FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

 
 
 

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» LLUB=BULL Chevron Lanka Lubricant Target Price Rs 150..
by Thushara Ayya Today at 7:17 am

» BANKING SECTOR
by Thushara Ayya Today at 7:14 am

» Prime Residencies IPO. Over Priced?
by madukp Today at 12:37 am

» SL market is gaining it's momentum despite all threats
by madukp Today at 12:18 am

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by soileconomy Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» AMF will reach its high again?
by Bakka1988 Yesterday at 11:07 pm

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Captain Yesterday at 10:57 pm

» CAUTION FOR THOSE WHO ARE ABOUT TO BUY MORE
by THUWA Yesterday at 9:20 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions update
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 9:04 pm

» R I L PROPERTY PLC (RIL.N0000)
by High-flyer Yesterday at 8:25 pm

» Directors' Dealings 17/06/2021
by SAGA Yesterday at 6:01 pm

» L B FINANCE PLC (LFIN.N0000)
by SAGA Yesterday at 5:37 pm

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by Wickyz Yesterday at 5:27 pm

» Top Foreign Tradings today - 17/06/2021
by SAGA Yesterday at 5:23 pm

» ‘‘ඔන්ලයින් හරහා අරක්කු බෙදනවාට මා තරයේ විරුද්ධයි‘‘ - රාජ්‍ය අමාත්‍ය
by Wickyz Yesterday at 12:37 pm

» FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC (CFVF.N0000)
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 11:35 am

» Watch COCR.N
by judecroos Yesterday at 9:17 am

» HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC
by samansilva Wed Jun 16, 2021 11:14 pm

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by SAGA Wed Jun 16, 2021 8:57 pm

» Directors' Dealings 16/06/2021
by SAGA Wed Jun 16, 2021 7:33 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute


Submit Post

CHRONICLE ANALYTICS
All Share Index (ASI), S&P, Milanka Price Index (MPI), Moving Averages and all other analytical graphs and charts

Contribute

Twitter Feeds

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

chandike73


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
LLUB will pass 80 after this quarterly report and EPS exceeds 10 for this year

wgsaman


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@chandike73 wrote:LLUB will pass 80 after this quarterly report and EPS exceeds 10 for this year
EPS over 10 means DPS become 10. Good choice on current market. More than 10% ROI

GOSL


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Island-wide raids on low quality lubricants

​​​​​​​
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) has decided to investigate the import, production, distribution and sale of lubricants and related products in Sri Lanka from today due to the increase of consumer complaints on low-quality lubricants in the market.

Accordingly, the raids on illegal lubricants products will be carried out island-wide by CAA with the assistance of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL), the shadow regulator of the lubricant market of Sri Lanka.

A large number of illicit lubricant products were seized in 15 raids yesterday (17th Feb 2020) and the value of the products is estimated to be around 2.5 million rupees

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
LLUB has been asking for such measures for over 10 years. Hope this action will stop all low quality oil in the market.

GOSL


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Yes , hope it will grow back to it's glory days.They have done really well in the last quarter , we can expect a similar performance in this quarter as well.

Sanju121


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@GOSL wrote:
Island-wide raids on low quality lubricants

​​​​​​​
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) has decided to investigate the import, production, distribution and sale of lubricants and related products in Sri Lanka from today due to the increase of consumer complaints on low-quality lubricants in the market.

Accordingly, the raids on illegal lubricants products will be carried out island-wide by CAA with the assistance of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL), the shadow regulator of the lubricant market of Sri Lanka.

A large number of illicit lubricant products were seized in 15 raids yesterday (17th Feb 2020) and the value of the products is estimated to be around 2.5 million rupees
LLUB will be above 100 in future.

Main reason is that Base oil(Main material for Lubricant) in market got lowest comparing to 5 year period...within two or three quarters will will see a major profitability..Current management is very good and motivated to drive the company to new phase....

I could see a major collection going on LLUB... Invest wisely...

BUY WHEN DUMMIES SELL 
SELL WHEN DUMMIES BUY   Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

ampm86


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Sanju121 wrote:
@GOSL wrote:
Island-wide raids on low quality lubricants

​​​​​​​
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) has decided to investigate the import, production, distribution and sale of lubricants and related products in Sri Lanka from today due to the increase of consumer complaints on low-quality lubricants in the market.

Accordingly, the raids on illegal lubricants products will be carried out island-wide by CAA with the assistance of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL), the shadow regulator of the lubricant market of Sri Lanka.

A large number of illicit lubricant products were seized in 15 raids yesterday (17th Feb 2020) and the value of the products is estimated to be around 2.5 million rupees
LLUB will be above 100 in future.

Main reason is that Base oil(Main material for Lubricant) in market got lowest comparing to 5 year period...within two or three quarters will will see a major profitability..Current management is very good and motivated to drive the company to new phase....

I could see a major collection going on LLUB... Invest wisely...

BUY WHEN DUMMIES SELL 
SELL WHEN DUMMIES BUY   Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


I don't think it will pass 100 in near future.

Sanju121


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@ampm86 wrote:
@Sanju121 wrote:
@GOSL wrote:
Island-wide raids on low quality lubricants

​​​​​​​
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) has decided to investigate the import, production, distribution and sale of lubricants and related products in Sri Lanka from today due to the increase of consumer complaints on low-quality lubricants in the market.

Accordingly, the raids on illegal lubricants products will be carried out island-wide by CAA with the assistance of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL), the shadow regulator of the lubricant market of Sri Lanka.

A large number of illicit lubricant products were seized in 15 raids yesterday (17th Feb 2020) and the value of the products is estimated to be around 2.5 million rupees
LLUB will be above 100 in future.

Main reason is that Base oil(Main material for Lubricant) in market got lowest comparing to 5 year period...within two or three quarters will will see a major profitability..Current management is very good and motivated to drive the company to new phase....

I could see a major collection going on LLUB... Invest wisely...

BUY WHEN DUMMIES SELL 
SELL WHEN DUMMIES BUY   Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


I don't think it will pass 100 in near future.
OK,,,Have you check the order book?Thanks for your feedback

ampm86


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@Sanju121 wrote:
@ampm86 wrote:
@Sanju121 wrote:
@GOSL wrote:
Island-wide raids on low quality lubricants

​​​​​​​
The Consumer Affairs Authority (CAA) has decided to investigate the import, production, distribution and sale of lubricants and related products in Sri Lanka from today due to the increase of consumer complaints on low-quality lubricants in the market.

Accordingly, the raids on illegal lubricants products will be carried out island-wide by CAA with the assistance of the Public Utilities Commission of Sri Lanka (PUCSL), the shadow regulator of the lubricant market of Sri Lanka.

A large number of illicit lubricant products were seized in 15 raids yesterday (17th Feb 2020) and the value of the products is estimated to be around 2.5 million rupees
LLUB will be above 100 in future.

Main reason is that Base oil(Main material for Lubricant) in market got lowest comparing to 5 year period...within two or three quarters will will see a major profitability..Current management is very good and motivated to drive the company to new phase....

I could see a major collection going on LLUB... Invest wisely...

BUY WHEN DUMMIES SELL 
SELL WHEN DUMMIES BUY   Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy


I don't think it will pass 100 in near future.
OK,,,Have you check the order book?Thanks for your feedback
yes I have checked Very Happy:D:D

Sanju121


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Voting share (N):

Date of initial announcement:
24 Feb 2020

Dividend per share (Rs.):
Voting :2.000

Type of dividend:
Fourth interim

Financial year:
2019

Shareholder approval:
Not required

XD date:
04 Mar 2020

Payment date:
16 Mar 2020

Share transfer book:
Open

Sanju121


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
https://www.cse.lk/home/company-info/LLUB.N0000/financial

ThilinaM

ThilinaM
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
how llub give all eps as dividents?? are there no legal limits

wgsaman

wgsaman
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Sanju121 wrote:https://www.cse.lk/home/company-info/LLUB.N0000/financial
Hi,
There is no legal limit. They can pay more than EPS if they need

Sanju121


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
@ThilinaM wrote:how llub give all eps as dividents?? are there no legal limits
check Retained earnings

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@wgsaman wrote:
@Sanju121 wrote:https://www.cse.lk/home/company-info/LLUB.N0000/financial
Hi,
There is no legal limit. They can pay more than EPS if they need

Yeah i think same.

Sanju121


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)  - Page 2 Llub210[url=https://servimg.com/view/20171053/2]CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)  - Page 2 Llub110
[/url]CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)  - Page 2 Llub10

Sanju121


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
REMEMBER LLUB is getting a tax reduction from JAN 2020 onwards...refer the chart by softlogic brokersCHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)  - Page 2 Llub310

Sanju121


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Chevron ploughs ahead with strong top and bottom line performance in 4Q Revenue jumped and profit surged at Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLC during the three months ended December 31, 2019 (4Q19) as the company reported two quarters of positive results, ending a prolonged weak performance.

Sri Lanka’s lubricant market leader reported revenues of Rs.2.5 billion for the quarter under review, up 15 percent year-on-year (YOY).

This is the second consecutive quarter where the company was able to record double digit expansion in the top line in a market fraught with intense competition and an economy which was losing steam.

Currently, there are 13 licensed lubricant players while the industry was also liberalised under the previous government, which resulted in mushrooming of lubricant importers. Sri Lanka’s lubricant market sales data available up to June last year showed a contraction in the market to 14, 852 kilo litres from 16, 228 kilo litres in the same period a year ago.

However, Chevron Lubricant’s market share rose to 40.88 percent from 38.46 percent during the two periods but the volumes sold declined slightly.

The strong top line is an indication that the company has found the right strategy after prolonged spell of declining sales and market share.

The current dry spell of weather could also bode well for Chevron as it generates demand for lubricants to run the country’s multiple thermal power plants.

The company, which markets lubricants under Caltex brand, reported an operating profit of Rs.597.1 million, up 62 percent YOY.

The company reported earnings of Rs.1.81 a share or Rs.434.6 million for the quarter under review compared to earnings of Rs.1.13 a share or Rs.271.2 million in the corresponding period of previous year, registering a 60 percent growth in the bottom line.

Meanwhile for the year ended December 31, 2019 (FY19), the company reported earnings of Rs.8.75 a share or Rs.2.1 billion compared to earnings of Rs.8.30 a share or Rs.1.99 billion in FY18.

The total revenue for the year was Rs.11.9 billion, up 9 percent YOY.

The company’s share ended 10 cents or 0.14 percent higher at Rs.72 yesterday.

Chevron Lubricant Lanka is one of the few companies doing lubricant blending in Sri Lanka.

The firm’s parent, Chevron Corporation is a multinational company, which engages in both upstream and downstream segments of energy and chemical operations.

Chevron Ceylon Limited holds 51 percent stake in Chevron Lubricants Lanka PLC as the controlling shareholder.

chandike73

chandike73
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Yap. Agreed. And also the government is taking necessary action to prevent low-quality products  entering the market.

ChooBoy


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)  - Page 2 Ecdadd10

Soilconomy


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
LLUB will get the tax reduction and also when the BASE Oil price goes down their Raw material costs gets down...After two quarters this will be higher that we can expect....

There was a time when LLUB was trading around 350 level after going from 120 level..and that period also Base Oil Price was very low....Investing is easy when you know what to look for and which is better....Those who collected below 70 will be happy and still train not yet gone from station....

Anyway This is not a recommendation,You average IQ person can understand.....cheers and invest in great companies like LLUB,JKH,HEXP,HAYC,TJL,SAMP,COMB and you will be winners...

Always reinvest dividends to buy new shares of the same companies you have...

Look at below if you had invested in below company its easier to get monthly dividend income...its not rocket science...just need to invest wisely.check the reports these companies are best to invest....GL all..

JAN JKH\HAYC\HEXP\BPPL
FEB LLUB #TJL         
MAR HAYC /#HEXP   
APR LLUB              
MAY JKH             
JUL #BPPL   #TJL     
AUG LLUB              
SEP HAYC / #HEXP      
OCT LLUB          
NOV JKH             
DEC #HEXP           

nuwanmja

nuwanmja
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Guys, do you know why LLUB price down ?

Beta1

Beta1
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@nuwanmja wrote:Guys, do you know why LLUB price down ?
 today is ex date for dividend

nuwanmja

nuwanmja
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
ah forgot it.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
But it is a good buy around 68/=

nuwanmja

nuwanmja
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
waiting to buy arround 65 or below

EquityPlus


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

48CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC (LLUB.N0000)  - Page 2 Empty Thoughts on LLUB Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:04 am

Enoka Fernandez


Stock Analytic
Stock Analytic
Price had not fluctuated very much and traded volume is reasonably heavy, 
Any thoughts on this share pls.

ErangaDS

ErangaDS
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics
2019-
EPS 8.75
DPS 7.75
1) crude oil were traded above $60/per barrel troughout 2019
2) The company has managed to increase their market share by 6-8% during the year ( currently having 44% share of lubricant market in Sri Lanka )
“After two consecutive years of de-growth, the Retail channel demonstrated a growth of 4% over prior year by introducing low end cheaper products to the market (Annual report)
3)Increased Export volumes (Bangladesh) by 18%

2020- Covid 19 & going ahead-
1) Top line could be reduced due to Covid 19 impact on the economic activities but it will off set by the reduction Crude prices(almost 50% reduction).There for very little or no impact on the bottom line.

“Sri Lanka generated 12,46,863 MWh of electricity in January, 1,228,279 MWh in February, 1,206,069 MWh in March and 964,043 MWh in April 2020.Coal has contributed 41 per cent for the total electricity generation in Jan – Apr 2020 while Major hydro has contributed 21 per cent, and thermal oil has contributed 38 per cent.
- since being a major contributor to the thermal oil energy generators , this will help the companies revenue generation during the hard hit first quarter due to lockdown.

2) Going forward the company will get strong competition mainly from CEPETCO & LIOC, but being the market leader they are in a good position by adopting good strategies to increase the local market as well as the foreign markets.

*Dividend policy would be the most attractive factor when it comes to LLUB*
The company known for paying 💯 earnings as dividends
I’m expecting them to do the same earnings as last year,RS 8.75 & to declare a Dividend of 8.5RS ( mainly due to cash flow issues facing by its parent company in the US , due to lockdown & lower oil prices)

Currently LLUB trading @ 68 (12.5% dividend yield) where as FD rates around 7-8% .
I’m expecting LLUB to come back to its glory days with 10+ earnings when the economic activities started to picked up(post Covid)
*This is an another share similar to RCL , has the ability to trade above 100 in the medium term.
********I’d buy this as an investment for the long term*******

agentnrox likes this post

MAWI


Stock Trader
What about their exports to Bangladesh?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum