FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000)

LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Go down  Message [Page 7 of 13]

161LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:36 pm

nuwan85

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
As per my understanding, there will not be any adverse impact to LIOC from the issue of new license for bitumen & Lubricant players.

Regarding the cabinet decision to introduce a tax of Rs. 9.00, still no communication received on the imposition or implementation of the said tax. If it is to be implemented it has to be published by gazette with the implementation date. Implication will come to effect only from the date of the implementation of the gazette. The same kind of Tax Introduction done by the Government 3 or 4 months back also. With the increase of Tax, LIOC increased their selling price by Rs. 2.00. But with the reduction of the crude price, they reduced the increased sale price of RS. 2.00. I hope this time also they follow the same thing. If tax increase reduces their margin, definitely they will increase selling price. And also we want to look at on the import cost side also. World crude price is coming down while OPEC is trying to increase the Crude price. The current level of Crude excess supply in world market will bring down the crude price further and same will continue for number of years. Due to increase production volume in the world market the excess storage of crude will continue for number of years.  With the low crude price, definitely LIOC will maintain good margin.

On the other hand Government has given number of commitments to IMF while taking USD 1.5 Bn loan to run the state commercial entities profitably. So they can’t increase taxes by just looking at the LIOC side. They have to look on the CPC profitability side also. So I think there will not be any impact to LIOC profitability. They will report good profits for the coming years as they did for last two quarters. GL.

162LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Thu Aug 25, 2016 7:52 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Govt will not allow CPC or LIOC to increase selling price of petroleum products

Govt will also not allow get the benefit of word market prices to any one CPC OR LIOC

LIOC share price will not increase as expected

163LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:17 am

predictor

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
There were no cabinet decision taken to tax fuel on 23rd August as per the cabinet decisions web site.
http://www.news.lk/cabinet-decusions/item/14251-decisions-taken-by-the-cabinet-of-ministers-at-its-meeting-held-on-23-08-2016
According to the Minister of Petroleum, Corporation profit was 36.5 billion during Jan to April 2016.
Hasn't the CPC and LIOC benefitted with the world market lower oil prices ?
LIOC may start even exporting oil products. Both Govt and LIOC will benefit out of this venture soon.

164LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 9:59 am

thala

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Lioc crashing huge selling cant see why any news

165LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Buy LIOC @ 40 or below Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:01 am

Invest_Wisely

Manager - Equity Analytics
With the excellent June quarter results take advantage of this price drop if you didn't buy this share earlier. A good counter to have in your portfolio.

Happy Trading

166LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:04 am

Novice Learner

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Why the price is going down?

167LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:07 am

troy

troy
Why is the price drop? Where' s the bottom?

Don't jump in to conclusions. Chances might come everyday. Don't  lose your money, be cautious.

168LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:08 am

SLBOY

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Anna sale dala hariyata sinhala aurudda wage

169LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:14 am

Invest_Wisely

Most likely profit taking a good opportunity for the people who missed out on this share. I personally think you might not get another chance. 

Chances don't come everyday :-). Once in awhile may be.

170LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:16 am

predictor

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
May be Some wanted to buy at low and spreading rumors.

171LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:21 am

Invest_Wisely

We never know buddy but earnings wise this share is worth more than what it's trading today.

172LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:45 am

kumarweerarathne

kumarweerarathne
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
there is rumor going on abt tax imposing on diesel, lets c not yet confirmed.

173LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:05 am

predictor

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
There is only a marginal profit in Petrol. Diesel there was an increase in duty previously and someone have come to know about it only yesterday. If they introduce tax CPC will run at loss which govt cant do now after the loan they took. LIOC is into even byproducts of oil and going ahead with other investments. In order to buy at low people are spreading rumors.

174LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 11:52 am

karuna

Good lesson .

Ma parath kawadoo sarata . Lioc only valid long term this share new innocent people's money killing
Who promote with such a baila.  

I nothing to say anything about them.

175LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:06 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

Hon minister in his speech under meet the minister program of OPA
clearly said that Govt intention is to maintain preset prices and get the befit of world market price reduction

Consumers will be benefited through competition

Indian oil company will not have to earn abnormal profits

due to mismanagement of CPC and already taken action to improve efficiency

176LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:25 pm

thala

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Managed to go up a bit but huge collection.  Which means tgere will be good selling pressure above 40

177LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:27 pm

predictor

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
I was there at the OPA. Minister never mentioned that. You are a liar and don't spread wrong news and cheat poor people.

178LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:34 pm

SLBOY

@Teller wrote:LIOC has many more uncertainancies time to time some times it's climbing to sky high ,some times bottom of the well.
Only God knows how the prices are going up and down .
Last time lot of people strcuted in 50-55 levels.
That's the reason buying as well as huge selling also.
New comers have to much careful to enter correct level.
Obviously LIOC is not bad but last 5-6 times the same scenario was happend.
Stil no one know how price formula is going to apply?

Very Happy Very Happy

179LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:36 pm

D.G.Dayaratne

I think you are a delibarate lior

If you have any problem you can ask from Hon minister

I do not think you were at OPA auditorium
Pl give your name i can check the attendance register

I alwaya give my correctname I do not want to lie and 
mislead innocent people

180LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 12:57 pm

predictor

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
He never said LIOC will not have to earn abnormal profits. What he said was LIOC is not like govt. and they want profits. Also mentioned about geopolitical reasons. That is to say LIOC profitability cannot be questioned.

He also said CPC earned big profits during 1st 4 months.

181LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:45 pm

g@ii

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Seems there are so many promoters for LIOC. LIOC is making higher profit during this period due to lower crude oil prices. But it's worth to remember that crude oil market is already started correcting it self.

182LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:56 pm

nuwan85

Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Don’t be panic & sell your valuable shares based on the rumors. If duty component is increased that will lead to slightly reduce the LIOC profitability. Still confirm details are not available on the Duty amount increased. LIOC will make good profit in the coming quarters also. This kind of duty increase was done  3or43 months back also but LIOC managed to record good profit last quarter. Whatever people try to communicate what we keep in mind is LIOC is also a commercial entity. In terms of Revenue they were 2nd  and 3rd  place in past years. Definitely with their volume, they will record good profit.

Government policy is to support the business not to hares. With present government relationships with India, government intention to promote foreign Investment & commitment given to IMF all will be favorable to LIOC. Duty increase will not be affected LIOC & CPC as expected by some people. GL.

World oil price trend will be explained well in the following article.
http://www.cnbc.com/2016/08/25/oil-prices-dip-as-saudi-arabia-dampens-prospects-of-output-freeze.html

183LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:38 pm

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Govt allow to do the oil business for every one can import.

184LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:59 pm

thala

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
This is from brs, we hav to now analyse the bottom price of it

Excise duty on Diesel has been increased by LKR 10 to LKR 13 (previous - LKR 3) with effect from 20th August 2016, according to Ceylon Petroleum Corporation. However, the news is not made public as yet and no indication of retail price hike can be recognized. Therefore, we believe that the company will have to absorb the increased tax amount as a cost.

Considering the latest financial data, we have come up with the possible impact on the margins as follows. Our calculations indicate a ~400 basis points drop in GP margin and LKR ~750mn bottom line hit per quarter (EPS impact - LKR 1.41 per quarter)

185LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 4:33 pm

karuna

@karuna wrote:Good lesson .

Ma parath kawadoo sarata . Lioc only valid long term this share new innocent people's money killing
Who promote with such a baila.  

I nothing to say anything about them.

Lioc don't have a branded products as a example servo lubricant oils selling very cheap prices in the market.  Who like to buy India industry cheap products . No one accept Indian product . Probably can't use longer.  

U know aaf it also shiting Indians and never return profit . They keeping there profit . And wasting innocent people's time 
Aaf now nearly 4 years puka india going same same place. 

However carefully with Indian's . We nothing discuss about India games. 

Great share never mislaid there investors.  
Do your best investment to best shares

186LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:58 pm

Invest_Wisely

http://www.dailymirror.lk/114772/Diesel-production-tax-increased

The Government has increased the production tax on diesel by Rs. 10 per liter with effect from August 20, the Finance Ministry announced today. Accordingly, the production tax on diesel has been increased to Rs. 13 from Rs. 3. Ministry said the market price of diesel would not be increased due to the new tax revision. The ministry said the crude oil prices in the world market have declined and the Government has revised the production tax on diesel in order to claim the advantage from the world oil price decline. 

187LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 6:26 pm

Brinthan

Brinthan
Now everything finish...

EC sir already alert regarding this share...No body care..Ec sir hats off....We can't trust this share anymore...I will pray for retail buyers...Don't caught promotions....

188LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Fri Aug 26, 2016 7:19 pm

stockback

@Brinthan wrote:Now everything finish...

EC sir already alert regarding this share...No body care..Ec sir hats off....We can't trust this share anymore...I will pray for retail buyers...Don't caught promotions....

I dont have LIOC

i bought 2014 and sold 2014

I like to say something about this tax.

Production Tax increase now. this tax is depending on world market crude oil. if they keep oil price at same level then Tax should be vary time to time. this is similar to price formula.

now sri lankan market receiving 25-35 USD crude oil. thats why they have increase production tax. if not LIOC will get high profit during next two quarters.

last time oil price fixed according 54 USD Base (27.01.2015)

then after Rupee depression around 12-13%. then considering Crude Oil Price is 54* 13% = 47 USD

if crude oil price stay on 47 USD. then LIOC  making profit. so then another 11% tax increase new considering Crude oil Price is = 41.8 USD, current Brent oil price is 49 USD.

but in the sri lankan market now we receiving 25-35 Range oil. LIOC has enough profit. with this tax also they can make 1-2 Rupees per quarter.

now also they can make 5-6 Rupees per year very easily.

this is my idea. I dont have LIOC. i said this bcz some people panic and  making loss without thinking.

189LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:20 am

Teller

Teller
I think government has done correct thing. That's why I said earlier post regarding LIOC ,
We can't expect much from LIOC .

Teller said is said..

190LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) - Page 7 Empty Re: LANKA IOC PLC (LIOC.N0000) Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:41 pm

thala

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Guys any thoughts on tomorrows price,  i think may be 1 or 2 rs up by market close due to the huge fall on Friday 
 Or will it have further 1 or 2 rs fall extended losses due to the tax  increase?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 7 of 13]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum