FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Today at 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Today at 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Today at 2:30 am

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 9:30 pm

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Yesterday at 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Yesterday at 1:07 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by LHW Yesterday at 9:24 am

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Yesterday at 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Yesterday at 8:07 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:03 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Mon Jun 27, 2022 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:34 am

» Importance of Agroforestry for Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Mon Jun 27, 2022 6:31 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Buy but don't shout!

Buy but don't shout!

+2
prabath
Jeremy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buy but don't shout! Empty Buy but don't shout! Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:39 pm

Jeremy

Jeremy
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Market will come down further due to corporate performance. No point trying to promote stock, market is not going to go up immediately.

2Buy but don't shout! Empty Re: Buy but don't shout! Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:44 pm

prabath

GMNet wrote:Market will come down further due to corporate performance. No point trying to promote stock, market is not going to go up immediately.
SStar beraganna onna GMnut awa.

3Buy but don't shout! Empty Re: Buy but don't shout! Wed Feb 03, 2016 12:54 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

You are absolutely right. We should buy winning stocks without shouting. Many in media were shouting about Chinese stocks. Some boring market participants without shouting have made fortunes there as well. There are reports one market participant in China has made more than 6000% return by taking correction positions. I think panic sellers and buyers must have made him so rich.  It is same in the Malaysian market. It is one of the weakest markets in the world. Still there are winners. After recent selling smart investors are buying boring stocks without making noises in the market.

For example:

Shareholders can reward in different ways.

Another star performer in the poultry world has announced share split and bonus issue. They had one of the weakest stocks market in the world but their poultry stocks are outperforming the broader market. This is one of the poultry stocks which are having renewed interest after global sell off.

http://www.thestar.com.my/business/business-news/2016/02/02/lay-hong-proposes-share-split-and-bonus-issue/

Lay Hong proposes share split, bonus issue

4Buy but don't shout! Empty Re: Buy but don't shout! Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:08 pm

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

Some listed companies will have attractive earnings in the coming quarters and years as well. We have to have idea about them. Some companies can slow down little bit buy they will grow later. Commodity producers cannot generate cash. On the other hand commodity users can generate cash.

We cannot predict market but we cannot expect it to go to 6000. It should touch 6500 first. Down market is also creating opportunity.

There are winners for 2016/17. Mid and long term investors have plenty of opportunities in this market. As I said before there are value gems, growth gems and hidden gems in the market. One can come to conclusion on some outstanding companies  after hitting some record share prices in the future.

5Buy but don't shout! Empty Re: Buy but don't shout! Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:59 am

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

VP what are your gems can you list. And what is your view on following counters for 2016.
JKH
COMB
UB
PABC
SFIN
VFIN
BFL
ACL
PARQ
ALUF

I have given you 10 stocks and would like to know your thoughts before expressing my view.

Thanks

6Buy but don't shout! Empty Re: Buy but don't shout! Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:24 am

Joe007

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

My favourites are ...
VFIN,BFL,ACL,PARQ .
But depends on the price to buy. Otherwise we will end up in another huge loss even we bought better stock.
We must be very careful to buy any stock regardless of any performance due to the current market conditions.

7Buy but don't shout! Empty Re: Buy but don't shout! Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:38 am

Joe007

JKH - still has to come down
COMB- still over valued
UB- improving but......
PABC -- good performance but whether it is worth the price you pay for
VFIN- very good performance, should go down to be honest for short term.
BFL- great performance. Should be careful with health matters of the chicken. Otherwise green flag.
ACL - very good . Better if it goes down
PARQ - very good but the price is complicating.
ALUF- good but it has to come down further

My personal opinion above according to the market conditions.

8Buy but don't shout! Empty Re: Buy but don't shout! Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:08 am

deen

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Joe007 wrote:JKH - still has to come down
COMB- still over valued
UB- improving but......
PABC -- good performance but whether it is worth the price you pay for
VFIN- very good performance, should go down to be honest for short term.
BFL- great performance. Should be careful with health matters of the chicken. Otherwise green flag.
ACL - very good . Better if it goes down
PARQ - very good but the price is complicating.
ALUF- good but it has to come down further

My personal opinion above according to the market conditions.  
How about COCO and RHL?

9Buy but don't shout! Empty Re: Buy but don't shout! Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:12 am

VALUEPICK

VALUEPICK
Expert
Expert

I like all of above stocks which include some value gems. If I pick those stocks I will apply my strategy.

We have to be very careful when we buy and stocks even in bull market. We will get capital gain today and tomorrow we will lose (get capital loss). Similarly, today we will lose and tomorrow we will gain.  That is how I see the stock market. Therefore, we should not buy and sell stocks without doing some home works.

If we can study personality of above stocks we can make capital gain at different times at different situations. We also can make profit and losses depend on the strategy we have and how we pick stocks according to the situation etc.

Despite numerous predictions, market sell off, I found stocks that they can pass not only 52 weeks high and but also all time high in global markets. They are belongs to commodity users, utilities and consumer staples etc. Similarly there are 52 weeks low stocks and they will go down further due to poor fundamentals globally.

After stocks we could see some volatility in commodities. We are not going to see rapid rise in rubber and palm oil prices in the near future.

After some time I saw some different type of pattern in some bullish stocks.

Each stock has its own personality. One has to have idea about it to take wise investment and trading decisions. In addition there should be successful strategy as well.

They all will have long term businesses. At different stages at different times different stocks from above list will outperform others. In a very strong market all of above stocks also should become strong.

Time to time different types of investors, traders will create demand for above stocks.
There will be more opportunities in some of the above stocks in the coming years as well.

I think this is time to stay calm and accumulate winning stocks silently.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum