FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of MERCHANT BANK OF SRI LANKA & FINANCE PLC
by ChatGPT Today at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016

+7
ranferdi
kalu_mahaththaya
nimantha80
Bullrunner7
Miss-Sangeetha
EquityChamp
Brinthan
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016

POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 Vote_lcap52%POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 52% [ 72 ]
POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 Vote_lcap48%POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 Vote_rcap 48% [ 66 ]
Total Votes : 138

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

nimantha80

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

anyway EC told that just remember.I'll update this in near future when will be booming.

EquityChamp

What you were referring to one of my hilarious statement. We should have some level of fun in this blood spreading environment. Razz  Seeing blood everyday is not good for the health as well (mental)

Brinthan

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

EquityChamp wrote:
nimantha80 wrote:
EquityChamp wrote:
kalu_mahaththaya wrote:nimantha80 oyaa gena mata dukayi..kamak nehe ohoma karagena yanna...oyaa man hithanne eeye pereda thamayi mekata set welaa thiyenne...thaama oyaa " MARKET FEE" eka gewala nehe mage hithe...eka handa digatama ohoma hithaagena weda karanna...

You are correct as these fellows are idiots to buy stocks now. Blood is everywhere and we should stay inside our houses otherwise we will be caught by the police of uncertainty.
onna equity champge wada.index 6430 meya mehema kiuwa dan ithin pacha wenawa.ai 6400 enne naa.hikss
market up now.

According to kalu and most others who worried about government and the macro economic factors, we should not buy stocks now. Even if the current market PE is just above 13x or the ASPI still lagging behind the all time highs recorded for almost six years or even corporate earnings grow at a compounded rate of 15% we should not buy stocks because the market is so risky Then the index might even come to 4000 levels. That is how 99% of our investors see. But what will the other 1% think? There is the famous saying that when there is blood on the street somebody has to go to the jail. In CSE we saw lot of blood (meaning losses) and now who will go to the jail. Think and act.

Shares are always risky and that's why we call them risky assets. If you can't take the risk then you should not be here , simple as that. So this is for those who are still waiting for a direction to buy stocks and for those who sold the stocks at huge losses stressing macro economic uncertainties. I would say neither of you still not identified what is a stock market is.

I'll sum up saying it was the investors bought stocks under utter uncertain environment emerged finally as winners. There are plenty of examples. You can refer the world stock markets under the great depression and thereafter or world stock markets under Asian financial crisis and thereafter or world stock markets under American bailout scenario and thereafter. Or else you can refer Sri Lanka stock market before the peace agreement and thereafter or within the war period of 2006-2009 and thereafter. It has been a proven fact that the people are not fear to see blood have always been the winners in stock market. So its up to you to decide whether you are a real doctor or a fear patient.

Thanks
EC Sir What is ur advice for retail investors like us..If u expect big blood coming in near future...Can i sale my assets and can i quite temporarily from stock market and turn the funds to Fds...

Bullrunner7

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Yes should we Temporarily exit from the market and carry on later ?

stockback

The Central Bank is projecting Sri Lanka’s economy to grow at 6% in 2017

then they has to keep interest rates around 9-10% per one year bill.

GSP+ expect first half of the year. 

so far company profits up.  direction is very clear. after budget all political and other problems will solve...

will see......

samaritan

Chinese monkey "GEDA" predicts Donald Trump will win presidential election.
http://globalnews.ca/news/3048858/chinese-monkey-predicts-donald-trump-will-win-presidential-election/

Brinthan

Brinthan

Today Night I will announce the official results and u have another hours to vote keep voting guys....

Two days more for actual election.... Very Happy

samaritan

Brinthan wrote:Today Night I will announce the official results and u have another hours to vote keep voting guys....

Two days more for actual election.... :D
I don't want to vote b'cos in my opinion both are dead losses and uncouth. My sympathy to the people of US.

Brinthan

Brinthan

Now i close the voting.....No need to vote hereafter ...Thanx those who support this voting and express themselves..

Official Results
DR - 50% chance
HC - 50% chance

Total votes- 123 votes
DR -  61 votes
HC -  62 votes

Both have equal chances to win according to this forum ...
And HC lead by one vote then DR according to the votes..

Cheers...Advance wishes to DR & HC....Good luck..

kalu_mahaththaya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

kalu_mahaththaya wrote:NO ONE CAN STOP IT...DONALD TROUMPH IS THE WINNER...HOWEVER IT WILL LEAD THE WORLD TO WORLD WAR 3.......
I THINK MY PREDICTION IS CLOSING TO WIN...BUT I DON'T KNOW THE FUTURE OF THE WORLD AFTER THIS...I'M HAPPY TO SEE MY PREDICTION BECOME REALITY...BUT WHO KNOWS THE FUTURE...?

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

kalu_mahaththaya wrote:
kalu_mahaththaya wrote:NO ONE CAN STOP IT...DONALD TROUMPH IS THE WINNER...HOWEVER IT WILL LEAD THE WORLD TO WORLD WAR 3.......
I THINK MY PREDICTION IS CLOSING TO WIN...BUT I DON'T KNOW THE FUTURE OF THE WORLD AFTER THIS...I'M HAPPY TO SEE MY PREDICTION BECOME REALITY...BUT WHO KNOWS THE FUTURE...?

Your prediction of election is fine. But my question is how you predict a world war with Trump being the US president. I didn't heard or read any statement from Trump during his election campaign saying US should prepare to a war with any party.

kalu_mahaththaya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

YES..IT IS.. BUT IF HE REALLY TRIES BUILD A WALL ACROSS THE BORDER OF MEXICO...? (IT MAY JUST A QUATE) THAT'S NOT THE CASE..THE WAY HE THINKS...HIS IDEOLOGY REPRESENTS THE KOO CLUX CLAN OF U.S...PURE WHITE AMERICAN POLICY....HOWEVER PEOPLE CAN CHANGE...

kalu_mahaththaya

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

EquityChamp wrote:
kalu_mahaththaya wrote:

Your prediction of election is fine. But my question is how you predict a world war with Trump being the US president. I didn't heard or read any statement from Trump during his election campaign saying US should prepare to a war with any party.
By Michael O'Boyle
MEXICO CITY (Reuters) - Mexico's central bank is seen raising its key interest rate by at least 75 basis points on Wednesday if U.S. Republican candidate Donald Trump wins the U.S. election to become the country's next president, three economists said.
Trump, who has threatened to rip up the North American Free Trade Agreement and build a wall between Mexico and the U.S. border, was leading the vote against Democratic rival Hillary Clinton, according to media projections.
Trump's lead pushed the peso to a record low, falling around 13 percent and breaking the 20 pesos-per-dollar barrier in its biggest fall since the 1994 Tequila Crisis.
Three economists told Reuters they expected the Banco de Mexico to raise its benchmark interest rate by between 75 and 150 basis points in an extraordinary meeting on Wednesday if Trump wins. One of them said the bank could opt for a swap with the U.S. Federal Reserve depending how the peso evolves.
"It is going to be quite difficult to navigate through this," said Carlos Serrano, an economist at Bancomer in Mexico City. He said the central bank needed to act swiftly.
Serrano thought an emergency hike of at least 100 basis points was needed to help calm markets. If foreign investors start to dump peso-denominated bonds in a stampede for the exits, the central bank could hike again, he said.
Mexico's peso had already been one of the worst performing major currencies this year and the central bank has hiked interest rates three times this year in a bid to support the currency and keep its weakness from driving up inflation.
The bank last moved in September, when it raised its benchmark rate 50 basis points to 4.75 percent, its highest level since the crisis year of 2009, when the Mexican economy was mired in the global economic crisis.
Interest rate increases and interventions in the market have been Mexico's main tools to support the peso, which is down around 18 percent so far this year.
The bank was next scheduled to meet to discuss rates on November 17.
The central bank usually only changes its benchmark rate at scheduled policy meetings. In February, it acted without announcing it was having a meeting after a deep peso slump.
Gabriel Casillas, an economist at Banorte, said the peso could suffer for months as the market tries to figure out what Trump could do in office.
    "The worst part will be when we know the results and before the inauguration. Because of the uncertainty of what Trump could do, consumers will postpone purchases, companies will postpone investments," Casillas said.
    Casillas thinks a Trump victory could shave up to 0.3 percentage points off Mexico's gross domestic product this year. But things could look up once Trump is in office and he finds it harder than expected to unwind free trade with Mexico.

"I don't think Trump will do a lot of the things he said he will do," he said.

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

Trump will look to build the US economy rather than putting hand to other problems. If that is not done the US economy will be in a flux within the next 4 years.

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Markets in Turmoil...

World Markets

Asian markets finished broadly lower on Tuesday with shares in Japan leading the region. The Nikkei 225 is down 5.36% while Hong Kong's Hang Seng is off 1.95% and China's Shanghai Composite is lower by 0.62%.

Asian Indexes

[th] [/th][th]Index[/th][th]Country[/th][th]Change[/th][th]% Change[/th][th]Level[/th][th]Last Update[/th]
POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 MarketClosed Australia ASX All OrdinariesAustralia-103.90-1.94%5,238.3012:11am ET
POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 MarketClosed Shanghai SE Composite IndexChina-19.52-0.62%3,128.372:29am ET
POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 MarketClosed Hang SengHong Kong-446.67-1.95%22,462.804:08:34pm ET
POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 MarketOpen Mumbai SensexIndia-503.47-1.82%27,087.671:38:35pm ET
POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 MarketClosed Nikkei 225Japan-919.84-5.36%16,251.541:15am ET
POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 MarketClosed Taiwan TSEC 50 IndexTaiwan-274.23-2.98%8,943.2012:33am ET
POLL- Who is the winner of upcoming US presidential Election 2016 - Page 2 MarketOpenClosedKey

http://money.cnn.com/data/world_markets/asia/

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

nimantha80

Ahh ranfedi loka yudde mokoo.

ranferdi

ranferdi

nimantha80 wrote:Ahh ranfedi loka yudde mokoo.

My friend.. Loka yudde witharak neme mekath ekka ekatama tama risk eka gana kiwwe. Dan trump aapu nisa yuddayak athi weeeme awadaanama adui... ee unath conflict eka ehemama thiyenwa..

nimantha80

ranferdi wrote:

My friend.. Loka yudde witharak neme mekath ekka ekatama tama risk eka gana kiwwe. Dan trump aapu nisa yuddayak athi weeeme awadaanama adui... ee unath conflict eka ehemama thiyenwa..
kohomada russia ekka set wela ISIS unta neladdi

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

ranferdi wrote:

Ape kalu mahaththaya kiyanawa thappe badina hinda loka yudde enawalu Question

ranferdi

ranferdi

EquityChamp wrote:
ranferdi wrote:

Ape kalu mahaththaya kiyanawa thappe badina hinda loka yudde enawalu Question

I dont know what you guys think.. I read some news and was aware that there is US Elections, And some conflict situation in US Russia relations top on that Sri Lankan budget by favorite trouble budget RK.

Seen all these risks I sold my porfolio about 80% keeping only 20%.,

What do you think.. markets are coming down as of now,, will go further down.. So I am correct and I wanted you to aware of the situ that is why I posted everything..

D.G.Dayaratne

No difference in World Press and Sri Lanka press

General impression given by world Press has bee Hilary C would win

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

This is similar to 2005 Sri Lanka presidential polls. When Clinton focus on top class white collar votes Trump designed his campaign around middle and lower class of US society. He talked about loss of jobs, problems face by people due to illegal Mexico migrants, how to improve income levels of the masses. Clinton was on international affairs but didn't know how to win the hearts of those affected by the current economic affairs of US.

Brinthan

Brinthan

EquityChamp wrote:This is similar to 2005 Sri Lanka presidential polls. When Clinton focus on top class white collar votes Trump designed his campaign around middle and lower class of US society. He talked about loss of jobs, problems face by people due to illegal Mexico migrants, how to improve income levels of the masses. Clinton was on international affairs but didn't know how to win the hearts of those affected by the current economic affairs of US.
2005 or 2015.......?

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum