FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:07 am

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:03 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Yesterday at 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:34 am

» Importance of Agroforestry for Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Nivard Cabraal sets record straight on decision to allow flexibility to the rupee
by God Father Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:15 pm

» Baseless accusations against the former Governor Nivard Cabraal
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:44 pm

» Heavy losses at CPC whilst LIOC records profit
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 pm

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:26 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » PABC Dividends

PABC Dividends

4 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:28 pm

KavinduTM


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

NANDANA2012 wrote:
KavinduTM wrote:
NANDANA2012 wrote:During hard times when market is down shareholders should be getting some income..No way to sell as price is down.. So valid logic if profits are good. PABC making good profits now..About Rs. 3 a year...

Yeah i agree. However directors also don't get company profit if there are no dividends right?

Yes 3 per year. PE is around 4 now.
Directors get fees not dividends.. They also get dividends only if they hold any shares.. they can hold or not.. Its their decision but to be a director you dont have to be a share holder....
Aha yeah. Is there any policy that if someone owns 10% of share quantity of a company , he can be a director there?

27PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:30 pm

KavinduTM


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

NANDANA2012 wrote:
KavinduTM wrote:chairman@vallibel.com

Only way to contact him i guess.
Yes.. lets start sending emails.. this is the time to pay dividends...anyway make it simple...just request not demand...Its upto directors to decide.. Not a rule..

Sure. I am so interested in that. Guys all request for dividends.

28PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 7:55 pm

Teller


Moderator
Moderator

He is one of my linked in friends . Send me your concerns in writing

29PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:03 pm

KavinduTM


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:He is one of  my linked in friends . Send me your concerns in writing
Aha nice. Can you ask him about PABC dividends please.

We already mailed to chairman@vallibel.com. Its a fair request isn't it?

30PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:16 pm

Teller


Moderator
Moderator

There is good chance, as you are holding some shares even few, you are entitle to attend AGM, this is a good place to question it . But remember one thing, paying dividend is just like sucking the blood . It will effect to internal growth.

31PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:24 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:There is good chance, as you are holding some shares even few, you are entitle to attend AGM, this is a good place to question it  . But remember one thing, paying dividend is just like sucking the blood . It will effect to internal growth.

Oh when will it be?

"paying dividend is just like sucking the blood . It will effect to internal growth"

Damn that sounds so bad. But they should take care of us (shareholders)  Crying or Very sad

Not the whole profit , but it is great if they can pay some considerable dividend.

32PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:26 pm

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator

I mean during the companies growing time .."paying dividend is just like sucking the blood . It will effect to internal growth"

33PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 8:29 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:I mean during the companies growing time .."paying dividend is just like sucking the blood . It will effect to internal growth"
ah yeah but at least few cents. 30 cents at least. (10% of profits)

34PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:15 pm

NANDANA2012


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:I mean during the companies growing time .."paying dividend is just like sucking the blood . It will effect to internal growth"
Now PABC been there for a long time. Also not paying dividends affect to share price.. 

If they bother about cash flow they can declare scrip dividends (Shares). Then no effect on their cash balance..

35PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:20 pm

NANDANA2012


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

PABC seem to have paid a dividend of Rs. 0.50 only in 2016. Pls correct me if wrong.. Most banks pay about 5% of market price. so they can pay 0.60/0.75 at least.

36PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:29 pm

NANDANA2012


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

KavinduTM wrote:
NANDANA2012 wrote:
KavinduTM wrote:
NANDANA2012 wrote:During hard times when market is down shareholders should be getting some income..No way to sell as price is down.. So valid logic if profits are good. PABC making good profits now..About Rs. 3 a year...

Yeah i agree. However directors also don't get company profit if there are no dividends right?

Yes 3 per year. PE is around 4 now.
Directors get fees not dividends.. They also get dividends only if they hold any shares.. they can hold or not.. Its their decision but to be a director you dont have to be a share holder....
Aha yeah. Is there any policy that if someone owns 10% of share quantity of a company , he can be a director there?
Yes. But regarding banks, more rules ... i am not quite sure..But usually holding more than 10% usually by funds etc and they nominate a Director on behalf of them...

37PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:29 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

NANDANA2012 wrote:PABC seem to have paid a dividend of Rs. 0.50 only in 2016. Pls correct me if wrong.. Most banks pay about 5% of market price. so they can pay 0.60/0.75 at least.
Yes they paid only in 2012 and 2016. Yeah i mailed them xD.

Did u?

If they receive at least more than 100 mails they will care isn't it. And if some big guy requested (someone in top 20) they will care. 

Yes that highly affects market price. And even when they are doing good. Why don't they take care of shareholders?

Maybe ban of primary dealing of bonds affected. However it will over this feb and hope it won't get extended again.

38PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Sun Feb 09, 2020 9:31 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

NANDANA2012 wrote:
KavinduTM wrote:
NANDANA2012 wrote:
KavinduTM wrote:
NANDANA2012 wrote:During hard times when market is down shareholders should be getting some income..No way to sell as price is down.. So valid logic if profits are good. PABC making good profits now..About Rs. 3 a year...

Yeah i agree. However directors also don't get company profit if there are no dividends right?

Yes 3 per year. PE is around 4 now.
Directors get fees not dividends.. They also get dividends only if they hold any shares.. they can hold or not.. Its their decision but to be a director you dont have to be a share holder....
Aha yeah. Is there any policy that if someone owns 10% of share quantity of a company , he can be a director there?
Yes. But regarding banks, more rules ... i am not quite sure..But usually holding more than 10% usually by funds etc and they nominate a Director on behalf of them...

Aha. however that's good then they will work to pay high dividends xD

39PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:31 am

NANDANA2012


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

KavinduTM wrote:
NANDANA2012 wrote:PABC seem to have paid a dividend of Rs. 0.50 only in 2016. Pls correct me if wrong.. Most banks pay about 5% of market price. so they can pay 0.60/0.75 at least.
Yes they paid only in 2012 and 2016. Yeah i mailed them xD.

Did u?

If they receive at least more than 100 mails they will care isn't it. And if some big guy requested (someone in top 20) they will care. 

Yes that highly affects market price. And even when they are doing good. Why don't they take care of shareholders?

Maybe ban of primary dealing of bonds affected. However it will over this feb and hope it won't get extended again.

Yes I also emailed. Bond matter or other could have affected them but ultimately they are making good profits.. Unlike other industries banks makes profits in cash. So paying a dividend is not a issue at all..

40PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Mon Feb 10, 2020 12:33 am

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Yeah @Nandana2012 they can pay dividends. will this mails work?

41PABC Dividends - Page 2 Empty Re: PABC Dividends Mon Feb 10, 2020 2:49 pm

Srilankan Psyco

Srilankan Psyco
Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Either they should pay divident or else they give a proper detail calculated explanation how mutch additional return get by divident retention

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum