FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» SEMB SEMB SEMB RUN
by stockchaser Yesterday at 10:03 pm

» BOGA : most sought-after stock for next 5 Years
by samaritan Yesterday at 3:41 pm

» HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC
by Eranx Yesterday at 12:58 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by EPS Yesterday at 7:25 am

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:44 pm

» SEMB SEMB SEMB
by kanishkaecomm Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:21 pm

» VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC (VFIN.N0000)
by aathi Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:47 pm

» Market correction next week - Support level 7100
by Rational Investor Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:26 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Rational Investor Thu Jul 22, 2021 8:23 pm

» PALM should be above Rs120
by arun.cse Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:05 pm

» LOLC DEVELOPMENT FINANCE PLC (NIFL.N0000)
by SAGA Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:33 pm

» ASIA SIYAKA COMMODITIES PLC (ASIY.N0000)
by dayandacool Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:17 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Thu Jul 22, 2021 3:14 pm

» Don't Touch AAF.R
by Big Bull Thu Jul 22, 2021 1:46 pm

» SEMB the ASPH
by Big Bull Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:22 pm

» What are the short term profit stocks you are planning to buy on this Monday? (Only honest ppl please)
by Sihas005 Thu Jul 22, 2021 12:04 pm

» HNB Share Split
by Eranx Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:31 am

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by dayandacool Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:29 am

» SEMB - ASPH දුන්නා වගේ සමාන අවස්තා දෙන අපේ අවධානය යොමු විය යුතු සමාගමක් ද ?
by kalu351 Thu Jul 22, 2021 4:09 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions update
by Pradeep90 Wed Jul 21, 2021 4:52 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » For education purposes_Neta asset value vs mkt price

For education purposes_Neta asset value vs mkt price

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

noels

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@TARGET wrote:Thank you EC again. I think you can't get this kind of knowledge or education even for money. But the amazing thing here is all these valuable knowledge we are getting for free, but the expense of precious time of someone. (Here it's EC's time).  So  at-least we should show our gratitude for them.
Great explanation EC.. study
Thank you very much EquityChamp for sharing your knowledge
It's very useful.

PrasannaMani

Manager - Equity Analytics
http://www.sec.gov.lk/?p=10014

How  will this  have an impact on CSE?

bullseye

Thank you gents!!!! more questions in my head still running, will ask more questions. right at the moment studying again the valuation theory and trying to apply in practical (cse)

tkc

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Dear Equity champ,

Can you tell me how did you calculate GRAN PE ratio?

point

Laughing Laughing Laughing its market PE not gran

tkc

tkc
@point wrote:Laughing Laughing Laughing its market PE not gran
I know. I am asking here how did he calculate P/E ratio of GRAN.N. Clear?

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
@tkc wrote:

Do you think there is a different way that I can calculate PE? PE is calculated based on UAM.

Market price/EPS. EPS can be annualized, trailing or forecast. Don't think that there is a PE issue in this seriously.

point

point
@EquityChamp wrote:
@tkc wrote:

Do you think there is a different way that I can calculate PE? PE is calculated based on UAM.

Market price/EPS. EPS can be annualized, trailing or forecast. Don't think that there is a PE issue in this seriously.
i thought he misunderstand about your market PE as gran PE so i post it as a clarification. but it is not what i thought.

tkc

tkc
For me GRAN.N annualized EPS would be near Rs.19/= so P/E is 90/19 = 4.75x according to me. 

I don't know how did you calculate 13x. 

Please explain with the figures. I am trying to solve a confusion here. I am here after 1,5 years. So, I may forget all the stuff. Thats why. 

Please share the calculations with figures.

point

point
@tkc wrote:For me GRAN.N annualized EPS would be near Rs.19/= so P/E is 90/19 = 4.75x according to me. 

Please explain with the figures. I am trying to solve a confusion here. I am here after 1,5 years. So, I may forget all the stuff. Thats why. 

that figure is for index boss not for GRAN
TO calculate a sector (or index) P/E ratio you need to sum the market caps of the constituent stocks and divide it by the sum of the total earnings of the constituent stocks (including stocks that have negative earnings). There are no "per share" figures used in the calculation

tkc

tkc
@point wrote:
@tkc wrote:For me GRAN.N annualized EPS would be near Rs.19/= so P/E is 90/19 = 4.75x according to me. 

TO calculate a sector (or index) P/E ratio you need to sum the market caps of the constituent stocks and divide it by the sum of the total earnings of the constituent stocks (including stocks that have negative earnings). There are no "per share" figures used in the calculation

I thought he has calculated GRAN.N P/E. Thanks and rep added!

we need to do proper analysis and start buying wisely. This is a panic situation. need to identify good solid stocks.

cheers

DANIDU

Dear Ec,

Are you among of top 20 list of GRAN ? 

However, Thank you for your advice on the forum, I am still holding CCS, Thanks.

point

point
@tkc wrote:
@point wrote:

I thought he has calculated GRAN.N P/E. Thanks and rep added!

we need to do proper analysis and start buying wisely. This is a panic situation. need to identify good solid stocks.

cheers
can i ask a question
why you not here(actually i mean CSE as your word got by me) such a time. if you dont answer doesnt matter. just a personal taste of mine

tkc

tkc
I made huge profit with market boom around 600%. I exited from the market then I knew market will fall down. Then I entered again. But my gf died. I lost everything. It took around 2.5 years to recover. Hope you got the point. Now I am back seeing market at the bottom and going down.

point

point
@tkc wrote:I made huge profit with market boom around 600%. I exited from the market then I knew market will fall down. Then I entered again. But my gf died. I lost everything. It took around 2.5 years to recover. Hope you got the point. Now I am back seeing market at the bottom and going down.
story is a sad one please accept my sympathy, but you're great to recover too soon. hope will share your valuable ideas as much as you can.     Thanks

tkc

tkc
I hope to enter again to the market. we will see. Thanks mate!

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
I don't think there should be any confution wrt GRAN PE. My upgraded forecasted EPS for GRAN is around 25/- and at market price of 87/- the forward PE is 3.5x now. Sometimes this PE can come down to even 3.2x at the rate the market is behaving now. What a value on offer. Phew Rolling Eyes

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum