FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR

+61
D.G.Dayaratne
Beyondsenses
Basu
ErangaDS
K.R
Mohammed020
Amjad_804
rukshan1234
geesura
Promoney
shan31
SANJAYANM
soileconomy
xpmurali
ddrperera
Vishwanarth
samansilva
Saraka
wealth123
judecroos
shihan 93
dilshangac
Love Boy
bhanu
KavinduTM
Arrowrisk
Gajaya
Junior investor
venura
Quibit
rsilease
NANDANA2012
samaritan
chathura123
Capton KIng Cool
anges
ONTHEMONEY
Investor1994
Eugine Fernando
Teller
stockback
Eng Krishantha
Ok One
SLBOY
wisdom79
chamil1
csebrowser
A+
Chinwi
Yahapalanaya
troy
Joe007
nimantha80
karuna
hiransilva23
Brinthan
fireshelter
charith666lk
Harry82
SLFINANCEWATCH
EquityChamp
65 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 9]

21FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 9:56 pm

Harry82

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

SLFINANCEWATCH,

What about target

22FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Do you exactly know the time Mahinda Rajapaksha goes to Toilet ? Do u compare Mahinda Rajapaksha go to toilet with BLI and SFL..hiks..too much rationals for your so called Investment Decisions

23FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:00 pm

Harry82

EquityChamp,

Your can speak about under valued stocks such as CDB , lfin , Vfin, CFIN.....

Dont SPEAK OVER VALUED STOCKS SUCH as BLI and SFL

24FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:02 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

Toilet vs SFL..BLI

25FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:04 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

LFIN VS VFIN VS CFIN VS PLC VS SFIN..and other finance companies..but you cant take BLI and SFL To the comparison..This is how ec made investment decisions..

26FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:12 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

Can you guys read again what I have said here and my last comment. And try to enrich the discussion only if you have valid points to my questions I raised here. if not please don't comment. This is the last I will say.

Thought it is good to compare these two companies since these two are subjected to very hot discussion in this forum. A summary of the comparison given below.

• BLI has shown a double or triple growth in their loan book as well as interest income while SFL is just normal growth.

• Also both BLI & SFL have same amount of loan book but BLI earns twice as much as interest income compared to SFL, how come is a question to me.

• On the other hand both companies have similar amount of interest expenses but BLI finances its loan book mainly from borrowings which are supposed to be higher than customer deposits while SFL mainly finances through customer deposits. In fact SFL's deposit base is more than 100% higher than BLI. Therefore ideally SFLs interest cost should be much less than BLI but it is not the case, why is another question to me.

• BLI generates much superior ROE compared to SFL and BLI's share price also trading on the floor very aggressively compared to SFL. In fact BLI have very high negative valuation gap whereas SFL has a positive valuation gap. So comparatively BLI is expensive than SFL at the moment.

• So now my feeling is there is some thing wrong either in BLI or SFL. Now I will open this discussion for the forum members to express more views. In fact that will help to understand true state of affairs of this two.

27FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:15 pm

Harry82

Harry82

EquityChamp,

Why you compare OVER VALUED shares.(BLI and SFL)

Compare under valued share like LFIN CDB VFIN CFIN.....

28FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:18 pm

Harry82

Harry82

EquityChamp,
I think you have BLI and SFL shar.
You try to sell them tomorrow.

29FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:21 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH

Good Anzlysis..but Remember SFL or BLI not the best Finance Companies in SL..as well as in cse..These shares do not worth for investors as some other finance shares do..ex..LFIN.VFIN.CFIN.PLC..For the time being BLI or SFL will be good for trading like HVA..PCHH...Wish u good luck man..Need to learn lot about finance companies and Sector..simply you cant say borrowing cost is higher than deposit cost..It will change from company to Company..

30FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:23 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

Harry82 wrote:EquityChamp,

Why you compare OVER VALUED shares.(BLI and SFL)

Compare under valued share like LFIN CDB VFIN CFIN.....
Again wrong path.
Can you explain the answer as to how BLI report twice as much as interest income than SFL having the same loan balance?
Can you explain the answer as to how BLI pays the same interest cost similar to SFL while financing the loans through external borrowings?

Do you know how much of retail investors are into these two stocks because of unnecessary promotion through this forum?
And can you feel the sufferings of them if one of these two are doing a big manipulation?

I don't want to highlight undervalued finance companies in this post but I want to commence a discussion on my above concerns.

do you understand the gravity of this????

31FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:26 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH

It seems u suffer more than anyone else...

32FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:29 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

Harry82 wrote:EquityChamp,
I think you have BLI and SFL shar.
You try to sell them tomorrow.

I don't have these manipulated stocks. As a principle I am not into stocks like this. If you are not sure you can check if I have put any post supporting either one of these.

If you want to compare the relative valuations you can refer my post on 2nd tier finance companies published some time back. But please refrain from putting misleading posts.
Thanks

33FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:33 pm

Brinthan

Brinthan
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Don't fight with EC..guys..I read last several posts from EC..He is one of the asset in this forum...He is not promote this stocks..He just analyse this two conpanies...I know the people who are promote and manipulate stocks...
If u don't know about this two companies keep quite ...If u want to share your views for any other matter please open another topic which is realated to ur matter...

34FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:33 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH

If you have BLI sell them and do a proper Investment..

35FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:35 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

SLFINANCEWATCH wrote:It seems u suffer more than anyone else...

Now I understand the meaning of this Sinhala proverb. 'Unapuruke baluwalige dala thibunath naha ade arrenne'

its useless to have a discussion with people like you. People like you are always into your self. Koheo giyath thamanta wasi wena widihata thamai hamadema. useless.

But I believe there are some one who can understand the points I am raising here. Thank you Mr.Watch. Ps look after you LFIN,HDFC,SAMPATh, etc. And write about them on all the topics. Thanks.

36FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:36 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH

This is not a fight man..Why cant you compare a finance share with all other finance companies..

37FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:40 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH

Go ahead Mr.champ..Learn first...If u dont have enough knowledge to compare two separate sets of Financials and understand how it comes..how can u advice others..

38FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:42 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

As you ask you can read my post here.
http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t47159-its-time-to-look-2nd-tier-finance-stocks-befor-next-results-release?highlight=2nd+tier+finance

But my objective is not compare finance companies but to compare these two since these two are interrelated and influenced by the same group. if you guys still can't understand then sorry.com. You can keep arguing on the same.
Thanks

39FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:43 pm

Brinthan

Brinthan

SLFINANCEWATCH wrote:This is not a fight man..Why cant you compare a finance share with all other finance companies..
If u have time and knowledge u also can compare all finance companies..and please let us to know ..which is the best one to invest..If u don't do that keep quite...

40FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:44 pm

hiransilva23

Ayyo maraganna epa.Api balan inne wadagath dyak post karanakan.

41FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:48 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH

Good Night Friends..Happy Trading on Tomorrow..

42FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:48 pm

karuna

When I post bli equity champ blamed to me from something words over value like that . Now asking questions ?

IT'S TIME WASTE  FOR ME

43FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 10:48 pm

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH

Good Night Friends..Happy Trading on Tomorrow..

44FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:01 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

I sense the making of another Touchwood after initial screening of financials. and for the betterment of the majority did a detailed analysis and really find some useful content. But when highlight it here this is the response I have got. Thank you very much who participated. But finally I can sleep well because I did the best possible awareness I can do. The rest is in your hand.
Thank you.

45FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:04 pm

karuna

EquityChamp wrote:Thought it is good to compare these two companies since these two are subjected to very hot discussion in this forum. A summary of the comparison given below.

• BLI has shown a double or triple growth in their loan book as well as interest income while SFL is just normal growth.
  • Also both BLI & SFL have same amount of loan book but BLI earns twice as much as interest income compared to SFL, how come is a question to me.
  • On the other hand both companies have similar amount of interest expenses but BLI finances its loan book mainly from borrowings which are supposed to be higher than customer deposits while SFL mainly finances through customer deposits. In fact SFL's deposit base is more than 100% higher than BLI. Therefore ideally SFLs interest cost should be much less than BLI but it is not the case, why is another question to me.
  • BLI generates much superior ROE compared to SFL and BLI's share price also trading on the floor very aggressively compared to SFL. In fact BLI have very high negative valuation gap whereas SFL has a positive valuation gap. So comparatively BLI is expensive than SFL at the moment.
  • So now my feeling is there is some thing wrong either in BLI or SFL. Now I will open this discussion for the forum members to express more views. In fact that will help to understand true state of affairs of this two.

2014/159M 2015/16
BLISFLBLISFL
Rs mnGrowthRs mnGrowthRs mnGrowthRs mnGrowth
Interest income672143%         1,051 6%         1,546 207%            817 4%
Interest expense174110%            620 -7%            421 223%            444 -5%
PAT144125%27.5-67%            514 376%               84 307%
Deposits         1,066 95%         5,379 19%         2,025 90%         5,667 5%
U have a bli share otherwise why u posted as well u going to sell tomorrow .u mislead bli members  after u brought low prices now again going to sell.

Api dannathi kos gadi

46FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Sun Apr 17, 2016 11:15 pm

nimantha80

SLFINANCEWATCH wrote:Good Night Friends..Happy Trading on Tomorrow..
aniwa.

47FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Mon Apr 18, 2016 3:48 am

charith666lk

Unbelievably unethical uneducated jokers all over the place. .

48FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Mon Apr 18, 2016 4:04 am

Joe007

Dear EC,
I agree with you.

Long time ago,I wrote about the planned manupulation on the financial statements of SFL with proof. SFL is a good share but its credibility is completely zero because they have been doing manupulation for long time. I was criticised at that time but finally most of them accepted my points.
On the other hand, BLI is well known for manupulation because of the availability in the market.

Conclusion is SFL is better than BLI but both are very very risky and expensive comparing other shares in the sector.

49FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Mon Apr 18, 2016 6:12 am

Harry82

Harry82

BLI and SFL are very very risky and expensive comparing other shares in the sector.

Risk free shares - LFIN CDB , VFIN, CFIN...

50FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR - Page 2 Empty Re: FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:26 am

SLFINANCEWATCH

SLFINANCEWATCH

charith666lk wrote:Unbelievably unethical uneducated jokers all over the place. .

Laughing Laughing Laughing
Thank you Mr.Ethical, Clever , Educated Investor..
You are a real gem for this forum.
But i haven't see any analysis from you...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 9]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum