FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post



Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market Vote_lcap68%Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market Vote_rcap 68% [ 178 ]
Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market Vote_lcap18%Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market Vote_rcap 18% [ 47 ]
Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market Vote_lcap13%Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market Vote_rcap 13% [ 35 ]

Total Votes : 260

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» CLC placed on a Slingshot . . . !!!
by prabath Yesterday at 11:17 pm

» ELPL-WATA-UDPL
by Maharaja Yesterday at 10:46 pm

» LLUB New Valuation for Price appreciation
by ddrperera Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» Bitcoin could trigger financial meltdown, warns Bank of England deputy
by samaritan Yesterday at 6:22 pm

» AMANA BANK LTD (ABL)
by SAGA Yesterday at 2:48 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:53 am

» Global supply chain crisis bites in US cities as store shelves empty with rising demand
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:51 am

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by madukp Yesterday at 10:33 am

» CLC - Bull & Bear LOCKED HORNS - can blast at any time.
by Equity Win Yesterday at 9:35 am

» Water For All - CIND
by K.R Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:39 pm

» Sri Lanka Tourism
by rajini Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:45 pm

» EXPO/BILL/LOLC
by sandamal Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:46 pm

» Exit EXPO Enter EDEN strategy broadened to Exit EXPO Enter LOLC GROUP
by bizstock Wed Oct 27, 2021 3:03 pm

» BOGALA GRAPHITE LANKA PLC
by cheetah Wed Oct 27, 2021 2:08 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by C.THARANGA Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:25 pm

» The fate of NIFL .. CLC .. LOFC under LOCH
by Jay-Jay Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:05 pm

» PRIME LANDS RESIDENCIES PLC (PLR.N0000)
by apphunter Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:58 am

» KOTA Plantation
by jehan008 Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:33 am

» WATAWALA PLANTATION PLC (WATA.N0000)
by cseguide Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:58 am

» KOTAGALA PLANTATION PLC (KOTA.N0000)
by Tissa Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:13 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market

Sri Lanka: Don't Panic - Year to date Foreign inflow to CSE Tops Rs. 20 billion but Some Local Big Investors are purposefully selling to bring down the market

+3
wallstreetguy
Deen79
Mark Levin
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mark Levin


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Currently over Rs. 20 billion funds had come to Colombo Stock Exchange from foreigners this year in 2017 alone. But some Big Sharks in the local stock market some local Parsi Billionaires and others are trying to bring down market by shedding shares.

Be careful don't panic. They are trying to bring down market locally when foreigners have a longer confidence on the economy.

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Why would they do that? short selling is not allowed in Sri lanka so why would anyone do this? makes absolutely no sense.

Mark Levin


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Dean79 you are a fool. it is not about short selling. The Persian Billionaires in Sri Lanka bought John Keells shares and Commercial Bank, HNB shares, Sampath Bank, CIC Shares long time ago and they can sell at profit still to bring down the market to show off as if foreigners existing because they have Stock Market accounts opened via Foreign banks too as custodians. So sometimes Parsi Billionaires in Sri Lanka buy from their Rupee account whilst selling from their Dollar Account based on Rupee vs. Dollar fluctuations. 

You are the fool here not to understand that logic and sense dear Dean79.

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
When your argument starts calling me a fool its not a good sign. There is no logic, nobody would be buying billions of shares to make the market go down. I might be a fool but you have no grasp of how real life works. You're a clueless, feckless, fear mongering idiot. Now go back to the little cave you came out of.

Mark Levin


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Dean79 See that is why I called you a fool. I said Parsi billionaires are selling small quantities which they previously bought at discounted levels because they are jealous that some foreign funds recently bought several bluechip shares increasing foreign flow to the market. 

Hahaa Haiyoo Dean79 go have some rest!

wallstreetguy


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Deen79 wrote:When your argument starts calling me a fool its not a good sign. There is no logic, nobody would be buying billions of shares to make the market go down. I might be a fool but you have no grasp of how real life works. You're a clueless, feckless, fear mongering idiot. Now go back to the little cave you came out of.

Honestly, I'm just here to educate you, what ever he said is true. its possible and it is done. Like he says, stay calm, its just to create panic. 

Best example is the oil cartel, they have huge amounts of money to burn just to bring prices down, eventually it backfired. 

But anyhow, don't call people fools. If they don't know, its best to enlighten them without mocking.

worthiness


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Gentlemen
Be cool & patient. Everyone presents their views. It does not mean to accept all what others say. A piece of information about circumstances that exist or events that have occurred could be multi faced. Therefore, please avoid mud slinging each other. Thanks.

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Mark Levin wrote:Currently over Rs. 20 billion funds had come to Colombo Stock Exchange from foreigners this year in 2017 alone. But some Big Sharks in the local stock market some local Parsi Billionaires and others are trying to bring down market by shedding shares.

Be careful don't panic. They are trying to bring down market locally when foreigners have a longer confidence on the economy.

We have been patient ever since Ranil took over the economy under Sirisena's Presidency 2 1/2 years ago,n hoping for the best month after month, year after year. I hope we don't have to be patient until these guys term is over

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Preset stock market indicate real position of economy

No govt manipulation of stock market indicators

We can,t expect world best stock market But

we can expect gradual improvement

wait and see

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:Preset stock market indicate real position of economy

No govt manipulation of stock market indicators

We can,t expect world best stock market But

we can expect gradual improvement

wait and see

Yes present share market indicate the real sorry state of affairs in the economy.

The 1st blow to the market was when Ranil presented his 1st budget in Jan 2015. Market was shocked to such a disastrous budget from a UNP govt and reaction was sliding down. Billions of illegal taxes were imposed on listed companies as Super Gains Tax. This had a negative impact on the profitability of all those c pansies Nd market responded with prices coming down

The 2nd devastation was caused when this govt manipulated the Bond market with their 1st ever. Bond Auction when a group of persons preplanned to rob Rs. 13 billion by manipulating the EPF and auction process a rock bottom Interest rates that were rock bottom and stable took a sudden jump up. The result was capital market sliding down further as a result of this govt manipulation of Treasury Bonds

Then another series of proposals such as Capital Gains tax were used to frighten would be capital market investors and discouraged them. Damage is done and thus we see a struggling market for the last 2 1/2 years

US Stock market is at record high and many Asian markets have appreciated but the struggle we see in CSE reflects the poor management of our economy indeed

D.G.Dayaratne


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
You are correct

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Mark Levin wrote:Dean79 See that is why I called you a fool. I said Parsi billionaires are selling small quantities which they previously bought at discounted levels because they are jealous that some foreign funds recently bought several bluechip shares increasing foreign flow to the market. 

Hahaa Haiyoo Dean79 go have some rest!

You contradict yourself, if they are selling small quantities why would it affect the market? this is just drivel and absolute bullshit. This will only work if short selling is allowed and it isn't. Someone is jealous? really?

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@wallstreetguy wrote:
@Deen79 wrote:When your argument starts calling me a fool its not a good sign. There is no logic, nobody would be buying billions of shares to make the market go down. I might be a fool but you have no grasp of how real life works. You're a clueless, feckless, fear mongering idiot. Now go back to the little cave you came out of.

Honestly, I'm just here to educate you, what ever he said is true. its possible and it is done. Like he says, stay calm, its just to create panic. 

Best example is the oil cartel, they have huge amounts of money to burn just to bring prices down, eventually it backfired. 

But anyhow, don't call people fools. If they don't know, its best to enlighten them without mocking.

Thanks, i am not sayings its impossible i just wanted to know the reason. Oil cartel is just that a cartel and they manipulate the prices with supply of something they have 80% control of. I can understand this working and like i said only in a scenario where shorting is allowed. Which businessman in his mind will sell shares cheap because he is "jealous" as Mark seems to believe? stupid governments will do it but no man with half a brain would part with money on stocks this way is all i am saying.

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Deen79 wrote:
@wallstreetguy wrote:
@Deen79 wrote:When your argument starts calling me a fool its not a good sign. There is no logic, nobody would be buying billions of shares to make the market go down. I might be a fool but you have no grasp of how real life works. You're a clueless, feckless, fear mongering idiot. Now go back to the little cave you came out of.

Honestly, I'm just here to educate you, what ever he said is true. its possible and it is done. Like he says, stay calm, its just to create panic. 

Best example is the oil cartel, they have huge amounts of money to burn just to bring prices down, eventually it backfired. 

But anyhow, don't call people fools. If they don't know, its best to enlighten them without mocking.

Thanks, i am not sayings its impossible i just wanted to know the reason. Oil cartel is just that a cartel and they manipulate the prices with supply of something they have 80% control of. I can understand this working and like i said only in a scenario where shorting is allowed. Which businessman in his mind will sell shares cheap because he is "jealous" as Mark seems to believe? stupid governments will do it but no man with half a brain would part with money on stocks this way is all i am saying.
Enlighten is far better than Mocking. sunny
Deen,let me put this in a logical scenario you can accept it drunken
Lets say you have more than one CDS account, open for your family members or friends and you are the one who use it. So form one account to another you can sell. Lets say JKH is 179/= and you place a order @ 170/= and you sell it at 170/= to another account under you.If you place a big buy order same time you can collect from the panic sellers. This way you never loose lol!

Deen79


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Hi Ruwan,

Thanks, i can understand your explanation but wouldnt the CDS account automatically sell at the higher value? i haven't tried this but will check Monday. What you're suggesting is plain and simple market manipulation for profit and i guess that happens. What i didn't understand was Mark's assertion someone is trying to bring down the market due to jealousy etc. That just makes no sense.

Cheers

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Deen79 wrote:Hi Ruwan,

Thanks, i can understand your explanation but wouldnt the CDS account automatically sell at the higher value? i haven't tried this but will check Monday. What you're suggesting is plain and simple market manipulation for profit and i guess that happens. What i didn't understand was Mark's assertion someone is trying to bring down the market due to jealousy etc. That just makes no sense.

Cheers
you can sell as lower up to the price band limit.
you can use technical terms like Manipulation or just call it jealousy.
End of the day retailers are grilled Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum