FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post

Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» BROWNS INVESTMENTS PLC (BIL.N0000)
by MoneyLover Yesterday at 7:16 pm

» What is "Introductions" in Upcoming listing in CSE?
by Nandun Yesterday at 1:46 pm

» Glove stocks fall after Top Glove posts weaker 4Q results
by ResearchMan Yesterday at 1:37 pm

» KOTAGALA PLANTATION
by stockchaser Yesterday at 8:03 am

» The stock market can be a great place to make money; it can also be a great place to lose money. Stock market for beginners
by Economatta Yesterday at 6:16 am

» LOFC AND CLC Target Price??
by Captain Fri Sep 17, 2021 9:17 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today
by SAGA Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:32 pm

» Top crossings today
by SAGA Fri Sep 17, 2021 5:01 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by Sunimal Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:52 pm

» Amana Takaful ATL & ATLL
by kanishkaecomm Fri Sep 17, 2021 12:17 pm

» Best Time to Collect Cic X
by Value Pick Fri Sep 17, 2021 8:15 am

» Why is First Capital Holdings being dumped?
by Berryfund Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:29 am

» AGST can move
by Zayden River Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:58 pm

» COMMERCIAL CREDIT AND FINANCE PLC (COCR.N0000)
by newone Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 pm

» AGSTAR PLC (AGST.N0000)
by Zayden River Thu Sep 16, 2021 11:57 pm

» RAIGAM WAYAMBA SALTERNS PLC (RWSL.N0000)
by Bakkabwoi Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:10 pm

» Twitter accounts related to the stock market
by Bakkabwoi Thu Sep 16, 2021 8:09 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by xhunter Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:55 pm

» LOFC LOFC LOFC
by madukp Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:49 pm

» How Equity Emerged the Top Asset Class During a Pandemic
by samaritan Thu Sep 16, 2021 6:30 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

LATEST TWEETS

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Day Trading

Day Trading

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Day Trading Empty Day Trading Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:49 pm

jaya

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
It is safe  (short term) buying of RIL, MHDL etc.

2Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Sun Sep 13, 2020 9:07 pm

Mithooshan

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@jaya - i checked MACD and both shows strong buy signal. Any target entry price for RIL ?
bid and ask has a huge gap. Finding it difficult to select a range of bid prices.

3Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:56 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@jaya wrote:It is safe  (short term) buying of RIL, MHDL etc.

RIL is a good choice if you are interested in short term trading. 6.5/= isn't a big deal for it. Btw play safe.

4Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:11 am

vikey

Manager - Equity Analytics
Is it possible to earn through Day Trading? Since there are broker comision how can earn whithin a a small increases? What are the other best choices?

5Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Mon Sep 14, 2020 7:15 am

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
@vikey wrote:Is it possible to earn through Day Trading? Since there are broker comision how can earn whithin a a small increases? What are the other best choices?

Yes it's possible. But we need to study the price patterns before enter. Also we need to jump into day rallies and exit at the right time. Not small increases btw. You can see there are more than 5 shares everyday which had more than 5% price gain. So it is just jumping into those stocks at the beginning. 

When consider short term trading it not about fundamentals actually. That's almost 100% technical analysis and human psychology. Idk much about RIL in fundamentals but according to charts it may get a good price gain today. You can check last day trades. More than 3lak traded @5.50. Lets say you grabbed it. Before the day ended millions of shares were traded @6.00 and above. So you could easily earn a 10% net profit within a day.

Now, today i guess we can earn some money if we buy it around 5.50. This is not a recommendation as i haven't analysed it much.

We have to take that risk when trading. Also there's a saying we may only use 1% of our money for a single trade. Btw that depends with the confidence we have.

vikey likes this post

6Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:37 am

pra4u

pra4u
@KavinduTM wrote:
@vikey wrote:Is it possible to earn through Day Trading? Since there are broker comision how can earn whithin a a small increases? What are the other best choices?

Yes it's possible. But we need to study the price patterns before enter. Also we need to jump into day rallies and exit at the right time. Not small increases btw. You can see there are more than 5 shares everyday which had more than 5% price gain. So it is just jumping into those stocks at the beginning. 

When consider short term trading it not about fundamentals actually. That's almost 100% technical analysis and human psychology. Idk much about RIL in fundamentals but according to charts it may get a good price gain today. You can check last day trades. More than 3lak traded @5.50. Lets say you grabbed it. Before the day ended millions of shares were traded @6.00 and above. So you could easily earn a 10% net profit within a day.

Now, today i guess we can earn some money if we buy it around 5.50. This is not a recommendation as i haven't analysed it much.

We have to take that risk when trading. Also there's a saying we may only use 1% of our money for a single trade. Btw that depends with the confidence we have.

i noticed people talking that RIL got fabricated EPS with a revaluation. I did not check in detail anyway

7Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Mon Sep 14, 2020 10:53 am

jaya

@pra4u wrote:
@KavinduTM wrote:

i noticed people talking that RIL got fabricated EPS with a revaluation. I did not check in detail anyway
RIL is not that bad see the Annual report

8Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Mon Sep 14, 2020 12:03 pm

vikey

@KavinduTM wrote:

Thanks Kavindu

KavinduTM likes this post

9Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:18 pm

Mithooshan

RIL was trading well at RS.5.80 and based on charts Rs.6.5 is possible. I agree with Kavindu.

MHDL was trading well on Thursday and Friday, but today the trading was a bit dull. Based on charts i was on the view that even RS.8 i possible. Any thoughts with regards to MHDL for this week ? (Trading Purpose)

KavinduTM likes this post

10Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:20 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
@Mithooshan wrote:RIL was trading well at RS.5.80 and based on charts Rs.6.5 is possible. I agree with Kavindu.

MHDL was trading well on Thursday and Friday, but today the trading was a bit dull. Based on charts i was on the view that even RS.8 i possible. Any thoughts with regards to MHDL for this week ? (Trading Purpose)

Yo what indicators do you use?

11Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Mon Sep 14, 2020 8:32 pm

Mithooshan

I am not an expert brother.
I use MACD, Bollinger Bands, RSI and Awesome oscillator. In combination of multiple charts.
Checking the traded volumes and market sentiment from this and other forums to evaluate price movement. market is of people so comments of members in this forum help me to get a view on what market reaction will be, like a sample (not the best way).

Do let me know how i can improve 🙂

vikey likes this post

12Day Trading Empty Re: Day Trading Mon Sep 14, 2020 9:27 pm

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
@Mithooshan wrote:I am not an expert brother.
I use MACD, Bollinger Bands, RSI and Awesome oscillator. In combination of multiple charts.
Checking the traded volumes and market sentiment from this and other forums to evaluate price movement. market is of people so comments of members in this forum help me to get a view on what market reaction will be, like a sample (not the best way).

Do let me know how i can improve 🙂

Haha cool. I'm not an expert either. Candlestick patterns give us a clear vision when it has a good liquidity. MACD with  RSI is a good combination which helps to make more accurate decisions.

vikey and Mithooshan like this post

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum