Some of them are;
1. There is a clear sign of economic recovery with revival of exports. It is expected to reduce trade deficit this year and ease balance of payments in the backdrop of curtailment of 'non-essential'imports. Opportunities have surfaced for non traditional new areas of exports.
2. It is expected that Joe biden winning the US election could be a trigger to stimulate investments in emerging & frontier markets. The victory of Joe Biden is assured.
3. WHO chief is hopeful of ending the pandemic in less than two years. However, Sri Lanka has virtually brought the threat well under control except for some repatriates being tested positive but no known critical cases and the total deaths recorded is insignificant, only amounting to 12.
4. Political stability is clearly established with policies to be implemented to achieve economic prosperity.
5. Prospects for tourism sector looks promising with the lifting of restrictions with adequate precautions against spread of covid.
In my opinion no one can predict and fix targets for the movement of ASPI. But the direction of movement can be predicted based on certain factors and its bound to move upwards with healthy intermittent corrections. GL