FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» Millennial Capital Youtube Channel
by MillennialC Today at 1:00 am

» Crypto , Digital Currency Trading , Forex
by MillennialC Today at 12:59 am

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Jana Yesterday at 11:11 pm

» PANASIAN POWER PLC (PAP.N0000)
by Jana Yesterday at 11:08 pm

» Has the CSE reached the peak actually in January?
by ONTHEMONEY Yesterday at 10:14 pm

» Blossom March
by Vishwanarth Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» ACL post share split trading and the future potential
by Jana Yesterday at 7:45 pm

» still I believe this
by stockback Yesterday at 6:59 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 6:39 pm

» Good time to collect fundamentally sound shares
by madukp Yesterday at 6:30 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 6:13 pm

» TILE / LWL / RCL
by MaJa Yesterday at 6:07 pm

» TRUE VALUE OF LANKA ALUMINUM INDUSTRY (LALU)
by Susil Mendis Yesterday at 4:11 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by subash81 Yesterday at 2:15 pm

» RICH or TKYO
by subash81 Yesterday at 2:14 pm

» Inefficiency
by stockchaser Yesterday at 1:25 pm

» Sometimes you might find that you have lost all your money in the market by investing in the non profitable stocks in the market.
by pjrngroup Yesterday at 10:58 am

» පෙබරවාරි මාසේ කොළඹ කොටස් වලට මොකක්ද වුනේ - බැසුවාද ? බැස්සාද ?
by Wickyz Yesterday at 10:54 am

» NATIONS TRUST BANK PLC (NTB.N0000)
by Eranx Yesterday at 8:00 am

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by arun.cse Mon Mar 01, 2021 1:14 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market

Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mark Levin


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Currently over Rs. 20 billion funds had come to Colombo Stock Exchange from foreigners this year in 2017 alone. But some Big Sharks in the local stock market some local Parsi Billionaires and others are trying to bring down market by shedding shares.

Be careful don't panic. They are trying to bring down market locally when foreigners have a longer confidence on the economy.

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Why would they do that? short selling is not allowed in Sri lanka so why would anyone do this? makes absolutely no sense.

Mark Levin


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Dean79 you are a fool. it is not about short selling. The Persian Billionaires in Sri Lanka bought John Keells shares and Commercial Bank, HNB shares, Sampath Bank, CIC Shares long time ago and they can sell at profit still to bring down the market to show off as if foreigners existing because they have Stock Market accounts opened via Foreign banks too as custodians. So sometimes Parsi Billionaires in Sri Lanka buy from their Rupee account whilst selling from their Dollar Account based on Rupee vs. Dollar fluctuations. 

You are the fool here not to understand that logic and sense dear Dean79.

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
When your argument starts calling me a fool its not a good sign. There is no logic, nobody would be buying billions of shares to make the market go down. I might be a fool but you have no grasp of how real life works. You're a clueless, feckless, fear mongering idiot. Now go back to the little cave you came out of.

Mark Levin


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Dean79 See that is why I called you a fool. I said Parsi billionaires are selling small quantities which they previously bought at discounted levels because they are jealous that some foreign funds recently bought several bluechip shares increasing foreign flow to the market. 

Hahaa Haiyoo Dean79 go have some rest!

wallstreetguy


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Deen79 wrote:When your argument starts calling me a fool its not a good sign. There is no logic, nobody would be buying billions of shares to make the market go down. I might be a fool but you have no grasp of how real life works. You're a clueless, feckless, fear mongering idiot. Now go back to the little cave you came out of.

Honestly, I'm just here to educate you, what ever he said is true. its possible and it is done. Like he says, stay calm, its just to create panic. 

Best example is the oil cartel, they have huge amounts of money to burn just to bring prices down, eventually it backfired. 

But anyhow, don't call people fools. If they don't know, its best to enlighten them without mocking.

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Gentlemen
Be cool & patient. Everyone presents their views. It does not mean to accept all what others say. A piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred could be multi faced. Therefore, please avoid mud slinging each other. Thanks.

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Mark Levin wrote:Currently over Rs. 20 billion funds had come to Colombo Stock Exchange from foreigners this year in 2017 alone. But some Big Sharks in the local stock market some local Parsi Billionaires and others are trying to bring down market by shedding shares.

Be careful don't panic. They are trying to bring down market locally when foreigners have a longer confidence on the economy.

We have been patient ever since Ranil took over the economy under Sirisena's Presidency 2 1/2 years ago,n hoping for the best month after month, year after year. I hope we don't have to be patient until these guys term is over

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Preset stock market indicate real position of economy

No govt manipulation of stock market indicators

We can,t expect world best stock market But

we can expect gradual improvement

wait and see

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Preset stock market indicate real position of economy

No govt manipulation of stock market indicators

We can,t expect world best stock market But

we can expect gradual improvement

wait and see

Yes present share market indicate the real sorry state of affairs in the economy.

The 1st blow to the market was when Ranil presented his 1st budget in Jan 2015. Market was shocked to such a disastrous budget from a UNP govt and reaction was sliding down. Billions of illegal taxes were imposed on listed companies as Super Gains Tax. This had a negative impact on the profitability of all those c pansies Nd market responded with prices coming down

The 2nd devastation was caused when this govt manipulated the Bond market with their 1st ever. Bond Auction when a group of persons preplanned to rob Rs. 13 billion by manipulating the EPF and auction process a rock bottom Interest rates that were rock bottom and stable took a sudden jump up. The result was capital market sliding down further as a result of this govt manipulation of Treasury Bonds

Then another series of proposals such as Capital Gains tax were used to frighten would be capital market investors and discouraged them. Damage is done and thus we see a struggling market for the last 2 1/2 years

US Stock market is at record high and many Asian markets have appreciated but the struggle we see in CSE reflects the poor management of our economy indeed

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
You are correct

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Mark Levin wrote:Dean79 See that is why I called you a fool. I said Parsi billionaires are selling small quantities which they previously bought at discounted levels because they are jealous that some foreign funds recently bought several bluechip shares increasing foreign flow to the market. 

Hahaa Haiyoo Dean79 go have some rest!

You contradict yourself, if they are selling small quantities why would it affect the market? this is just drivel and absolute bullshit. This will only work if short selling is allowed and it isn't. Someone is jealous? really?

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@wallstreetguy wrote:
@Deen79 wrote:When your argument starts calling me a fool its not a good sign. There is no logic, nobody would be buying billions of shares to make the market go down. I might be a fool but you have no grasp of how real life works. You're a clueless, feckless, fear mongering idiot. Now go back to the little cave you came out of.

Honestly, I'm just here to educate you, what ever he said is true. its possible and it is done. Like he says, stay calm, its just to create panic. 

Best example is the oil cartel, they have huge amounts of money to burn just to bring prices down, eventually it backfired. 

But anyhow, don't call people fools. If they don't know, its best to enlighten them without mocking.

Thanks, i am not sayings its impossible i just wanted to know the reason. Oil cartel is just that a cartel and they manipulate the prices with supply of something they have 80% control of. I can understand this working and like i said only in a scenario where shorting is allowed. Which businessman in his mind will sell shares cheap because he is "jealous" as Mark seems to believe? stupid governments will do it but no man with half a brain would part with money on stocks this way is all i am saying.

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Deen79 wrote:
@wallstreetguy wrote:
@Deen79 wrote:When your argument starts calling me a fool its not a good sign. There is no logic, nobody would be buying billions of shares to make the market go down. I might be a fool but you have no grasp of how real life works. You're a clueless, feckless, fear mongering idiot. Now go back to the little cave you came out of.

Honestly, I'm just here to educate you, what ever he said is true. its possible and it is done. Like he says, stay calm, its just to create panic. 

Best example is the oil cartel, they have huge amounts of money to burn just to bring prices down, eventually it backfired. 

But anyhow, don't call people fools. If they don't know, its best to enlighten them without mocking.

Thanks, i am not sayings its impossible i just wanted to know the reason. Oil cartel is just that a cartel and they manipulate the prices with supply of something they have 80% control of. I can understand this working and like i said only in a scenario where shorting is allowed. Which businessman in his mind will sell shares cheap because he is "jealous" as Mark seems to believe? stupid governments will do it but no man with half a brain would part with money on stocks this way is all i am saying.
Enlighten is far better than Mocking. sunny
Deen,let me put this in a logical scenario you can accept it drunken
Lets say you have more than one CDS account, open for your family members or friends and you are the one who use it. So form one account to another you can sell. Lets say JKH is 179/= and you place a order @ 170/= and you sell it at 170/= to another account under you.If you place a big buy order same time you can collect from the panic sellers. This way you never loose lol!

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Hi Ruwan,

Thanks, i can understand your explanation but wouldnt the CDS account automatically sell at the higher value? i haven't tried this but will check Monday. What you're suggesting is plain and simple market manipulation for profit and i guess that happens. What i didn't understand was Mark's assertion someone is trying to bring down the market due to jealousy etc. That just makes no sense.

Cheers

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Deen79 wrote:Hi Ruwan,

Thanks, i can understand your explanation but wouldnt the CDS account automatically sell at the higher value? i haven't tried this but will check Monday. What you're suggesting is plain and simple market manipulation for profit and i guess that happens. What i didn't understand was Mark's assertion someone is trying to bring down the market due to jealousy etc. That just makes no sense.

Cheers
you can sell as lower up to the price band limit.
you can use technical terms like Manipulation or just call it jealousy.
End of the day retailers are grilled Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum