FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

Click Link to get instant AI answers to all business queries.
Click Link to find latest Economic Outlook of Sri Lanka
Click Link to view latest Research and Analysis of the key Sectors and Industries of Sri Lanka
Worried about Paying Taxes? Click Link to find answers to all your Tax related matters
Do you have a legal issues? Find instant answers to all Sri Lanka Legal queries. Click Link
Latest images

Latest topics

» McDonald’s අපේ නෙමෙයි අපේ බෝස්ගේ – අබාන්ස් කියයි
by ChooBoy Today at 10:19 am

» AI Assistance for Stock Market Research and Analysis
by ChatGPT Today at 7:12 am

» Comparative Analysis of the Insurance Sector
by God Father Tue Mar 26, 2024 11:46 pm

» Sri Lanka: Why Pay Exorbitant Taxes?
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 10:52 pm

» LANKA CREDIT AND BUSINESS FINANCE PLC (LCBF.N0000)
by K.R Tue Mar 26, 2024 3:15 pm

» CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC (CIND.N0000)
by D.G.Dayaratne Tue Mar 26, 2024 9:11 am

» SIYAPATHA FINANACE PLC (SLFL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:58 am

» FINANCE AND LEASING SECTOR
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:45 am

» LOLC FINANCE PLC (LOFC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:36 am

» CIC HOLDINGS PLC (CIC.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:18 am

» UNION ASSURANCE PLC (UAL.N0000)
by ChatGPT Mon Mar 25, 2024 6:15 am

» First Capital Holdings PLC: Current Financial performance and future outlook
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 10:58 pm

» LankaBizz: Sri Lanka's First ever Artificially Intelligent (AI) Business and Research Assistant
by God Father Sun Mar 24, 2024 7:27 am

» HOTEL AND TRAVEL SECTOR
by ErangaDS Wed Mar 20, 2024 7:22 am

» CIC Holdings Good Times Ahead
by ashan silva Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:00 am

» EPF Fund keep eye on low P/E Shares
by K.R Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:45 am

» SINS - the Tailwind effects of a crisis hit Economy
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:37 am

» Ceylon cold stores
by Hawk Eye Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:25 am

» Asha securities Provide buy signal for CIC
by ddrperera Fri Mar 15, 2024 1:10 am

» CSE ready for another Downtrend?
by D.G.Dayaratne Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:24 am

» LankaLAW Forum : Sri Lanka’s #1 Discussion Platform for Legal Questions and Answers
by blindhog Thu Mar 14, 2024 9:14 am

» Sri Lanka poised to benefit from demand surge for ‘non-China origin’ graphite
by samaritan Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:31 pm

» LOLC hotels
by Maharaja Tue Mar 12, 2024 2:34 pm

» AEL target price ?
by suku502 Mon Mar 11, 2024 11:26 am

» WAPO 200% UP
by LAMDA Sun Mar 10, 2024 10:33 pm

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Disclaimer
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

The information contained in this FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ have been submitted by third parties directly without any verification by us. The information available in this forum is not researched or purported to be complete description of the subject matter referred to herein. We do not under any circumstances whatsoever guarantee the accuracy and completeness information contained herein. FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not in any way be responsible or liable for loss or damage which any person or party may sustain or incur by relying on the contents of this report and acting directly or indirectly in any manner whatsoever. Trading or investing in stocks & commodities is a high risk activity. Any action you choose to take in the markets is totally your own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental damages or loss arising out of the use of this information. The information on this website is neither an offer to sell nor solicitation to buy any of the securities mentioned herein. The writers may or may not be trading in the securities mentioned.

Further the writers and users shall not induce or attempt to induce another person to trade in securities using this platform (a) by making or publishing any statement or by making any forecast that he knows to be misleading, false or deceptive; (b) by any dishonest concealment of material facts; (c) by the reckless making or publishing, dishonestly or otherwise of any statement or forecast that is misleading, false or deceptive; or (d) by recording or storing in, or by means of, any mechanical, electronic or other device, information that he knows to be false or misleading in a material particular. Any action writers and users take in respect of (a),(b),(c) and (d) above shall be their own responsibility, FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ its blogs, forums, domains, subdomains and/or its affiliates and/or its web masters, administrators or moderators shall not be liable for any, direct or indirect, consequential or incidental violation of securities laws of any country, damages or loss arising out of the use of this information.

AI Live Chat

You are not connected. Please login or register

ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000)

+102
judecroos
Eranga87
nathanfornash
ChooBoy
Win Win
Quibit
karuna2
Capton KIng Cool
thankrishan
Richman
sahan8896
Vacations To Sri Lanka
vic19
trader7
kumarweerarathne
Football Star
NCC
gayaniwasana
Cricketman
TARGET
kapifm
Mrs Kudabadu Kularthnae
Miss-Sangeetha
hanuma
Gallardo
newer1
Jaya sri
sanjulanka
Suranga malli
gayanath1983
rosa maria
wisdom78
troy
Pac-man
Mubin Mustafa
nimantha80
stockback
prabath
TIRAN712
Winner123
Teller
Yahapalanaya
reader
charith666lk
hiransilva23
fireshelter
Bullrunner7
karuna
Gainer
SLBOY
EquityChamp
Melissa Pereira
ShiraBoy
zy
MoneyTree
Siva08
Fairtrade
kuma524
NZ BOY
sampath.anuradha
Harry82
m2_yapa
PrabathR
lasantha11111
EWML
Nuwan Samarawickrama
celtic tiger
K7
Dr Stock
Market Watch
Aubrey Perera
SuckingRumor
Top Trader
Lawwa
StockGuru
rdk2874
Sstar
sisira.wijeweera
Chinwi
bestofluck
anubis
aj
Kumar
Gaja
econ
nkalansu
ABEST
manula
2011_NewComer
monash
dumindasn
Flashmark
Niwa
morros
AAABoy
dindon1
ddrperera
Dr.Bubble
Rajaraam
123longway
Slstock
MarketSIRA
106 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 20]

21ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:09 am

Flashmark

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Rajaraam wrote:monash, ACAP is now XD. Even u sell you get dividends.

I brought the shares last Friday (02.Dec.2011)@75.00. I think XD is 02.Dec.2011 for ACAP.So will I get dividends? What I have to do now? Question

22ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Sun Dec 04, 2011 8:42 am

Slstock

Director - Equity Analytics

Flashmark wrote:

I brought the shares last Friday (02.Dec.2011)@75.00. I think XD is 02.Dec.2011 for ACAP.So will I get dividends? What I have to do now? Question

If you buy on XD date you do not get dividend. Seller gets dividend.

23ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Sun Dec 04, 2011 9:43 am

Slstock

Flashmark wrote:Hi All,

1.Shall I sell ACAP shares with loss? Or it will going up coming week?

2.What do you think about RAL? My adviser advised me buy it 6.90. But seems it not moving up Sad

thanks

Did you buy RAL based on advisor to made a quick trade or an medium term investment?

24ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:20 am

2011_NewComer

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Flashmark wrote:

As you have bought on the XD date, you will not get the dividend.
Thursday it went upto 80 mainly because of the high dividend (plus market movement). Those who bought just because of the dividend must have tried to sell on friday making the prices to go down(with the market down trend)

you will have to analyze the movement and take a decision..

25ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Sun Dec 04, 2011 3:42 pm

Flashmark

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Did you buy RAL based on advisor to made a quick trade or an medium term investment?

I said her to i'm interesting about day trading. She told me to buy RAL.

26ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Sun Dec 04, 2011 4:52 pm

Rajaraam

Vice President - Equity Analytics

May be she reccomended RAL fo day trading coz it's recent records indicate frequent fluctuation.

27ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Sun Dec 04, 2011 11:13 pm

manula

Flashmark wrote:

I said her to i'm interesting about day trading. She told me to buy RAL.

For day trading i think better BLUE X, HVA, CLND...than RAL etc..

Same time if you are buying any shares for day trading don't go for the market price.. bid little less and try .

28ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Good Interim financial statement form ACAP Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:13 am

ABEST

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/363_1323671204.pdf

from this,
EPS, NAVPs are good,(both Company,Group)
cost of sales are too much high,
income form other activity is good,
Other Operating Expenses is too much high,

i think 2m shares are in retailers hand,

i think it is good to invest, sometime it will give return double after or within one year
add your comments....................

29ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:23 am

Slstock

Slstock

All profit we see it due to sale of subsidiary. Nav is Rs 20.09 But what you said about the shares in the market is true.

30ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:24 am

nkalansu

I don't think so.

Operating loss is Rs. 311 Mn. Which means from their core business they have recorded a loss.

They have recorded a net profit of Rs. 821 M because of disposal of subsidiary (I think AAIC) for Rs. 1.26 Bn

Useless accounts

31ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Tue Dec 13, 2011 9:46 am

econ

econ
Global Moderator

please do not mislead members.
they have massive operating losses excluding one time capital gain from disposing subsidy.
operating profits have down 170% compare to last year.

32ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:01 am

Gaja

Associate Director - Equity Analytics

ABEST wrote:http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/363_1323671204.pdf

from this,
EPS, NAVPs are good,(both Company,Group)
cost of sales are too much high,
income form other activity is good,
Other Operating Expenses is too much high,

i think 2m shares are in retailers hand,

i think it is good to invest, sometime it will give return double after or within one year
add your comments....................

Go through the financials more carefully

33ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:52 am

Kumar

Kumar
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

@ ABEST,

I appreciate your effort posting about ACAP. In this forum out of 14 threads 4 were started by yourself.
IMOH if you go through their last 3 - 5 years accounts, I think you won't think about this share at this price.
That is my personal opinion, If I'm wrong pin point the good aspects to learn more.
Thanks

34ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty ACAP article and quarter report Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:36 am

Slstock

Slstock

1) here is report
http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/363_1329909814101.pdf
2)

Here is a news article
http://www.dailynews.lk/2012/02/27/bus04.asp

Asia Capital announces Rs. 1.29 b profit for Q3

Asia Capital PLC announced a Rs. 1.29 billion profit for the first nine months of the 2011/12 financial year on Wednesday, a 476% increase from the corresponding period of 2010/11. This was led chiefly by a 266% increase in revenue from Rs. 238.3 million as at December 31, 2010 to Rs. 872.6 million as at December 31, 2011.

In other key performance indicators the gross profit of the company as at December 31, 2011 was Rs. 852.1 million from Rs. 150 million in December 2010. Other operating income too recorded a significant increase to Rs. 733.4 million from Rs. 189.9 million at the end of December 2010. The basic earnings per share of the Group were Rs. 11.76 as at December 31, 2011 up from Rs. 2.04 in December 2010. This year a dividend per share of Rs. 6.95 was also declared.

Do you find something wrong with these when compared?

35ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:25 am

aj

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics

FT.lk site also have the same press release.
http://www.ft.lk/2012/02/27/asia-capital-profits-up-476-to-rs-1-29-b/

The all consolidated income statement shows big minus numbers but they talk about the company statement. Smile

36ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:15 pm

anubis

May be those journalists are being paid for writing good articles about companies? is that possible?

It's a sad situation because I don't think people new to CSE would bother a lot about checking news articles against financial reports before making investment decisions. I also kind of learnt this lesson the hard way.

Cheers!

37ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Tue Feb 28, 2012 9:41 am

aj

Also the Island has published the same misleading fraudulent press release.

http://www.island.lk/index.php?page_cat=article-details&page=article-details&code_title=46168

38ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty ACAP.N0000 - sudden price increase Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:53 am

bestofluck

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Any particular reason?.. Are they going to announce dividend?

39ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:04 pm

Slstock

Slstock

ACAP is not doing too well lately. So am not sure about a dividend. But anything is posible at CSE.

Also any shares from time to time can rise on speculation and oversold territory.

40ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Thu Aug 30, 2012 12:22 pm

bestofluck

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Last time they hasve paid Rs. 6.00..even they are doing bad they will pay atleast Rs.4.00 as I believe. Correct me if I am wrong...

41ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Thu Aug 30, 2012 2:18 pm

Chinwi

Chinwi

Someone pl check their holding.
If they have a good collection to get capital gains in a boom let us know.

42ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Fri Jun 27, 2014 2:57 pm

sisira.wijeweera

Asia Capital PLC is an investment bank. The Company's principal activities include corporate finance, asset management, treasury management, financial services and hotels. The Company's segments include Investments; Stock Brokering; Deposit Mobilisation and Credit; Leisure; and Services. The Company's operations offer various services, which include investment banking, asset management, fixed income securities trading, finance house operations (asset leasing, deposit mobilization) and information technology services. The Company offers a range of advisory services from the developing of strategic concepts till their execution. The services that it offers in an advisory capacity include acquisition searches; initial public offerings (IPOs); financing and sell side advisory services, and thematic industry research. The Company offers the services of structuring, execution and initiation of public, as well as private equity products for individual companies and financial sponsors.

How about. ACPL @14.50-15
Any idia?

43ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Fri Jun 27, 2014 4:31 pm

Sstar

Sstar

Asia Securities and Asia Asset Finance PLC (AAF) both subsidiaries likely to be sold within next few weeks and funds will be invested in Hotel Projects. Asia Capital might probably be left with only assets. They might probably have to change the Sector Classification from Financial Services to Hotels!

AAF 29% to be bought by Muthur Finance India for a price of Rs 2.10 per share and York Street Partners to buy Asia Securities for Rs 110mn.

44ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Asia Capital: Something to happen soon Sun Jul 06, 2014 11:04 pm

StockGuru

StockGuru

It is rumoured in market circles that several individuals who are looking at Asia Capital (ACAP) as a consortium of investors will buy a considerable controlling stake on this week.

Not sure but it is being discussed in market circles on these few days.

Last edited by StockGuru on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:55 am; edited 1 time in total

45ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:49 am

Sstar

Sstar

Asia Capital won't be available for sale but Asia Capital likely to dispose 29% of AAF to Muttur Finance India for Rs 2.20 per share and Asia Securities (Stock Brokering ) Company for Rs 400mn (Actual consideration is Rs 140mn because of inter company liabilities between ACAP and Asia Securities) to York Street Partners. ACAP will use the fund to buy further land and hotels to expand the Asia Leisure business. ACAP will remain as the fund raising vehicle for Asia Leisure.

46ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:56 am

rdk2874

Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Sstar wrote:Asia Capital won't be available for sale but Asia Capital likely to dispose 29% of AAF to Muttur Finance India for Rs 2.20 per share and Asia Securities (Stock Brokering ) Company for Rs 400mn (Actual consideration is Rs 140mn because of inter company liabilities between ACAP and Asia Securities) to York Street Partners. ACAP will use the fund to buy further land and hotels to expand the Asia Leisure business. ACAP will remain as the fund raising vehicle for Asia Leisure.

sstar

do you have aaf  Question 

according to your sources what is the time frame.

StockGuru

StockGuru

Asia Capital PLC that owns Park Street Hotel via Asia Leisure will lose its iconic hotel property from December 2014 as the original owners of the historic house at Park Street will lease out the property to a new operator from December this year.

Currently Asia Capital has a lease agreement with the owners and the family members of historic iconic house of former Businessmen and Philanthropist Mr. S.H. Moosajee.

Sheik Moosajee, an Oxford educated barrister by profession, was a strong believer in social justice, and the neighboring Gangarama temple was a significant beneficiary of his generosity. A philanthropist of his time, he also built the Perumal Kovil in Jafna, and the famous Chapel of our Lady at Madhu. He traveled widely and was awarded an QBE (Order of the British Empire) for his social service by Queen Elizabeth.Amongst his close friends were a number of heads of state and religious leaders.

48ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Any Idea about ACAP?? Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:03 am

Lawwa

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Please share any ideas about ACAP. Today it went up to 13.50 from 12/-. Will it go more higher?

49ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:24 am

monash

monash

Private Placement at Rs.18. ACAP will atleast may go past RS.15. Collection going on at 13.50

50ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Re: ASIA CAPITAL PLC (ACAP.N0000) Thu Aug 21, 2014 10:36 am

Lawwa

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

monash wrote:Private Placement at Rs.18. ACAP will atleast may go past RS.15. Collection going on at 13.50

are you sure about this

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 20]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 10 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum