FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Sell EXPO Buy EDEN sentiment changed to Exit EXPO Enter EDEN
by Bakkabwoi Today at 12:44 am

» Top Foreign Trading today
by D.G.Dayaratne Yesterday at 11:29 pm

» Maharaja after long time
by Maharaja Yesterday at 10:20 pm

» Try to Avoid Getting Sucked into Any Panic Modes While Looking for Opportunities. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:39 pm

» Evergrande agrees deal to avoid default on key bond: Company
by RajapaksaDON Yesterday at 8:15 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Yesterday at 7:27 pm

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by Rational Investor Yesterday at 6:35 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Equity Win Yesterday at 10:47 am

» CABO -- “ The Investment Company ” under Land & Building Sector
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:45 am

» LOFC lofc
by stockchaser Yesterday at 9:52 am

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 12:14 am

» DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC (DIPD.N0000)
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 12:11 am

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by stockchaser Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:49 pm

» GUYS LOOK IN TO JKH / JKL NOW
by Wickyz Tue Sep 21, 2021 10:54 am

» The stock market can be a great place to make money; it can also be a great place to lose money. Stock market for beginners
by reyaz Tue Sep 21, 2021 7:37 am

» LOFC LOFC LOFC
by stockchaser Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:49 pm

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by LHW Sun Sep 19, 2021 10:14 pm

» KOTAGALA PLANTATION
by reyaz Sun Sep 19, 2021 3:33 pm

» What is "Introductions" in Upcoming listing in CSE?
by Nandun Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:46 pm

» Glove stocks fall after Top Glove posts weaker 4Q results
by ResearchMan Sat Sep 18, 2021 1:37 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Profit Taking or Downward Trend

Profit Taking or Downward Trend

+9
sureshot
EquityChamp
worthiness
kovida
samaritan
Hanoifortune
nimantha80
reyaz
Agape
13 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:49 am

Agape


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Last 2 Trading Sessions have seen the mkt go down-Is this due to Profit Taking or the start of another dowrnward Trend?

2Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:57 am

reyaz

reyaz
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Clearly it is a downward trend. Its usually because of some panic in the financial market. In this case it was triggered by the news of imf head's arrival to SL. Either she has reached SL or is expected any time, either way such visit ends up with bad news

3Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:15 pm

nimantha80


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@reyaz wrote:Clearly it is a downward trend. Its usually because of some panic in the financial market. In this case it was triggered by the news of imf head's arrival to SL. Either she has reached SL or is expected any time, either way such visit ends up with bad news
clearly you are wrong.We are up and running again alien alien

4Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:43 pm

Hanoifortune

Hanoifortune
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@reyaz wrote:Clearly it is a downward trend. Its usually because of some panic in the financial market. In this case it was triggered by the news of imf head's arrival to SL. Either she has reached SL or is expected any time, either way such visit ends up with bad news

FC*K

5Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed Apr 26, 2017 12:49 pm

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
@reyaz wrote:Clearly it is a downward trend. Its usually because of some panic in the financial market. In this case it was triggered by the news of imf head's arrival to SL. Either she has reached SL or is expected any time, either way such visit ends up with bad news
Not this time around. Also market is not exhibiting any clear trend.


_________________




The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

6Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:36 pm

kovida

kovida
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@reyaz wrote:Clearly it is a downward trend. Its usually because of some panic in the financial market. In this case it was triggered by the news of imf head's arrival to SL. Either she has reached SL or is expected any time, either way such visit ends up with bad news
He might have had a good dream

7Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:56 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
A personal belief or judgment that is not founded on proof or certainty is always prejudiced.

8Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed Apr 26, 2017 10:38 pm

EquityChamp

EquityChamp
Moderator
Moderator
My view is market is entering into a consolidation phase. Once it move within a certain thin band around 6,500 and the RSI cool down towards 65 or 60 then again it will try ro reach 6,700 or closer nest month.

9Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Tue May 30, 2017 12:12 pm

reyaz

reyaz
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Why is it that you think that the market doesn't have a clear trend? Cant you see? When the GSP + was given back to Sri Lanka the market was bullish. Now the market is bear again because news is, there not much of Europe left

10Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Tue May 30, 2017 12:21 pm

sureshot

sureshot
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
As usual @ CSE , Month end clearance sale  santa

11Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Tue May 30, 2017 1:03 pm

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Our utmost sympathy for flood victims.

Market had shown clear trend before the catastrophe, torrential precipitation & devastation had in last week.
Weather forecast is still in red. Also profit taking/month end clearance moves on. Country is an alert situation where investors are stepped back. Now the time for the entrance of sidelined retailers to grab discounted shares.

12Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Tue May 30, 2017 2:02 pm

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Local investors are fools in general. NOT ALL

Some anti market people try to spread rumors even about  GSP +

All fools will understand in the long run

Market will go up Pl see the behavior of foreign investors

13Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Tue May 30, 2017 5:07 pm

anges


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
hmmmmmmmmmmmm! floods,money printing ,debt trap and people advicing to buy shares ! investors are well informed ! foreign investors may know something we dont

14Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Tue May 30, 2017 5:24 pm

nirowat


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
I am not sure how well informed investors in CSE is but the manupulators and previous gov ministers front men were well informed

I agree that the economy is still ill, lot of haggling in the political front and ofcourse the floods all are big dampeners of growth hence the market will come down

The upturn and the bullish sentiment seen with the foreign buying was good. Foreign buying was due to the fact that large funds had indicators pointing to invest in emerging markets and some money flowed to CSE as well. They bought selected stocks not because they knew something we didn't but they were the best to invest with the allocated money in SL.

No matter what they will make profit eventually and leave as their indicators signal to exit

We must learn from them and not put our hard earned money in crap shares hoping that the gossip will become reality. Those days of pump and dump are gone with the previous regime, get over it

Invest in value stocks and even in this bad weather you will win over the medium to long term

15Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Tue May 30, 2017 9:21 pm

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
I also agree invest in value stocks time of govt manipulation has been over after 2015 Jan.

Privet sector manipulation of MR supporters also week
now

Noe we have  stock maker indicator which reflect real level of economy and management of govt

World best stock market was real manipulation of Nivard Cabral and crowd

How it has come to this level with in short period if not Manipulation ? It was not sustainable growth

Think Think and Think

Then you will get the answer

16Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Tue May 30, 2017 10:58 pm

kovida

kovida
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@nirowat wrote:I am not sure how well informed investors in CSE is but the manupulators and previous gov ministers front men were well informed

I agree that the economy is still ill, lot of haggling in the political front and ofcourse the floods all are big dampeners of growth hence the market will come down

The upturn and the bullish sentiment seen with the foreign buying was good. Foreign buying was due to the fact that large funds had indicators pointing to invest in emerging markets and some money flowed to CSE as well. They bought selected stocks not because they knew something we didn't but they were the best to invest with the allocated money in SL.

No matter what they will make profit eventually and leave as their indicators signal to exit

We must learn from them and not put our hard earned money in crap shares hoping that the gossip will become reality. Those days of pump and dump are gone with the previous regime, get over it

Invest in value stocks and even in this bad weather you will win over the medium to long term
I agree with most of the points highlighted .At the same time world Stock Markets aroud us are appreciating at an unexected rate. See Indexes of Hanseng,Bse,Nikke,Dow etc. and it looks that our Market is now becoming cheap for them.
Apart from that  there are so many plus factors as well
Colombo Port City
GSP+
Hambantota Port City 
Present Gov.'s Business Frendly Decisions
Plans for reduction of Budget Deficit
Increasing the Gov.Revenue through new taxes
Reduction of Interest rates  etc.

17Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed May 31, 2017 6:53 am

soileconomy

soileconomy
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:I also agree invest in value stocks time of govt manipulation has been over after 2015 Jan.

Privet sector manipulation of MR supporters also week
now

Noe we have  stock maker indicator which reflect real level of economy and management of govt

World best stock market was real manipulation of Nivard Cabral and crowd

How it has come to this level with in short period if not Manipulation ? It was not sustainable growth

Think Think and Think

Then you will get the answer
It is the common slogan of the present government members. If market is down it is because of previous rulers if it is up that is because of present government prudent action. Now people are fed up of this types statements

18Profit Taking or Downward Trend Empty Re: Profit Taking or Downward Trend Wed May 31, 2017 2:01 pm

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Upward trend or downward trend  mainly depend on management of economy and expectation of investors AS NO GOVERNMENT MANIPULATION at present you can see real position economy

But during last govt time market was manipulated using public funds  for personal benefits and BORU SHOW
That is why Sri Lanka became word best stock market
It is like Ravi K became Best Finance Minister of Asia

Our fellows know how to mislead SUDDAS

It appears that Social Economy mis understood what i said



Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Wed May 31, 2017 2:03 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add more)

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum