FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Yesterday at 11:00 am

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Yesterday at 8:51 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Yesterday at 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Yesterday at 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Yesterday at 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by kasunkumara Thu Mar 14, 2024 4:41 pm

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 14, 2024 7:19 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by nilantha suranga Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:19 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

» LOLC Group's stunning performance goes beyond numbers!
by bkasun Sun Mar 10, 2024 7:21 pm

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:39 pm

» Focus on Government controlled entities
by ErangaDS Thu Mar 07, 2024 6:33 pm

» Will CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC (CTC.N0000) delist from the CSE?
by rajithasahan Mon Mar 04, 2024 10:40 am

» EXPO.N - Expo Lanka Holdings De-Listing
by smallinvestor Fri Mar 01, 2024 4:50 pm

» ලොව වැඩිම පොලී ගෙවන රට බවට ශ්‍රි ලංකාව පත් වෙයි
by Beyondsenses Fri Mar 01, 2024 3:43 pm

» Suspension of Parate Execution: Impact to Banking Sector Shares
by God Father Fri Mar 01, 2024 7:15 am

» TAFL is the most undervalued & highly potential counter in the Poultry Sector
by atdeane Thu Feb 29, 2024 10:33 pm

» Excellent Report pending From CTC (Keep eye on CTC )
by ddrperera Thu Feb 29, 2024 7:11 pm

» Investor Alert: Sri Lanka Stock Brokering Mafia Strongly Active!
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Feb 29, 2024 6:29 am

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000)

+60
K.R
ErangaDS
RJ1010
engineer
judecroos
xhora
jaya
Love Boy
kanchpre
srad11
KavinduTM
Dil123
kumarweerarathne
Gajaya
ColomboCSE
Sajeewa Niranjan
ipo
NANDANA2012
abey
Quibit
ThilinaM
KOLAA
nuwanmja
Beta1
Winner123
nosf76677
glad
EquityChamp
roshan1039
Cricketman
shalika.56
fireshelter
arun.cse
wisdom79
moneymakerlk
karuna2
Yahapalanaya
hammurabi
sanjulanka
Miss-Sangeetha
Soilconomy
Uaecoindubai
Lucky Gamage
aero
Jaya sri
dow
bullstreet
GameUP1030
karuna
capitallinkceylon
bullseye
Aubrey Perera
navipayagala
Ok One
sharemarket
TraderCSE
NZ BOY
nis2010
SLBOY
Teller
64 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 10]

Teller

Teller

A total of 22 registered Insurers compete in terms of market share of which 12 are composites (Life Insurance and General Insurance). Ceylinco leads the Long term insurance business with Gross Written Premium (GWP) of Rs.10, 829mn with 26.93% market share (2013 IBSL Annual report). SLIC, AIA, UAL and Asian Alliance were able to secure top five positions in the
market.

Life insurance penetration in Sri Lanka is currently 0.5% as a percentage of GDP (2013 data) which is very low compared to other countries in the region (India
3.10%). Hence, there is tremendous untapped potential in the life insurance business in Sri Lanka.
Per capita GDP in 2013 reached USD 3,280 compared to USD 2,922 in 2012, and is on its way up to reach UDS 4,000 by 2016. This improves the disposable
income level which can result in an increase in the life insurance penetration level in the industry.
 See the following data  comparison  As  on  September 2014,

Union Assurance PLC  -  UAL.N0000  EPS    13.27   NAV (RS) 61.88    PE (X) 12.06    PBV (X) 2.59   price 160.00
Ceylinco Insurance PLC CINS.N0000 EPS (RS)  92.22  NAV(RS) 692.16  PE(X)  14.72   PBV(X) 1.96    price 1,357.00
Ceylinco Insurance PLC (X) CINS.X0000 EPS(RS)  92.22 NAV(RS) 692.16 PE(X) 5.75 PBV(X) 0.77   Price 530.00
AIA Insurance Lanka CTCE.N0000  EPS(RS) 18.78  NAV(RS) 157.78   PE(X) 16.13  PBV(X)  1.92  Price  302.90
Asian Alliance Insurance PLC AAIC.N000  EPS(RS) 27.01 NAV(RS)  68.68 PE(X)  5.48   PBV(X)  2.15    Price 147.90
Janashakthi Insurance PLC JINS.N0000 EPS (RS)  3.18  NAV (RS) 13.04  PE(X) 7.08  PBV(X) 1.7 price 22.50
HNB Assurance PLC HASU.N000  EPS(RS) 7.32 NAV(RS) 44.71  PE(X)  10.98  PBV(X)  1.80  price 80.40

Market leader Ceylinco insuarance & AIA insurance 14.72 & 16.13  of price earning ratio but  AAIC TRADES ON 5.48 times PE .
Average sector PE should be ( 14.72+16.73) /2 = 15.72
AAIC should trade on  15.72/5.48 =  2.86 times
So market price should be = 2.86 X 147.90 = Rs.422.99

This is the scenario on 30.09.2014 but based on average growth in insurance sector  10% can be expected .

Price adjustment should be RS 465.289

As we awrae that 1 for 10 split ,
I strongly believe this should be traded nearly 50/- before ending this year .

AAIC has attractive ratios , 14 new branches opened recently with flexible insurance plans .

Best of luck .

Last edited by CHRONICLE™ on Sat Jun 05, 2021 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

SLBOY

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Today also there were lot of selling.... Sad. However I will keep this share and collect more if it is further down.

Teller

Teller

Dont worry SLBOY, you are a real winner. AAIC has great past,present and great future too. See their dividend payment and its improvement while companies earning growth.
Date of Announcement: - 13.Feb.2015
Dividend per Share: - Rs. 5.00 per share / Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2014/2015
XD: - 25.Feb.2015
Payment: - 09.Mar.2015
Share Transfer Book Open

Date of Announcement: - 14.Nov.2014
Dividend per Share: - Rs. 5.00 per share / Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2014
XD: - 25.Nov.2014
Payment: - 04.Dec.2014
Share Transfer Book Open

Date of Announcement: - 17.Feb.2014
Dividend per Share: - Rs. 4.80 per share / Interim Dividend
Financial Year: - 2013
XD: - 26.Feb.2014
Payment: - 10.Mar.2014
Share Transfer Book Open

Date of Announcement: - 22.Feb.2012
Rate of Dividend: - Rs. 2.00 per share / Final Dividend
Financial Year: - 2011
Shareholder Approval: - Required
AGM: - 26.Mar.2012
XD: - 27.Mar.2012
Payment: - 04.Apr.2012
Share Transfer Book Open

DIVIDEND ANNOUNCEMENT   
16 February 2010
Company ID:- AAIC 

Date of Announcement:- 16.February.2010 

Rate of Dividend:- Rs.1.30 per share Final Dividend 

Financial Year:- 2009 

Shareholder Approval:- Required 

AGM:-22-Mar-2010 

XD:-23.Mar.2010 

Payment:- 01.Apr.2010 

Share Transfer Book Open 

Final Dividend   
20 February 2009
Date of Announcement:- 19.Feb.2009 
Rate of Dividend:- Rs.1.25 per Share - Final Dividend 
Financial Year:- 2008 
AGM:- 26.Mar.2009 
XD:- 27.Mar.2009 
Payment:- 02.Apr.2009 
Share Transfer Book Open 
Final Dividend   
19 February 2009
Date of Announcement:- 19.Feb.2009 
Rate of Dividend:- Rs.1.25 per Share - Final Dividend 
Financial Year:- 2008 
Dates to be notified

Last edited by Teller on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:30 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

Teller

Teller

It must pass JINS trading price very soon. If JINS IS trading 23/-, AAIC Must trade @ 31.50. These are the secrets which must be understood by intelligence investors.

nis2010

Teller wrote:It must pass JINS trading price very soon. If JINS IS trading 23/-,  AAIC Must trade @ 31.50.  These are the secrets which must be understood by intelligence investors.
who bought at high price they will sell before steady below 20.50

Teller

Teller

Almost traded 1.2 million after split. If it trades another 1.2 million,the price will be 26 plus. AAIC has only 4 million public float after split. I expect 2.4 million will arrive to market. 50% Almost traded. My calculations will work surely. Who ever trust me never loose. Enjoy:-)

NZ BOY

NZ BOY

Teller wrote:Almost traded 1.2 million after split. If it trades another 1.2 million,the price will be 26 plus. AAIC has only 4 million public float after split.  I expect 2.4 million will arrive to market. 50% Almost traded. My calculations will work surely. Who ever trust me never loose. Enjoy:-)
Yes Now Buying Pressure Increasing

TraderCSE

Manager - Equity Analytics

nis2010 wrote:
Teller wrote:It must pass JINS trading price very soon. If JINS IS trading 23/-,  AAIC Must trade @ 31.50.  These are the secrets which must be understood by intelligence investors.
who bought at high price they will sell before steady below 20.50

nis2010, let them sell. I'm ready to buy at 21. 

I already bought 50,000 and need further 50,000 @ 21. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

sharemarket

sharemarket

Teller wrote:Almost traded 1.2 million after split. If it trades another 1.2 million,the price will be 26 plus. AAIC has only 4 million public float after split.  I expect 2.4 million will arrive to market. 50% Almost traded. My calculations will work surely. Who ever trust me never loose. Enjoy:-)
100 % agree with you,,,, Very Happy

TraderCSE

No doubt, The full credit should goes to Teller. He has done a remarkable job. Thanks my friend.

nis2010

finally it got some fuel to run Laughing cheers

Ok One

We know the u......Good job I love you I love you I love you

Teller

Teller

No need thanks, even i recommend or not,buy or not, this share will go up. I wanted to advise new comers to buy this share. AAIC is really strong share. Arpico insuarance is trading highly over value above (40x of PE ratio), but AAIC trades nearly 6 times of PE. In this scenario AAIC is massively under value. See how the order book was cleared today. When it bullish no buyers at all. It will pass JINS price tomorrow and will reach 26 on my,very soon target. Do not forget the important thing which is Only rs.50 million need to push this to rs.30. This is based on my calculations and all calculations with me to prove. Thats the reason im so confident to forcast this price.

Ok One

Teller wrote:No need thanks, even i recommend or not,buy or not, this share will go up. I wanted to advise new comers to buy this share. AAIC is really strong share. Arpico insuarance is trading highly over value above (40x of PE ratio), but AAIC trades nearly 6 times of PE. In this scenario AAIC is massively under value. See how the order book was cleared today. When it bullish no buyers at all. It will pass JINS price tomorrow and will reach 26 on my,very soon target. Do not forget the important thing which is Only rs.50 million need to push this to rs.30.  This is based on my calculations and all calculations with me to prove. Thats the reason  im so confident to forcast thi
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy 
Nice Im learning something Gentlemen  moderate Thank GL  I love you I love you I love you

nis2010

AAIC is coming down slowly .

navipayagala

navipayagala
Stock Trader

how long doe sit take to reach 30?

nis2010

navipayagala wrote:how long doe sit take to reach 30?
SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC (AAIC.N0000) Waitin10

nis2010

AAIC coming down slowly below 19

TraderCSE

Teller wrote:No need thanks, even i recommend or not,buy or not, this share will go up. I wanted to advise new comers to buy this share. AAIC is really strong share. Arpico insuarance is trading highly over value above (40x of PE ratio), but AAIC trades nearly 6 times of PE. In this scenario AAIC is massively under value. See how the order book was cleared today. When it bullish no buyers at all. It will pass JINS price tomorrow and will reach 26 on my,very soon target. Do not forget the important thing which is Only rs.50 million need to push this to rs.30.  This is based on my calculations and all calculations with me to prove. Thats the reason  im so confident to forcast this price.

Teller, can you rework with your calculations and project a reasonable price forecast for AAIC.

We saw lot of Selling pressure during last few days, and trading between 20-21.

Teller

Teller

We cant get a conclusion based on one quarter results. AAIC has delivered a better EPS in last quarter,so definitely best in next quarter. they had to bear much cost for new 14 branch openings in last quarters. Those branches will perform better way during coming quarters also There will be a dividend in coming november too. We can see another positive thing During the last quarter there were lot of new share holders came under 20 holders list. Those have baught 17-20/- range to become largest holders. So they will grab more shares at these levels. It looks Some people got panic and sold AAIC in low prices. I am accumulating this in current levels. AAIC is one of my life long investments. It can pass 30 levels easily in a very short time. Still it is so positive as maintaining good support level over 20/levels
It stands 20 means 200 before split so still most of investors are in profit. Time to time investors are looking for some market segments so some of them sold AAIC and switch to poultry stocks. Thats their personal decisions. We cant keep all type of shares in our portfolios, even we dont have much buying powers to do so. Bear in mind that Insurance sector has much stability than any other sectors. Who ever hold definitely winners. When ceylinco trades at very low price no one believe it could pass 1000 rupees. so there should be some rest to stocks & AAIC is in rest levels. Finally believe your holdings with a great trust.

AAIC can post minimum yearly EPS rs 2.80/-
then share price adjustment should be at least 42/- rupees. It will touch 30 levels very easily in correct time. No need to panic at the moment. BL

TraderCSE

Thanks Teller for your valuable comments. Hope for the best.

nis2010

Teller wrote:A total of 22 registered Insurers compete in terms of market share of which 12 are composites (Life Insurance and General Insurance). Ceylinco leads the Long term insurance business with Gross Written Premium (GWP) of Rs.10, 829mn with 26.93% market share (2013 IBSL Annual report). SLIC, AIA, UAL and Asian Alliance were able to secure top five positions in the
market.

Life insurance penetration in Sri Lanka is currently 0.5% as a percentage of GDP (2013 data) which is very low compared to other countries in the region (India
3.10%). Hence, there is tremendous untapped potential in the life insurance business in Sri Lanka.
Per capita GDP in 2013 reached USD 3,280 compared to USD 2,922 in 2012, and is on its way up to reach UDS 4,000 by 2016. This improves the disposable
income level which can result in an increase in the life insurance penetration level in the industry.
 See the following data  comparison  As  on  September 2014,

Union Assurance PLC  -  UAL.N0000  EPS    13.27   NAV (RS) 61.88    PE (X) 12.06    PBV (X) 2.59   price 160.00
Ceylinco Insurance PLC CINS.N0000 EPS (RS)  92.22  NAV(RS) 692.16  PE(X)  14.72   PBV(X) 1.96    price 1,357.00
Ceylinco Insurance PLC (X) CINS.X0000 EPS(RS)  92.22 NAV(RS) 692.16 PE(X) 5.75 PBV(X) 0.77   Price 530.00
AIA Insurance Lanka CTCE.N0000  EPS(RS) 18.78  NAV(RS) 157.78   PE(X) 16.13  PBV(X)  1.92  Price  302.90
Asian Alliance Insurance PLC AAIC.N000  EPS(RS) 27.01 NAV(RS)  68.68 PE(X)  5.48   PBV(X)  2.15    Price 147.90
Janashakthi Insurance PLC JINS.N0000 EPS (RS)  3.18  NAV (RS) 13.04  PE(X) 7.08  PBV(X) 1.7 price 22.50
HNB Assurance PLC HASU.N000  EPS(RS) 7.32 NAV(RS) 44.71  PE(X)  10.98  PBV(X)  1.80  price 80.40

Market leader Ceylinco insuarance & AIA insurance 14.72 & 16.13  of price earning ratio but  AAIC TRADES ON 5.48 times PE .
Average sector PE should be ( 14.72+16.73) /2 = 15.72
AAIC should trade on  15.72/5.48 =  2.86 times
So market price should be = 2.86 X 147.90 = Rs.422.99

This is the scenario on 30.09.2014 but based on average growth in insurance sector  10% can be expected .

Price adjustment should be RS 465.289

As we awrae that 1 for 10 split ,
I strongly believe this should be traded nearly 50/- before ending this year .

AAIC has attractive ratios , 14 new branches opened recently with flexible insurance plans .

Best of luck .
Do you have an idea about aaic trading below 19.80???

Aubrey Perera

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

All good things come to those who wait .GL

nis2010

when this crap(AAIC) will going up???

bullseye

bullseye