FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» In STOCK MARKET despite all odds, there is always hope. Never ever give in nor give up.
by atuts Today at 2:14 pm

» The war in Ukraine is no longer shocking the wheat market
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 2:10 pm

» India raises import tax on gold to support rupee and amid trade deficit
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 2:09 pm

» When will supply chain disruptions ease?
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 9:57 am

» KHL Massive forex gains close to 6 billions
by rajini Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:54 pm

» Tourism in Sri Lanka: One step forward, two steps back
by rajini Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:21 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 4:12 pm

» Govt gets its priorities wrong
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:25 am

» Ambassador assures U.S. support to Sri Lanka to find solutions to economic issues
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 10:16 am

» IMF-Sri Lanka bailout talks end without a deal
by ChooBoy Fri Jul 01, 2022 9:16 am

» Sri Lanka Breaks Into Hyperinflation Zone Amid Dollar Crunch
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:11 am

» Sri Lanka needs to do more on debt restructuring before a bailout package is finalised, says IMF
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:06 am

» Global COVID cases rise as BA.4 and BA.5 expand
by samaritan Fri Jul 01, 2022 7:04 am

» POSITIVES & TARGETS BY IMTIAZ BUHARDEEN
by Gowri123 Wed Jun 29, 2022 4:38 pm

» We’re seeing a shift toward international and value stocks, says Schwab’s Kleintop
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:40 am

» Wall Street stumbles as consumer pessimism stokes growth fears
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:34 am

» Free Market Capitalism vs. Crony Capitalism
by target1 Wed Jun 29, 2022 2:30 am

» Sri Lankan corporations reap large profits as workers and rural toilers face poverty and starvation
by CHRONICLE™ Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:37 pm

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by God Father Tue Jun 28, 2022 6:13 pm

» Derana 360 with Minister Dhammika Perera
by samaritan Tue Jun 28, 2022 1:07 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Government decides not to import rice

Government decides not to import rice

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:04 pm

KavinduTM


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Stopping imports is better, but contributing to those plantations are good too. We have to balance both of them. Otherwise system will be jammed when special situation occurs.

However i also have some kinda sick which is not to depend on others.

In my scenario, Its Me Vs Government.

You know it's so hard to become self sufficient as a person against government services.But i planned not to purchase electricity from gov. I ll produce using solar panels or using some other technology.

I won't purchase water from gov. That's not hard btw.

And if we stop importing other food too (such as corn,vegetables,fruits) It will be so good.
We need to focus in increasing exports as well as reducing imports. We must limit imports only to essential things. And that will encourage local businesses too. GDP will be increased. Gov expenditures will be reduced. Good for country Smile

27Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:06 pm

KavinduTM


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

KavinduTM wrote:Stopping imports is better, but contributing to those plantations are good too. We have to balance both of them. Otherwise system will be jammed when special situation occurs.

However i also have some kinda sick which is not to depend on others.

In my scenario, Its Me Vs Government.

You know it's so hard to become self sufficient as a person against government services.But i planned not to purchase electricity from gov. I ll produce using solar panels or using some other technology.

I won't purchase water from gov. That's not hard btw.

And if we stop importing other food too (such as corn,vegetables,fruits) It will be so good.
We need to focus in increasing exports as well as reducing imports. We must limit imports only to essential things. And that will encourage local businesses too. GDP will be increased. Gov expenditures will be reduced. Good for country Smile

However we can't be self sufficient totally, But it will be good for us (as a human or as a country) limiting the ways we depend on others. Which means we can use our own way. own path to victory.

28Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 6:15 pm

KavinduTM


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

However during times of 1st king parakramabahu, we were self sufficient. That was the times that world used to call srilanka as the "Oriental granary" "පෙරදිග ධාන්‍යාගාරය". We were self sufficient from foods. Even we exported rice to many other countries. And that times, Srilanka was a "Developed Country" .

But after the invasions of so many intruders such as kalinga maagha and other "chola" intruders, Srilanka was totally destroyed. It happened during ages of weak kings.

After those attacks, Srilanka is still struggling to develop. over 1000 years. its still being a developing country.



29Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 8:04 pm

Teller


Moderator
Moderator

Food is a basic need. At the time of hungry ,we can not eat monetary notes or coins. Especially related to rice, we should not consider profit and Loss.

30Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:33 pm

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

@ThilinaM wrote:we get income from garments say   100
and pay for eating to other contrys   150
its -50

my methord
income 100
eating cost (we produce ) 0
profit 100


Teller wrote:Food is a basic need. At the time of hungry ,we can not eat monetary notes or coins. 


මමත් කැමති ඕගොල්ලෝ හිතන විදියට හිතල හිත සනස ගන්න නමුත් යථාර්තය ඊට වඩා වෙනස්.... 
මම මේක තව එක පැහැදිලි කිරීමක් කරන්නම්  ,

අපි ගමු තිළිණ ගේ උදාහරණය...

income 100
eating cost (we produce ) 0
profit 100

දැන් තිලින කියන විදියට  income 100 සහ profit 100 මට දන්නා විදියට 

1) අපි පොහොර සහ කෘමුනාශක  ගේන්නේ පිටරටින් එක පිටරරට ගෙවන්න  වෙනවා  
2)  අපි ටැක්ටර් ගේන්නේ පිටරටින් එක පිටරරට ගෙවන්න  වෙනවා  
3) අපි තෙල් ගේන්නේ පිටරටින් එක පිටරරට ගෙවන්න  වෙනවා 
4) උදැල්ල පවා ගේන්නේ ඉන්දියාවෙන් 
5) වී මොලේ උපකරණ ගේන්නේ පිටරටින් එක පිටරරට ගෙවන්න  වෙනවා

තිලින සහ Teller මට කියන්න අපි ව්‍ වවන්න පිටරටට කොපමණ මුදලක් දෙන්නන වෙනවද 

ඇත්ටටම ආණ්ඩුව පාඩු පිට තමා මෙහෙ ව්‍ වවන්නේ... පොහොර සහ ඩිසල් සහනාදරය ගැන අමුතුවෙන් කියන්න ඔනේ නැ 

නමුත් ඉන්දියාවේ මේක වෙනස් ඒගොල්ලෝ ව්‍ වවන්න ඕන ඔක්කොම ඉන්දියාවේ හදනවා එහෙම බැලුවොත් ඉන්දියාවේ විදියට තිලින කියන එක හරි... 

"we can not eat monetary notes or coins"

දැන් Teller පොඩ්ඩක් හිතන්න 1,2,3,4,5 මම කියපු දේවල් ලංකාවේ හදලා ව්‍ වවන්න පුළුවන් ද ලංකාවේ එහම වෙනස වේවිද ?1,2,3,4,5 පිටරරින් ලංකාවට දෙන එක නැවතුන දාට මෙහෙ කොහොමත් වී ව්ව්වන්න බැ... එතකොට කන්න "notes or coins" වත් නැ..

31Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:14 pm

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator

You didnt get my point, what happened to Nepal now. If india stop Electricity , Nepal can not run,If India stop fuel Nepal can not run, If India stop medicine ,Nepal can not run, some times food also. If any country hasnt independent with energy,food ,technology,medicine of course they are not independence. Same way imagine virus scenario, if we are perfect with our production , we are safe.

32Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:24 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:You didnt get my point,  what happened to Nepal now. If india stop Electricity  , Nepal can not run,If India stop fuel Nepal can not run, If India stop medicine ,Nepal can not run, some times food also.  If any country hasnt independent with energy,food ,technology,medicine of course they are not independence. Same way imagine virus scenario, if we are perfect with our production , we are safe.

Totally agree. I wanna apply that scenario to my house  Smile

33Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:30 pm

Teller

Teller
Moderator
Moderator

How??????

34Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:35 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

KavinduTM wrote:
Teller wrote:You didnt get my point,  what happened to Nepal now. If india stop Electricity  , Nepal can not run,If India stop fuel Nepal can not run, If India stop medicine ,Nepal can not run, some times food also.  If any country hasnt independent with energy,food ,technology,medicine of course they are not independence. Same way imagine virus scenario, if we are perfect with our production , we are safe.

Totally agree. I wanna apply that scenario to my house  Smile

That will be so good. So we can take decisions and go hard in any situation.According to your info, actually Nepal has no independence. 

The less we depend on others, we will be able to develop far better
Actually, Dependence to Development has a inverse relationship. 

At least it will be okay if some 2 countries are depend on each with a 50:50. Which means we export their essential as well as we import our essentials from them. Both countries need each other.

However imports and exports owe the main part of a country. It will decide the country's track. To the hell or heaven.

35Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:39 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:How??????
I will produce electricity using solar panels or some technology. (so no need to purchase from gov)

A good well or 2 will take care of water. (no need to purchase water too)

I will grow vegetables and fruits in my own garden and it will solve the food problem.(at least i won't depend on market totally)

I have some plans for rice too.

Problems will be minimum Smile 
Because i m in charge.

Don't say it isn't practical Neutral

36Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 10:47 pm

Sajeewa Niranjan


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

KavinduTM wrote:
Teller wrote:How??????
I will produce electricity using solar panels or some technology. (so no need to purchase from gov)

A good well or 2 will take care of water. (no need to purchase water too)

I will grow vegetables and fruits in my own garden and it will solve the food problem.(at least i won't depend on market totally)

I have some plans for rice too.

Problems will be minimum Smile 
Because i m in charge.

Don't say it isn't practical Neutral
මෙහෙම තමයි අපෙ මිනිස්සු ඉස්සර ජිවත් උනෙ දේශපලුවො තමා අපෙ රට කෙල්ලෙව්වෙ

37Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:23 pm

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Teller wrote:You didnt get my point,  what happened to Nepal now. If india stop Electricity  , Nepal can not run,If India stop fuel Nepal can not run, If India stop medicine ,Nepal can not run, some times food also.  If any country hasnt independent with energy,food ,technology,medicine of course they are not independence. Same way imagine virus scenario, if we are perfect with our production , we are safe.

i was telling same thing with 1,2,3,4,5 points...hope u read all comments which i was added 
1) how much land we have for paddy..
2) What happens we can not import oil. can we make rice ?
3) to produce 1kg rice how much money we have to give outside of country


my point is "stop import rice" won't help. then rice price will increased cost will not reduced  
if peoples can not afford 1kg of rice price they will move to alternatives(Flour) again we paid most money to outside of country. 

38Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Thu Feb 13, 2020 11:30 pm

ColomboCSE


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

KavinduTM wrote:I will produce electricity using solar panels or some technology. (so no need to purchase from gov)

it's really good you build your own solar system and independent with CEB. we import panels from China and Inverter Germany.
And we generate electricity given to CEB. if CEB stop electricity sorry for us.


KavinduTM wrote:I will grow vegetables and fruits in my own garden and it will solve the food problem.(at least i won't depend on market totally)

some of seeds we import from India.

good night guys will stop now you guys have win...  cheers cheers cheers

39Government decides not to import rice - Page 2 Empty Re: Government decides not to import rice Sat Feb 15, 2020 12:03 am

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

ColomboCSE wrote:
KavinduTM wrote:I will produce electricity using solar panels or some technology. (so no need to purchase from gov)

it's really good you build your own solar system and independent with CEB. we import panels from China and Inverter Germany.
And we generate electricity given to CEB. if CEB stop electricity sorry for us.


KavinduTM wrote:I will grow vegetables and fruits in my own garden and it will solve the food problem.(at least i won't depend on market totally)

some of seeds we import from India.

good night guys will stop now you guys have win...  cheers cheers cheers

Yeah you are right.

But my point is if we are currently importing 4 items from other countries,
And It will be better to make it to  3 items , then 2. We are not talking about fully independence. At least it will be better to lower the percentage we depend on other countries.
And we must import things which we can't produce(at least which we haven't started yet) in our country such as oil,medicine etc.

We have to take step by step. and the 1st is stopping unnecessary imports. specially foods.

Hope you got it. NO winning or losing hahah. just sharing ideas of each other. no offence Smile

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum