FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by Equity Win Today at 2:17 pm

» SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC (SLTL.N0000)
by sureshot Today at 7:42 am

» Construction Sector Boom with Purchasing manager's indices
by rukshan1234 Yesterday at 11:24 pm

» Asha Securities and Asia Securities Target AEL (Access Enginnering PLC )
by Anushka Perz Wed Apr 17, 2024 10:30 pm

» Sri Lanka: China EXIM Bank Debt Moratorium to End in April 2024
by DeepFreakingValue Tue Apr 16, 2024 11:22 pm

» Uncertainty over impending elections could risk Lanka’s economic recovery: ADB
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:47 pm

» Sri Lanka's Debt Restructuring Hits Roadblock with Bondholders
by God Father Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:42 pm

» BROWN'S INVESTMENTS SHOULD CONSIDER BUYING BITCOIN
by ADVENTUS Mon Apr 15, 2024 12:48 pm

» Bank run leading the way in 2024
by bkasun Sun Apr 14, 2024 3:21 pm

» ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC (AEL) Will pass IPO Price of Rs 25 ?????
by blindhog Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:44 am

» ASPI: Undoing GR/Covid19!
by DeepFreakingValue Thu Apr 11, 2024 10:25 am

» Learn CSE Rules and Regulations with the help of AI Assistant
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:47 am

» Top AI tools in Sri Lanka
by ChatGPT Tue Apr 09, 2024 7:21 am

» HDFC- Best ever profit reported in 2023
by ApolloCSE Mon Apr 08, 2024 12:43 pm

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:41 pm

» KEGALLE PLANTATIONS PLC (KGAL.N0000)
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 2:04 pm

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC - Reports LKR 625mn loss for the FY2023
by DeepFreakingValue Fri Apr 05, 2024 12:58 pm

» EXTERMINATORS PLC (EXT.N0000)
by ErangaDS Fri Apr 05, 2024 10:59 am

» ALLIANCE FINANCE COMPANY PLC (ALLI.N0000)
by SL-INVESTOR Fri Apr 05, 2024 8:29 am

» PEOPLE'S INSURANCE PLC (PINS.N0000)
by Anushka Perz Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:50 pm

» PINS (People's Insurance) will be another UAL
by sakuni Thu Apr 04, 2024 8:22 pm

» A New Record Price for One Tonne of Cocoa on the International Market
by ResearchMan Thu Apr 04, 2024 2:03 pm

» Access Engineering awarded two more contract packages at Colombo Port
by samansilva Thu Apr 04, 2024 12:05 pm

» FMCG Sector LMF, MEL and DIST
by buwr Thu Apr 04, 2024 9:35 am

» CEYLON GUARDIAN INVESTMENT TRUST PLC (GUAR)
by soileconomy Thu Apr 04, 2024 3:00 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

Less number of application for Vallibal One

+11
mark
Prince
stoka
milanka
dinusha.kiwulegedara
econ
chamith
kam2011
Fresher
RIO
rijayasooriya
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

A broker from CT smith told that there is less number of application(1/4 of UBC) for Vallibal One....?
Anyone have idea....?

RIO

RIO
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

rijayasooriya wrote:A broker from CT smith told that there is less number of application(1/4 of UBC) for Vallibal One....?
Anyone have idea....?

No point of comparing no of applications...check for number of shares subscription...! & not, All have not submitted their applications yet, was waiting till tomorrow as the Issuer has the priviladge to amend the Prospectus till today afternoon....! I alone apply in multiple applications in different CDS accounts & will be submitted tomorrow ( through Relatives A/cs)...& today is the last day for collection of employee subscription applications ( as I had info from Sampath almost all employees are applying & the lowest was around 500 number of shares as I heard, then LFIN RCL, VFIN..etc etc) so just see the number of applications & total number of over subscription tomorrow afternoon...! Very Happy VONE will be a winning One...!

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

RIO wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:A broker from CT smith told that there is less number of application(1/4 of UBC) for Vallibal One....?
Anyone have idea....?

No point of comparing no of applications...check for number of shares subscription...! & not, All have not submitted their applications yet, was waiting till tomorrow as the Issuer has the priviladge to amend the Prospectus till today afternoon....! I alone apply in multiple applications in different CDS accounts & will be submitted tomorrow ( through Relatives A/cs)...& today is the last day for collection of employee subscription applications ( as I had info from Sampath almost all employees are applying & the lowest was around 500 number of shares as I heard, then LFIN RCL, VFIN..etc etc) so just see the number of applications & total number of over subscription tomorrow afternoon...! Very Happy VONE will be a winning One...!
This will be massively oversubscriped.....Then number of application will be main decisive factor for minimum amount offered.....That is what I am looking for

Fresher

1/4 of UBC is an extremely large number.
and it maybe from only that broker's clients

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

npp wrote:1/4 of UBC is an extremely large number.
and it maybe from only that broker's clients
I mean 1/4 of UBC applications which is around 15000.....I am sure that CT smith has not got such number of clients.

kam2011

DEAR FRIENDS, No question about it. This will be oversubscribed heavily.
Many superb companies including RCL,LFIN,VALIBEL F,VALIBEL POWER, AMAYA and DELMAGE too come under this Holding and therefore very much attractive.

chamith

chamith
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

I wonder if there will be any advantage when applied in employee category. There are many employees (SAMP, LFIN, RCL) come under employee category and only 10% is allocated for them. when as retailers get 40%. But last time for UBC only arond 350 employees apply as i remember.

econ

econ
Global Moderator

may be it is true. because ordinery people are not familier with the name of vallibelone. unionbank or softlogic are known by many people compare with vallibelone.

dinusha.kiwulegedara

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hay all...

I wonder about poor CT smith Broker... Dont you forget that Mr d Perera is owning & playing major part of this share.!! .... will see what will happen...

Good Luck

milanka

milanka
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

A newspaper advertisement by vallibel one in todays paper says its oversubscribed.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/u188

RIO

RIO

rijayasooriya wrote:
This will be massively oversubscriped.....Then number of application will be main decisive factor for minimum amount offered.....That is what I am looking for

Brother you have smistaken...No ..number of applicatuions are not subjected for the % of allotment of shares...the Total Number of shares applied under each catogery is the factor considered for deciding the % of share allocation....

stoka

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Does the private placement goes under 'lock in rule'?

RIO

RIO

stoka wrote:Does the private placement goes under 'lock in rule'?

No...its not under Lock in Rule...

rijayasooriya

rijayasooriya

RIO wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

Brother you have smistaken...No ..number of applicatuions are not subjected for the % of allotment of shares...the Total Number of shares applied under each catogery is the factor considered for deciding the % of share allocation....
Still u can't take get my point friend.....I am talking about minimum amount offered.....
If there is 60000 applications most probably we will get 100 shares...but if it is 15000 applications minimum amount MAY BE 200 or 300.

RIO

RIO

rijayasooriya wrote:
RIO wrote:
rijayasooriya wrote:

Still u can't take get my point friend.....I am talking about minimum amount offered.....
If there is 60000 applications most probably we will get 100 shares...but if it is 15000 applications minimum amount MAY BE 200 or 300.

Oki....I like to learn your new system of allocation...

Say an IPO for 20,000 shares & received 5 applications as follows
1 - 2000
2 - 2000
3 - 3000
4 - 5000
5 - 8000

Pls explain your calc marvels....! the minimum allotments depending Number of applications as you firmly says...

Offer 20,000 /5 applications = 4000 minimum....! Very Happy

Prince

Prince

well can I make a point here.

I guess everybody knows that VONE will be oversubscribed heavily and no one to get more than 100 shares. So without doing any fancy work collecting from the secondary market is the best option for a real investor.

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

I went to PABC today,oh there was people with bundles of applications.......
seems i would be unable to get my quota in full Sad

econ

econ
Global Moderator

one of a new strategy of our lankan companies is to give small number of shares to retailers at IPO and give large quantitiies as PP before the IPO.
then they can increase the demand for shares and get massive profit by selling thier holdings at the initial day.
this ia another good example of exploiting retailers by lankan big companies.

Why SEC do not take anything regarding the number of shares companies offer at IPO and PP before the IPO?

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

econ wrote:one of a new strategy of our lankan companies is to give small number of shares to retailers at IPO and give large quantitiies as PP before the IPO.
then they can increase the demand for shares and get massive profit by selling thier holdings at the initial day.

Why SEC do not take anything regarding the number of shares companies offer at IPO and PP before the IPO?

exactly........agree,in any IPO even in soflogic or expo,if you can issue limited number of shares,then price will fly in first day trading.its all depending on liquidity,see ppl wont get much on VOL,so prices will fly........

smallville

smallville
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics

mark wrote:
econ wrote:one of a new strategy of our lankan companies is to give small number of shares to retailers at IPO and give large quantitiies as PP before the IPO.

exactly........agree,in any IPO even in soflogic or expo,if you can issue limited number of shares,then price will fly in first day trading.its all depending on liquidity,see ppl wont get much on VOL,so prices will fly........

Being a bank, and with 100 shares to most of the small fella, UBC didnt run as expected so I dont think its the number that counts, its the ability of the big fellas to push up the price for them to drop on poor retailers.
Surely we all will sell this with a 25% gain even cuz we're getting very smaaaaaalllllllll amt, then big fella will buy from us and sell it even higher.. Thinking that it wud go more we'll buy again.. and the rest of the story is cyclical Wink

econ

econ
Global Moderator

smallville wrote:
mark wrote:

Being a bank, and with 100 shares to most of the small fella, UBC didnt run as expected so I dont think its the number that counts, its the ability of the big fellas to push up the price for them to drop on poor retailers.
Surely we all will sell this with a 25% gain even cuz we're getting very smaaaaaalllllllll amt, then big fella will buy from us and sell it even higher.. Thinking that it wud go more we'll buy again.. and the rest of the story is cyclical Wink

UBC started at 45 . price increase from 25 to 45 just because of small quantity they issue at IPO.then big fellows sold it with a massive profit. prices come down due to that.
same thing may happen with vallibel. then big guys can sell thier large quantities at higher price than IPO price.
regulators should regulate the number of shares that issue in the private placements and IPO. there should be fair allocation between private placement and IPO.

these big fellows try to create artificial demand for their shares and earn massive profit at initial day of IPO using this private placements.

m2_yapa

m2_yapa

i even did not try to lock my money for two weeks it is better to buy from secondary market May 2012

Academic

econ wrote:
smallville wrote:
mark wrote:

UBC started at 45 . price increase from 25 to 45 just because of small quantity they issue at IPO.then big fellows sold it with a massive profit. prices come down due to that.
same thing may happen with vallibel. then big guys can sell thier large quantities at higher price than IPO price.
regulators should regulate the number of shares that issue in the private placements and IPO. there should be fair allocation between private placement and IPO.

these big fellows try to create artificial demand for their shares and earn massive profit at initial day of IPO using this private placements.

This can be eliminated, partially, if retailers value the share or be educated of fair value before purchasing it. For example retailers had not bought UBC and SFIN at huge premiums, if assessed/ knew fair value of them. The sad story is that (some?) brokers who are supposed to advice their clients on fair-value of investments, use their retail clientele to support so called HNWI and institutional clients. Crying or Very sad

"Watath niyarath goyam kanam, kata kiyannada ae amaruwa" (if protectors become vandals ...)

Another solution is that regulators can prohibit double recommendations (at least for IPO first week trading). That is, a broker can't simultaneously buy for many in small volumes and sell for few in large volumes. I know this suggestion is controversial and challenging in implementing. But this is just a food for thought.

Hiru

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

I believe that most of the retailers applied for 500 or below thinking that they will not receive even what they applied, but I had a different idea an applied for 4000 shares in my personal account and another 500x2 using my relatives accounts (You may ask why I did not split 5000 evenly(rounded as necessary) between three accounts-simple answer is other two accounts are maintained only with IPO shares with long term perspective, therefore I do not like to tie much cash up there).

My view is based on following things;
1. Most of the retailers are not familiar with VOne name;
2. Most of them are not from Colombo and support above 1;
3. Most retailers have no free cash flow to apply for IPOs as there losses are mounting due to the decreasing value of their portfolios;
4. Retailers expect to get first day gains and recent experience are not good;
5. Browns is more known to retailers from outside Colombo and Rs 5 is preferred to Rs 25.
6. Retailers can apply for 5 times more from Browns and risk of loosing on the first day is lesser.
8. Browns offer 2.5 times shares.

Due to these reasons I am confident that I will receive above 3000 shares.

Academic

Hiru wrote:I believe that most of the retailers applied for 500 or below thinking that they will not receive even what they applied, but I had a different idea an applied for 4000 shares in my personal account and another 500x2 using my relatives accounts (You may ask why I did not split 5000 evenly(rounded as necessary) between three accounts-simple answer is other two accounts are maintained only with IPO shares with long term perspective, therefore I do not like to tie much cash up there).

My view is based on following things;
1. Most of the retailers are not familiar with VOne name;
2. Most of them are not from Colombo and support above 1;
3. Most retailers have no free cash flow to apply for IPOs as there losses are mounting due to the decreasing value of their portfolios;
4. Retailers expect to get first day gains and recent experience are not good;
5. Browns is more known to retailers from outside Colombo and Rs 5 is preferred to Rs 25.
6. Retailers can apply for 5 times more from Browns and risk of loosing on the first day is lesser.
8. Browns offer 2.5 times shares.

Due to these reasons I am confident that I will receive above 3000 shares.

Good acceptable reasoning (+ rep). One addition, if you exceed 4000 , you will be in non-retail category. This was a concern for some. What do you think?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum