FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC (COCR.N0000)

+102
Equity Win
Sachira90
sureshot
KM
bkasun
econ
dakzsl
chandike73
M S L DIAS
kanishkaecomm
SAGA
ADAD
RajapaksaDON
vikiperera
SL-INVESTOR
sec
Gaudente
Wickyz
Eranga87
vijay singh
C.THARANGA
invest thinker
subash81
judecroos
KavinduTM
SUSPENS
suku502
kjojo
marusira
Ansen73
glad
Lucky Gamage
himesh
Eugine Fernando
monash
tkc
Pac-man
kasun333
podda2
Gallardo
ONTHEMONEY
anges
fadhlilham
trader7
PrasannaMani
sapumal
ShiraBoy
worthiness
Chinwi
Novice Learner
Football Star
kapifm
Maxime
sandunj
lal62
stockback
Gainer
vic19
m2_yapa
Brinthan
TARGET
Miss-Sangeetha
Ryan Hudson
hiransilva23
ruwan326
D.G.Dayaratne
cse.newbie
sandaruwantgs
whyzo
samaritan
Teller
troy
pfxavier
TIRAN712
newone
Beta1
VALUEPICK
fireshelter
nimantha80
seem
windi5
EquityChamp
Runnerx
Tissa
zoozzoo
RayR
buddhika.naween
Kinm hunter
SHARK aka TAH
chathu55
indi009
piras
opfdo
The Banda
hettdas
Harry82
Bolinger
san1985
kuma524
stoka
RPPA
EPS
106 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Go down  Message [Page 11 of 26]

261COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC (COCR.N0000) - Page 11 Empty Trading or investing in stocks Mon Oct 24, 2016 6:52 am

ruwan326

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

ruwan326 wrote:
stockback wrote:
TARGET wrote:Chinwi may earn. But he didn't promote it to sell his qty like you stockback.  What you think?  How many new comers may had loss due to your promotions those days..poor fellows. .

new comers are loss realized?

how do you say like that.

nearly 80% i can say correctly. some time we also getting problems. 

what i said. considering  technically and ACAP portfolio. if company doing something bad then i cannot get responsibility.

is that ACAP crap share?

how many people here promote crap CIFL. what i said dont buy wait until deal done.

but I am not that position to COCR. this year you will understand about COCR. that time dont forget my word.
If you take CIFL and COCR we both know CIFL is a crap...............
CIFL didn't singed a deal and there was no agreement to proof.........
COCR still in same way but we saw the agreement and they might sign it in the future.....

Some times you need to take risks rather than waiting to invest safely, if you waited till COCR deal to end it already reached 100/=+ and you can not make a good profit,but if you bought COCR before the announcement and if you can hold at 54/= ++ it is a good invest.

06:52:39 & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, so do your own research before investing and do not blame some one after you lost or invested on crap share

stockback

ruwan326 wrote:
ruwan326 wrote:
stockback wrote:
TARGET wrote:Chinwi may earn. But he didn't promote it to sell his qty like you stockback.  What you think?  How many new comers may had loss due to your promotions those days..poor fellows. .

what i said. considering  technically and ACAP portfolio. if company doing something bad then i cannot get responsibility.

is that ACAP crap share?

how many people here promote crap CIFL. what i said dont buy wait until deal done.

but I am not that position to COCR. this year you will understand about COCR. that time dont forget my word.
COCR still in same way but we saw the agreement and they might sign it in the future.....

Some times you need to take risks rather than waiting to invest safely, if you waited till COCR deal to end it already reached 100/=+ and you can not make a good profit,but if you bought COCR before the announcement and if you can hold at 54/= ++ it is a good invest.

06:52:39 & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, so do your own research before investing and do not blame some one after you lost or invested on crap share

according to Group Lease doc. they have sign a agreement. in that doc they haven't mention the date.

according to that agreement they has buy now. unless SEC OR SET not approved. I am sure this will be getting approval. 

COCR this level bcz of ASI. now Market P/E 13

I have involve to this type activities. 

example one company request P/E 10 for deeal. at that time share price and P/E =4.5
they have request 5.5 times of net Assets. 

my client request 25% shares. Company doesnt like to give that much

according to knowledge this deal is genuine one.

but CIFL not. 

ekathamai hari thanadi katha karanne.....

Chinwi

Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

stockback wrote:

according to Group Lease doc. they have sign a agreement. in that doc they haven't mention the date.

according to that agreement they has buy now. unless SEC OR SET not approved. I am sure this will be getting approval. 

COCR this level bcz of ASI. now Market P/E 13

I have involve to this type activities. 

example one company request P/E 10 for deeal. at that time share price and P/E =4.5
they have request 5.5 times of net Assets. 

my client request 25% shares. Company doesnt like to give that much

according to knowledge this deal is genuine one.

but CIFL not. 

ekathamai hari thanadi katha karanne.....

Is there any restriction, law or ethics preventing stock promotion while working in a broker firm ?

ruwan326

ruwan326 wrote:
ruwan326 wrote:
stockback wrote:

is that ACAP crap share?

Trading or investing in stocks
& commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility  Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy  not 06:52 ....

TARGET

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

stockbackata ninda yanne na 70 ta gaththa tika kage hari age gahala maru wenakam... lol!

stockback

TARGET wrote:stockbackata ninda yanne na 70 ta gaththa tika kage hari age gahala maru wenakam... lol!

I am ready to hold it  even one year time.

Time will solve all the problems.

but Crap ekak gaththoth baduma thamai samahara welawata....

mama kiyanne naha hama welema ehema wenawa kiyala. samahara welawata thami

TARGET

stockback wrote:
TARGET wrote:stockbackata ninda yanne na 70 ta gaththa tika kage hari age gahala maru wenakam... lol!

I am ready to hold it  even one year time.

Time will solve all the problems.

but Crap ekak gaththoth baduma thamai samahara welawata....

mama kiyanne naha hama welema ehema wenawa kiyala. samahara welawata thami
Like acap lol!

Maxime

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

PrasannaMani wrote:Ceylon Finance Today: Thai motorcycle leasing company Group Lease PCL yesterday (03) said that they had acquired a 29.99% or 95.3M share stake of Sri Lanka's listed Commercial Credit and Finance (stock code-COCR) for Rs 10,588,345,500 or Rs 10.5B.
The sellers will be BG Investments, Creation Investments and Stephen L. Lafrance Jr, they said. The selling price per share is Rs 111 and yesterday (3) COCR closed at
Rs 54.10 up Rs 1.40 or 2.66%. Group Lease which is a part of Japan's Wedge Holdings Co now has the right to buy the remaining 70 % in COCR if existing shareholders want to sell the stake, Chairman and Chief Executive Mitsuji Konoshita told an overseas joint news conference.

Commercial Credit and Finance (CCF) has assets of $500M, of which one-fifth is in the microfinance business, and expects a net profit of $22M this year, CCF Chief Executive Roshan S. Egodage said
Listed microfinance company Group Lease (GL) plans to collaborate further with CCF to strengthen its microfinance businesses in Indonesia and Cambodia after GL acquired a microfinance company in Myanmar from a CCF shareholder.
GL has recently signed a memorandum of understanding on the transaction with CCF to buy a 71.9-per-cent stake in BG Microfinance Myanmar, a subsidiary of CCF, from BG International Private, a holding company based in Sri Lanka owned by Roshan S. Egodage, who is also chief executive officer of CCF.

GL chairman and CEO Mitsuji Konoshita said the transaction would be made via GL Holdings (GLH), its holding company in Singapore. Egodage said he decided to sell shares to GL because of strict restrictions by the Sri Lankan authorities on capital outflows. GL's successful digital finance business model will contribute to BG Microfinance's rapid expansion while the GL finance model will be implemented in all other countries where GL operates, especially Indonesia and Cambodia, where there are enormous growth opportunities, he said.
CCF does not have a footprint in Indonesia or Cambodia, so collaboration with GL will provide the Sri Lankan firm scope to broaden its operations, Egodage said. Konoshita said GL was ready to inject $6.8M into BG Microfinance to have branches in 12 districts in Myanmar, up from only three now.
"We hope that BG Microfinance's portfolio will dramatically increase from $30M to $40M next year, and monthly profit should increase by 10 times from the current total," he said. Myanmar is providing a big opportunity for GL as it is an emerging market and only five players including BG Microfinance are there, he said. Furthermore, authorities are not giving out any new microfinance or hire-purchase licences. Therefore, it is a great opportunity for GL to expand its market share.
GL recently announced net profit in the second-quarter of THB 255.85M, raising its total first-half profit to THB 478M.
(IG)
GL has recently signed a memorandum of understanding on the transaction with CCF to buy a 71.9-per-cent stake in BG Microfinance Myanmar.

COCR Mandatory offer Announcement Still Pending and Highly expecting at 111.00

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani
Manager - Equity Analytics

http://www.set.or.th/set/newsdetails.do?newsId=14778709831250&language=en&country=US

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani

http://www.set.or.th/set/pdfnews.do?newsId=14779584022520&sequence=0

Changes as per GL

Maxime

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

PrasannaMani wrote:http://www.set.or.th/set/pdfnews.do?newsId=14779584022520&sequence=0

Changes as per GL

thanks for clear information,  COCR 74% takeover but mandatory offer still pending because of share holders approval any time this Announcement can come at 111.00

stockback

Maxime wrote:
PrasannaMani wrote:http://www.set.or.th/set/pdfnews.do?newsId=14779584022520&sequence=0

Changes as per GL

thanks for clear information,  COCR 74% takeover but mandatory offer still pending because of share holders approval any time this Announcement can come at 111.00

they are not taking 74%. 29.99% first time. maybe in future they will buy more quantity

if thy want they can go for mandatory offer buying another 32K stocks 

COCR is good stock better to collect at this level.

will see......

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani

News Detail

Date/Time 01 Nov 2016 17:28:46
Headline Notification of the acquisitions of shares in Companies in Sri Lanka and Myanmar (revised)
Symbol GL
Source GL
Full Detailed News Download Full Detailed News

ruwan326

ruwan326

PrasannaMani wrote:
News Detail

Date/Time 01 Nov 2016 17:28:46
Headline Notification of the acquisitions of shares in Companies in Sri Lanka and Myanmar (revised)
Symbol GL
Source GL
Full Detailed News Download Full Detailed News
Still working hard on COCR??????????? Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

EquityChamp

EquityChamp

EquityChamp wrote:For the benefit of all the investors I am publishing a brief financial forecast on Commercial Credit. This is based on last two years financials and Q1 16/17 reported numbers.

Rs Mn2014/15 FY2015/16 FYQ1 16/172016/17 FY (E)
Net II         7,255       10,225      3,003             12,270
Other operating income         1,030         1,346         219               1,615
Total operating income         8,285       11,571      3,222             13,885
Impairment & other charges         1,426         2,936         663               2,652
Net operating income         6,859         8,635      2,559             11,233
Total operating expenses         3,851         5,124      1,488               6,303
Profit before VAT         3,008         3,511      1,071               4,931
VAT on financial services            372            491         158                  690
PBT         2,636         3,020         913               4,240
Tax            442            691         241               1,103
PAT         2,194         2,329         672               3,138
EPS             7.5             7.3          2.1                   9.9
Price           50.4           42.5                  68.1
PE ratio             6.8             5.8                    6.9
Fuure valuation                    91.8

As per the above summary, COCR is estimated to report a PAT of Rs3.1 Bn for FY 2016/17 which is an increase of 35% YoY. Only the main issue I can see is a higher value of impairment and security losses that was doubled in 2015/16. Yet I am optimistic that the number will be slightly less this time but depends on the quality of the loan book. Other than that the rest of the numbers seems encouraging for a mid term investor.

Based on the forecasted earning COCR is trading at a forward PE multiple of 6.9x yet to a discount compared to sector PE. If we value the company using historical, sector and market PEs then the applicable price range based on 2016/17 projected earnings to be 62.2-133.2. The average comes to 91.8/-.

Also note that GL has expressed their confidence of COCR making a PAT of Rs3.2 Bn for this year and my forecast comes very close o that.

In conclusion, though the NAV 2/3 below the current price, the current COCR price of 68/- seems to be carrying a good intrinsic value for mid term investor who can hold for couple of months. So my recommendation is that prudent investors should try to buy this stock around current price levels or below should the stock falls further today and tomorrow.

Good luck

As illustrated with this analysis COCR is well on course to earn over 3Bn profit for this year. Q2 PAT of 693Mn and 1H 1367Bn. According to the valuations and growth projections 58/- is about 40% discount to its intrinsic value. A good AA+ investment grade stock when the market is so depressed.

Thanks

stockback

EquityChamp wrote:
EquityChamp wrote:For the benefit of all the investors I am publishing a brief financial forecast on Commercial Credit. This is based on last two years financials and Q1 16/17 reported numbers.

Other operating income         1,030         1,346         219               1,615
Impairment & other charges         1,426         2,936         663               2,652
Total operating expenses         3,851         5,124      1,488               6,303
VAT on financial services            372            491         158                  690

As per the above summary, COCR is estimated to report a PAT of Rs3.1 Bn for FY 2016/17 which is an increase of 35% YoY. Only the main issue I can see is a higher value of impairment and security losses that was doubled in 2015/16. Yet I am optimistic that the number will be slightly less this time but depends on the quality of the loan book. Other than that the rest of the numbers seems encouraging for a mid term investor.

Based on the forecasted earning COCR is trading at a forward PE multiple of 6.9x yet to a discount compared to sector PE. If we value the company using historical, sector and market PEs then the applicable price range based on 2016/17 projected earnings to be 62.2-133.2. The average comes to 91.8/-.

Also note that GL has expressed their confidence of COCR making a PAT of Rs3.2 Bn for this year and my forecast comes very close o that.

In conclusion, though the NAV 2/3 below the current price, the current COCR price of 68/- seems to be carrying a good intrinsic value for mid term investor who can hold for couple of months. So my recommendation is that prudent investors should try to buy this stock around current price levels or below should the stock falls further today and tomorrow.

Good luck

As illustrated with this analysis COCR is well on course to earn over 3Bn profit for this year. Q2 PAT of 693Mn and 1H 1367Bn. According to the valuations and growth projections 58/- is about 40% discount to its intrinsic value. A good AA+ investment grade stock when the market is so depressed.

Thanks

why director wife sold around 70.  I think that is dirty game.

or maybe some "dodu case"

deal will happen. now Group Lease has issue "Convertible debenture " to buy COCR.

clearly mention it on document. please go through this link and check. from this point selling pressure will go down. buying pressure will build.

http://www.set.or.th/set/newsdetails.do?newsId=14778709831250&language=en&country=US

anges

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

if its a gold mine better start digging

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani

THAI GL - EGM will be held on 06/12/2016 .

30/09/2016 Quarter ended Financials of COCR

https://cdn.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/1063_1478859542056.pdf

Last edited by PrasannaMani on Mon Nov 14, 2016 11:13 am; edited 1 time in total

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani

stockback wrote:
EquityChamp wrote:

Good luck

Thanks

deal will happen. now Group Lease has issue "Convertible debenture " to buy COCR.

clearly mention it on document. please go through this link and check. from this point selling pressure will go down. buying pressure will build.

In that link pls refer page 27...

1) Date, Month and Year of the Issuance and Offering of CDs
The Company is going to enter into the Investment Agreement for the Issuance and Offering of
CDs to Creation SL after the approval by the Board of Directors of the Company (the
Investment Agreement”), under which the Company will issue and offer the CDs to Creation SL
after approval has been granted by the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders No.
2/2016 to be held on 6 December 2016 and after all the conditions precedent in the Investment
Agreement have been fulfilled, including the approval for the Issuance and Offering of CDs is
granted by the SEC. The transaction is expected to be completed within March 2017...

Not that sooner .......isn't it?

stockback

PrasannaMani wrote:
stockback wrote:
EquityChamp wrote:

Good luck

Thanks

The Company is going to enter into the Investment Agreement for the Issuance and Offering of
CDs to Creation SL after the approval by the Board of Directors of the Company (the
Investment Agreement”), under which the Company will issue and offer the CDs to Creation SL
after approval has been granted by the Extraordinary General Meeting of Shareholders No.
2/2016 to be held on 6 December 2016 and after all the conditions precedent in the Investment
Agreement have been fulfilled, including the approval for the Issuance and Offering of CDs is
granted by the SEC. The transaction is expected to be completed within March 2017...

March 2017- kiyala koheda thiyenne.

Doc saying early 2017- in that case transaction should be January- February 2017

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani

stockback wrote:
PrasannaMani wrote:
stockback wrote:
EquityChamp wrote:

Good luck

Thanks

March 2017- kiyala koheda thiyenne.

Doc saying early 2017- in that case transaction should be January- February 2017

Hi stockback,

I was referring the 31/10/2016 Dated Convertible Debentures Accouncement In Thai -GL

I think Your are referring  Press release....on 14/11/2016

http://gl.listedcompany.com/news.html/id/554387

I don't know which is more reliable .....

GL Shows New Record-High Q3 Profits, Expects Even Stronger Growth in Q4

[size=12]BackNovember 14, 2016

Thanks to continuous expansion of its growing regional businesses, SET-listed digital finance firm Group Lease Public Company Limited (GL) has reported a new record-high net profit of 260.41 million baht for the third quarter ending September, which represents a whopping 73.29% increase from the same period last year.
This marks the eight consecutive new quarterly record-high profits for GL, which prides itself as the first Thailand-based financial services company that has developed a highly efficient digital finance platform now being used to support its business expansion into Thailand’s neighboring countries of CLMV plus Indonesia and Sri Lanka.
GL Chairman and Chief Executive Mitsuji Konoshita noted that the Q3 profits would have been considerably higher at nearly 300 million baht if it had not been for one-time fees impact from several acquisitions.
He added that these acquisitions – particularly the 29.99% stake GL acquired in Commercial Credit & Finance Plc (CCF), a leading and highly profitable finance firm listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange – will help raise GL’s profits to substantially higher levels beginning in Q4.
CCF has projected to make a full-year profit of US$24 million this year and GL will start booking its share of the profits in Q4 from its 29.99% stake.
The chairman of GL’s executive board Tatsuya Konoshita explained further that the Q3 profits were also dragged by about 40 million baht of interest expenses for a new batch of US$130 million convertible debentures (CDs) that were issued for subscription by GL’s strategic partner in Indonesia, J Trust Asia (JTA).
He said the results have shown improvement in all fronts, with the Cambodian operations continuing to be the star performer while the relatively new operations in Indonesia have, surprisingly, turned positive in this quarter.
A rough breakdown of the Q3 profits shows the Cambodian operations (which combine the regular leasing of motorcycles and agricultural machineries plus loans to SME businesses) contributing the largest portion of about 130 million baht, followed by Thailand operations (about 100 million baht), plus another 15 million baht each from the Thai subsidiary Thanabun and GL Laos.
On top of acquiring the 29.99% stake in the listed Sri Lankan finance firm CCF, GL is also mounting a full-scale expansion into Myanmar by taking over a micro-finance firm and partnering with local business tycoon U Aung Moe Kyaw, owner of Century Finance and the country’s leading liquor group Myanmar Distillery, to expand into a broad range of other financial services.
Raising more funds to support the company’s aggressive regional expansion, it recently decided to issue additional CDs totaling US$70 million in private placement (PP) – comprising of US$50 million to be subscribed by its strategic partner JTA and another US$20 million for an affiliate in Sri Lanka, Creation Investments Sri Lanka (Creation SL). Carrying three-year maturity, the conversion price for these CDs is set at 70 baht per share.
[/size]

stockback

what is your problem?

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani

stockback wrote:what is your problem?
What do u mean?

stockback

PrasannaMani wrote:
What do u mean?

what is your problem about two docs.

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani

stockback wrote:
PrasannaMani wrote:
What do u mean?

what is your problem about two docs.
When do think this deal will be taken place? First docs says Early in 2017 and within March 2017.

Latest press release says ''will help Raise GL's profits in sustainability higher levels in beginning of Quarter4.'' 
GL financial year end is December 31.

So what do u think..?

stockback

"CCF has projected to make a full-year profit of US$24 million this year and GL will start booking its share of the profits in Q4 from its 29.99% stake."

COCR 0 Q4 is (01.01.2017  -  31.03.2017)
I think they are talking about COCR Q4. that is Q1 of group lease.

still bit confusing thing. if so latest Doc should be trust.

maybe they have a plan to add book profit Q3- COCR profits into GL this year financial report.

will see.......

TARGET

still coming down with the weak market.  Anyway directors wife knew the game..Dirty games and they always win where poor retailers suffer all the time.

stockback

TARGET wrote:still coming down with the weak market.  Anyway directors wife knew the game..Dirty games and they always win where poor retailers suffer all the time.

I am waiting to buy this stock under this market best price.

next year first quarter will give good returns. I can buy 150K stocks. if i start i can stop falling this. but I am waiting for best price. then easily move.

Think BFL. BFL drop 240-120 level very short time BFL trade over 180 level. then 50% gain.

deal price is  111. level. earnings  are progressing further. then COCR trading 85-95 possible next year first quarters. if we can buy bellow 50 level then easily 75% profit in short term. 

I can see main share holder daughter collecting stocks. if they did this quarter also. then market liquidity is going down then easily trade over 85-95 range...

TARGET

happy to see your financial strength SB. But tell me why you chase cocr?   why don't you try apla or tkyo?

stockback

TARGET wrote:happy to see your financial strength SB. But tell me why you chase cocr?   why don't you try apla or tkyo?

RSI is very low. and clean buyer at 111. 29.99% stocks. that means COCR can trade over 85 level.

why COCR down bcz of Director Wife sold. when they buying no notice. this is dirty game. I am sure they will play vary well. I will go with them....

TKYO-- now huge selling from top holder.
APLA - is good stock but liquidity is not help to stock price. then players not playing with this stock

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 11 of 26]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 18 ... 26  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum