volatility. We should buy stocks according to the situation. 2016/17 is also very good for boring stocks.
 
We should try to keep at least one golden egg in our basket.
 
Will there be opportunity in value/ speculative/ growth or value plus growth stocks in 2016/17?
 

It should take at least six months to 18 months to complete major uptrend in some stocks.

5Which share is Tsunami proof? Empty Re: Which share is Tsunami proof? Mon Jan 25, 2016 8:55 pm

Senior Citizen

Senior Citizen
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

VALUEPICK wrote:Actually I couldn’t think about stocks at that time. How did we see such a forceful selling for stocks without having market shorting system and other derivatives in the CSE?
 
Some plantation stocks were tsunami proof. They have stagnated and trading around that level now. They will not go up in the near future.
 
We will see some tsunami proof boring stocks in the coming months and 2016/17.
 
In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.
Benjamin Graham
 
This is very true. Now we are in a period of uncertainty and volatility. We should buy stocks according to the situation. 2016/17 is also very good for boring stocks.
 
We should try to keep at least one golden egg in our basket.
 
Will there be opportunity in value/ speculative/ growth or value plus growth stocks in 2016/17?
 

It should take at least six months to 18 months to complete major uptrend in some stocks.
Keep the Golden Egg in the NEST!

6Which share is Tsunami proof? Empty Re: Which share is Tsunami proof? Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:47 pm

vic19

vic19
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Nestlé , Too highly priced for an average investor in my view . But this share had been a good shares for its investors dividend wise and captital gain as well.

7Which share is Tsunami proof? Empty Re: Which share is Tsunami proof? Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:47 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Senior Citizen wrote:
VALUEPICK wrote:Actually I couldn’t think about stocks at that time. How did we see such a forceful selling for stocks without having market shorting system and other derivatives in the CSE?
 
Some plantation stocks were tsunami proof. They have stagnated and trading around that level now. They will not go up in the near future.
 
We will see some tsunami proof boring stocks in the coming months and 2016/17.
 
In the short run, the market is a voting machine but in the long run, it is a weighing machine.
Benjamin Graham
 
This is very true. Now we are in a period of uncertainty and volatility. We should buy stocks according to the situation. 2016/17 is also very good for boring stocks.
 
We should try to keep at least one golden egg in our basket.
 
Will there be opportunity in value/ speculative/ growth or value plus growth stocks in 2016/17?
 

It should take at least six months to 18 months to complete major uptrend in some stocks.
Keep the Golden Egg in the NEST!
Thanks SC.

8Which share is Tsunami proof? Empty Re: Which share is Tsunami proof? Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:13 pm

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Only share withstood is NEST

9Which share is Tsunami proof? Empty Re: Which share is Tsunami proof? Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:18 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:Name the share that had fallen or gain prices during this stock market Tsunami?
Sorry Quibit.There is no Tsunami proof.Tsunami take everything in its way including Galle train... Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum