FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Ekanayake90 Today at 7:01 pm

» KOTAGALA PLANTATION PLC (KOTA.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Today at 5:58 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by Sunimal Today at 2:18 pm

» Construction activities records fastest growth in five years
by samaritan Today at 3:56 pm

» Leisure sector- KHL vs Eden
by samaritan Today at 3:44 pm

» Port City - Sri Lanka's Economic Trajectory
by samaritan Today at 2:34 pm

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by cwij5252 Today at 10:19 am

» Maharaja after long time
by Maharaja Today at 10:15 am

» Watch SPEN
by Tissa Today at 7:10 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by cseguide Yesterday at 10:06 pm

» Top Crossing Today
by SAGA Yesterday at 3:19 pm

» AGST is Next KOTA
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 2:23 pm

» LATEST: Join FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Discord
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 1:27 pm

» Try to Avoid Getting Sucked into Any Panic Modes While Looking for Opportunities. Stock market for beginners
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 10:51 am

» Top Foreign Trading today
by D.G.Dayaratne Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:29 pm

» Evergrande agrees deal to avoid default on key bond: Company
by RajapaksaDON Wed Sep 22, 2021 8:15 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:27 pm

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by Rational Investor Wed Sep 22, 2021 6:35 pm

» CABO -- “ The Investment Company ” under Land & Building Sector
by samaritan Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:45 am

» LOFC lofc
by stockchaser Wed Sep 22, 2021 9:52 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Abolish SAITM!

Abolish SAITM!

+9
naveen
thilankad
hettdas
reader
Eugine Fernando
Chinwi
omegaplus
skyfall
PrasannaMani
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1Abolish SAITM! Empty Abolish SAITM! Mon Jan 23, 2017 6:41 pm

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
[size=32]This is a headache when you are in Colombo or work...[/size]
[size=32]Government don't care but create many traffic.[/size]


[size=32]Abolish SAITM![/size]

Abolish SAITM! Image_1485166045-7aea83f1b1
Inter Medical Faculty Students' Action Committee (IMFSAC) today launched a protest march from Maradana to Colombo Fort, demanding the authorities to immediately abolish the South Asian Institute of Technology and Medicine (SAITM) in Malabe. Pix by Waruna Wanniarachchi
Abolish SAITM! Image_1485166072-f30842837a
Abolish SAITM! Image_1485166085-4bf23d3386
Abolish SAITM! Image_1485166102-760f45caed
Abolish SAITM! Image_1485166112-39d8ae9290
Abolish SAITM! Image_1485166122-8df5aa026a
 

- See more at: http://www.dailymirror.lk/article/Abolish-SAITM--122586.html#sthash.NRjbzZEL.dpuf

2Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Mon Jan 23, 2017 9:12 pm

skyfall


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
These students should put in jail.
Clueless. 
Even Bangladesh has private unis and Sri Lankans go there to study..!

3Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:09 am

omegaplus

omegaplus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@skyfall wrote:These students should put in jail.
Clueless. 
Even Bangladesh has private unis and Sri Lankans go there to study..!
These are students asking for better standard for Dr degree. Do you want to get medicine from a Dr who couldn't get A/L 65% for biology paper or from some one can't  pass chemistry  , but just become a Dr as they can pay? 
Look at what happened to indian medical collages...all over world no demand because os bad standards

4Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:52 am

omegaplus

omegaplus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Abolish SAITM! Dr10

5Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:44 am

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Why only A/L ?

We must check  'Shishyathwe pass da' , O/L science pass da, Gr 10 subjects , Gr 6 Health subject and so on to give clearance to somebody for medical education !


Human brain activate and work at different speed and capacity at different levels at different ages for each individual.

If someone can learn and qualify any subject at the age of 15, 30 of 50 he is qualified.  I know some children who excelled at gr 5 scholarship failed badly later. Those who fail in early stages may do well later.  

The head of SL international Engineering training institute where they train young engineers for more practical and productive life is a person failed to go to University . He did Bio subjects at A/L . Then shifted to engineering and years later got qualified as a charted Engineer. He failed to go to govt Uni not because of his inability. The only reason : the govt take few students form each District.

I have my cousin, working well and in a reputed way in Govt Hospitals, she never passed A/L s.
Her farther was in SL foreign service,  working in Australia and then UK when she was attending higher school.   She did different subjects than in our A/L , did lot of practicals in hospitals in those countries while going school and if our 'Gonthare' came to know they will start crying.  

Gonthare is funded by the businessmen who send thousands of people abroad for education. If private education thrive in SL they are going to lose millions. Just in 1 Uni in Russia they have 500 SL students at the moment ( as per their adv) . That is at least 100,000,000 income for local agents.


Abolish SAITM! Image_1485166102-760f45caed


පාරෙ වේලෙන්නෙ නැතුව ඉගෙන ගෙන පාස් වෙයල්ලකො . අනුන් ගෙ රෙද්දවල් හොය හොය ඉන්නෙ නැතුව​.  තමන් ට විතරද ඉගෙන ගන්න පුලුවන් ?
අනුන්  ඉගෙන ගන්නවට ඉරිසියාවෙ පැලෙන ඉරිසියාකාර ජාතියක්.

පයින් යන එකා බයිසිකලේ යන එකාට ඉරීසියයි.
බයිසිකලේ යන එකා මෝටර් සයිකලේ යන එකා දැක්ක්ම ඇස් රතු කර ගන්නව​.
මෝටර් සයිකල් කාරයො මරුටියෙ යන එකා දැක්කම ඌට ඉරිසියයි.
මරුටි පදින එකා ජපන්  සනියක් ළඟින් යනකොට ඔරවනව​.
ඒකෙ යන එකාට ඉස්සරහින් BMW එකක් යනකොට පස්ස රත් වෙනව​.
දුප්පත් එකා පෝසත් එකාගෙ ලමයි සල්ලි ගෙවල ඉගෙන ගන්නවට ඉරිසියයි.
ඌ ඉගෙන ගත්තොත් උගේ පවුල් පසුබිම හා ඉංග්‍රීසි දැනුම එක්ක අපිට තැනක් නැතිවෙයි කියා බයයි.

අපේ රටේ මිනිස්සුන් ගෙ  තියෙන මේ දැඩි ඊර්ශියාව හොඳින් විද්‍යානුකූලව ස්ට්ඩි කලේ CIA සංවිධානය​.
ඊට පස්සෙ තමයි ලංකාවට ගහන්න සුදුසුම අවියක් කර ගත්තෙ.  
රාජපක්ස පවුලේ දරුවන් කරන කොලු වැඩ පුම්බල අරන් අයිසින් දාල ප්‍රචාරය කරන්න මිලියන් ගණන් ඉන්වෙස්ට් කරල ජනතාව අතර තියෙනෙ ඉරිසියාව ගිණි තියල​  එය ​භාවිතා කළා එම රජය පෙරලීමෙ එක් ආයුධයක් ලෙස​.   එයත් සමගම මුස්ලිම් - සිංහල වෛරයක් ඇතිකර ගොඩ නගන්නත් මේ වගේම ආයෝජනය කලා. (අනිත් දුර්වල කම. )


 1988/89 කාලෙත් ජේවීපී එක ගම්වල තරුණයන් අල්ලගන්න මෙය එලිපිට භාවිතා කළ අන්දම අප හොඳින් නිරීක්‍ෂානය කලා. . උඹල සල්ලි නැතුව දුක් විඳිනව​. ධනපති යන් ගේ ලමයි සැප විඳිනව​. උන් ගේ ඉඩම් වල උඹල වැඩ කරනව ආදී ලෙස ක්‍රම ක්‍රමයෙන් ඉරිසියාව වපුරල අන්තිමේ පරම්පරාවක්ම වල පල්ලට යැව්ව​.  



නිදහස් අද්‍යාපනය යනු ඕනෑම අයෙකුට තමන් කැමති නීතිවිරෝධී නොවන ඕනෑම විශයයක් හැකි ඕනෑම ලෙසකින් ඉගෙන ගෙන සමත් විය හැකි නිදහසයි.
එම මානුශික නිදහසට කිසිම සත්වයෙකුට බාධා කල නොහැක​.


ජනතාව ඉගෙන ගන්නේ කුමණ ක්‍ෂේත්‍රයකද යන්න රජයක් විසින් නියම කිරීම  දරදඬු රාජාන්ඩු වල දක්නට තිබූ ම්ලේච්ඡ ක්‍රමයකි.  එය නිදහස් අද්‍යාපනය යන වචනය පවා දූශනය කිරිමකි.

නියමිත ප්‍රැක්ටිකල් හා විභාග පාස් වෙනව නම් ඉගෙන ගත්තෙ ලංකාවෙව​, කොළඹද​, සයිටම් ද​, බලු කිස්තානෙද වෙනි වැදගත් වන්නේ තමන් ඉගෙන ගත් දේ කිරීමේ හැකියාවයි. එම හැකියාව සමහර විට කොළඹ මෙඩිකල් කොලේජ් එකේ කෙනෙක් ට වඩා සයිටම් එකේ කෙනෙක්ට පිහිටිය හැක​. A ලෙවල් ලකුණු මට්ටමින් එය සොයාගත නොහැක​.

වෛද්‍යවරුන් වෙන්න හැකි රජය විසින් තෝරන කිහිප දෙනෙකුට පමණක් නම්, ගොවීන්, බස් රියදුරන්, ගුවන් නියමුවන්, පරිගනක ඉංජිනේරුවන්, සිවිල් ඉංජිනේරුවන් ආදී සියලු දෙනා රජය විසින් තෝරා ගත යුතුය​.

ලංකාවේ ජන සමාජයේ දොස්තර යනු  අන් සියලු දෙනාට වඩා ඉහල ආත්මයක් ලැබූ අරුම පුදුම ජීවියෙක් ලෙස සැලකුණ කාලය දොස්තර සංගම් වල වැඩ වර්ජන නිසාම දැන් අහෝසි වී ගොස් බොහෝ කල් ය​.  

6Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:38 am

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Yesterday I saw these wordings in FB

"When someone learning from their money who get  other people tax money for their education protest against Private education."

I don't know how ethical.But always our people think about our people not other people...

7Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:38 am

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
I can`t understand why these people are against SAITM, what gain Sri lanka as a country will get by closing SAITM, some bankrupt political parties such as JVP and Peratugami parties are behind this, Only few people who are supporting these parties are participating in these protests. most of the Srilankans are not against SAITM. these parties always oppose for every thing whether it is  good or bad., they never come out with a solution, MAY GOD BLESS SRILANKA.

8Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:27 pm

skyfall


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@omegaplus wrote:
@skyfall wrote:These students should put in jail.
Clueless. 
Even Bangladesh has private unis and Sri Lankans go there to study..!
These are students asking for better standard for Dr degree. Do you want to get medicine from a Dr who couldn't get A/L 65% for biology paper or from some one can't  pass chemistry  , but just become a Dr as they can pay? 
Look at what happened to indian medical collages...all over world no demand because os bad standards

No they dont ask for better standard for SAITM degree. They simply want to close it.
They have no clue how many students go abroad to study medicine. Even to cuntries like Bangaladesh, nepal, Tanzania etc.
How much money drain from Sri lanka per annum?

Rather stop SAITM they should force government to request tougher admission standards for SAITM students.

9Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:36 pm

skyfall


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Eugine Fernando wrote:I can`t understand why these people are against SAITM, what gain Sri lanka as a country will get by closing SAITM, some bankrupt political parties such as JVP and Peratugami parties are behind this, Only few people who are supporting these parties are participating in these protests. most of the Srilankans are not against SAITM. these parties always oppose for every thing whether it is  good or bad., they never come out with a solution, MAY GOD BLESS SRILANKA.

These people like frogs in the well.

10Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 12:58 pm

reader


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Dear Chinwi, Skyfall, prasannamani and all others please spend some time and read.. I think you will understand the real image of SAITM..

 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOMnhMZlJTUE1DOTQ/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOcDBJRlU5d1AzbUlWXzVOVnRnZGZPR2gxbkV3/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOTmhGLW1ya0thc1YtMG0yZWFMc0R4YWthNUVZ/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOMVVseFhJVmRZNXFvRHFSNk5mNG1Jcy1RVnA0/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOSk5pN2owZkd5WmM/view
http://www.gmoa.lk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/malabereport-eng.pdf

11Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 1:41 pm

reader


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

12Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:45 pm

omegaplus

omegaplus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@reader wrote:Dear Chinwi, Skyfall, prasannamani and all others please spend some time and read.. I think you will understand the real image of SAITM..

 https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOMnhMZlJTUE1DOTQ/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOcDBJRlU5d1AzbUlWXzVOVnRnZGZPR2gxbkV3/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOTmhGLW1ya0thc1YtMG0yZWFMc0R4YWthNUVZ/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOMVVseFhJVmRZNXFvRHFSNk5mNG1Jcy1RVnA0/view
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B-5I1TzwvAHOSk5pN2owZkd5WmM/view
http://www.gmoa.lk/wp-content/uploads/2011/11/malabereport-eng.pdf
Dear Reader, 
I dont think any one who screaming " Yes" to SAITM will bother to read any of this.

They think all uni students against private education. But the real situation is these crooks, corrupt politicians want to start a business make money from anyone even they don't have min qualifications  , its not a private education system to train proper Drs.
  The sad thing is even investors who supposed to look in to fact not understanding the real situation and danger here... How can we expect general public to do so? No

13Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:51 pm

skyfall


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@omegaplus wrote:

They think all uni students against private education. But the real situation is these crooks, corrupt politicians want to start a business make money from anyone even they don't have min qualifications  , its not a private education system to train proper Drs.
  The sad thing is even investors who supposed to look in to fact not understanding the real situation and danger here... How can we expect general public to do so? No

The very basic of a private uni is to make money. If someone denies that then that's an issue.
Private unis must go forward in Sri Lanka. Otherwise we will keep losing our money forever.

All the government have to do is regulate these university NOT close.

14Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:59 pm

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@skyfall wrote:
@omegaplus wrote:

They think all uni students against private education. But the real situation is these crooks, corrupt politicians want to start a business make money from anyone even they don't have min qualifications  , its not a private education system to train proper Drs.
  The sad thing is even investors who supposed to look in to fact not understanding the real situation and danger here... How can we expect general public to do so? No

The very basic of a private uni is to make money. If someone denies that then that's an issue.
Private unis must go forward in Sri Lanka. Otherwise we will keep losing our money forever.

All the government have to do is regulate these university NOT close.
Yeap 100%....Large amount of Money send to foreign universities. That's $$$$$$.

Standard of Private Universities should be improved and Government authorities Supervision is a must.
.

15Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:07 pm

omegaplus

omegaplus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@skyfall wrote:
@omegaplus wrote:
@skyfall wrote:These students should put in jail.
Clueless. 
Even Bangladesh has private unis and Sri Lankans go there to study..!
These are students asking for better standard for Dr degree. Do you want to get medicine from a Dr who couldn't get A/L 65% for biology paper or from some one can't  pass chemistry  , but just become a Dr as they can pay? 
Look at what happened to indian medical collages...all over world no demand because os bad standards

No they dont ask for better standard for SAITM degree. They simply want to close it.
They have no clue how many students go abroad to study medicine. Even to cuntries like Bangaladesh, nepal, Tanzania etc.
How much money drain from Sri lanka per annum?

Rather stop SAITM they should force government to request tougher admission standards for SAITM students.

Yes they asking to close it as this institute violate very basic of LAW and order of the country. It's not started within the law of the country and not followed any regulations.
 Poor man even can't  open a corner shop without a permit in this country and let this huge scams going on. If it's illegal , what should be done?
 Didn't we all ask for better government , law and order? 



Last edited by omegaplus on Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

16Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:14 pm

PrasannaMani

PrasannaMani
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@omegaplus wrote:
@skyfall wrote:
@omegaplus wrote:
@skyfall wrote:These students should put in jail.
Clueless. 
Even Bangladesh has private unis and Sri Lankans go there to study..!
These are students asking for better standard for Dr degree. Do you want to get medicine from a Dr who couldn't get A/L 65% for biology paper or from some one can't  pass chemistry  , but just become a Dr as they can pay? 
Look at what happened to indian medical collages...all over world no demand because os bad standards

No they dont ask for better standard for SAITM degree. They simply want to close it.
They have no clue how many students go abroad to study medicine. Even to cuntries like Bangaladesh, nepal, Tanzania etc.
How much money drain from Sri lanka per annum?

Rather stop SAITM they should force government to request tougher admission standards for SAITM students.

Yes they asking to close it as this institute violate very basic of LAW and order of the country. It's not started within the law of the country and not followed any regulations.
 Poor man one can't  open a corner shop without a permit in this country and let this huge scams going on. If it's illegal , what should be done?
 Didn't we all ask for better government , law and order? 
We expect something from every government but getting completely opposite of our expectations.

17Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:53 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
I glanced through two reports, PMC Report by Dr Ravindra Ruberu Chairman and JMOA report.

Both listed lacking elements of SAITM and  the first report recommend remedial measures.  GMOA as always highlight legal issues , contradictions with some acts etc.

There can be inadequate parts in their training or in legal approvals. Even in govt Unis we know how students find necessary knowledge.

As a country we have to see this establishment as an asset of the country.

Private companies are also assets of a country.

If you go to the Neville Fernando Hospital you can see how much money they have spent to build and maintain it. It is a huge hospital with all the necessary superstructure. I can't believe how they competed it and carrying out current services.
They also use it as a training hospital for SAITM students.

What we should do is help them to make it to the required standard. Not closing it down.

If GMOA  find any part of SAITM is insufficient to make a medical practitioner they should guide them to upgrade it.

The billions , services, trained personnel  are our money , our assets . Assets of Sri Lanka.

Destroying that huge effort is a crime.

Once I saw Coast Conservation Dept. demolishing a newly build very nice beach hotel closer to Hikkaduwa area. The reason was they have not obtained the necessary approvals from CCD.  They have only got the permission from local authorities.  The heartbroken  owner left the area or country with a loss of many many millions.
Then after about 1 year another hotel appeared in the same place.
No one demolished it. The reason was the new guys have obtained  the approval papers from Coast  conservation Dept. We have short sighted, mostly jealous people as authorities.


About A/L qualifications:
In Sri Lanka outstation students who come and study in Colombo can enter with low marks while students living in Colombo (or other cities) left out even they get higher marks.

A/L high mark system is just to   limit the numbers to National Unis. That's all.

There should be a way for others to study in their preferred fields by going abroad or doing online or attending local places , if they wanted.
In Medical, Engineering , Management Accounting , aeronautics, agriculture or any other field
a Government has no right to block the education of the people.

Note: Above is how I think.
I respect the rights of expression of others,  who are against SAITM.
Personally , I am against Indian ETCA but supporting Lankan SAITM.
I go with GMOA and any other organization who work against ETCA but work against them in SAITM case.  That is my freedom.

In politics also same. Even now I give my 100% support and know-how in a particular subject to design and implement a high tech applied .... work managed by some  'henchmen directors' appointed by this Govt. This is as long as the do good work for the country.

18Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:28 pm

hettdas

hettdas
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Most of the countries like China ,Russia,  India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Philipine etc have private medical colleges. Every year thousands of students pass out from those. But to practice in Medicine  in those countries they should pass  board exams of each country. That is the policy. So completely closing a University like SAITM is a foolish thing. If they wanted to do it they should have done it initially before recruiting 12 batches of students.
What I suggest Medical council is to let them sit EPRM exam(which is used to recruit foriegn educated Medical students) and select only  who have passed  written test & viva to practice in SriLanka.

19Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:53 pm

omegaplus

omegaplus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@hettdas wrote:Most of the countries like China ,Russia,  India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Philipine etc have private medical colleges. Every year thousands of students pass out from those. But to practice in Medicine  in those countries they should pass  board exams of each country. That is the policy. So completely closing a University like SAITM is a foolish thing. If they wanted to do it they should have done it initially before recruiting 12 batches of students.
What I suggest Medical council is to let them sit EPRM exam(which is used to recruit foriegn educated Medical students) and select only  who have passed  written test & viva to practice in SriLanka.
The problem they dont want to sit for the exam. If you do some researches you'll see same happened with Russian degree holders in SL. many of them couldn't pass Medical council exam after many attempts. 
why you push students to get a degree just because parents can affords if students not suitable?

20Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Tue Jan 24, 2017 10:54 pm

omegaplus

omegaplus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Abolish SAITM! Educat10

21Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:03 am

reader


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@Chinwi wrote:I glanced through two reports, PMC Report by Dr Ravindra Ruberu Chairman and JMOA report.

Both listed lacking elements of SAITM and  the first report recommend remedial measures.  GMOA as always highlight legal issues , contradictions with some acts etc.

There can be inadequate parts in their training or in legal approvals. Even in govt Unis we know how students find necessary knowledge.

As a country we have to see this establishment as an asset of the country.

Private companies are also assets of a country.

If you go to the Neville Fernando Hospital you can see how much money they have spent to build and maintain it. It is a huge hospital with all the necessary superstructure. I can't believe how they competed it and carrying out current services.  
They also use it as a training hospital for SAITM students.

What we should do is help them to make it to the required standard. Not closing it down.

If GMOA  find any part of SAITM is insufficient to make a medical practitioner they should guide them to upgrade it.

The billions , services, trained personnel  are our money , our assets . Assets of Sri Lanka.

Destroying that huge effort is a crime.

Once I saw Coast Conservation Dept. demolishing a newly build very nice beach hotel closer to Hikkaduwa area. The reason was they have not obtained the necessary approvals from CCD.  They have only got the permission from local authorities.  The heartbroken  owner left the area or country with a loss of many many millions.
Then after about 1 year another hotel appeared in the same place.
No one demolished it. The reason was the new guys have obtained  the approval  papers from Coast  conservation Dept. We have short sighted, mostly jealous people as authorities.


About A/L qualifications:
In Sri Lanka outstation students who come and study in Colombo can enter with low marks while students living in Colombo (or other cities) left out even they get higher marks.

A/L high mark system is just to   limit the numbers to National Unis. That's all.

There should be a way for others to study in their preferred fields by going abroad or doing online or attending local places , if they wanted.
In Medical, Engineering , Management Accounting , aeronautics, agriculture or any other field
a Government has no right to block the education of the people.

Note:  Above is how I think.
I respect the rights of expression of others,  who are against SAITM.
Personally , I am against Indian ETCA but supporting Lankan SAITM.
I go with GMOA and any other organization who work against ETCA but work against them in SAITM case.  That is my freedom.

In politics also same. Even now I give my 100% support and know-how in a particular subject to design and implement a high tech applied .... work managed by some  'henchmen directors' appointed by this Govt. This is as long as the do good work for the country.
1st we should understand where is the Problem?It is with the politician or so called government, and not with general public or government uni. students. Starting a university (specially a medical faculty) is not like starting a garment factory or something like that.The governing body for the medical education and medical practice in sri lanka is Sri lanka medical council(SLMC) so the SAITM should be strictly adhere to SLMC rules and regulations. But unfortunately it never happened. They never care about SLMC word or law or policy as they are having very strong political coverage(including current health minister) Personally i too not against privet education but it should based quality rather than money(profit)

22Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:29 am

omegaplus

omegaplus
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@reader wrote:
@Chinwi wrote:I glanced through two reports, PMC Report by Dr Ravindra Ruberu Chairman and JMOA report.

Both listed lacking elements of SAITM and  the first report recommend remedial measures.  GMOA as always highlight legal issues , contradictions with some acts etc.

There can be inadequate parts in their training or in legal approvals. Even in govt Unis we know how students find necessary knowledge.

As a country we have to see this establishment as an asset of the country.

Private companies are also assets of a country.

If you go to the Neville Fernando Hospital you can see how much money they have spent to build and maintain it. It is a huge hospital with all the necessary superstructure. I can't believe how they competed it and carrying out current services.  
They also use it as a training hospital for SAITM students.

What we should do is help them to make it to the required standard. Not closing it down.

If GMOA  find any part of SAITM is insufficient to make a medical practitioner they should guide them to upgrade it.

The billions , services, trained personnel  are our money , our assets . Assets of Sri Lanka.

Destroying that huge effort is a crime.

Once I saw Coast Conservation Dept. demolishing a newly build very nice beach hotel closer to Hikkaduwa area. The reason was they have not obtained the necessary approvals from CCD.  They have only got the permission from local authorities.  The heartbroken  owner left the area or country with a loss of many many millions.
Then after about 1 year another hotel appeared in the same place.
No one demolished it. The reason was the new guys have obtained  the approval  papers from Coast  conservation Dept. We have short sighted, mostly jealous people as authorities.


About A/L qualifications:
In Sri Lanka outstation students who come and study in Colombo can enter with low marks while students living in Colombo (or other cities) left out even they get higher marks.

A/L high mark system is just to   limit the numbers to National Unis. That's all.

There should be a way for others to study in their preferred fields by going abroad or doing online or attending local places , if they wanted.
In Medical, Engineering , Management Accounting , aeronautics, agriculture or any other field
a Government has no right to block the education of the people.

Note:  Above is how I think.
I respect the rights of expression of others,  who are against SAITM.
Personally , I am against Indian ETCA but supporting Lankan SAITM.
I go with GMOA and any other organization who work against ETCA but work against them in SAITM case.  That is my freedom.

In politics also same. Even now I give my 100% support and know-how in a particular subject to design and implement a high tech applied .... work managed by some  'henchmen directors' appointed by this Govt. This is as long as the do good work for the country.
1st we should understand where is the Problem?It is with the politician or so called government, and not with general public or government uni. students. Starting a university (specially a medical faculty) is not like starting a garment factory or something like that.The governing body for the medical education and medical practice in sri lanka is Sri lanka medical council(SLMC) so the SAITM should be strictly adhere to SLMC rules and regulations. But unfortunately it never happened. They never care about SLMC word or law or policy as they are having very strong political coverage(including current health minister) Personally i too not against privet education but it should based quality rather than money(profit)
Exactly....but for them it's like opening a supermarket....

23Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Wed Jan 25, 2017 11:01 am

hettdas

hettdas
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@omegaplus wrote:
@hettdas wrote:Most of the countries like China ,Russia,  India, Bangladesh, Nepal, Philipine etc have private medical colleges. Every year thousands of students pass out from those. But to practice in Medicine  in those countries they should pass  board exams of each country. That is the policy. So completely closing a University like SAITM is a foolish thing. If they wanted to do it they should have done it initially before recruiting 12 batches of students.
What I suggest Medical council is to let them sit EPRM exam(which is used to recruit foriegn educated Medical students) and select only  who have passed  written test & viva to practice in SriLanka.
The problem they dont want to sit for the exam. If you do some researches you'll see same happened with Russian degree holders in SL. many of them couldn't pass Medical council exam after many attempts. 
why you push students to get a degree just because parents can affords if students not suitable?
Government (SLMC)should take firm action to sit all private medical students  EPRM test whether they like or not to safeguard patients.

24Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:41 pm

skyfall


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Good posts by chinwi and many others.
Some cardboard patriots can't understand we drain million of $s every year due to studies in abroad. 

Some go abroad to settle but definitely not the students go to Russia or Bangaladesh..!

Why you people can't think its a good thing to have a private unit at home then we can keep at least some $s.

Close SAITM is a stupid idea that ANY government can think of

25Abolish SAITM! Empty Re: Abolish SAITM! Wed Jan 25, 2017 1:37 pm

reader


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
ලිදේ ඉන්න ගෙම්බෝ කියන එකේ අදහස තමන්ගේ සීමාවෙන් ඔබ්බට දෙයක් දන්නවද නැද්ද කියන එක මිසක් තමන් පදිංචි වෙලා ඉන්න තැන ගැන නෙවෙයි. වන්නියේ හිටියත් කොල්ලුපිටියේ හිටියත් London හිටියත් NewYork හිටියත් ලිදේ ඉන්න ගෙම්බෝ එහෙමමයි. 
මට මේක කියන්න හිතුනේ medcial faculty admission ගැන මේ දවස්වල අදහස් දක්වන සමහර අය. ලියන දේවල් දැක්කම (තමන්ට සල්ලි තියනවනම් එහෙමත් නැත්තම් වෙන රටක පදිංචිවෙලා ඉන්නවනම් තමන් සියල්ල දත් හැටියටත්, ලංකාවේ ඉන්න විශ්ව විද්‍යාල ශිෂ්‍යයෝ සහ අනෙකුත් අය ලින් මැඩියෝ හැටියටත් අදහස් දක්වනඅය) 
සල්ලි තියනවනම් doctor කෙනෙක් වෙන්න අවස්තාව වෙන රටවල තියනවා කියන එක පට්ටපල් බොරුවක්. 
ඇමෙරිකවේදී medical faculty යන්න ඕන නම් ලංකාවේදී වගේම තරග විභාගයක් තියනවා (MCAT exam). මේ විභාගයෙන් වැඩිම ලකුණු තියන අය විතරයි medical school වලට ගන්නේ. ඊට අමතරව undergraduate කාලේ තමන්ගේ GPA අගය ඉතාම ඉහලින් (බොහෝ විට 3.8 හෝ ඊට වැඩි) තියෙන්න ඕන. ඇමෙරිකාවේ private සහ state university කියල වර්ග දෙකක් තියනවා. state universities වලට ශිෂ්‍යයන් මුදල් ගෙව්වත් එවා පවත්වාගෙන යාම සදහා අදාළ ප්‍රාන්ත (states) වලින් මහජන මුදල් සෑහෙන ප්‍රමාණයක් වෙන් කරනවා. එතකොට තමන් හෝ තමන්ගේ දරුවා තමාගේ මුදලින් ඉගෙන ගන්න බව උජාරුවෙන් කියන ගමන් ලංකාවේ ශිෂ්‍යයන්ට අපහාස කරන බොහොමයක් දෙනාත් මහජන මුදලින් නඩත්තු වෙන අය. දෙවැනි බොරුව තමයි මුදල් තිබුනොත් medcial degree එකක පුද්ගලික විශ්ව විද්යාල වලින් ගන්න පුළුවන් කියන තර්කය. ඇමෙරිකාවේ පුද්ගලික වෛද්‍ය විද්‍යාල අතිශය තරගකාරී. මේ විශ්ව විද්‍යාල පැවතෙන්නේ අති විශිෂ්ට වෛද්‍ය වරු බිහිකිරීම මගින්. මේ සදහා ඔවුන් අනුගමනය කරන ක්‍රියාව තමයි පෙර කියූ MCAT සහ GPA අගයන් උපරිම ශිෂ්‍යන් තෝරාගැනීම. ඇමෙරිකාවේ සියලුම ප්‍රාන්ත වල පාහේ (කිහිපයක් හැර) පුද්ගලික වෛද්‍ය විද්‍යාලයකට ඇතුළුවීම, මහජන මුදලින් නඩත්තුවෙන වෛද්‍ය විද්‍යාලයකට ඇතුළුවීමට වඩා අතිශය අපහසුයි. ඒ මුදල නිසාම නෙවෙයි, නොහැකියාව නිසා. මේ පුද්ගලික වෛද්‍ය විද්‍යාල වලට ඇතුළුවීමට කොතරම් ඉහල ලකුණු ගන්න ඕනද ගැන බලාගන්න පුළුවන් http://medical-schools.startclass.com වෙබ් ලිපිනයෙන්. කිසිම දියුණු රටක පුද්ගලික වෛද්‍ය විද්‍යාලයකට අඩු සුදුසුකම් සහිත ළමුන් ඇතුලත්කර ගන්නේ නෑ. සල්ලි ගෙවල විතරක් මේවට යන්න පුලුවන්නම් ලංකාවේ දරුවෝ සෑහෙන ප්‍රමාණයක් මේ රටවල් වලට යාවි. හැබැයි සල්ලි නෙවෙයි ප්‍රශ්නේ. GPA අගය සහ MCAT විභාග ලකුණු. ලංකාවේ ඉන්න, හේතුවක් නැතුව පුද්ගලික වෛද්‍ය විද්‍යාලඕන කියල කෑගහන වැඩි දෙනෙක් මේක දන්නේ නෑ. තමාගේ දරුවා වෛද්‍ය විද්‍යාලයකට දාගන්න උත්සහ කරපු හැමෝම මේක දන්නවා, හැබැයි මේ දේ වහගෙන ජනතාව රවටන්න බොරු දේවල් පෙන්නනවා.වෙනරටවල පදිංචි උදවිය මේක දන්නවා වගේම තමන්ගේ දරුවට උපරිම ලකුණු ගන්න සියලුම දේවල් කරනගමන් ලංකාවේ වෛද්‍ය අද්‍යාපනය සුදුසුකම් මත කරන්න එපා කියල කෑ මොර දෙනවා.
http://medical-schools.startclass.com/

(This is from face book , written by very talented Community medicine consultant Prof. Suneth Budhdhika Agampodi) posted here with his permission..   

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum