FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of SMB Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:15 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Overseas Realty PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 11:00 pm

» Latest Financial Status and Future Outlook of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance PLC
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 10:55 pm

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Yesterday at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

CSF-will it rise?

+13
Monster
kam2011
StocksWatch
SL.Market
mark
glwking
Slstock
marusira
eeyohan
a_randy
swan03
innam
Dishan
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1CSF-will it rise? Empty CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:02 pm

Dishan

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

KEEP UR EYE ON CSF,IT MAY GO UP

2CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:06 pm

innam

innam
Manager - Equity Analytics

Dishan wrote:KEEP UR EYE ON CSF,IT MAY GO UP

what happens if we take our eyes off CSF.N, will it go down then?

3CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:10 pm

swan03

Vice President - Equity Analytics

innam wrote:

He might have bought them at the peak. Most of CSF holders are under pressure. But I think this is a good lesson to the people who go after rallies. Some says this will bounce back. But no idea.

4CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 4:19 pm

a_randy

a_randy

When..?? Basketball

5CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 5:05 pm

eeyohan

I also bought it @ the peak ... it may rise

Last edited by mark on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:43 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted some points which giving direct buy implications,and edited accordingly as suitable for express user's opinions)

6CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:25 pm

marusira

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

eeyohan wrote:I also bought it @ the peak ... it may rise

so will it come down????????????

Last edited by mark on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted accordingly to above post.)

7CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:30 pm

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

Maybe I know why? It is best to qualify your statement. Atleast say based on what sharing your experience.
Else it will be a promotion if you blindly say it will go up.

8CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:33 pm

glwking

glwking

slstock wrote:

Maybe I know why? It is best to qualify your statement. Atleast say based on what sharing your experience.
Then why moderators were silent when some one promote BLUE, EAST and now SMLL. Were there any base?

Last edited by mark on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted accordingly to above post.)

9CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:39 pm

mark

mark
Expert
Expert

innam wrote:

thanks innam for report,but the mod who got it only read it,im not getting report list if someone read it,so i have to find the report link to see report list,btw i'll edit it....... Evil or Very Mad

Last edited by mark on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : deleted accordingly to above post.)

10CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:40 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market

glwking wrote:
slstock wrote:

Then why moderators were silent when some one promote BLUE, EAST and now SMLL. Were there any base?

This made me laugh

and seeing the dreams I missed the BLUE/EAST and going to miss SMILL

Last edited by SL.Market on Wed Jun 22, 2011 6:51 pm; edited 2 times in total

11CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:23 pm

Slstock

Slstock

glwking wrote:
slstock wrote:

Glwking,

When the forum grows there will be diverse posts and views. We try to respect each persons view much as possible. There are fundamentalist, technical players, pattern readers and blatant promoters.

Depending on a personal view a post can fall into one of the categories. But there is a thin line between a promotion and a persons view depending on how they word the post.

So when moderators see it as blatant promotion ( again we need to agree on what is meant by a promotion) in their view they will respond.

Ex : Below is general and not targeted to any individual.

Presume you agree that there is difference between

a) a person sharing their views to watch a share trading at all time lows or lows for an extended time

vs

b) person saying a share can go up even further ( at the top of run ) without giving a reasons

As you will agree depending on each person view which is a promotion? Hope you see the point I am making.

Also as the moderators are volunteering here they might miss posted to respond naturally.

But I do appreciate the fact that you are concered to keep promoters out which we should do at all costs.

12CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:36 pm

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@slstock - don't think promotions are only done when the share is trading at the top of a run. Those who collect shares at low levels can also become promoters. It will be easier in the latter case.

After collecting enough at low levels, one fine morning, they will create a post saying, "hey look guys, see what I found, such and such share is trading at all time low or I saw huge collection going on etc...". As glwking repeatedly says, it is fine if it happens once but when repeated it becomes a balant promotion.

13CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 7:48 pm

Slstock

Slstock

StocksWatch wrote:@slstock - don't think promotions are only done when the share is trading at the top of a run. Those who collect shares at low levels can also become promoters. It will be easier in the latter case.

After collecting enough at low levels, one fine morning, they will create a post saying, "hey look guys, see what I found, such and such share is trading at all time low or I saw huge collection going on etc...". As glwking repeatedly says, it is fine if it happens once but when repeated it becomes a balant promotion.

StockWatch,

I only gave an example to drive a point. But ok, what you say is also true.

The issues is what is a promotion exactly? Isn;t this subjective based on the contents of the post and on the perspective.

In your opinion what is your criteria to identify a promotions other than a person who repeatedly says it every day.

Sometimes the person who is doing the "promotion" and have collected the share at lows might make a good call on a good share. How do we identify?

Do you see my point? This is a very subjective matter and can be controversial to find a unanimous answer.

14CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:02 pm

StocksWatch

slstock wrote:
StocksWatch wrote:@slstock - don't think promotions are only done when the share is trading at the top of a run. Those who collect shares at low levels can also become promoters. It will be easier in the latter case.

StockWatch,

The issues is what is a promotion exactly? Isn;t this subjective based on the contents of the post and on the perspective.

In your opinion what is your criteria to identify a promotions other than a person who repeatedly says it every day.

Sometimes the person who is doing the "promotion" and have collected the share at lows might make a good call on a good share. How do we identify?

Do you see my point? This is a very subjective matter and can be controversial to find a unanimous answer.

slstock,

As you correctly say, it is a very difficult task to identify posts which are purely intended for promotional motives. That is why the forum should stick on to its original guidelines as gven in the thread below.

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t2935-forum-guidelines?highlight=guidelines

Thanks

15CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:16 pm

glwking

glwking

StocksWatch wrote:
slstock wrote:

StockWatch,

slstock,

As you correctly say, it is a very difficult task to identify posts which are purely intended for promotional motives. That is why the forum should stick on to its original guidelines as gven in the thread below.

Thanks
Thanks stockswatch for sharing the link.
Quibit wrote:This is a Public Forum. We humbly request you to use this forum responsibly to share facts and clarify your concerns. This Forum should not be used in any way to manipulate the market. Posts which are seemingly misleading or manipulative will be deleted by the administrators. Any post which includes price sensitive information which is not supported with proof will be rejected. Forward looking statements or forecasts which does not provide any supporting material will not be published.
@slstock. I appreciate the jobs done by all the moderators. But you all should take more concern to make this a manipulation free forum. If any individual or group of individual posting same post (without any supporting evidence) over a period of one month or two months, what do you think? Isn't it a promotion?

16CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:23 pm

Slstock

Slstock

glwking wrote:
StocksWatch wrote:
slstock wrote:

StockWatch,

slstock,

Thanks
Thanks stockswatch for sharing the link.
Quibit wrote:This is a Public Forum. We humbly request you to use this forum responsibly to share facts and clarify your concerns. This Forum should not be used in any way to manipulate the market. Posts which are seemingly misleading or manipulative will be deleted by the administrators. Any post which includes price sensitive information which is not supported with proof will be rejected. Forward looking statements or forecasts which does not provide any supporting material will not be published.
@slstock. I appreciate the jobs done by all the moderators. But you all should take more concern to make this a manipulation free forum. If any individual or group of individual posting same post (without any supporting evidence) over a period of one month or two months, what do you think? Isn't it a promotion?

Glwking,
Yes same posts repeatedly day after day is a promption in my book too. I saw this at Investnow before the downfall toon.

BTW, presume you saw the below post I made about Promoters

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t5528-how-to-identify-a-promotional-post-please-contribute

17CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:20 pm

kam2011

slstock wrote:

StockWatch,

well said slstock. A member sometime repeatedly say "watch that share ,watch this share' and so on. Probably may be these predictions based on some sort of knowlege he/she gathered by dealing shares for so many years. Sometimes may be for another reason(including manipulation) . But we should not take investment decisions blindly. If anyone behave as an infant I do not think that share trading business is suit to him/her. Best thing is read every thing and follow only good views. In any business there are faillures and winners. Everybody cant win in this game. Winners have won at the cost of losers.That is a fact.Everybody is responsible for his/her own decisions. What can you do? Share trading is an art. Every body cant engage in it in similar manner.

How ever I cant believe recent posts refered in some posts above are manipulations. For instance BLUE and EAST are trading in very very large quantities. Any one can understand that someone is buying these shares asuming it is worth when analised its future prospects.

18CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 9:47 pm

glwking

glwking

kam2010,

Even I don't think the price movement of EAST is only because of this forum. But my argument is why moderators were silent when it was posted over and over in the same topic by same person? Wasn't it against the forum guidelines?

For your information, even PCH was traded heavily during January (much more higher volume than EAST). Wasn't it a manipulation? Don't take it as simple. Remember, there are members who are willing to follow certain people blindly. Just look at this comment,

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t2492p40-bluen-300-320-attactive#37035

This will kill the reputation of this forum. I hope moderators will take necessary actions to eliminate these kind of occurances. Tubal says even moderators do promotions. But I don;t believe it but moderators doesn't take any action against manipulators. Mad

19CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:08 pm

kam2011

Dear glwking, Thank you for your comment. I read all posts in the thread that you refered. I find nothing wrong there. First SL.market on 6th april said that indicating BLUEN 'there is a chance . do not miss it" By this time anyone who had suspicion colud have come up with comprehensive analysis on the share if he/she believe he/she should preventthe retailers from panic trading. But no one said" BLUE will not go up and careful" After about a month BLUEN price started slowly to increase and on 6th june price increased to 5.10 and then he asked " How about BLUE". On june 8th it further increased to 6.00 and SL.Market so happy and say"Is BLUE good or bad" This is because many people gave him so many -rep. Then econ on the same day say"good observation' On june 17th BLUE price hit record high Rs. 10.20. Same day alladin said after his watch list he too got lot of -rep and Monster said"alladin dont get dissapointed'
Here SL.Market has not repeatedly encouraged to buy. When the price is inceastng he expressed his hapiness using so many words. Thats all I think.

I do not find any thing wrong in the above posts .In fact many members expessed their appriciation in different posts who made some money by dealing this share during this period.. So far there is no any dissaster.People who earned are happy and who ignored dissapointed,

It is good to know this kind of information from a person who does all hardwork.I think we must thank them rather than blaim.

We must try to understand this type of posting patiently

20CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:25 pm

Monster

Monster
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Guys, please report to the moderators if you find any suspicious posts. We will try to take right action though I am not a moderator for "Stock Market Talk" section. If I failed to take any action, I wouldn't even bother to loose my moderator title. Please co-operate with us.

Thank you

21CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:37 pm

StocksWatch

Monster wrote:Guys, please report to the moderators if you find any suspicious posts. We will try to take right action though I am not a moderator for "Stock Market Talk" section. If I failed to take any action, I wouldn't even bother to loose my moderator title. Please co-operate with us.

Thank you

Monster, thanks for coming forward to take necessary actions when most of other responsible parties tend to give a blind eye on these current developments. It is always worth giving a try before making that ultimate decision to leave. Together we will try our best to clean this place from the manupulators or the promoters.

22CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Thu Jun 23, 2011 4:57 am

Slstock

Slstock

StockWatch and Glwking,

Your concerns won;t go unheard. I am sure admin and other moderator will also note them. We are all in this together to figure out Manipulators and Promoters and to stop them. I only replied to your concern only to show another side as it is subjective and maybe some moderators felt the need to allow for diverse sharing of information and not to discourage posters unnecessarily and to give them a chance. Thats all. If one repeats same post again and again over a period of time and says it will go to this price it will be deleted.

Just so that you know I have deleted recently 2 post which said something like XXX share can go upto XXX price so it is a good buy. This was clear promotion to me.

Lets keep the forum free from clear promoters and manipulators.

23CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:59 am

Dishan

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Hai Guys, I’m not giving any buy or sell recommendations to you. I just gave one share to all of you should keep your eye on. Do your own research and decide. CSF will go on midterm. That is my idea.

YOU THINK & DECIDE

24CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Thu Jun 23, 2011 12:08 pm

glwking

glwking

Thanks slstock, StocksWatch and Monster, for your concern to make manipulation free forum. I was even given -rep, because I raised my voice against manipulators/promoters. But majority of them given +Rep. Thanks for all given me +Rep. Finally for the promoters, I appreciate your hard work, do your research and share with other members. But do not promote.

25CSF-will it rise? Empty Re: CSF-will it rise? Thu Jun 23, 2011 1:35 pm

SL.Market

SL.Market

glwking wrote:Thanks slstock, StocksWatch and Monster, for your concern to make manipulation free forum. I was even given -rep, because I raised my voice against manipulators/promoters. But majority of them given +Rep. Thanks for all given me +Rep. Finally for the promoters, I appreciate your hard work, do your research and share with other members. But do not promote.

I think you may understand me wrong way and Your attempt appreciated

Good Luck

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum