FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Breaking News- Kanchana to go to Qatar ; 2 more ministers off to Russia
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:13 am

» PM thanks President Biden for assuring US support to Sri Lanka
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:07 am

» අද රාත්‍රියෙන් පසු, යක්ෂයාගේ හෝරාව ඇරඹේ!
by Beyondsenses Today at 8:03 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by God Father Yesterday at 9:14 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by God Father Yesterday at 8:03 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:49 am

» කොළඹ රාජකීය ගොල්ෆ් සමාජය විසින් රජයේ දේපළ අවභාවිත කිරීම
by ddindika Yesterday at 9:33 am

» LOLC to enter the giant Indian Market
by samaritan Yesterday at 9:17 am

» LOLC HOLDINGS PLC (LOLC.N0000)
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:46 am

» SOEs within Minimum Programme for Economic Recovery
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:44 am

» COVID WAVES: Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:36 am

» Luminex Limited lists on the Diri Savi Board after a capital raise of Rs. 250 Million
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:34 am

» Importance of Agroforestry for Sri Lanka
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 6:31 am

» Nivard Cabraal sets record straight on decision to allow flexibility to the rupee
by God Father Sun Jun 26, 2022 11:15 pm

» Baseless accusations against the former Governor Nivard Cabraal
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:44 pm

» Heavy losses at CPC whilst LIOC records profit
by ChooBoy Sun Jun 26, 2022 1:32 pm

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Sat Jun 25, 2022 12:00 pm

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:26 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » I am worried ! Please share your views.

I am worried ! Please share your views.

+15
niru
crnsuranjith
Kipling
Equityinvestor
Sajeewa Niranjan
samaritan
fastandeasygrowth
ColomboCSE
cseguide
Teller
kasun_gimhana
Junior investor
Quibit
wallstreetguy
EGG
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Teller


Moderator
Moderator

Be greedy when others are fear..hahaaaa

EGG


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi All,
Thanks for your kind input.

Can I request you all to predict the lowest share price the below shares will fall once its starts trading. This will give me some sort of an idea of my liability towards the broker.

LOLC
TILE
COLO
DOCK

Thanks everyone !!

Junior investor


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Sri lanka's situation has improved so I don't think market will go down in big amount.

lolc can't go down as they finalised that deal. there is a chance the price go a little bit up.

Tile - America and Europe are not happy with China because of corona. this will be a great opportunity for country like Sri Lanka to grab some market share, especially tile sector. around 50 maybe.

colonial - it will go down a bit because of their motor vehicle section and property development section. price around 30 possible.

Dock - it will go down but not much as lots of stock holders apparently don't want to sell. around Rs 40 most likely.

I have studied little bit about those but
I don't hold any in my portfolio. Tile is the only one I can recommend.

EGG


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi, thanks a lot Junior investor for your kind input. Appreciate it very much... Any tentative timelines of opening the market. I am very much happy if it will be kept closed considering my issue. lol. Thanks again for your input.

Junior investor


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

next Wednesday

EquityPlus


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

My assessment of LOLC is as follows.

It's not a bad stock to hold on as the Company is performing quite reasonably. 

Group NBV per share is around 190 as per the latest financial statements. As far as performance is also concerned, I would say it's performance is at a good level despite all the adverse situations in the economy. However, my only worry is that given the current situation post-Covid -19, it's quite difficult to predict where it could potentially move. However, as per my assessment, LOLC's downward movement could be Rs 65 to 70, whereas upward movement could be 90 to 95 over the next 6 to 9 months.

But, it's quite difficult to forecast a price using the typical valuation methods given COVID 19 impact could potentially take the price somewhere we would never imagine of

EquityPlus


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Sorry upward up to Rs. 100 and downward Rs.75 level

EquityPlus


Equity Analytic
Equity Analytic

Egg, 

Looks like you have entered at slightly a higher price when you acquired these shares. Of course, LOLC, at a very high price which you shouldn't have paid at that time. For others, although it looks slightly towards the higher range, one can't blame you for entering at that price because one would have thought they are undervalued looking at the net assets base. I think we all, including myself make this mistake by catching a share just looking at the all-time high price and think it will increase to that level again. This is where I advise to use safety of margin of at least 30% to minimize downward risk

ChooBoy


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

EquityPlus wrote:Egg, 

Looks like you have entered at slightly a higher price when you acquired these shares. Of course, LOLC, at a very high price which you shouldn't have paid at that time. For others, although it looks slightly towards the higher range, one can't blame you for entering at that price because one would have thought they are undervalued looking at the net assets base. I think we all, including myself make this mistake by catching a share just looking at the all-time high price and think it will increase to that level again. This is where I advise to use safety of margin of at least 30% to minimize downward risk
Sell LOLC when market open which will be most immuned.  Dont trust anyone. There will be investors who wants to punt LOLC thinking its high side.

I guess Ishara and his funded boys like Tushan Wickramasinghe led by Capital Trust will be selling.



Last edited by ChooBoy on Sun Apr 19, 2020 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

EGG


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Hi EquityPlus,
Thanks for your input. Yes, I bought at these prices thinking it will go up and I will be able to make a quick buck. Never knew Covid-19 will hit us so badly.
Let's hope for the best.
If anyone can think of a better game plan for me to get out of this mess, kindly share your views.
I would like to thank all of you for taking time to share your valuable input. Thanks guys !!

cseguide

cseguide
Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

cseguide wrote:
EGG wrote:Dear All,

Can you kindly let me know if the market will drop further when it starts trading. If so, what will be the approx ASI index we are looking at. I have a portfolio of 3.6M and 80% outstanding. My outstanding keeps increasing when the portfolio drops. So I am worried if I should sell and exit when it starts trading. If not, my portfolio value will not be sufficient to cover the outstanding amount. Also, I have no way to pump in cash to settle the outstanding either.

Please let me know your views pls.

Thanks
I can understand the situation and I have faced similar situations in my early days. I ll give my opinion on this but the final decision should be taken by you. Thre is a very high probability to further drop the market in its opening and short to medium term. so your investment can further drop and your outstanding will increase further. so it is less risky to sell all your investment sooner for the highest price and pay the outstanding about to stockbroker and keep left with you which you can use to repurchase once the market touches its bottom. This is the least risky decision since you are in a marginal trade position.
The answer I have given early for you is quite right. Now If you are still there, there is some time for you to take the right decision at the right time. money is yours and also the decision is yours. This is up to you my friend!!

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics

cseguide wrote:
cseguide wrote:
EGG wrote:Dear All,

Can you kindly let me know if the market will drop further when it starts trading. If so, what will be the approx ASI index we are looking at. I have a portfolio of 3.6M and 80% outstanding. My outstanding keeps increasing when the portfolio drops. So I am worried if I should sell and exit when it starts trading. If not, my portfolio value will not be sufficient to cover the outstanding amount. Also, I have no way to pump in cash to settle the outstanding either.

Please let me know your views pls.

Thanks
I can understand the situation and I have faced similar situations in my early days. I ll give my opinion on this but the final decision should be taken by you. Thre is a very high probability to further drop the market in its opening and short to medium term. so your investment can further drop and your outstanding will increase further. so it is less risky to sell all your investment sooner for the highest price and pay the outstanding about to stockbroker and keep left with you which you can use to repurchase once the market touches its bottom. This is the least risky decision since you are in a marginal trade position.
The answer I have given early for you is quite right. Now If you are still there, there is some time for you to take the right decision at the right time. money is yours and also the decision is yours. This is up to you my friend!!

Great advise.
LOLC lost only 80 cents less than 1%. About 55,000 shares traded. Very few had the opportunity to sell as the market closed within 38 seconds. Hope @Egg was luck to have exited.

63I am worried ! Please share your views. - Page 3 Empty Re: I am worried ! Please share your views. Tue May 12, 2020 10:28 am

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Quibit wrote:
cseguide wrote:
cseguide wrote:
EGG wrote:Dear All,

Can you kindly let me know if the market will drop further when it starts trading. If so, what will be the approx ASI index we are looking at. I have a portfolio of 3.6M and 80% outstanding. My outstanding keeps increasing when the portfolio drops. So I am worried if I should sell and exit when it starts trading. If not, my portfolio value will not be sufficient to cover the outstanding amount. Also, I have no way to pump in cash to settle the outstanding either.

Please let me know your views pls.

Thanks
I can understand the situation and I have faced similar situations in my early days. I ll give my opinion on this but the final decision should be taken by you. Thre is a very high probability to further drop the market in its opening and short to medium term. so your investment can further drop and your outstanding will increase further. so it is less risky to sell all your investment sooner for the highest price and pay the outstanding about to stockbroker and keep left with you which you can use to repurchase once the market touches its bottom. This is the least risky decision since you are in a marginal trade position.
The answer I have given early for you is quite right. Now If you are still there, there is some time for you to take the right decision at the right time. money is yours and also the decision is yours. This is up to you my friend!!

Great advise.
LOLC lost only 80 cents less than 1%. About 55,000 shares traded. Very few had the opportunity to sell as the market closed within 38 seconds. Hope @Egg was luck to have exited.
My advice is sell minimum loss shares and bring down your margin to 50%.

EGG


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

Dear all,
Thanks for checking on me. I managed to find some cash and reduced the exposure close to 40%.
I would like to thank all of you for taking time and sharing your kind input which is greatly appreciated.
It's nice to know that we are there for each other and atleast support each other by sharing our knowledge and expertise. Once again, thanks everyone. Good luck to all.

65I am worried ! Please share your views. - Page 3 Empty Re: I am worried ! Please share your views. Thu May 14, 2020 12:01 pm

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator

EGG,
Even the ECG (Electrocardiogram) tracing goes up & down indicating you are alive, if it is flat then you are gone for good. I am sure the lesson learnt will make you more wiser in the future.GL

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

samaritan wrote:EGG,
Even the ECG (Electrocardiogram) tracing goes up & down indicating you are alive, if it is flat then you are gone for good. I am sure the lesson learnt will make you more wiser in the future.GL
Do a by-pass

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum