FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com


Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.


Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post


ADVERTISE
Poll

EXCHANGE RATE PREDICTION: 2022

 
 
 
 

View results

ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post


CONATCT US


Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer



Latest topics

» Misuse of government property by Royal Colombo Golf Club
by ChooBoy Yesterday at 12:52 pm

» SL Cauvery and Mannar Basins Petroleum Resource Data Revealed
by samaritan Yesterday at 12:00 pm

» Expolanka to continue its winning streak
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:39 am

» Container shipping stocks routed
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 pm

» Supply Chain Latest: Ocean Freight Rates Are Falling
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:26 pm

» Turkish ship leaves Ukraine's Mariupol after grain talks with Moscow
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 11:29 am

» This week's CBOT corn, soy freefalls hard to match in recent years
by target1 Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:57 am

» Positive news to boost market sentiment
by samaritan Fri Jun 24, 2022 9:52 am

» Maharaja at IMF meeting
by Maharaja Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:35 pm

» Why no power cuts in certain areas of Colombo?
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:44 pm

» India assures fullest support to Sri Lanka as a close friend
by samaritan Thu Jun 23, 2022 5:17 pm

» SINS, SAMP, COMB, PARQ, ALUMEX and AEL - are they good shares to start collecting now?
by surfjj Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm

» Learn how a fixed exchange rate system can be used to reduce inflation.
by target1 Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:35 pm

» Debt Crisis: Sri Lanka Vs Argentine
by CHRONICLE™ Thu Jun 23, 2022 8:17 am

» Sri Lanka in state of panic 1 month after sovereign default
by reyaz Tue Jun 21, 2022 5:23 pm

» Financial stability - we are at the crossroads.
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:17 pm

» Shrinkflation: Is it ethical?
by sheildskye Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:05 pm

» Banking bullish billionaire Ishara expands footprint
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:58 am

» SL hopes to finalize a staff level program with IMF soon-RW
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:48 am

» Sri Lanka Stock Market heading toward ASPI 4500
by samaritan Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:29 am

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT


CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS


ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)


CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Shareholder benefits

Shareholder benefits

+7
xhora
bettersrilanka
dr kiru005
thighrokker
Chabbi
duke
RockStock
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shareholder benefits Empty Shareholder benefits Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:08 am

RockStock


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

These days CSE seems to be bearish, and many investors stuck with thier bet's without capital gains. I thought of starting a thread on what other benefits (apart from dividends and capital gains) do companies give to their share holders, to name a few according to my knowledge,

-Some hotels, GHLL,TAJ used to give complementary Lunch/dinner vouchers
-Some Finance companies give additional benefits for their shareholders eg, extra 1% of interest for their deposits .
-some hospitals NHL,Lanka Hospitals give discount vouchers for their share holders

What are the experience of you all?

2Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:13 am

duke


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

Which finance companies give extra interest?

3Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Tue Jun 28, 2011 9:26 am

RockStock


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

duke wrote:Which finance companies give extra interest?

Around 2006-2008, PABC gave 0.5%-1.0% additional interest for their deposits, and a same discount when obtaining a loan.As I remember they provided a credit card half the joining fee at that time, not sure what the situation now,as I don't hold PABC now

4Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:20 am

Chabbi

Chabbi
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

http://forum.srilankaequity.com/t4192-anyone-interested-in-agm-participation

5Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Tue Jun 28, 2011 3:33 pm

thighrokker


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Sampath bank
- free (commission less) checks and drafts ( handy for IPO checks if you don't have a Current account)
- Half rate credit card renewal fee
- You get to meet the manager without being in ques ( i never used this so far..)
- there is also a shareholder relations manager to deal with problems related to transactions etc

6Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:33 pm

RockStock


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

thighrokker wrote:Sampath bank
- free (commission less) checks and drafts ( handy for IPO checks if you don't have a Current account)
- Half rate credit card renewal fee
- You get to meet the manager without being in ques ( i never used this so far..)
- there is also a shareholder relations manager to deal with problems related to transactions etc


Commissionless cheques is a good one....What documents do they need to prove as a shareholder.

7Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Tue Jun 28, 2011 4:55 pm

thighrokker


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

RockStock wrote:
thighrokker wrote:Sampath bank
- free (commission less) checks and drafts ( handy for IPO checks if you don't have a Current account)
- Half rate credit card renewal fee
- You get to meet the manager without being in ques ( i never used this so far..)
- there is also a shareholder relations manager to deal with problems related to transactions etc


Commissionless cheques is a good one....What documents do they need to prove as a shareholder.

There are no documents. I had to tell them i was a shareholder and give my CDS#. Poor manager had to call the HQ, get the clerk who handled the share register and look it up. Process took about 15 minutes...
Wink

8Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Tue Jun 28, 2011 11:33 pm

dr kiru005

dr kiru005
Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic

and is 100 shares are enough i think of buying all the banking and hotel shares lol! at least we can get something back from cse..

9Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:14 am

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

how about ATL is there any insurance coverage or something??? do you have any idea??

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

10Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:21 am

xhora

xhora
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

After all we are the proud OWNERS of those fine establishments Wink

11Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Wed Jun 29, 2011 12:50 am

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

bettersrilanka wrote:how about ATL is there any insurance coverage or something??? do you have any idea??
I also recieved an insurance policy free of charge for last year when I had ATL shares for a value of Rs.100,000 only. I think every shareholder get it.They will send a letter toyou. Or you can check it over the phone.

12Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:09 am

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

Time to time I had some ATL shares.but I did not receive any letter.
is there minimum amount and time duration? actually need to think about these kind of benefits .. lol!

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

13Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Wed Jun 29, 2011 1:12 am

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

hi guys,
pls post about other companies.
finally we can make a good article about other benefits.

Basketball

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

14Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Wed Jun 29, 2011 4:59 am

thighrokker


Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

dr kiru005 wrote:and is 100 shares are enough i think of buying all the banking and hotel shares lol! at least we can get something back from cse..

Even if you have only ONE share, you are still legally a shareholder, and entitled to the privileges....

15Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Wed Jun 29, 2011 7:45 am

kam2011


Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics

bettersrilanka wrote:hi guys,
pls post about other companies.
finally we can make a good article about other benefits.

Basketball
Another one is ASIRI. they give good discount for certain selected services such as test reports etc. I have enjoyed that benefit when I had around 1000 shares. I do not know the methord they apply to calculate the discount. But I got a very good discount brother.

16Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Tue Jul 05, 2011 9:58 am

manula


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

kam2011 wrote:
bettersrilanka wrote:hi guys,
pls post about other companies.
finally we can make a good article about other benefits.

Basketball
Another one is ASIRI. they give good discount for certain selected services such as test reports etc. I have enjoyed that benefit when I had around 1000 shares. I do not know the methord they apply to calculate the discount. But I got a very good discount brother.

Correct !! . ASIRI gives discount to shareholders according to the share quantity you held and minimum you have to hold three months period when u are applying for discount Very Happy ATL also herad giving fee life insurance....

17Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Wed Jul 06, 2011 12:29 am

bettersrilanka

bettersrilanka
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

need to know about ATL??? correctly...

http://lankafunpicture.blogspot.com

18Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:23 pm

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

manula wrote:
kam2011 wrote:
bettersrilanka wrote:hi guys,
pls post about other companies.
finally we can make a good article about other benefits.

Basketball
Another one is ASIRI. they give good discount for certain selected services such as test reports etc. I have enjoyed that benefit when I had around 1000 shares. I do not know  the methord they apply to calculate the discount. But I got a very good discount brother.

Correct !! . ASIRI gives discount to shareholders according to the share quantity you held and minimum you have to hold three months period when u are applying for discount  Very Happy  ATL also herad giving fee life insurance....

Asiri holdings or asiri surgical?

do they still give?

19Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Fri Aug 22, 2014 2:25 pm

ccsentha


Vice President - Equity Analytics
Vice President - Equity Analytics

Galadari have stopped it.

Currently as i know ATL, NHL & SAMP are giving.

Any one got any idea about anything else?

20Shareholder benefits Empty Re: Shareholder benefits Fri Aug 22, 2014 3:33 pm

Lalindra

Lalindra
Manager - Equity Analytics
Manager - Equity Analytics

kam2011 wrote:
bettersrilanka wrote:hi guys,
pls post about other companies.
finally we can make a good article about other benefits.

Basketball
Another one is ASIRI. they give good discount for certain selected services such as test reports etc. I have enjoyed that benefit when I had around 1000 shares. I do not know  the methord they apply to calculate the discount. But I got a very good discount brother.

ASIR annual report states as follows.
(Quote) "The shareholders of the Company are eligible for discounts up to 50% on the hospital bills excluding the charges for drugs, medical consumables, professional fees and blood charges up to a limit of 12.5% per annum, of the nominal value of the shares held for a minimum period of three months. Discounts are also given on investigation on out patients such as Laboratory, MRI, X-Ray, ECG, Ultrasound Scanning and others provided by the Company.
This facility is extended to the shareholder and three nominees, subject to the above limit." (Unquote)

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum