FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» SEMB SEMB
by stockchaser Today at 2:57 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Today at 2:54 pm

» Bullish sentiment returns with market regulator's assurance
by Vishwanarth Today at 2:52 pm

» Price prediction on GRAN and TAFL
by Bakkabwoi Today at 2:33 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by RJ1010 Today at 1:58 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by Vishwanarth Today at 1:49 pm

» SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC (SHL.N0000)
by suku502 Today at 1:32 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by Wickyz Today at 1:19 pm

» Chart 25.02.2021
by stockback Today at 12:41 pm

» DFCC will be receiving Rs.594,538,285.50
by David VKMS Today at 12:20 pm

» is it a good time to sell expo shares
by Kipling Today at 8:39 am

» Current 2021 Februray Unit Trust/Unit Fund Per Annum percentages
by agentnrox Today at 8:13 am

» UNHCR එකේ ලොකූ ටෝක දැම්මට සමහර ඔස්තාර් ලා කියන ආර්තික සම්භාදක අරවා මේවා මුකුත් එන්නේ නැ
by judecroos Today at 7:42 am

» Leading brokers causing market downturn
by Mithooshan Today at 7:40 am

» Must watch this video - unnecessary panic
by Jana Today at 1:03 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by learningthemarket Today at 12:03 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Mr. X Yesterday at 11:28 pm

» Fall seven times, stand up eight.What happened, has happened. Free your mind from it. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Yesterday at 9:21 pm

» RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC (REXP.N0000)
by කොටස් වෙළඳපොළ2020 Yesterday at 9:06 pm

» Unscripted daily drama.Traders are uncertain whether to buy or sell. Stock market for beginners
by Jayashantha Yesterday at 8:40 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION PLC (PABC.N0000)

PAN ASIA BANKING CORPORATION PLC (PABC.N0000)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 6]

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
As stated in the news suspension does not affect other activities of the Bank. What will be future prospects after change of regime?????

hasitha@CSE


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Miss-Sangeetha wrote:
@wallstreetguy wrote:Any news about the bank? Good stock to buy or what?
http://bizenglish.adaderana.lk/pan-asia-banks-suspension-as-primary-dealer-extended-3/
it happen 1 year a go also. https://cdn.cse.lk/cmt/uploadAnnounceFiles/591534327785_388.pdf

Rare


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Hi Friends - just signed in. Will the bond suspension affect share prices?

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
This suspension is in place for sometime. Dont know when they will slap a fine and how much.
I think the market has already taken those details into consideration.

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
According to what i know its difficult to prove any wrong doing by the bank.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
PABC ban was extended in 2019 august 15 for another 6 months.

Today onwards, they are free Smile 

I don't think it will be extended again. Last gov dumbly banned them for a transaction with perpetual treasuries.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@KavinduTM wrote:PABC ban was extended in 2019 august 15 for another 6 months.

Today onwards, they are free Smile 

I don't think it will be extended again. Last gov dumbly banned them for a transaction with perpetual treasuries.

That ban was about primary bond dealings.

PABC was one victim of RW's private revenge list.

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator
PABC act like a baby in the bond scam. We should give them a life time punishment. There reputation /goodwill gone.


_________________




Teller said is said..

ThilinaM

ThilinaM
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
what is PABC role in bond scam??

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
PABC @12. Worthy price to enter.

ThilinaM

ThilinaM
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
wrong PAB will require more capital. right issue should come soon. in right issue the price will be below 10rs. other wise they cant collect funds.

kasun_gimhana

kasun_gimhana
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@ThilinaM . Do you know, how to calculate Basel III requirement? If you know please explain to us

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Minimum requirement before end of 2020 is 20bn bank capital.
Current Bank capital for 2019 3Q was 13bn. And they started to perform well in mid of 2019.

Liabilities are to be decreased.

Can't say about right issue till the 2019 4Q IR. Hope they won't issue rights. 10/= per share is too low. I think  they will issue rights for more than 15/= when the share is trading @18 levels in 2021.

However i don't have much knowledge about that. Correct me if i'm wrong.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Sri Lanka’s central bank extends Pan Asia primary dealer ban for six months


Sri Lanka’s central bank said it will extend the ban on the primary dealership arm of Pan Asia Banking Corporation (PABC), to continue investigations into the so-called bondscam.

The six-month ban is extended with effect from February 15, and is enforced under the Registered Stock and Securities Ordinance and the Local Treasury Bills Ordinance.

The central bank said other operations at PABC will not be disrupted.

PABC’s primary dealership has been suspended since August 2017 for its transactions with Perpetual Treasuries Ltd during a securities fraud which caused losses to the state and the Employees’ Provident Fund, a superannuation fund of private sector worker savings.

Five forensic audits into securities fraud and other issues at the EPF have been completed, while one more is currently ongoing. (Colombo/Feb17/2020)

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
😒😒😒😒😒

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Quibit Good job moving that topic here.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@KavinduTM wrote:Sri Lanka’s central bank extends Pan Asia primary dealer ban for six months


Sri Lanka’s central bank said it will extend the ban on the primary dealership arm of Pan Asia Banking Corporation (PABC), to continue investigations into the so-called bondscam.

The six-month ban is extended with effect from February 15, and is enforced under the Registered Stock and Securities Ordinance and the Local Treasury Bills Ordinance.

The central bank said other operations at PABC will not be disrupted.

PABC’s primary dealership has been suspended since August 2017 for its transactions with Perpetual Treasuries Ltd during a securities fraud which caused losses to the state and the Employees’ Provident Fund, a superannuation fund of private sector worker savings.

Five forensic audits into securities fraud and other issues at the EPF have been completed, while one more is currently ongoing. (Colombo/Feb17/2020)

No need to care about it as PABC was banned for this case since 2017. And extending for 6 months. Then again.

Currently some issues in PABC but it is actually valuable @12/= We can decide to hold or not after the 2019 4Q reports.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@KavinduTM wrote:@Quibit Good job moving that topic here.
I see you always do that. That's really helpful. Specially when @ThilinaM creating hundreds of topics for the same thing 😂

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
PABC 2019 4Q Interim Reports Released!!! 


Pan Asia Bank Records Best Ever Financial Results: Operating Profit for the Year Rs. 3,402 Mn and for the 2019 Q4 Rs. 1,431 Mn


"Pan Asia Banking Corporation PLC, “the Truly Sri Lankan Bank” ended 2019 Q4 with its best financial results ever, to report a Post Tax Profit of Rs.726.84 million during the final quarter"


PAT (Profit After Tax) growth is 58% YoY
Operating profit before all taxes for the quarter is 726 million, increased by 78%  
For Year 2019 Operating Profit before all taxes of Rs. 3,402.68 million, up by 31%
Post Tax Profit of Rs.1,750.56 million in 2019, Increased by 14%

 Return on Equity (2019) -  14.5%
 Return on Equity (2018)     -  13.73%

 Return on Assets (2019) -  1.52%
 Return on Assets (2018)      -  1.28%

 NAV (2019)    -   Rs.30.12
 NAV (2018)      -   Rs.25.41

 The Bank‟s gross loans and advances grew by 3.53% during 2019 to reach Rs. 117.50 Billion as at 31st December 2019.

The Bank‟s deposit base grew by Rs. 3.92 Bn during the year to reach Rs 122.54 Billion as at 31st December 2019. 

The Bank managed to improve CASA ratio by over 100 basis points in 2019.

EPS (2019)    -  Rs.3.96
EPS (2018)      -  Rs.3.48
   
P/E Ratio  -  3.03


Nothing to say. Excellent performance. I recommended this 1 month ago. Still it is possible to collect around 12. They are real winners.

Best share in the current market.

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Take into consideration that a fine is due (re bond scam) when you make your decision

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
@KavinduTM wrote:PABC 2019 4Q Interim Reports Released!!! 


Pan Asia Bank Records Best Ever Financial Results: Operating Profit for the Year Rs. 3,402 Mn and for the 2019 Q4 Rs. 1,431 Mn


"Pan Asia Banking Corporation PLC, “the Truly Sri Lankan Bank” ended 2019 Q4 with its best financial results ever, to report a Post Tax Profit of Rs.726.84 million during the final quarter"


PAT (Profit After Tax) growth is 58% YoY
Operating profit before all taxes for the quarter is 726 million, increased by 78%  
For Year 2019 Operating Profit before all taxes of Rs. 3,402.68 million, up by 31%
Post Tax Profit of Rs.1,750.56 million in 2019, Increased by 14%

 Return on Equity (2019) -  14.5%
 Return on Equity (2018)     -  13.73%

 Return on Assets (2019) -  1.52%
 Return on Assets (2018)      -  1.28%

 NAV (2019)    -   Rs.30.12
 NAV (2018)      -   Rs.25.41

 The Bank‟s gross loans and advances grew by 3.53% during 2019 to reach Rs. 117.50 Billion as at 31st December 2019.

The Bank‟s deposit base grew by Rs. 3.92 Bn during the year to reach Rs 122.54 Billion as at 31st December 2019. 

The Bank managed to improve CASA ratio by over 100 basis points in 2019.

EPS (2019)    -  Rs.3.96
EPS (2018)      -  Rs.3.48
   
P/E Ratio  -  3.03


Nothing to say. Excellent performance. I recommended this 1 month ago. Still it is possible to collect around 12. They are real winners.

Best share in the current market.


Yes this is good share But Kavindu not only reports company trust also importance .
hope you know this,
https://www.newsfirst.lk/2020/02/17/suspension-on-pabc-primary-dealer-unit-extended/

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@glad wrote:Take into consideration that a fine is due (re bond scam) when you make your decision
But still just an allegation right?. Haven't proved PABC are wrong. However i don't know about it much.Even the impact will be low.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@ColomboCSE wrote:
Yes this is good share But Kavindu not only reports company trust also importance .
hope you know this,
https://www.newsfirst.lk/2020/02/17/suspension-on-pabc-primary-dealer-unit-extended/

Yeah i put that news on this topic too. Having that primary dealing ban issue since 2017 August. So , no special worries about it.

Now they are performing their best but market price is near to all time low. This will jump soon.

P/E is 3.03. Such an undervalued share (Not only considering the P/E)

There are few issues like they mentioned above. But they doesn't deserve this much low price. So 12/= will be a good entry.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@KavinduTM wrote:
@ColomboCSE wrote:
Yes this is good share But Kavindu not only reports company trust also importance .
hope you know this,
https://www.newsfirst.lk/2020/02/17/suspension-on-pabc-primary-dealer-unit-extended/

Yeah i put that news on this topic too. Having that primary dealing ban issue since 2017 August. So , no special worries about it.

Now they are performing their best but market price is near to all time low. This will jump soon.

P/E is 3.03. Such an undervalued share (Not only considering the P/E)

There are few issues like they mentioned above. But they doesn't deserve this much low price. So 12/= will be a good entry.
I am seeing this as a good opportunity.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
 PABC is leading by having highest ROE in Banking sector.


 PABC - Return on Equity -   14.50%
 NDB -   Return on Equity   -     13.73%
 COMB - Return on Equity   -     12.12%
 SAMP - Return on Equity   -      11.78%
 NTB -  Return on Equity    -      11.27%
 HDFC- Return on Equity    -      10.11% 
 SEYB - Return on Equity   -        9.30%
 HNB -  Return on Equity   -        9.06%
  DFCC - Return on Equity   -       4.80%
 ABL -   Return on Equity   -        4.70%
 UBC -  Return on Equity    -       4.18%
 SDB -  Return on Equity    -       1.72%

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum