FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» ARPICO INSURANCE PLC (AINS.N0000)
by Vasyan Today at 6:31 am

» ලොස් එක අඩු හෝ .නැති කරගන්න. මේ ටික කියවන්න
by kalu351 Today at 6:06 am

» Stock ma Stock rket is like a game of chess.
by Asoka Samarakone Today at 4:26 am

» DIVIDENDS & how it works
by Mr. X Today at 4:15 am

» COLOMBO LAND AND DEVELOPMENT COMPANY (CLND.N0000)
by arunaupendra Today at 3:12 am

» CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC (CTBL.N0000)
by chandanaf Today at 2:51 am

» Daily Foreign Transactions update
by Pradeep90 Today at 1:56 am

» Swap with Bangladesh is its an investment or a loan?
by God Father Today at 1:16 am

» LANKA ALUMINIUM INDUSTRIES PLC (LALU.N0000)
by Captain Today at 1:03 am

» Top Foreign Trading today - 15/06/2021
by SAGA Today at 12:43 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by EGG Today at 12:37 am

» Penny Stock Companies
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 11:54 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by ADVENTUS Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» LOLC PRICE ANALYSIS
by SAGA Yesterday at 11:49 pm

» Directors' Dealings Daily Update
by SAGA Yesterday at 11:20 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by SAGA Yesterday at 8:38 pm

» Sri Lanka Government Debt to GDP
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:32 pm

» Fitch Affirms Sri Lanka at 'CCC'
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:23 pm

» A penny share that might work out in near future
by madukp Yesterday at 8:22 pm

» Cigarette Taxation: Rs. 20 billion extra revenue in 2020, if indexation implemented
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 7:59 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute

DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute

Submit Post

කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Submit Post

CHRONICLE ANALYTICS
All Share Index (ASI), S&P, Milanka Price Index (MPI), Moving Averages and all other analytical graphs and charts

Contribute

Twitter Feeds

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000)

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000)

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

kam2011

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Thanka All. Interesting discussion. Rooms of Rnuka hotel(RENU) were closed for business for around 3 to 4 months during the last financial year , Otherwise EPS could have been little more.However from dec 2010 all rooms are ready for business after refurbishment. (This information are given in dec. Q accounts ) Therefore we can expect better result in the current Q.

ALLI paid highest dividend this year among all finance companies. ALLIi is also engaged in stock market business and every year they have earned significant profit from that business.

Antonym

Vice President - Equity Analytics
CABO has declared a dividend of Rs 4 per share (subject to Shareholder approval at the AGM). This is a significant improvement from last year's Rs 2.25.
AGM Date: 23-09-2011.
XD Date: 26-09-2011.
Payment Date: 29-09-2011.
The dividend announcement has been uploaded on the CSE website.

StocksWatch

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Antonym wrote:CABO has declared a dividend of Rs 4 per share (subject to Shareholder approval at the AGM). This is a significant improvement from last year's Rs 2.25.

Thanks Antonym for updating this thread with CABO's latest announcement.

Also I noticed a significant increase in CABO's volume last week. Could it be due to information about this dividend being leaked?

Antonym

@StocksWatch wrote:
@Antonym wrote:CABO has declared a dividend of Rs 4 per share (subject to Shareholder approval at the AGM). This is a significant improvement from last year's Rs 2.25.

Thanks Antonym for updating this thread with CABO's latest announcement.

Also I noticed a significant increase in CABO's volume last week. Could it be due to information about this dividend being leaked?
Hi, StocksWatch.
I don't know about any information leak.
But if I had some extra funds right now, CABO would be on my shopping list. Not just for the dividend, but for their understated investment portfolio... It would be great if you could update this thread when the CABO Annual Report is released (expected shortly).

lkmihiruk

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
thanks everybody

Antonym

Antonym
@StocksWatch wrote:
Company’s Investment:
...The share prices of most of the companies held in CABO’s portfolio had appreciated as of 31st March 2011 and therefore we can expect an increased market value for these investments in the forthcoming annual report for 2010/2011. Let’s try to calculate this figure...

...Therefore we can reasonably expect a market value of CABO’s investment at Rs. 1143 (1123+20) where 20 million is other investments which are not valued at market price...
@StocksWatch: I must commend you on your excellent estimation! The market value of CABO's investments on 31-03-2011 was Rs 1,119 million.

As per my rough calculation, Net Assets per share was approx Rs 162 on 31-03-2011. Can you please confirm this and draw our attention to any new points in their Annual Report?

http://www.cse.lk/cmt/upload_report_file/615_1314702698412.%20Annual%20Report%202011.pdf

gamester

Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic
අයියෝ මේ CABO ගැන කතා කරලා වැඩක් නැ , මේක මලාට වැඩි වෙන්නේ නැ,

This is not a buy/sell/hold recommendation. This is my personal view.
Do your homework & take your own investment decisions.

33CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000) - Page 2 Empty Oh My God - The CABO Investment Tue May 28, 2013 12:43 am

stocks hunter

Manager - Equity Analytics
Did u all notice guys. Just see the CABO investment portfolio. They are having LLUB 2,000,000mn shares with them and the cost is just 81,725,490.

Value as at 31.03.2012 was Rs 363,800,000mn. This was at Rs 181.00 per LLUB share.

Now todays LLUB trading price is Rs 315.00 and the investment value should be Rs 630,000,000mn. That means LLUB is representing almost Rs54 value in CABO share.

Where will be the end of CABO then?????????

anges

i am sure it will follow path of dist and llub

sahan8896

@anges wrote:i am sure it will follow path of dist and llub
DIST still warming. Very Happy

hello

I also Bought today 2000 CABO @ 129.90 Because of the LLUB going up and up.

LLUB went up to 324 today , I expect It may pass 350/= very soon then CABO also pas 150/=

Takecharge

Bought both, looking forward to gains, in the short term.

Gainer

Gainer
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
Associate Director - Equity Analytics
CABO current market Earning per share 160.00 Rupees.

Last quarter NAV 79.00 + 160.00 = 239.00 Current market net asset value per share.

Last edited by Gainer on Tue May 28, 2013 4:41 am; edited 2 times in total

stocks hunter

WHAT??????? What a Face

Jana

Jana
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Gainer wrote:CABO currently Earning per sharer 160.00 Ruppes.

I feel I missed this .. LLUB and RENU in uptrend continuously.. SO CABO may be pass 150/=

Still I am thinking to enter this ..???? Shocked

Takecharge

not too late Jana Very Happy

Antonym

Antonym
@Jana wrote:

I feel I missed this .. LLUB and RENU in uptrend continuously.. SO CABO may be pass 150/=

CABO appears to be on everyone's mind now. In this recent run, CABO's price has been shadowing LLUB's price (about 40%). By that arithmetic, it is conceivable that, if LLUB goes to Rs 400, CABO could reach Rs 160.
But be cautious. The fall, if it comes, will be as steep as the rise has been.

anu

anu
RENU may be a better bet with good cash balances. Fairly illiquid. But lack of liquidity do drive the price up faster.

Slstock

Slstock
Director - Equity Analytics
Director - Equity Analytics
YEs antonym talked about CABO at various stages. He also talked about it when it was below Rs 100. Now people have started to notice when is has run 60% up. Yes it can go up further, but as he said, be aware of the falling possibility also.

I remember in 2011 when this traded at Rs 110 and ran to Rs 180s. Then it fell to Rs 70s.

But there is little chance that it will fall that far again with it portfolio valutions and earnings.

@Antonym wrote:
@Jana wrote:

CABO appears to be on everyone's mind now. In this recent run, CABO's price has been shadowing LLUB's price (about 40%). By that arithmetic, it is conceivable that, if LLUB goes to Rs 400, CABO could reach Rs 160.
But be cautious. The fall, if it comes, will be as steep as the rise has been.

Bond

Once again some of you act as you started on the CSE yesterday.
No memory .... Issue of the past is not in the past. All are related ACAP CABO RENU NDB AAIC and how SHL became a shareholder in NDB

Antonym

Antonym
@Bond wrote:Once again some of you act as you started on the CSE yesterday.
No memory .... Issue of the past is not in the past. All are related ACAP CABO RENU NDB AAIC and how SHL became a shareholder in NDB
@Bond: It appears that you have some information that many of us are unaware of. Please tell us what you are referring to.

47CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC (CABO.N0000) - Page 2 Empty ADD some CABO in your PF Wed Sep 17, 2014 11:17 pm

Jana

Jana
CABO Another "C" series will go up further..!!
52 week low=== 89.00 ..
52 Week high===139.80
all time high=== 189.90
NAV=== 192.50
last quarter EPS=== 6.17

If the LLUB goes up then CABO also go up

seems like CABO also collection going on... keep on eye ..
if you want buy just buy little bit little don't grab.... Very Happy

any one agree with me...

slmarket2

problem is they don't give good dividend. like RENU

SHARK aka TAH

SHARK aka TAH
Expert
Expert
@Jana wrote:CABO Another "C" series will go up further..!!
52 week low=== 89.00 ..
52 Week high===139.80
all time high=== 189.90
NAV=== 192.50
last quarter EPS=== 6.17

If the LLUB goes up then CABO also go up

seems like CABO also collection going on... keep on eye ..
if you want buy just buy little bit little don't grab.... Very Happy

any one agree with me...
What you think of CTLD bounce bounce bounce rabbit drunken Sleep

shadow walker

shadow walker
i think all time high 330 dear..

Jana

Jana
@shadow walker wrote:i think all time high 330 dear..

ohh yaa sorry..

did you see today CABO up... Very Happy Very Happy Shocked Shocked

@Shark

CTLD I didn't trade long time ..CTLD also fundamentally good but very few people only interest like COMD .. (my opinion) but need to move

Top Trader

Jana Did u forget the COMD, or you sold it now

Jana

Jana
@Top Trader wrote:Jana Did u forget the COMD, or you sold it now

still I have it ..I don't care about COMD now..its in profit now and more over it is one of the best stock for the dividend yield so I don't worry... and If I keep another 3 month I can sure to sell more than 150 level if they de list or if they offer some thing...

I don't want to argue with you all thats why I don't talk about COMD or GREG or CLPL ...but still I am doing good trade with GREG and CLPL and those warrants ..

actually CABO is the good stock when I talk about it you pull me to talk about these what can I do..

recently I did some good trades with CINV..CIC n, X , CABO as well ..with my CLPL ..GREG.and those warrants..but I don't want to talk about those...

Top Trader

If am not mistaken, most of members still remember wait and see CLPL will be taken to 120 etc etc before the warrant deadline. - I let the members to decide who put that comment

Somebody published enough promoting COMD, even someone, put the whole history as to how one member promoted this - Again i let the members to decide who promoted it.

This forum is a place for Promotion and nothing else

Jana

Jana
@Top Trader wrote:If am not mistaken, most of members still remember wait and see CLPL will be taken to 120 etc etc before the warrant deadline. - I let the members to decide who put that comment

Somebody published enough promoting COMD, even someone, put the whole history as to how one member promoted this - Again i let the members to decide who promoted it.

This forum is a place for Promotion and nothing else

yes I did.. I highly expect...but I post many times thats my wrong .. .
doesn't matter .. now when I talk about good think why you are talking about previous..

If you don't like CABO then comments against the CABO ..why you are talking about COMD ..its mean you push me to talk about COMD again .. then you want to say some think about me and COMD

even G......R and N...OY all talk about these.. why you are chasing me ... some one said CLPL pass 150 but I expect 120 ..but in this market it is very easy to pass 200 as well . but they didn't decide who want to psuh up.. thats the matter

and some other guys still talking about lot of stocks again and again .. try to chase them..

every one talking about their stocks not others stocks ... its kind of promotion also... you also talk about AAF ,.. still hanging in 1.70... I know it will go I will enter in AAF right time..

now CLPL start to move it will pass 150...

more over no body harm by COMD.. COMD still not dumped ..collecting...

and this forum gave full freedom to talk about stocks and market news and related ...thats the main quality about the forum...don't blame agains the promotoers try to comment against the psot why is not good thats it .. thats the way of argument ..not blaming the person.

if you are not happy aobut the forum ... still you worried about promoters then make complaint to who responsible this forum then they will correct it or announce the new rule .

when they say REEF W19 go up then all need to beleive .. why I can't say CLPL.W13 can be execute... I expect highly...

any how I didn't say anyone to buy at high price level.. allways I try topoint out before its go up..

now you can see CIC...CINV..GUAR...CABO...even I entered in APLA as well but forget to talk..

COMD I am talking about from 60/= level ,... did you see the price now,., see the order book seller try to collect more so it will pass 130/= within few weeks..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum