FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer


EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » CTCE share holders get 1000 per share

CTCE share holders get 1000 per share

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:28 am

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
If you decline offer, you can have the shares and they will send you share certificate, and with AIA you can enjoy life but you need to have close relationship with AIA Lanka and sometimes visit them and call them to know whats going on. Similarly I have 21 shares of Asiri Central and they declared dividend once after that nothing but I have the certificate and you can sell to your friend or somebody after delisting, bit of a difficult process

22CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Tue Jul 31, 2018 7:50 am

MRF


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Ryan Hudson if you had ctce / have ctce what wpuld you do ? Would you like to share your opinion on it ?

23CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:23 pm

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@MRF I would accept the offer but always need to remember challenge is less treaded path

ruwan326


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Ryan Hudson wrote:@MRF I would accept the offer but always need to remember challenge is less treaded path
Yup very good offer @ 1000/=

Sell it and invest in the next best in line  Idea

25CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:33 pm

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@ruwan326 wrote:
@Ryan Hudson wrote:@MRF I would accept the offer but always need to remember challenge is less treaded path
Yup very good offer @ 1000/=

Sell it and invest in the next best in line  Idea
Pl Suggest any best in line

26CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Tue Jul 31, 2018 12:49 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@glad wrote:
@ruwan326 wrote:
@Ryan Hudson wrote:@MRF I would accept the offer but always need to remember challenge is less treaded path
Yup very good offer @ 1000/=

Sell it and invest in the next best in line  Idea
Pl Suggest any best in line
@glad

Since 2011 you are here in this forum you must be an expert Very Happy

I am planing to invest in HASU, do your own analysis before you pick and invest Wink

27CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Tue Jul 31, 2018 1:26 pm

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@ruwan326 wrote:
@glad wrote:
@ruwan326 wrote:
@Ryan Hudson wrote:@MRF I would accept the offer but always need to remember challenge is less treaded path
Yup very good offer @ 1000/=

Sell it and invest in the next best in line  Idea
Pl Suggest any best in line
@glad

Since 2011 you are here in this forum you must be an expert Very Happy

I am planing to invest in HASU, do your own analysis before you pick and invest Wink
Thanks R.
I also think I am an expert(in losing).
Thought HASU and UAL has already moved up, unless some new news comes out.
Will keep my ears 'up' for any news.

28CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Wed Aug 01, 2018 1:37 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
HNB Assuarance (HASU)
Amongst all insurance companies, HASU is one of the top, with fantastic performance and with better than bank FD rates of return to the investors.

5 Year Company Performance Summary
2012-2017 5 year CAGR
Gross Written Premium               19%
Net Profit after tax               21%
Earnings per Share               21%
Net Asset Value per Share               15%
Dividend per Share               17%
  Note:- CAGR- Compounded Annual Growth Rate


Example of Investment Rate of Return of an investor who bought in 2013 1st quarter, after XD and sells in April/May 2018 after XD
Purchase 1,000 shares@ 
47/80 per share
Sell@ Rs. 102/- per share
+All Dividends Received
Compounded 5 Year 
Annual Rate of Investment Return to 
the Investor
Assumed Total Purchase 
Cost Rs.49,000/-
Total Rs. 118,000/-       19%

Current Factors in Consideration
1. It appears there will be a minimum of Rs. 10/- Dividend in Feb/Mar 2019 (Refer their latest earnings reports)
2. Allianz seem to be eyeing HNBA General. If that move materializes, that definitely will be at a premium price similar to their buy over of Janashakthi General from JINS.

29CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Wed Aug 01, 2018 2:38 pm

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:HNB Assuarance (HASU)
Amongst all insurance companies, HASU is one of the top, with fantastic performance and with better than bank FD rates of return to the investors.

5 Year Company Performance Summary






2012-2017 5 year CAGR
Gross Written Premium               19%
Net Profit after tax               21%
Earnings per Share               21%
Net Asset Value per Share               15%
Dividend per Share               17%
  Note:- CAGR- Compounded Annual Growth Rate


Example of Investment Rate of Return of an investor who bought in 2013 1st quarter, after XD and sells in April/May 2018 after XD


Purchase 1,000 shares@ 
47/80 per share
Sell@ Rs. 102/- per share
+All Dividends Received
Compounded 5 Year 
Annual Rate of Investment Return to 
the Investor
Assumed Total Purchase 
Cost Rs.49,000/-
Total Rs. 118,000/-       19%

Current Factors in Consideration
1. It appears there will be a minimum of Rs. 10/- Dividend in Feb/Mar 2019 (Refer their latest earnings reports)
2. Allianz seem to be eyeing HNBA General. If that move materializes, that definitely will be at a premium price similar to their buy over of Janashakthi General from JINS.
Thanks,

30CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Wed Aug 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Agape


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
What about CINS -Hasnt this share given excellent returns ?

31CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:24 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Agape wrote:What about CINS -Hasnt this share given excellent returns ?
It has. An investor who bought CINS @ closing price of 2012 and selling after the 2018 Dividends would have earned a Compounded 17% Annual Rate of Return on the investment. Well above the bank FD rates during this perioid

Performance Summary of Ceylinco 2012-2017

201720125 year CAGR
GWPRs. 34.6 BnRs. 22.6 Bn     9%
NP after tax Rs. 11.8 BnRs. 2.1 Bn    41%
EPSRs. 437.06Rs. 74    43%
NAVPSRs. 1428.9Rs. 525    22%
DPSRs. 31.50Rs. 12.50    20%
 Note 1. :- CAGR- Compounded Annual Growth Rate
 Note 2 :- 2017 NP After Tax & EPS are including 
               One Off surplus of Rs. 3.5 Bn 
               
 Example of an Investor buying 1,000 shares in 2012 @ closing price of Rs. 855/90 per share and  Selling after receiving dividends in 2018 @ Rs. 1,750/- per share

Purchase Cost Sales proceeds
+Dividends
Compounded Annual
rate of return on
Investment 
Rs. 855,900/-Rs. 1,867,000/-         17%

Medium to Long Term Considerations

Sri Lanka's insurance penetration is far far below compared to many other countries in Asia and other developed nations. When the industry expands, as a giant in the industry Ceylinco should perform very well and reward their shareholders/investors handsomely in the medium to long term

32CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Wed Aug 08, 2018 7:16 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Agape wrote:What about CINS -Hasnt this share given excellent returns ?
It has. An investor who bought CINS @ closing price of 2012 and selling after the 2018 Dividends would have earned a Compounded 17% Annual Rate of Return on the investment. Well above the bank FD rates during this perioid

Performance Summary of Ceylinco 2012-2017

201720125 year CAGR
GWPRs. 34.6 BnRs. 22.6 Bn     9%
NP after tax Rs. 11.8 BnRs. 2.1 Bn    41%
EPSRs. 437.06Rs. 74    43%
NAVPSRs. 1428.9Rs. 525    22%
DPSRs. 31.50Rs. 12.50    20%
 Note 1. :- CAGR- Compounded Annual Growth Rate
 Note 2 :- 2017 NP After Tax & EPS are including 
               One Off surplus of Rs. 3.5 Bn 
               
 Example of an Investor buying 1,000 shares in 2012 @ closing price of Rs. 855/90 per share and  Selling after receiving dividends in 2018 @ Rs. 1,750/- per share

Purchase Cost Sales proceeds
+Dividends
Compounded Annual
rate of return on
Investment 
Rs. 855,900/-Rs. 1,867,000/-         17%

Medium to Long Term Considerations

Sri Lanka's insurance penetration is far far below compared to many other countries in Asia and other developed nations. When the industry expands, as a giant in the industry Ceylinco should perform very well and reward their shareholders/investors handsomely in the medium to long term

Foreign Buying In Ceylinco Insurance, share up by Rs. 247/-

CSE closed higher Wednesday with turnover propped up by block deals as foreign investors bought into Ceylinco Insurance while there was continued foreign selling in John Keells holdings (JKH), brokers said.

The All Share Price Index closed at 6,120.69, up 3.06 points (0.05%) while the more liquid SP SL20 index rose 26.15 points (0.80%) to close at 3,312.53. Turnover was Rs968 million.

Asia Securities said crossings or block deals accounted for 43% of turnover with two crossings each in Ceylinco Insurance and Sampath Bank and one in JKH.

Foreign investors were net buyers of Rs576 million worth of shares, with estimated net foreign buying highest in Ceylinco Insurance, which closed at Rs1,997.80, up Rs247 (14.11%).

Estimated net foreign selling was mainly in JKH which closed at Rs141, up Rs4.50 (3.30%).

33CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Not a good option Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:10 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Agape wrote:What about CINS -Hasnt this share given excellent returns ?
It has. An investor who bought CINS @ closing price of 2012 and selling after the 2018 Dividends would have earned a Compounded 17% Annual Rate of Return on the investment. Well above the bank FD rates during this perioid

Performance Summary of Ceylinco 2012-2017

201720125 year CAGR
GWPRs. 34.6 BnRs. 22.6 Bn     9%
NP after tax Rs. 11.8 BnRs. 2.1 Bn    41%
EPSRs. 437.06Rs. 74    43%
NAVPSRs. 1428.9Rs. 525    22%
DPSRs. 31.50Rs. 12.50    20%
 Note 1. :- CAGR- Compounded Annual Growth Rate
 Note 2 :- 2017 NP After Tax & EPS are including 
               One Off surplus of Rs. 3.5 Bn 
               
 Example of an Investor buying 1,000 shares in 2012 @ closing price of Rs. 855/90 per share and  Selling after receiving dividends in 2018 @ Rs. 1,750/- per share

Purchase Cost Sales proceeds
+Dividends
Compounded Annual
rate of return on
Investment 
Rs. 855,900/-Rs. 1,867,000/-         17%

Medium to Long Term Considerations

Sri Lanka's insurance penetration is far far below compared to many other countries in Asia and other developed nations. When the industry expands, as a giant in the industry Ceylinco should perform very well and reward their shareholders/investors handsomely in the medium to long term

Foreign Buying In Ceylinco Insurance, share up by Rs. 247/-

CSE closed higher Wednesday with turnover propped up by block deals as foreign investors bought into Ceylinco Insurance while there was continued foreign selling in John Keells holdings (JKH), brokers said.

The All Share Price Index closed at 6,120.69, up 3.06 points (0.05%) while the more liquid SP SL20 index rose 26.15 points (0.80%) to close at 3,312.53. Turnover was Rs968 million.

Asia Securities said crossings or block deals accounted for 43% of turnover with two crossings each in Ceylinco Insurance and Sampath Bank and one in JKH.

Foreign investors were net buyers of Rs576 million worth of shares, with estimated net foreign buying highest in Ceylinco Insurance, which closed at Rs1,997.80, up Rs247 (14.11%).

Estimated net foreign selling was mainly in JKH which closed at Rs141, up Rs4.50 (3.30%).

We saw how blue chips fall apart.......... JKH,SAMP etc

So think twice before enter Wink Wink Wink

34CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:26 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@ruwan326 wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Agape wrote:What about CINS -Hasnt this share given excellent returns ?
It has. An investor who bought CINS @ closing price of 2012 and selling after the 2018 Dividends would have earned a Compounded 17% Annual Rate of Return on the investment. Well above the bank FD rates during this perioid

Performance Summary of Ceylinco 2012-2017













201720125 year CAGR
GWPRs. 34.6 BnRs. 22.6 Bn     9%
NP after tax Rs. 11.8 BnRs. 2.1 Bn    41%
EPSRs. 437.06Rs. 74    43%
NAVPSRs. 1428.9Rs. 525    22%
DPSRs. 31.50Rs. 12.50    20%
 Note 1. :- CAGR- Compounded Annual Growth Rate
 Note 2 :- 2017 NP After Tax & EPS are including 
               One Off surplus of Rs. 3.5 Bn 
               
 Example of an Investor buying 1,000 shares in 2012 @ closing price of Rs. 855/90 per share and  Selling after receiving dividends in 2018 @ Rs. 1,750/- per share





Purchase Cost Sales proceeds
+Dividends
Compounded Annual
rate of return on
Investment 
Rs. 855,900/-Rs. 1,867,000/-         17%

Medium to Long Term Considerations

Sri Lanka's insurance penetration is far far below compared to many other countries in Asia and other developed nations. When the industry expands, as a giant in the industry Ceylinco should perform very well and reward their shareholders/investors handsomely in the medium to long term

Foreign Buying In Ceylinco Insurance, share up by Rs. 247/-

CSE closed higher Wednesday with turnover propped up by block deals as foreign investors bought into Ceylinco Insurance while there was continued foreign selling in John Keells holdings (JKH), brokers said.

The All Share Price Index closed at 6,120.69, up 3.06 points (0.05%) while the more liquid SP SL20 index rose 26.15 points (0.80%) to close at 3,312.53. Turnover was Rs968 million.

Asia Securities said crossings or block deals accounted for 43% of turnover with two crossings each in Ceylinco Insurance and Sampath Bank and one in JKH.

Foreign investors were net buyers of Rs576 million worth of shares, with estimated net foreign buying highest in Ceylinco Insurance, which closed at Rs1,997.80, up Rs247 (14.11%).

Estimated net foreign selling was mainly in JKH which closed at Rs141, up Rs4.50 (3.30%).

We saw how blue chips fall apart.......... JKH,SAMP etc

So think twice before enter Wink Wink Wink

Certainly not a good option for a short term trader/speculator/cheap promoter who is always in a mighty hurry to make a quick buck at the shortest time possible and the most within a quarter. A cheap promoter will buy penny stocks at a price and then try to move the price up by creating artificial hypes and then exit the stock after making quick money.

In other words Ruwan buys penny stocks  @ 4/- or 5/50 and then highly promote the stocks to fellow form members to try and push the prices up and sell them back to other forum members at a higher price and make a quick buck. Other forum members would probably buy at higher prices, the price points which Ruwan will exit.

We all should invest in value stocks when they are under priced in any given market condition.

Also speculators and traders generally tend to make profits during bull markets(when the market is moving up) and not during bear markets(when the market is sluggish or going down)

35CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Thu Aug 09, 2018 2:55 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@ruwan326 wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@DS Wijesinghe wrote:
@Agape wrote:What about CINS -Hasnt this share given excellent returns ?
It has. An investor who bought CINS @ closing price of 2012 and selling after the 2018 Dividends would have earned a Compounded 17% Annual Rate of Return on the investment. Well above the bank FD rates during this perioid

Performance Summary of Ceylinco 2012-2017













201720125 year CAGR
GWPRs. 34.6 BnRs. 22.6 Bn     9%
NP after tax Rs. 11.8 BnRs. 2.1 Bn    41%
EPSRs. 437.06Rs. 74    43%
NAVPSRs. 1428.9Rs. 525    22%
DPSRs. 31.50Rs. 12.50    20%
 Note 1. :- CAGR- Compounded Annual Growth Rate
 Note 2 :- 2017 NP After Tax & EPS are including 
               One Off surplus of Rs. 3.5 Bn 
               
 Example of an Investor buying 1,000 shares in 2012 @ closing price of Rs. 855/90 per share and  Selling after receiving dividends in 2018 @ Rs. 1,750/- per share





Purchase Cost Sales proceeds
+Dividends
Compounded Annual
rate of return on
Investment 
Rs. 855,900/-Rs. 1,867,000/-         17%

Medium to Long Term Considerations

Sri Lanka's insurance penetration is far far below compared to many other countries in Asia and other developed nations. When the industry expands, as a giant in the industry Ceylinco should perform very well and reward their shareholders/investors handsomely in the medium to long term

Foreign Buying In Ceylinco Insurance, share up by Rs. 247/-

CSE closed higher Wednesday with turnover propped up by block deals as foreign investors bought into Ceylinco Insurance while there was continued foreign selling in John Keells holdings (JKH), brokers said.

The All Share Price Index closed at 6,120.69, up 3.06 points (0.05%) while the more liquid SP SL20 index rose 26.15 points (0.80%) to close at 3,312.53. Turnover was Rs968 million.

Asia Securities said crossings or block deals accounted for 43% of turnover with two crossings each in Ceylinco Insurance and Sampath Bank and one in JKH.

Foreign investors were net buyers of Rs576 million worth of shares, with estimated net foreign buying highest in Ceylinco Insurance, which closed at Rs1,997.80, up Rs247 (14.11%).

Estimated net foreign selling was mainly in JKH which closed at Rs141, up Rs4.50 (3.30%).

We saw how blue chips fall apart.......... JKH,SAMP etc

So think twice before enter Wink Wink Wink

Certainly not a good option for a short term trader/speculator/cheap promoter who is always in a mighty hurry to make a quick buck at the shortest time possible and the most within a quarter. A cheap promoter will buy penny stocks at a price and then try to move the price up by creating artificial hypes and then exit the stock after making quick money.

In other words Ruwan buys penny stocks  @ 4/- or 5/50 and then highly promote the stocks to fellow form members to try and push the prices up and sell them back to other forum members at a higher price and make a quick buck. Other forum members would probably buy at higher prices, the price points which Ruwan will exit.

We all should invest in value stocks when they are under priced in any given market condition.

Also speculators and traders generally tend to make profits during bull markets(when the market is moving up) and not during bear markets(when the market is sluggish or going down)
............................
Investopedia
New York, NY
www.investopedia.com
Investing and trading are two very different methods of attempting to profit in the financial markets.

Investing
The goal of investing is to gradually build wealth over an extended period of time through the buying and holding of a portfolio of stocks, baskets of stocks, mutual funds, bonds and other investment instruments. Investors often enhance their profits through compounding, or reinvesting any profits and dividends into additional shares of stock. Investments are often held for a period of years, or even decades, taking advantage of perks like interest, dividends and stock splits along the way.

While markets inevitably fluctuate, investors will "ride out" the downtrends with the expectation that prices will rebound and any losses will eventually be recovered. Investors are typically more concerned with market fundamentals, such as price/earnings ratios and management forecasts.

Trading
Trading, on the other hand, involves the more frequent buying and selling of stock, commodities, currency pairs or other instruments, with the goal of generating returns that outperform buy-and-hold investing. While investors may be content with a 10% to 15% annual return, traders might seek a 10% return each month.

Trading profits are generated through buying at a lower price and selling at a higher price within a relatively short period of time. The reverse is also true: trading profits are made by selling at a higher price and buying to cover at a lower price (known as selling short) to profit in falling markets. Where buy-and-hold investors wait out less profitable positions, traders must make profits (or take losses) within a specified period of time, and often use a protective stop loss order to automatically close out losing positions at a predetermined price level. Traders often employ technical analysis tools, such as moving averages and stochastic oscillators, to find high-probability trading setups.

Trading Styles
A trader's "style" refers to the timeframe or holding period in which stocks, commodities or other trading instruments are bought and sold. Traders generally fall into one of four categories:

Position Trader - positions are held from months to years.
Swing Trader - positions are held from days to weeks.
Day Trader - positions are held throughout the day only with no overnight positions.
Scalp Trader - positions are held for seconds to minutes with no overnight positions.
Traders often choose their trading style based on factors including: account size, amount of time that can be dedicated to trading, level of trading experience, personality and risk tolerance.

Both investors and traders seek profits through market participation. In general, investors seek larger returns over an extended period through buying and holding. Traders, by contrast, take advantage of both rising and falling markets to enter and exit positions over a shorter time frame, taking smaller, more frequent profits.

Well, DS this part is for your consideration:D "Both investors and traders seek profits through market participation" not charity work Wink Wink Wink Wink

36CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Fri Aug 10, 2018 1:17 pm

DS Wijesinghe


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Ruwan I have nothing against speculators and I too started as a trader/speculator when I was just 20. But when you analyse the wealthiest investors in the world like Warren Buffet, Charlie Munger, Benjamin Graham, who started with small capitals, that's not the way they have invested. Their emphasis is on value stock investing irrespective of the market condition but you should know when to take off your money from the table.


A speculator on the other hand try to anticipate the future direction of the stock market and try to make a profit by Timing. They ideally make profits through BUYING or HOLDING when he thinks the market would go up. Example is You who thinks the market would go up so you BUY and/or HOLD.  Similarly a speculator will SELL or DO NOT BUY when he thinks the market is going down. Example is Maharaja who has done a market analysis and predicts the market is going down below 6,000 level and therefore SELL or DO NOT BUY 


No one can forecast accurately the future of a stock market. Not even the best Stock Market analysts. May be a very few will make money by being good stock market analysts by putting  a lot of thinking and analytical skills through their brains.  


But we as average investors, it is absurd to depend on another member of the general public in this forum, to BUY when he says to do so and SELL when he says to do so to make a profit for us. We can never get rich in the long run by doing so. 


Therefore it is important for us to identify value stocks from any market condition and buy them when they are trading undervalued and Sell when the market price moves way above what that stock is really worth

37CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:32 pm

MRF


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
So the news as you may know is that CTCE.N failed to pass one of its resolution that is to repurchase the shares at LKR1000/= . The Co failed to get the required 75percent of votes of the shareholders.


So what happens next any speculations ;P

38CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Tue Aug 21, 2018 1:51 pm

Agape


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
The trading suspension will need to be lifted\share price will shoot up closer to 1,000 and all who purchased on insider information will sell-that is what will happen next

39CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Tue Aug 21, 2018 2:43 pm

MRF


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
When will the trading suspension be lifted any idea ?? Or will the Co. Offer a better deal lol ?

40CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:30 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@MRF wrote:When will the trading suspension be lifted any idea ?? Or will the Co. Offer a better deal lol ?
Probably next week trading will start santa santa santa santa

41CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:56 pm

MRF


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Thanks. So no 1000/= or no better deal... as far as I am aware there motive is to by hook or crook get delisted

42CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Wed Aug 22, 2018 7:45 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@MRF wrote:Thanks. So no 1000/= or no better deal... as far as I am aware there motive is to by hook or crook get delisted
Better wait and see, insiders already collected might dump and end of the month near Wink

43CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty CTCE TRADING Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:28 pm

lokka1


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@ruwan326 wrote:
@MRF wrote:Thanks. So no 1000/= or no better deal... as far as I am aware there motive is to by hook or crook get delisted
Better wait and see, insiders already collected might dump and end of the month near Wink
Trading suspension will be lifted by the 28th once the SEC gives approval
Lokka1

44CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Thu Aug 23, 2018 2:41 pm

MRF


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Really have they released information on it ? Any link ?

45CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty CTCE TRADING Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:23 pm

lokka1


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
Good news! SEC gave the approval today. It will start trading tomorrow.
Lokka1

46CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Thu Aug 30, 2018 12:44 pm

MRF


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Have they announced it on the cse website

47CTCE share holders get 1000 per share - Page 2 Empty Re: CTCE share holders get 1000 per share Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:13 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@lokka1 wrote:Good news! SEC gave the approval today. It will start trading tomorrow.
Lokka1
What a timing to hear this Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

LIFTING OF TRADING SUSPENSION
31 August 2018

Please note the trading suspension imposed on CTCE.N0000 will be lifted with effect from 31st August 2018, subsequent to the announcement published by the company on 21st August 2018 and as per Rule 5 (4) of the SEC Rules published in Gazette Extraordinary No. 1215/2 dated 18th December 2001.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum