FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000)

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Invest_Wisely

Manager - Equity Analytics
Today 8.50. Will definitely break 10......

troy

this will trigger a move on in Reef also. (Reef holds 59.31%) from this quarter on wards we might see operational profits... good times ahead for Reef family.

wonder any one knows about CITK progress...

Aubrey Perera

Vice President - Equity Analytics
Yes even I'm waiting for CITk to join the run !

Invest-Wise

CITW definitely a very good buy. The hotel just started functioning in June. I have visited the hotel also a few times. Its the largest one in that area and definitely will do full well in the season starting November. So I think 6-9 months the return will be great. This has not appreciated much either.

CITK will be the next one. IPO was at 17.50. NAV again at 10/- Colombo land holds a big chunk of CITW so generally the patter is that it moves with CLND in the past and also with the REEF group. The herd mentality movement!!

Both undervalued shares.

Happy trading....

Roboticfx

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
But its financials look strange. Someone had alsready pointed out that in the forum.

They do not have a income of cent from operational activities and other income is consisted only with dividends.

It's gearing ratio is 0.8 which means its total external liabilities exceeds the sum of equity. But not bad.

Cannot expect a dividend for more than 5 years.

46WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:09 am

SM2014

SM2014
I think even if some one enters CITW at 8.5 it is ok (if you invest). There are gud reasons to do that. My target price for CITW in next May is above 12.50. There is no any gud reason to invest in CITK but if it is only for trading that depends on the the bull run of REEF.

Please note that i have invested in CITW in April at 6.5-6.8 range.

rangananwr

rangananwr
I also having CITK little past stock avarage 7r.s

cse_investor1

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
@ Invest_Wisely...Great insight and prediction....

Sarabulathwita

Sarabulathwita

Be careful anyway. Dannawane ithin

monash

monash
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
My target reached closed at Rs.9.10 .. Very Happy Very Happy

Next>>> CITK cheers

REEF.N last 15 mins Rs 20 resistance vanished.. Laughing

Hopefully we can see old REEF heroics that we used to from tomorrow onwards.. Very Happy Very Happy

Invest-Wise

Invest-Wise
Monash I sincerely hope so.....i am long waiting for this....

I think CITW will run to 10 and settle for a bit. My worry is CITK!!!

Aubrey Perera

Investwise don't worry CITK too would go with the wind my target is 8

sapumal

CITK can't start any hotel projects.They can give thousand reasons, but there is only one reason. They don't have any cash to build a hotel. Most of the money is stucked in CLND.
They have 2.1bn assets. 400Mn land.
They have bought shares more than 1.2bn. DJ first bough CLND at 20. Then after 2 weeks he sold his stake @43 to the CITK. So investment in the CLND has huge loss.
Also CITK has loss 330,239,887 before start doing anything.
Normally we can expect a interest income when we have lot of money. But they have spend 330Mn for nothing I guess.
The last option to raise the price is give some right issue with warrants. At least some share holders can exit with little sorrow.

monash

monash
@Invest-Wise wrote:Monash I sincerely hope so.....i am long waiting for this....

Don't worry about CITK .. I feel its trading at bottom by looking at the quantities traded between 5.80-6.10 past two weeks, hard to beleive it will go down again. CITK will be adjusted and will get close to CITW.

If we compare IPO price CITK is Rs.17.50 which is 4 rupees higher than CITW.

But CITW's NAVPS is 10.25 CiTK's NAVPS is close to Rs.9 . I think both CITK and CITW will be adjusted close to their NAVPS.

If REEF start to run tommorow these two will fly with momentum.. Very Happy

D.G.Dayaratne

According to last quarter accounts  WASKADUWA is still a "HUCHAKKUWA"

I do not know what will happen next quarter

Last edited by D.G.Dayaratne on Thu Sep 04, 2014 5:48 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : typing error)

Roboticfx

Roboticfx
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:According to last quarter accounts  WASKADUWA is still a "HUCHAKKUWA"

mmm...wachanaye parisamaptha arthayenma eya sathyayaki. methuwak kal sathayak ho upaya nomathi companie ekak gana pena kiyana eka ithama apahasu kaaryayaki. Very Happy

monash

monash
@Roboticfx wrote:
@D.G.Dayaratne wrote:According to last quarter accounts  WASKADUWA is still a "HUCHAKKUWA"

mmm...wachanaye parisamaptha arthayenma eya sathyayaki. methuwak kal sathayak ho upaya nomathi companie ekak gana pena kiyana eka ithama apahasu kaaryayaki. Very Happy

REEF group shares are simply not for fundamental value investors. It is for traders...

Thats all i can say.. Very Happy

58WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Thu Sep 04, 2014 10:36 pm

cse_investor1

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
Once again a big thank you to Invest_Wisely

I bought @ 7.10 now its 9.10 Very Happy .

I saw another post where u had mentioned HAPU as well....

Aubrey Perera

all citk does is move from 5.60 to 6.10 range for the last so many months. waiting for this to move up.

Invest-Wise

Invest-Wise
@monash wrote:
@Invest-Wise wrote:Monash I sincerely hope so.....i am long waiting for this....

Don't worry about CITK ..  I feel its trading at bottom by looking at the quantities traded between 5.80-6.10 past two weeks, hard to believe it will go down again. CITK will be adjusted and will get close to CITW.

But CITW's NAVPS is 10.25 CiTK's NAVPS is close to Rs.9 . I think both CITK and CITW will be adjusted close to their NAVPS.

Well the only hope for CITK is that it gets adjusted with the market trend. I simply cant understand where this selling is coming at 5.90-6 levels. So much shares. Over 93% held by the top 20. But last few months so many million shares were traded at 5.50-6 levels. Even today 10 cents down and 850,000 odd traded! Seriously this baffles me. They should start he construction of the hotel soon I hope. Wain and see I guess!!!

sapumal

@Invest-Wise wrote:
@monash wrote:

Don't worry about CITK ..  I feel its trading at bottom by looking at the quantities traded between 5.80-6.10 past two weeks, hard to believe it will go down again. CITK will be adjusted and will get close to CITW.

Well the only hope for CITK is that it gets adjusted with the market trend. I simply cant understand where this selling is coming at 5.90-6 levels. So much shares. Over 93% held by the top 20. But last few months  so many million shares were traded at 5.50-6 levels. Even today 10 cents down and 850,000 odd traded! Seriously this baffles me. They should start he construction of the hotel soon I hope. Wain and see I guess!!!

First they have to find the money. Then they can think about constructing the hotel.
Only way they can survive is right issue with warrants. But it is 100% impossible due to the financial situation of the top share holders.

Market R

Market R
Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
This is the 3rd highest gainer in this week. Around 22% up

Aubrey Perera

Yes i think the top 20 keep selling to release their financial burden maybe or to get in to other stocks that are booming. only way is for owners to rope in a strategic investor or divest their control to someone else who has the money to do something.

monash

monash
@Invest-Wise wrote:
@monash wrote:

Well the only hope for CITK is that it gets adjusted with the market trend. I simply cant understand where this selling is coming at 5.90-6 levels. So much shares. Over 93% held by the top 20. But last few months  so many million shares were traded at 5.50-6 levels. Even today 10 cents down and 850,000 odd traded! Seriously this baffles me. They should start he construction of the hotel soon I hope. Wain and see I guess!!!

You are correct.. within last 2 weeks over 3 million CITK shares traded between Rs.5.80 to 6.10. This baffles me too.. its kind of strange thing especially For a trendy share like REEF. I assume some insider deal happening these days in CITK. Maybe someone eyeing controlling stake.. as according to rumours these days, maybe its VONE.  scratch  

Otherwise by looking at the quantities traded CITK should end up at least Rs.7. Lets wait and see on next week. When this deal is over it will move.

monash

monash
By the way i sold my CITW today at Rs.9.20-9.30 with 25% profit.. Very Happy congrats to all bought below Rs.7.50   cheers

66WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) - Page 3 Empty Re: WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC (CITW.N0000) Fri Sep 05, 2014 10:28 pm

sapumal

@monash wrote: I assume some insider deal happening these days in CITK. Maybe someone eyeing controlling stake.. as according to rumours these days,  maybe its VONE.  scratch  

Otherwise by looking at the quantities traded CITK should end up at least Rs.7. Lets wait and see on next week. When this deal is over it will move.

No one would try to take the control of the REEF. Around 50% shares held by DJ. Then his friends has shares. They control at least 60% of the shares.

VONE wouldn't try to take the control. But they may try to take 20% of shares. It will help them to expand tile business.

Invest_Wisely

I would be holding on to this share for sometime. There, could be some profit taking on this as the share has appreciated significantly since the share was recommended at 7.10.

Interesting fact to note

Vallibel One is the 2nd largest shareholder im eagerly waiting to see whether they have actually increased their stake in the September Quarter.

As per the Quarterly statement 30.06.2014 of VONE, Waskaduwa beach resort is an associate company....

Happy Trading

Market R

Market R
Invest_Wisely highted this on Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:56 am. When it was traded around 7.10. Now its trading around 9.10. More than 25% gain.

Please keep up your good work Smile

kassachandi

I'm also baffled about citk because when we look at the quarter reports of citk and citw the stock that has reduced its losses more is CITK.it might have a run nxr week.but fingers crossed.by the way im planning to enter into citk at 5.80 levels. Experts please give ur valuable ideas.. By the way did Invest_Wisely bought any citk ?

Invest_Wisely

@kassachandi

I haven't bought any shares of CITK purely because the hotel is still not operational so I don't feel that comfortable in taking a risk like that.  This is just my opinion.

However, I do hold CITW and REEF.N from the reef group...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum