FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Heavy losses at CPC whilst LIOC records profit
by ChooBoy Today at 1:32 pm

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Yesterday at 12:00 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:39 am

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:26 pm

» Turkish ship leaves Ukraine's Mariupol after grain talks with Moscow
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:29 am

» This week's CBOT corn, soy freefalls hard to match in recent years
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:57 am

» Positive news to boost market sentiment
by samaritan Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:52 am

» Maharaja at IMF meeting
by Maharaja Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:35 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm

» India assures fullest support to Sri Lanka as a close friend
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

» SINS, SAMP, COMB, PARQ, ALUMEX and AEL - are they good shares to start collecting now?
by surfjj Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

» Learn how a fixed exchange rate system can be used to reduce inflation.
by target1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

» Debt Crisis: Sri Lanka Vs Argentine
by CHRONICLE™ Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am

» Sri Lanka in state of panic 1 month after sovereign default
by reyaz Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:23 pm

» Financial stability - we are at the crossroads.
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:17 pm

» Shrinkflation: Is it ethical?
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:05 pm

» Banking bullish billionaire Ishara expands footprint
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am

» SL hopes to finalize a staff level program with IMF soon-RW
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:48 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » #PM Crisis#

#PM Crisis#

+9
janith123
Ryan Hudson
Yahapalanaya
lishanthan
sapumal
ranferdi
samaritan
Miss-Sangeetha
ruwan326
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 8]

126#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Sat Dec 01, 2018 5:58 pm

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator

ruwan326 wrote:Seems like political crisis going to end soon ;) 

#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Xx11
Even the closest aide to MS will not know what he would do next. Don't underestimate MS.#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

127#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:57 am

ranferdi


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

samaritan wrote:
ruwan326 wrote:Seems like political crisis going to end soon Wink 

#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Xx11
Even the closest aide to MS will not know what he would do next. Don't underestimate MS.#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

One man - one man alone is responsible for the crisis that has been created - selfish and egoistical beyond measure -
Treason!!!

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

128#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Mon Dec 03, 2018 9:21 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator

ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:
ruwan326 wrote:Seems like political crisis going to end soon ;) 

#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Xx11
Even the closest aide to MS will not know what he would do next. Don't underestimate MS.#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

One man - one man alone is responsible for the crisis that has been created - selfish and egoistical beyond measure -
Treason!!!
RW is crisis prone, beginning from 2004. So, no one can be blamed.

129#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Mon Dec 03, 2018 10:18 am

ranferdi


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:
ruwan326 wrote:Seems like political crisis going to end soon Wink 

#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Xx11
Even the closest aide to MS will not know what he would do next. Don't underestimate MS.#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Icon_biggrin

One man - one man alone is responsible for the crisis that has been created - selfish and egoistical beyond measure -
Treason!!!
RW is crisis prone, beginning from 2004. So, no one can be blamed.

Its not RW but the pathetic power hunger of lunatic duo.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

130#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Mon Dec 03, 2018 2:47 pm

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

RW has tried to kill My3, Thats where the problem started

Are the following guys still in Yahapalana or not?

Dabara Amila

Sarath Wijesooriya Poth Kada Mudalali

Ratnapriya Pirimi Nurse

Viyangoda Vulgar word book writer

Ranil Wikkamasinka

Ravi Karunkanayaka

Malik Saramawikkama

Man Gala Sarama Weera

Vote the best and worst yahapalana from above as pm of sri lanka

131#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:04 pm

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Ryan Hudson wrote:RW has tried to kill My3, Thats where the problem started

Are the following guys still in Yahapalana or not?

Dabara Amila

Sarath Wijesooriya Poth Kada Mudalali

Ratnapriya Pirimi Nurse

Viyangoda Vulgar word book writer

Ranil Wikkamasinka

Ravi Karunkanayaka

Malik Saramawikkama

Man Gala Sarama Weera

Vote the best and worst yahapalana from above as pm of sri lanka

Ranil tried to kill My3, What a joke.. Whole this drama is to get some justification for the lunatic action he took. I don't think anyone wants to kill such a weak person. If the plan was true why not arrest ?? anyone connected...

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

132#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Mon Dec 03, 2018 3:34 pm

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

@ Ranferdi, 

Q1: from your answer the question comes: how did you determine our president my3 as a weak person? Weren't the UNP able to identify this at the beginning? Why they failed to identify sirisenas weaknesses in the selection as presidential candidate? Can it be because RW is so power hungry?  

Q2: 
Are the following guys still in Yahapalana or not?

Dabara Amila

Sarath Wijesooriya Poth Kada Mudalali

Ratnapriya Pirimi Nurse

Viyangoda Vulgar word book writer

Ranil Wikkamasinka

Ravi Karunkanayaka

Malik Saramawikkama

Man Gala Sarama Weera

Vote the best and worst yahapalana from above as pm of sri lanka

133#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:14 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Appeal Court issues interim order preventing PM & Cabinet from functioning
03 December 2018


Sri Lanka’s Court of Appeal on Monday issued an interim order restraining Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and the Cabinet from functioning until the petition against them is heard.

Notices have also been issued to respondents to appear before the court on 12 December 2018.

Judges who considered the arguments presented by both sides said that an irreversible damage could be caused if persons not entitled to do so sit as Prime Minister and Cabinet.

A writ petition was filed by UNP leader Ranil Wickremasinghe and 121 other Parliamentarians seeking an order in the nature of Quo Warranto declaring that Mahinda Rajapaksa is not entitled to hold the office of PM.

Last week, Sri Lanka’s Parliament stopped budgetary allocations for Prime Minister’s office and other Ministries.

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/appeal-court-issues-interim-order-preventing-pm-cabinet-from-functioning/

134#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:17 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

ruwan326 wrote:Appeal Court issues interim order preventing PM & Cabinet from functioning
03 December 2018


Sri Lanka’s Court of Appeal on Monday issued an interim order restraining Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and the Cabinet from functioning until the petition against them is heard.

Notices have also been issued to respondents to appear before the court on 12 December 2018.

Judges who considered the arguments presented by both sides said that an irreversible damage could be caused if persons not entitled to do so sit as Prime Minister and Cabinet.

A writ petition was filed by UNP leader Ranil Wickremasinghe and 121 other Parliamentarians seeking an order in the nature of Quo Warranto declaring that Mahinda Rajapaksa is not entitled to hold the office of PM.

Last week, Sri Lanka’s Parliament stopped budgetary allocations for Prime Minister’s office and other Ministries.

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/appeal-court-issues-interim-order-preventing-pm-cabinet-from-functioning/


Will market goes back to Bloody red tomorrow onward ?????


#PM Crisis# - Page 6 F11410

135#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Mon Dec 03, 2018 8:22 pm

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

ruwan326 wrote:
ruwan326 wrote:Appeal Court issues interim order preventing PM & Cabinet from functioning
03 December 2018


Sri Lanka’s Court of Appeal on Monday issued an interim order restraining Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and the Cabinet from functioning until the petition against them is heard.

Notices have also been issued to respondents to appear before the court on 12 December 2018.

Judges who considered the arguments presented by both sides said that an irreversible damage could be caused if persons not entitled to do so sit as Prime Minister and Cabinet.

A writ petition was filed by UNP leader Ranil Wickremasinghe and 121 other Parliamentarians seeking an order in the nature of Quo Warranto declaring that Mahinda Rajapaksa is not entitled to hold the office of PM.

Last week, Sri Lanka’s Parliament stopped budgetary allocations for Prime Minister’s office and other Ministries.

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/appeal-court-issues-interim-order-preventing-pm-cabinet-from-functioning/


Will market goes back to Bloody red tomorrow onward ?????


#PM Crisis# - Page 6 F11410


Or MS will play another trump before he goes to sleep tonight@ 22:00??????


#PM Crisis# - Page 6 F10010

136#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:12 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Sri Lanka President hardens stand against sacked PM

Dec 03, 2018 


President Maithripala Sirisena on Monday insisted that he will not reinstate his sacked prime minister Ranil Wickremesinghe despite another setback to him in his bitter power struggle that has left the country without a government.

What was billed as crisis talks to end a five-week old constitutional crisis, Sirisena took up his hard-line stance against Wickremesinghe, three days after indicating that he had softened his stand.

United National Party (UNP) lawmakers said the talks which were postponed from Sunday and held Monday did not yield any results and the deadlock continued.

“The talks were a failure,” UNP MP Akila Viraj Kariyawasam told reporters. “The president insisted that he will not make Ranil Wickremesinghe the prime minister even if 225 MPs support him.”

Previously, the President had said he will not reinstate Wickremesinghe in his lifetime, but by Friday mellowed and indicated that he may make him the premier even though he immensely disliked him.

Sirisena held onto a hard-line stance even as the Court of Appeal issued an interim order blocking Rajapakse exercising the powers of the prime minister until a determination of the case filed by 122 MPs.

Official sources said that in the absence of a breakthrough, it was increasingly looking like the UNP will have to move an impeachment for which they do not have the required 150 votes in parliament.

The UNP has mustered 123 in the 225-member assembly. The Tamil National Alliance which hold 14 seats have said they will not support an impeachment. However,  Sirisena’s intransigence could sway the TNA which means the UNP will have to look for another 27 MPs from the SLFP to topple Sirisena.

​​​​​​​https://economynext.com/Sri_Lanka_President_hardens_stand_against_sacked_PM-3-12795-10.html

137#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:13 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

ruwan326 wrote:Sri Lanka President hardens stand against sacked PM

Dec 03, 2018 




President Maithripala Sirisena on Monday insisted that he will not reinstate his sacked prime minister Ranil Wickremesinghe despite another setback to him in his bitter power struggle that has left the country without a government.

What was billed as crisis talks to end a five-week old constitutional crisis, Sirisena took up his hard-line stance against Wickremesinghe, three days after indicating that he had softened his stand.

United National Party (UNP) lawmakers said the talks which were postponed from Sunday and held Monday did not yield any results and the deadlock continued.

“The talks were a failure,” UNP MP Akila Viraj Kariyawasam told reporters. “The president insisted that he will not make Ranil Wickremesinghe the prime minister even if 225 MPs support him.”

Previously, the President had said he will not reinstate Wickremesinghe in his lifetime, but by Friday mellowed and indicated that he may make him the premier even though he immensely disliked him.

Sirisena held onto a hard-line stance even as the Court of Appeal issued an interim order blocking Rajapakse exercising the powers of the prime minister until a determination of the case filed by 122 MPs.

Official sources said that in the absence of a breakthrough, it was increasingly looking like the UNP will have to move an impeachment for which they do not have the required 150 votes in parliament.

The UNP has mustered 123 in the 225-member assembly. The Tamil National Alliance which hold 14 seats have said they will not support an impeachment. However,  Sirisena’s intransigence could sway the TNA which means the UNP will have to look for another 27 MPs from the SLFP to topple Sirisena.

​​​​​​​https://economynext.com/Sri_Lanka_President_hardens_stand_against_sacked_PM-3-12795-10.html
#PM Crisis# - Page 6 A1910

138#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:31 am

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

With yesterday's Palayaw Palayaw speech, Ranil has again proved he is not fit even to be a member of a Village Development Society, Hats off to president for the decision, thank you sir

139#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Dec 04, 2018 7:57 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Ryan Hudson wrote:With yesterday's Palayaw Palayaw speech, Ranil has again proved he is not fit even to be a member of a Village Development Society, Hats off to president for the decision, thank you sir

140#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:51 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

ruwan326 wrote:
ruwan326 wrote:
ruwan326 wrote:Appeal Court issues interim order preventing PM & Cabinet from functioning
03 December 2018


Sri Lanka’s Court of Appeal on Monday issued an interim order restraining Prime Minister Mahinda Rajapaksa and the Cabinet from functioning until the petition against them is heard.

Notices have also been issued to respondents to appear before the court on 12 December 2018.

Judges who considered the arguments presented by both sides said that an irreversible damage could be caused if persons not entitled to do so sit as Prime Minister and Cabinet.

A writ petition was filed by UNP leader Ranil Wickremasinghe and 121 other Parliamentarians seeking an order in the nature of Quo Warranto declaring that Mahinda Rajapaksa is not entitled to hold the office of PM.

Last week, Sri Lanka’s Parliament stopped budgetary allocations for Prime Minister’s office and other Ministries.

http://www.lankabusinessonline.com/appeal-court-issues-interim-order-preventing-pm-cabinet-from-functioning/


Will market goes back to Bloody red tomorrow onward ?????


#PM Crisis# - Page 6 F11410


Or MS will play another trump before he goes to sleep tonight@ 22:00??????


#PM Crisis# - Page 6 F10010
Bloody Red it is..........

MR please come back........... lol!

141#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Tue Dec 04, 2018 11:15 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator

After Appeal Court Ruling, Ranil Speaking at Public Rally in Galle, Asks Mahinda to Leave in the Name of God Saying “Palayaw Palayaw Sathara Waram Deviyange Namayen Palayaw”.


People will tell Ranil the same thing at a general election!

142#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Fitch downgrades Sri Lanka Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:51 pm

Paypal


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Ryan Hudson wrote:With yesterday's Palayaw Palayaw speech, Ranil has again proved he is not fit even to be a member of a Village Development Society, Hats off to president for the decision, thank you sir

You are correct sir. Coming colors seems to be very good, prosperous & lucrative for Sri Lankans

Fitch Ratings has downgraded Sri Lanka to 'B' from 'B+ saying the sudden appointment of Mahinda Rajapaksa as Prime Minister may worsen budgets, with policy becoming more uncertain and investor confidence falling.
The outlook is stable at the lower level. Moody's had already downgraded Sri Lanka to B2 from B1.

Be happy! Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

143#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:33 am

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Rating organisations have lost their credibility over the years, best example is Arthur Anderson which rated Enron as one of the best, 1 year down the line Enron bankrupt, 

We had the best finance minister Ravi Karunkanayaka, rated by banker magazine, even at that time Ravi was a known robber, 

So, these rating orgs have their credibility at stake due to their global bias towards western bastard countries, you can not hoodwink people by this, they know the truth

144#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:52 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Ryan Hudson wrote:Rating organisations have lost their credibility over the years, best example is Arthur Anderson which rated Enron as one of the best, 1 year down the line Enron bankrupt, 

We had the best finance minister Ravi Karunkanayaka, rated by banker magazine, even at that time Ravi was a known robber, 

So, these rating orgs have their credibility at stake due to their global bias towards western bastard countries, you can not hoodwink people by this, they know the truth
#PM Crisis# - Page 6 A2310

145#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:35 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator

In the backdrop of economic & political instability rating agencies down grading a nation cannot be faulted. Whether we accept it or not there is complete anarchy prevailing in the country at the moment.

The only way out in my opinion is for MS to refer the constitutional crisis to the people's court through a referendum. As the sovereignty rests with the people let the people be judges and decide whether they want an election or not. There is no other means to resolve the current impasse.

146#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:53 am

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

samaritan wrote:In the backdrop of economic & political instability rating agencies down grading a nation cannot be faulted. Whether we accept it or not there is complete anarchy prevailing in the country at the moment.

The only way out in my opinion is for MS to refer the constitutional crisis to the people's court through a referendum. As the sovereignty rests with the people let the people be judges and decide whether they want an election or not. There is no other means to resolve the current impasse.

What sort of democracy is this? In constitution when it is clear that parliament cannot be dissolved before 4.5 yrs he did it, It was clear that RW had confidence in parliament when he faced NCM. And MR doesn't have mandate when MR was defeated in NCM. So the President created whole scenario of hegemonic and Autocratic way. 

Asking for elections or having elections on undue time also not democracy, That's politics of influence, We have witnessed this when in MARA regime, He was having elections province by province creating favorable conditions for him using government machinery and resources to garner support.

How can one expect that the same methods will not be used if elections ever to be held under MR premiership?

If someone needs an election too there is a way to propose that in parliament and have dissolved by proving majority of MP's needs election.

Democracy is not pointing to personal likings or dislikes The president seems not understood that.

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

147#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:29 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator

ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:In the backdrop of economic & political instability rating agencies down grading a nation cannot be faulted. Whether we accept it or not there is complete anarchy prevailing in the country at the moment.

The only way out in my opinion is for MS to refer the constitutional crisis to the people's court through a referendum. As the sovereignty rests with the people let the people be judges and decide whether they want an election or not. There is no other means to resolve the current impasse.

What sort of democracy is this? In constitution when it is clear that parliament cannot be dissolved before 4.5 yrs he did it, It was clear that RW had confidence in parliament when he faced NCM. And MR doesn't have mandate when MR was defeated in NCM. So the President created whole scenario of hegemonic and Autocratic way. 

Asking for elections or having elections on undue time also not democracy, That's politics of influence, We have witnessed this when in MARA regime, He was having elections province by province creating favorable conditions for him using government machinery and resources to garner support.

How can one expect that the same methods will not be used if elections ever to be held under MR premiership?

If someone needs an election too there is a way to propose that in parliament and have dissolved by proving majority of MP's needs election.

Democracy is not pointing to personal likings or dislikes The president seems not understood that.
The ruling UNF does not have simple majority in parliament without the support of TNA & JVP who are in the opposition. Is it democracy for them to support the ruling side and be in the opposition???
Is it democracy for the opposition leader to act as Government Agent???

148#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Wed Dec 05, 2018 2:12 pm

Paypal


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Ryan Hudson wrote:Rating organisations have lost their credibility over the years, best example is Arthur Anderson which rated Enron as one of the best, 1 year down the line Enron bankrupt, 

We had the best finance minister Ravi Karunkanayaka, rated by banker magazine, even at that time Ravi was a known robber, 

So, these rating orgs have their credibility at stake due to their global bias towards western bastard countries, you can not hoodwink people by this, they know the truth

Yes. That's what I told as investors, we will have a better future. The $ is skyrocketing & most of the sectors in the country are flourishing. The best example is Hotel field. The highest booking cancellation ratio so far! The bank interest rate is also rising. Because of this most investors will leave the stock market to deposit their money in banks to earn risk free income. Then we will have the chance to grab more shares at the rock bottom prices. Very Happy

149#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:29 pm

ranferdi

ranferdi
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

samaritan wrote:
ranferdi wrote:
samaritan wrote:In the backdrop of economic & political instability rating agencies down grading a nation cannot be faulted. Whether we accept it or not there is complete anarchy prevailing in the country at the moment.

The only way out in my opinion is for MS to refer the constitutional crisis to the people's court through a referendum. As the sovereignty rests with the people let the people be judges and decide whether they want an election or not. There is no other means to resolve the current impasse.

What sort of democracy is this? In constitution when it is clear that parliament cannot be dissolved before 4.5 yrs he did it, It was clear that RW had confidence in parliament when he faced NCM. And MR doesn't have mandate when MR was defeated in NCM. So the President created whole scenario of hegemonic and Autocratic way. 

Asking for elections or having elections on undue time also not democracy, That's politics of influence, We have witnessed this when in MARA regime, He was having elections province by province creating favorable conditions for him using government machinery and resources to garner support.

How can one expect that the same methods will not be used if elections ever to be held under MR premiership?

If someone needs an election too there is a way to propose that in parliament and have dissolved by proving majority of MP's needs election.

Democracy is not pointing to personal likings or dislikes The president seems not understood that.
The ruling UNF does not have simple majority in parliament without the support of TNA & JVP who are in the opposition. Is it democracy for them to support the ruling side and be in the opposition???
Is it democracy for the opposition leader to act as Government Agent???

UNF = UNP+TNA
Which is having majority.

It was similar to prior scenario UNP+UPFA

Why not the UPFA can sit in opposition now

http://::::THIS EMAIL DOESNT WORK.. PLEASE CONTACT ME ON FB ACCO

150#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:16 am

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

The space is ours; the frame is ours too





Comments / #PM Crisis# - Page 6 V-icon4 1488 Views / Wednesday, 5 December 2018 00:00


[size=11]Facebook
Twitter
[/size]






[size=17]By Ruwanthie de Chickera

Frames of Resistance…
On 28 November, at the annual National Youth Drama Awards held at Nelum Pokuna, two young artists – Surin Chamara and Kasun Ukwatta– made a singular public statement against the prevailing political culture of corruption, greed and shamelessness in this country.
[/size]



#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Image_7ee152b8ef
Like the quiet integrity of the 90-year-old Tamil civil servant, and the flamboyant courage of the young Sinhala artists, let us retain our approval and our association only for those who really deserve it


Dramatically,in full sight of a live audience, these two young artists refused to accept awards from the hands of two chief guest politicians on the stage – Udaya Gammanpila and deleted Dissanayake. They insisted, instead, on receiving their awards from other officials who happened to be there.

In that moment, that awful Nelum Pokuna stage, which is still associated in the public’s mind with the corruption, greed and shamelessness of the Rajapaksa regime, became a site of dignity and of people’s resistance.

In that moment, Rajapaksa’s NelumPokuna stage belonged unequivocally to those two young artists and what they stood for –i.e.the absolute rejection of the politicians standing just next to them.

In that moment, those politicians who had so blatantly pushed their way into a public space and claimed it to promote themselves, were framed within this very same space – madeinto an instant spectacle of rejection, captured on camera, unable to stop smiling, having to keep clapping at their own public humiliation.

These are our sites of public resistance.They belong to us citizens.They must be claimed by us.

The very thing these two young Sinhala boys did so dramatically, in real time and in front of a live audience, was done a few weeks ago at a slower pace by Dr. Devanesan Nesiah – a senior Tamil civil servant of great repute and respect.

Dr. Nesiah, who received a Deshamanya award in 2017 from the hands of President Sirisena, returned this award to the President with an open letter stating his reasons for doing so, within the current political context.Along with the open letter was published a photograph of Dr. Nesiah and the President with the award held between them.

Within the context of Dr. Nesiah returning his award, that single picture – which was originally a picture of him being honoured by the President of this country – becamea picture of him rejecting the worthiness of the President to bestow honour on him.

That picture has now become one of the hallmark pictures of the events over the last five weeks in Sri Lanka.

These are the sites of public resistance.They really do belong to us citizens.But we must have the courage to claim them.

Sites of Resistance…
This is the nature of civilian resistance – and it rests on the fact that who we choose to associate with, and how we choose to associate with them, is ultimately, 100% within the control of each one of us.

Because of the public rejection from ordinary citizens like Ukwatta, Chamara and Nesiah, public figures like Sirisena, Gammanpila and Dissanayake will be remembered (at least in these instances) for their unworthiness and emptiness as men and as leaders.

We need to understand our own power.And we need to act on it.Public figures need endorsement – which means that politicians need our approval of them.This is what makes them legitimate.This is how they survive.This is how they grow.

Every time we pose for a photograph, invite to a ceremony, greet as ‘Honourable’, sponsor, bow, stand up, offer flowers, we are lending the politicians of our country our endorsement, our approval and our own personal dignity.

If this is ours to give, it is also ours to take away.

However, disturbingly, with the current continuing political chaos that has brought our country to its knees; politicians keep getting invited to events, keep getting put on stage, keep being venerated, idolised, and given podiums to speak from.And every time we give them this, they are claiming much more than our time; much more than that physical space on the platform.They are claiming our dignity.Our endorsement.

And make no mistake, in this climate of political breakdown, these men desperately need our endorsement.And also, make no mistake, in this climate of political bankruptcy we lend them this dignity by subjugating our own.

When citizens or organisations undiscerningly associate with politicians of questionable ethics, inconsistency, corruption, we lose something of our personal dignity and Sri Lanka loses more self-respect.We become more and more a country of abject, opportunistic subjects paying homage to our unworthy, opportunistic leaders.

As long as people are willing line up to receive favours, prestige, tax cuts, commissions, jobs, pensions and vehicles from our political leaders, we will be stuck in this loop of legitimising the continuation of corruption, inflated power and unprincipled leadership.

We will only gain as much as we are willing to give up.We will only retain what we never will trade.If we trade in our dignity, we lose our right to own it.If we accept the privileges, we lose the power to critique. 

Enough of the double game.Enough of the excuses.Enough of the casual hypocrisy.It is time we, as citizens, choose who we want to lend the dignity of our association to.Our public spaces belong to us.Who we invite into our lives, who we invite to our gatherings, our meetings, who we receive money from – all these things are entirely and completely within our control.

We need to take a stand – as individuals, as organisations, as corporate bodies, as industries; as schools, as professionals, as artists and primarily as citizens.We own our own bodies, our personal space – and collectively we own public space.

Let us share the dignity of this space with people that we respect, people that we endorse and people that we uphold as worthy of leading this country.Let us stand with them because we choose them.

And if there is no one worthy of this pride of place, let us stand alone, but together as a force that rejects this culture of political dishonesty and abuse of power – and let us reclaim these platforms as sites of civic dignity, values and service.

Like the quiet integrity of the 90-year-old Tamil civil servant, and the flamboyant courage of the young Sinhala artists, let us retain our approval and our association only for those who really deserve it.

151#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:25 am

ruwan326

ruwan326
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yahapalanaya wrote:The space is ours; the frame is ours too





Comments / #PM Crisis# - Page 6 V-icon4 1488 Views / Wednesday, 5 December 2018 00:00


[size=11]Facebook
Twitter
[/size]






[size=17]By Ruwanthie de Chickera

Frames of Resistance…
On 28 November, at the annual National Youth Drama Awards held at Nelum Pokuna, two young artists – Surin Chamara and Kasun Ukwatta– made a singular public statement against the prevailing political culture of corruption, greed and shamelessness in this country.
[/size]





#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Image_7ee152b8ef
Like the quiet integrity of the 90-year-old Tamil civil servant, and the flamboyant courage of the young Sinhala artists, let us retain our approval and our association only for those who really deserve it


Dramatically,in full sight of a live audience, these two young artists refused to accept awards from the hands of two chief guest politicians on the stage – Udaya Gammanpila and deleted Dissanayake. They insisted, instead, on receiving their awards from other officials who happened to be there.

In that moment, that awful Nelum Pokuna stage, which is still associated in the public’s mind with the corruption, greed and shamelessness of the Rajapaksa regime, became a site of dignity and of people’s resistance.

In that moment, Rajapaksa’s NelumPokuna stage belonged unequivocally to those two young artists and what they stood for –i.e.the absolute rejection of the politicians standing just next to them.

In that moment, those politicians who had so blatantly pushed their way into a public space and claimed it to promote themselves, were framed within this very same space – madeinto an instant spectacle of rejection, captured on camera, unable to stop smiling, having to keep clapping at their own public humiliation.

These are our sites of public resistance.They belong to us citizens.They must be claimed by us.

The very thing these two young Sinhala boys did so dramatically, in real time and in front of a live audience, was done a few weeks ago at a slower pace by Dr. Devanesan Nesiah – a senior Tamil civil servant of great repute and respect.

Dr. Nesiah, who received a Deshamanya award in 2017 from the hands of President Sirisena, returned this award to the President with an open letter stating his reasons for doing so, within the current political context.Along with the open letter was published a photograph of Dr. Nesiah and the President with the award held between them.

Within the context of Dr. Nesiah returning his award, that single picture – which was originally a picture of him being honoured by the President of this country – becamea picture of him rejecting the worthiness of the President to bestow honour on him.

That picture has now become one of the hallmark pictures of the events over the last five weeks in Sri Lanka.

These are the sites of public resistance.They really do belong to us citizens.But we must have the courage to claim them.

Sites of Resistance…
This is the nature of civilian resistance – and it rests on the fact that who we choose to associate with, and how we choose to associate with them, is ultimately, 100% within the control of each one of us.

Because of the public rejection from ordinary citizens like Ukwatta, Chamara and Nesiah, public figures like Sirisena, Gammanpila and Dissanayake will be remembered (at least in these instances) for their unworthiness and emptiness as men and as leaders.

We need to understand our own power.And we need to act on it.Public figures need endorsement – which means that politicians need our approval of them.This is what makes them legitimate.This is how they survive.This is how they grow.

Every time we pose for a photograph, invite to a ceremony, greet as ‘Honourable’, sponsor, bow, stand up, offer flowers, we are lending the politicians of our country our endorsement, our approval and our own personal dignity.

If this is ours to give, it is also ours to take away.

However, disturbingly, with the current continuing political chaos that has brought our country to its knees; politicians keep getting invited to events, keep getting put on stage, keep being venerated, idolised, and given podiums to speak from.And every time we give them this, they are claiming much more than our time; much more than that physical space on the platform.They are claiming our dignity.Our endorsement.

And make no mistake, in this climate of political breakdown, these men desperately need our endorsement.And also, make no mistake, in this climate of political bankruptcy we lend them this dignity by subjugating our own.

When citizens or organisations undiscerningly associate with politicians of questionable ethics, inconsistency, corruption, we lose something of our personal dignity and Sri Lanka loses more self-respect.We become more and more a country of abject, opportunistic subjects paying homage to our unworthy, opportunistic leaders.

As long as people are willing line up to receive favours, prestige, tax cuts, commissions, jobs, pensions and vehicles from our political leaders, we will be stuck in this loop of legitimising the continuation of corruption, inflated power and unprincipled leadership.

We will only gain as much as we are willing to give up.We will only retain what we never will trade.If we trade in our dignity, we lose our right to own it.If we accept the privileges, we lose the power to critique. 

Enough of the double game.Enough of the excuses.Enough of the casual hypocrisy.It is time we, as citizens, choose who we want to lend the dignity of our association to.Our public spaces belong to us.Who we invite into our lives, who we invite to our gatherings, our meetings, who we receive money from – all these things are entirely and completely within our control.

We need to take a stand – as individuals, as organisations, as corporate bodies, as industries; as schools, as professionals, as artists and primarily as citizens.We own our own bodies, our personal space – and collectively we own public space.

Let us share the dignity of this space with people that we respect, people that we endorse and people that we uphold as worthy of leading this country.Let us stand with them because we choose them.

And if there is no one worthy of this pride of place, let us stand alone, but together as a force that rejects this culture of political dishonesty and abuse of power – and let us reclaim these platforms as sites of civic dignity, values and service.

Like the quiet integrity of the 90-year-old Tamil civil servant, and the flamboyant courage of the young Sinhala artists, let us retain our approval and our association only for those who really deserve it.
#PM Crisis# - Page 6 A1111

152#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:15 pm

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Now, My3 has done a great job here, he has taken the right decision to chase bank robber Ranil, it has helped the economy, international relations and numerous sectors, you may wonder what????

No this is the truth, you will understand in 3 years time how my3 was correct 

Ranil and his dubious companions were ruining our economy and our unbiased international relationships, 

When it comes to rating orgs, again Im stressing they are biased, specially fitch ratings is biased, 

Best example is arthur andersson and bankers magazine, our economy will not fall, we will stand up and fight for democracy, for general election to elect a parliament with majority

153#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:19 pm

Ryan Hudson


Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

Further more, yesterday Namal Kumara did another revelation that Ranil, Fonsi and Pujitha is connected to attempted kill of Prez, 

Still Ranil, Fonsi and Pujitha is mum about it, it means they have tried this, they have analysed the constitution and were about to do the big game? can we have such a power greedy man as our PM, propose to remove civic rights of Ranil as already recommended in Batalanda commission reoprt

154#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:52 pm

Yahapalanaya

Yahapalanaya
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Ryan Hudson wrote:Now, My3 has done a great job here, he has taken the right decision to chase bank robber Ranil, it has helped the economy, international relations and numerous sectors, you may wonder what????

No this is the truth, you will understand in 3 years time how my3 was correct 

Ranil and his dubious companions were ruining our economy and our unbiased international relationships, 

When it comes to rating orgs, again Im stressing they are biased, specially fitch ratings is biased, 

Best example is arthur andersson and bankers magazine, our economy will not fall, we will stand up and fight for democracy, for general election to elect a parliament with majority
Yes MY3 and MR helped economy. Very Happy That's why no country accepts current horu regime..

Yes rating agency is biased..because jeolous of Srilanka which could compete with US, China etc.. Very Happy Go and tell this storey to methamulana gamayo.. Very Happy

Yes our economy will not fall...That's why spending millions in heli ryde while rich country president going in bicycle.. Very Happy

Now minisua ravattanda baa...

155#PM Crisis# - Page 6 Empty Re: #PM Crisis# Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:02 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator

The present constitutional crisis has become an academic exercise due to ambiguities caused by the 19th amendment while the country is sinking. At this juncture the people's sovereignty should be given due recognition by either declaring a referendum or general election in order to avoid anarchy.

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 8]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum