FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka


Submit PostSubmit Post
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post



Latest topics

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Rational Investor Today at 11:27 pm

» Day Traders must gradually start accumulating a well diversified portfolio of stocks which are cash generative. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Today at 6:54 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Promoney Today at 6:06 pm

» Is 12th a holiday CSE
by Vishwanarth Today at 9:16 am

» Kelani TYRES
by shan31 Yesterday at 7:37 pm

» VALLIBEL ONE PLC (VONE.N0000)
by shan31 Yesterday at 7:24 pm

» DIPD/HAYC/HAYL
by shan31 Yesterday at 6:36 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by shan31 Yesterday at 6:04 pm

» Crypto , Digital Currency Trading , Forex
by RJ1010 Yesterday at 4:57 pm

» South Asia’s first Disneyland to come up in Sri Lanka
by samaritan Yesterday at 12:12 pm

» LOLC Share Price
by madukp Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:57 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions
by Pradeep90 Fri Apr 09, 2021 6:23 pm

» TALAWAKELLE TEA ESTATES PLC (TPL.N0000)
by lakymahesh Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:50 pm

» Sri Lanka bans palm oil imports, tells producers to uproot plantations
by CHRONICLE™ Fri Apr 09, 2021 1:52 pm

» B P P L HOLDINGS PLC (BPPL.N0000)
by Bakka1988 Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:03 pm

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by madukp Fri Apr 09, 2021 11:03 am

» ASPI Prediction by HNWI
by samaritan Fri Apr 09, 2021 7:39 am

» Price prediction on GRAN and TAFL
by desh87 Fri Apr 09, 2021 2:01 am

» දර්ශක අගයන් 8200 -9000 මට්ටමට හෝ ඉන් ඔබ්බට ජූලී මාසේ එන්න පුලුවන්
by kalu351 Thu Apr 08, 2021 9:55 pm

» The goal is to make money, not to prove you're right and the stock market is wrong. Stock market for beginners
by Asoka Samarakone Thu Apr 08, 2021 8:37 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

CHRONICLE™ NEWS PRODUCTS

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Views & Reviews, Analysis, Evaluations, Discussions, Gossip and Hot Tips relating to Sri Lankan companies listed on the Colombo Stock Exchange (CSE)
Contribute




DAILY CHRONICLE™

Latest news and articles published in Newspapers, Websites, Blogs and other online news sites relating to business and investments in Sri Lanka
Contribute



ECONOMIC CHRONICLE™

This is a section that provide news, views, analysis, predications relating to Political and Socio-Economic factors and how such activities affect the Stock Market and other economic activity of the Country.

Contribute




EXPERT CHRONICLE™

This is an exclusive section for Expert Articles which will help member to share knowledge through comments and responses of the members. All members are allowed to reply and make comments to these articles.

Contribute


Submit Post


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

Youtube Videos and other visual presentations relating Stock market and other investment advise submitted by members or other contributors.

Contribute


Submit Post


කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ වංශකථාව
කොළඔ කොටස් වෙළඳපොළේ ලැයිස්තුගත සමාගම් කොටස් ගැන තොරතුරු¸විශ්ලේෂණ¸සාකච්ඡා¸ කටකතා¸රසකතා යන සියල්ල අපේම සිංහලෙන් කතා කළ හැකි ‘කතා මණ්ඩපය’

Contribute

Twitter Feeds
POPULAR COMPANIES
A

ABANS ELECTRICALS PLC

ACCESS ENGINEERING PLC Hot

ACL CABLES PLC

ACL PLASTICS PLC

ACME PRINTING & PACKAGING PLC

AGSTAR PLC

AITKEN SPENCE HOTEL HOLDINGS PLC

AITKEN SPENCE PLC

ANILANA HOTELS AND PROPERTIES PLC

ARPICO INSURANCE PLC

ASIA ASSET FINANCE PLC

ASIA CAPITAL PLC

B

BAIRAHA FARMS PLC

BALANGODA PLANTATIONS PLC

BIMPUTH FINANCE PLC

BLUE DIAMONDS JEWELLERY WORLDWIDE PLC

B P P L HOLDINGS PLC

BROWNS BEACH HOTELS PLC

BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC

C

CARGO BOAT DEVELOPMENT COMPANY PLC

CENTRAL INDUSTRIES PLC

CEYLON COLD STORES PLC

CEYLON GRAIN ELEVATORS PLC Hot

CEYLON TEA BROKERS PLC

CEYLON TOBACCO COMPANY PLC

CHEVRON LUBRICANTS LANKA PLC

COLOMBO FORT LAND & BUILDING PLC

COMMERCIAL BANK OF CEYLON PLC

CITRUS LEISURE PLC Hot

COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC

D

DANKOTUWA PORCELAIN PLC

DFCC BANK PLC

DIALOG AXIATA PLC

DIALOG FINANCE PLC

DIPPED PRODUCTS PLC

DISTILLERIES COMPANY OF SRI LANKA PLC

DUNAMIS CAPITAL PLC

E

EAST WEST PROPERTIES PLC Hot

EASTERN MERCHANTS PLC

EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC

E-CHANNELLING PLC

F

FIRST CAPITAL HOLDINGS PLC

G

GALADARI HOTELS (LANKA) PLC

GUARDIAN CAPITAL PARTNERS PLC

H

HATTON NATIONAL BANK PLC

HAYLEYS PLC

HAYLEYS FABRIC PLC

HAYLEYS FIBRE PLC Hot

HEMAS HOLDINGS PLC

HIKKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC

HNB ASSURANCE PLC

HVA FOODS PLC

J

JANASHAKTHI INSURANCE COMPANY PLC

JOHN KEELLS HOLDINGS PLC Hot

JOHN KEELLS HOTELS PLC

L

LANKA ASHOK LEYLAND PLC

LANKA IOC PLC

LANKEM CEYLON PLC

LANKEM DEVELOPMENTS PLC

LAUGFS GAS PLC

LAUGFS POWER LIMITED

LOLC FINANCE PLC

LOLC HOLDINGS PLC

LUCKY LANKA MILK PROCESSING COMPANY PLC

M

MELSTACORP PLC

N

NATIONAL DEVELOPMENT BANK PLC

NATION LANKA FINANCE PLC

NESTLE LANKA PLC

O

ORIENT FINANCE PLC

OVERSEAS REALTY (CEYLON) PLC

P

PANASIAN POWER PLC

PEOPLE'S LEASING & FINANCE PLC

PIRAMAL GLASS CEYLON PLC

PRIME FINANCE PLC

R

RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC

RENUKA AGRI FOODS PLC

RENUKA CAPITAL PLC

RENUKA HOLDINGS PLC

RICHARD PIERIS AND COMPANY PLC

RICHARD PIERIS EXPORTS PLC Hot

ROYAL CERAMICS PLC

S

SAMPATH BANK PLC

SEYLAN BANK PLC

SIERRA CABLES PLC

SINGHE HOSPITALS PLC Hot

SMB LEASING PLC

SOFTLOGIC HOLDINGS PLC

SOFTLOGIC LIFE INSURANCE PLC

SRI LANKA TELECOM PLC

SWISSTEK (CEYLON) PLC Hot

T

TEEJAY LANKA PLC

TESS AGRO PLC

THREE ACRE FARMS PLC

TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC Hot

U

UNION BANK OF COLOMBO PLC

V

VALLIBEL FINANCE PLC

VALLIBEL ONE PLC Hot

VALLIBEL POWER ERATHNA PLC

W

WASKADUWA BEACH RESORT PLC


You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » I am worried ! Please share your views.

I am worried ! Please share your views.

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

cseguide


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics
@cseguide wrote:
@EGG wrote:Dear All,

Can you kindly let me know if the market will drop further when it starts trading. If so, what will be the approx ASI index we are looking at. I have a portfolio of 3.6M and 80% outstanding. My outstanding keeps increasing when the portfolio drops. So I am worried if I should sell and exit when it starts trading. If not, my portfolio value will not be sufficient to cover the outstanding amount. Also, I have no way to pump in cash to settle the outstanding either.

Please let me know your views pls.

Thanks
I can understand the situation and I have faced similar situations in my early days. I ll give my opinion on this but the final decision should be taken by you. Thre is a very high probability to further drop the market in its opening and short to medium term. so your investment can further drop and your outstanding will increase further. so it is less risky to sell all your investment sooner for the highest price and pay the outstanding about to stockbroker and keep left with you which you can use to repurchase once the market touches its bottom. This is the least risky decision since you are in a marginal trade position.
The answer I have given early for you is quite right. Now If you are still there, there is some time for you to take the right decision at the right time. money is yours and also the decision is yours. This is up to you my friend!!

Quibit


Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@cseguide wrote:
@cseguide wrote:
@EGG wrote:Dear All,

Can you kindly let me know if the market will drop further when it starts trading. If so, what will be the approx ASI index we are looking at. I have a portfolio of 3.6M and 80% outstanding. My outstanding keeps increasing when the portfolio drops. So I am worried if I should sell and exit when it starts trading. If not, my portfolio value will not be sufficient to cover the outstanding amount. Also, I have no way to pump in cash to settle the outstanding either.

Please let me know your views pls.

Thanks
I can understand the situation and I have faced similar situations in my early days. I ll give my opinion on this but the final decision should be taken by you. Thre is a very high probability to further drop the market in its opening and short to medium term. so your investment can further drop and your outstanding will increase further. so it is less risky to sell all your investment sooner for the highest price and pay the outstanding about to stockbroker and keep left with you which you can use to repurchase once the market touches its bottom. This is the least risky decision since you are in a marginal trade position.
The answer I have given early for you is quite right. Now If you are still there, there is some time for you to take the right decision at the right time. money is yours and also the decision is yours. This is up to you my friend!!

Great advise.
LOLC lost only 80 cents less than 1%. About 55,000 shares traded. Very few had the opportunity to sell as the market closed within 38 seconds. Hope @Egg was luck to have exited.

Eugine Fernando


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@Quibit wrote:
@cseguide wrote:
@cseguide wrote:
@EGG wrote:Dear All,

Can you kindly let me know if the market will drop further when it starts trading. If so, what will be the approx ASI index we are looking at. I have a portfolio of 3.6M and 80% outstanding. My outstanding keeps increasing when the portfolio drops. So I am worried if I should sell and exit when it starts trading. If not, my portfolio value will not be sufficient to cover the outstanding amount. Also, I have no way to pump in cash to settle the outstanding either.

Please let me know your views pls.

Thanks
I can understand the situation and I have faced similar situations in my early days. I ll give my opinion on this but the final decision should be taken by you. Thre is a very high probability to further drop the market in its opening and short to medium term. so your investment can further drop and your outstanding will increase further. so it is less risky to sell all your investment sooner for the highest price and pay the outstanding about to stockbroker and keep left with you which you can use to repurchase once the market touches its bottom. This is the least risky decision since you are in a marginal trade position.
The answer I have given early for you is quite right. Now If you are still there, there is some time for you to take the right decision at the right time. money is yours and also the decision is yours. This is up to you my friend!!

Great advise.
LOLC lost only 80 cents less than 1%. About 55,000 shares traded. Very few had the opportunity to sell as the market closed within 38 seconds. Hope @Egg was luck to have exited.
My advice is sell minimum loss shares and bring down your margin to 50%.

64I am worried ! Please share your views. - Page 4 Empty Re: I am worried ! Please share your views. Tue May 12, 2020 11:42 am

EGG


Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Dear all,
Thanks for checking on me. I managed to find some cash and reduced the exposure close to 40%.
I would like to thank all of you for taking time and sharing your kind input which is greatly appreciated.
It's nice to know that we are there for each other and atleast support each other by sharing our knowledge and expertise. Once again, thanks everyone. Good luck to all.

65I am worried ! Please share your views. - Page 4 Empty Re: I am worried ! Please share your views. Thu May 14, 2020 10:31 am

samaritan


Moderator
Moderator
EGG,
Even the ECG (Electrocardiogram) tracing goes up & down indicating you are alive, if it is flat then you are gone for good. I am sure the lesson learnt will make you more wiser in the future.GL

glad


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@samaritan wrote:EGG,
Even the ECG (Electrocardiogram) tracing goes up & down indicating you are alive, if it is flat then you are gone for good. I am sure the lesson learnt will make you more wiser in the future.GL
Do a by-pass

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum