FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC (JINS.N0000)

+98
ThilinaM
lokka1
player
nosf76677
Ruwan925
PDH
Chanaka303
nuwanmja
KOLAA
Capton KIng Cool
prabath
wisdom79
Winner123
cheetah
DS Wijesinghe
Ranil Ranasinghe
Prasanna Hw
Agape
zenobia
EquityChamp
prasa2004
samaritan
glad
MoneyLover
gayanath1983
fireshelter
bandulawee
epicinvestor
CARACALLA
RPPA
Nuwan Samarawickrama
m2_yapa
Eng Krishantha
cse.lk
Top Trader
kethees
Meman
CSE.SAS
pathfinder
Jeremy
Jiggysaurus
Monster
VALUEPICK
rmark
Malika1990
girihell
troy
Fresher
seek
traderathome
yellow knife
Antonym
swan03
Rajaraam
stumpy
smallville
lemuria
Light of Hope
K.Haputantri
Chinwi
Backstage
monash
greedy
sriranga
Kithsiri
raa
anubis
Jana1
hawklk
godfreydayan
CSE Today
Nigel.Machado
Intrinsic
UKboy
2011_NewComer
san1985
JennyFunny
thighrokker
is
opfdo
RockStock
jake
smalta
TortoizePlus
uditha9
banarahu
SL.Market
Jayasri
dr aruna
mono
Rocky
econ
KDS
Slstock
bliss
Gaja
dhamm
BullionStock
102 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

BullionStock

BullionStock
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Janashakthi Insurance PLC is a Sri Lanka-based insurance company. The Company is engaged in both life insurance and non-life insurance businesses. The Company's product portfolio consists of motor insurance, non motor insurance and life insurance. Its motor insurance includes motor category, which consists of products, such as Full option. The Company's non motor insurance consists of product categories, including engineering, which consists of Contractors All Risk, Election All Risk, Machinery Break Down and Plant All Risk, among others; marine, which consists of Marine Cargo, and Hull and machinery, among others; health, which consists of Janashakthi Pay direct and Janashakthi Premier Medical, and miscellaneous, which consists of Employee protection. Its life insurance consists of product categories, including Janashakthi Life Unlimited and Janashakthi Jeevitha Vardana. Its general insurance consists of personal and business. The Company also offers a range of e-services.

Can anybody elaborate the JINS .

What is its potential price point ?

dhamm

Manager - Equity Analytics

EPS for the first two Qtrs is 0.4. If they produce more than 1/= EPS for yr, its worth more than 20. And people waiting for a dividend from JINS also. If they announce a dividend, the price will shoot. Hope this helps.

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

for me ASIR, AMSL & JINS for stuck in this price level for a long period of time. Anybody have idea about it

bliss

bliss
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

same as with me...holdin JINS now for more than 6 months....wil wait another 6 months....

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics

bliss wrote:same as with me...holdin JINS now for more than 6 months....wil wait another 6 months....

I have been holding for over 2.5 years. Bought some at IPO at Rs 12 then again at around Rs 15-16 last year. It is testing my patience but their dividend were something to lookout for. Let see they will do justice to their share holders;. Their last quarter EPS was not the greatest though they were apparently the market leader in the sector. Let hope all of our sake this quarter they have done well.

Slstock

Slstock

slstock wrote:
bliss wrote:same as with me...holdin JINS now for more than 6 months....wil wait another 6 months....

I have been holding for over 2.5 years. Bought some at IPO at Rs 12 then again at around Rs 15-16 last year. It is testing my patience but their dividend were something to lookout for. Let see they will do justice to their share holders;. Their last quarter EPS was not the greatest though they were apparently the market leader in the sector. Let hope all of our sake this quarter they have done well.

I have lost so many opportunies holding this share where I could have invested the same in another. But... Since i waited 2.5 years I guess I will wait more until it doubles at least Twisted Evil

KDS

KDS
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

JINS is better compared with ASIR & AMSL. Because JINs has been giving good dividends time to time while the price also has appreciated to some extent. But the ASIR & AMSL are stuck with the price appreciation part. Its in the Rs. 9 levels more than a year.

The main reason for the ASIR and AMSL not performing may be due to Softlogic holdings is not allowing the price to appreciate as they want more share (50% +) in order to command the company. With the listing of Softlogic this shares have tendency to go up as per my opinion.

econ

econ
Global Moderator

I think their marketing strategy in CSE is not that good.
many loss making companies trade at very high prices but JINS still trade around 16 .. only 4 rupees up from 2008 IPO..

BullionStock

BullionStock
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Thanks everyone for sharing more about JINS..

So I understand now this stock behaviour in CSE..
I think it more suit for long-term investors .

As correctly said by many of you with your experience of holding onto it.

10JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC (JINS.N0000) Empty This is one Company with Lack Luster Sat Feb 05, 2011 6:27 pm

Rocky

Rocky
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

These sort of companies tend to be taken over eventually.
The staff turnover was very high during the past 2-3 years.
Many due to fraud and other reasons.
Speaks a lot about the ethics and controls within the company.

Also the aggressive marketing and discounting on premiums were taking place to counter the competition.
Continental Insurance (run by Harry J) I am told are even worse. The premiums are rock bottom in order to break into the scene.

Its quite possible that GREG or for that matter HJ may takeover to consolidate their holdings and business share.

mono

mono
Vice President - Equity Analytics

hybrid_OS wrote:These sort of companies tend to be taken over eventually.
The staff turnover was very high during the past 2-3 years.
Many due to fraud and other reasons.
Speaks a lot about the ethics and controls within the company.

Also the aggressive marketing and discounting on premiums were taking place to counter the competition.
Continental Insurance (run by Harry J) I am told are even worse. The premiums are rock bottom in order to break into the scene.

Its quite possible that GREG or for that matter HJ may takeover to consolidate their holdings and business share.

no one is taking over JINS. Do you guys think schaffters will just roll over they have majority holding and have been consolidating it even further since august. I think they now have around 703% of jins under janashakthi limited.

Rocky

Rocky

Do you think the Shafter Boys are the Insurance Business type?

They are clean collared MEGA Players. They have been in the scene before GREG/ERI.
What goes on behind doors is a mystery!!

econ

econ
Global Moderator

It is highly unlikely that shaffters sell #JINS.
It is the main business of them. so how can they survive without their main business.

Rocky

Rocky

I respect your views on JINS.
But.. Having control on the company by Shafters gives them more reason to merger or transfer of ownership.
How many MEGA Insurance players are operating in SL!

Too crowded for these big guys. Best is to merger to obtain synergies of scale.

mono

mono

I highly doubt they will dilute their holding in their major business by going for a merger with someone else.

Gaja

i am not sure about their future plans, but it seems they dispose unrelated business and increase their holding on their core business

dr aruna

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

hi
i think jins is undervalued share . EPS 2.21 year . assets 8.80 RS ,trading at RS 17 . so PE 7.7 .
every year they are giving two divident which are most atractive . what your comments on this

Jayasri

Stock Trader

sector PER = 12.91
JINS EPS = 2.12

Valuation Based on PER is

dr aruna

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

[quote="Jayasri"]sector PER = 12.91
JINS EPS = 2.12

[/qu

thanks .thats mean jins have lost of potentials to move even upto RS 27 . now trading at RS

SL.Market

SL.Market

Jayasri wrote:sector PER = 12.91
JINS EPS = 2.12

this should be trading above 20 in this market.... i think soon this achieve where it should be and i m holding and still buying

banarahu

banarahu

After dividend JINS one of the top losers today... Sad

uditha9

[quote="dr aruna"]hi
i think jins is undervalued share . EPS 2.21 year . assets 8.80 RS ,trading at RS 17 . so PE 7.7 .
every year they are giving two divident which are most atractive . what your comments on this
[ /quote]

another factor that determines the price is the integrity of the director board

TortoizePlus

TortoizePlus

This is one of fundamentally sound share that did not move in this bull market to match with its performance. I don't know whether someone purposely control the share price. I dispose this share after holding sometime as it was failure to generate capital gain that I expected from it. But I agree with all comments as this a share that should move

smalta

smalta
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

i too am holding to this and with hopes to buy if i had more money to invest

the things which make me attract to them r there steady growth and the management.
plus this has the highest share in out of western province as i heard
and the 3rd highest share in insurance market from the whole country (i believe lately NDB aviva is performing more less when comparing to janashakthi and other who up in the list are of course sri lanka insuerance and ceylinco )

the below is only whot i think
as i heard harry J is considering to get in to insurance business back after he lost SL insurance and after continential does not performed as he hope so he can do 2 things since he has money in hand
either he can re invest more money to continential insurance or take over a company which has more market share (and merge the continental with it or keep both separately) so if he consider to take over janashakthi will be a good choice schafters are much more like buying and selling strategy Very Happy

please consider this is only what i think after the way things are happening and i dont know how much of this will be true just thought to share with u guys so do ur own analysis before going forward

25JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC (JINS.N0000) Empty confused Sun Apr 10, 2011 7:46 am

jake

jake
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

smalta wrote:
the things which make me attract to them r there steady growth and the management.

What is that attractive in their management? Shocked

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum