FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Dear Reader,

Registration with the Sri Lanka FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️ would enable you to enjoy an array of other services such as Member Rankings, User Groups, Own Posts & Profile, Exclusive Research, Live Chat Box etc..

All information contained in this forum is subject to Disclaimer Notice published.

Thank You
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™️
www.srilankachronicle.com
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™

Encyclopedia of Latest news, reviews, discussions and analysis of stock market and investment opportunities in Sri Lanka

LISTED COMPANIES

Submit Post
Poll

Can there be another Covid-19 wave in Sri Lanka?

View results

STOCK MARKET TRAINING
ශ්‍රී ලංකා මූල්‍ය වංශකථාව - සිංහල
Submit Post

CONATCT US

Send your suggestions and comments

* - required fields

Read FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ Disclaimer

Latest topics

» ASSOCIATED MOTOR FINANCE COMPANY PLC (AMF.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 10:12 pm

» TOKYO CEMENT COMPANY (LANKA) PLC
by SAGA Yesterday at 9:15 pm

» EXPOLANKA HOLDINGS PLC (EXPO.N0000)
by EPS Yesterday at 9:11 pm

» GLAS will be winner with Super Gain.
by Eranga87 Yesterday at 9:07 pm

» Top Foreign Trading today - 22/06/2021
by SAGA Yesterday at 8:50 pm

» TOP 20 LISTED COMPANIES BY FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:37 pm

» Daily Foreign Transactions update
by Pradeep90 Yesterday at 8:30 pm

» RWSL for short term profits
by madukp Yesterday at 5:17 pm

» YORK has a potential to go double ...
by Vasyan Yesterday at 5:07 pm

» United motors limited UML
by smnsam Yesterday at 2:43 pm

» dividend counters
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 12:43 pm

» HAYCARB PLC (HAYC.N0000)
by samaritan Yesterday at 11:33 am

» World-famous angel investor Conny enters Sri Lanka
by samaritan Yesterday at 10:00 am

» SINHAPUTHRA FINANCE PLC (SFL.N0000)
by kanishkaecomm Yesterday at 9:47 am

» ADAM CAPITAL PLC (PCHH.N0000)
by GayanKK Yesterday at 9:46 am

» New Commodity bubble. How will it impact the CSE?
by CHRONICLE™ Yesterday at 8:53 am

» MELSTACORP PLC (MELS.N0000)
by engineer Yesterday at 7:29 am

» R I L PROPERTY PLC (RIL.N0000)
by SAGA Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:57 pm

» Dividend - July/August
by High-flyer Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:41 pm

» SOFTLOGIC CAPITAL PLC (SCAP.N0000)
by madukp Mon Jun 21, 2021 9:08 pm

EXPERT CHRONICLE™

MARKET CHAT

CHRONICLE™ ANALYTICS

ECONOMIC CHRONICLE

GROSS DOMESTIC PRODUCT (GDP)

CHRONICLE™ YouTube

You are not connected. Please login or register

FINANCIAL CHRONICLE™ » CORPORATE CHRONICLE™ » Consolidation at 5000 and support at 4800

Consolidation at 5000 and support at 4800

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

THASSIM

Manager - Equity Analytics
Last week I predicted the ASI to dip to 5,600. I know believe the index will dip further to 5,000 and support at 4,800. I don't want to comment on the severity of this wave but believe it will be curtailed but the impact on the market will be significant. I expect at least another market halts this week and it could be as soon as tomorrow. As investors, be prepared to buy the dip and if your running loses be patient as the market will correct itself gradually on it's journey towards a ASI 7000.

samaritan

This wave is not dangerous as tsunami wave. People walk into hospital recover and come out. Perhaps Thassim's above post has all the indications that he has just finished selling his stocks and injecting panic in order to reverse market trend to his benefit.

According to Chamal Rajapakse , Riyad Bathiudeen's release is going to be freshly investigated. I feel that this news can trigger adverse comments in this forum from certain quarters.

The biggest risk in life is not taking any risk at all.

ErangaDS likes this post

RJ1010

Assistant Vice President - Equity Analytics
Sri Lankan’s have already taken in the hit over the weekend and yesterday reacting to the new wave of positive covid cases. Even if this number goes up gradually now that more testing is being done it’s unlikely to create sudden panic. The prediction for further market fall will come true only if government decide to impose a countrywide lockdown or put curfew in colombo, both of which seems unlikely.... but who knows.. can’t predict the future.

geesura likes this post

THASSIM

Time will tell. And yes, I liquidated my entire portfolio last Friday but this forum know I don't write based on an agenda.

samaritan

@THASSIM wrote:Time will tell. And yes, I liquidated my entire portfolio last Friday but this forum know I don't write based on an agenda.
Sold on Friday and waited till 1/25pm today to come out with your comments.Consolidation at 5000 and support at 4800 Icon_lol

Champ888

Last week no body can predict this corrona case.

He is telling a big story after 2 days

Kipling

Expert
Expert
Twisted Evil So so typical.
I propose SL invite Benjamin Netanyahu for a state visit.

Bakka1988

Market will turn at 5600 level . People will realise the truth

judecroos likes this post

Eranga87

@Bakka1988 wrote:Market will turn at 5600 level . People will realise the truth
market turnaround point depends on current corona situation (no. of covid positive cases). if govt. lift curfew next day morning, market rebound hence today. cant predict covid19 spreading.

actually, market never come back to ASI 5000 level. (assume no whole country lockdown situation)

hold and keep in your excess cash to buy times to times.

hiransilva23

Senior Vice President - Equity Analytics
@Bakka1988 wrote:Market will turn at 5600 level . People will realise the truth
Yesterday or today innocent people didn’t made this situation,some big people wanted to bring ASI down and collect from bottom level.yesterday in first two minutes ASI came down by more than 100 point then only people panicked and sold their stocks,today same way they move some stocks to bring ASI up.

judecroos likes this post

Mithooshan

Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
Senior Manager - Equity Analytics
@THASSIM wrote:Last week I predicted the ASI to dip to 5,600. I know believe the index will dip further to 5,000 and support at 4,800. I don't want to comment on the severity of this wave but believe it will be curtailed but the impact on the market will be significant. I expect at least another market halts this week and it could be as soon as tomorrow. As investors, be prepared to buy the dip and if your running loses be patient as the market will correct itself gradually on it's journey towards a ASI 7000.

There is no way you could have *known* a dip where market fell to 5600 on a single day. For that, similar to doctor strange you should have seen the future. You could have predicted a drop but that too was a poor prediction.

ASPI fell due to covid and on the day you have shared this message no news about covid. If there was no Covid there could have been a correction but no way market would fall to 5600 levels.

You were just *lucky* or knew about Corona before it was published. If you were just lucky it’s okay but if you knew about Covid second wave beforehand then, I don’t know ! 🤭

You remind me of Srilankan Astrologers ! 😅 (not everyone but you know what i mean)

KavinduTM likes this post

gayan1987

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
But there is so many panic sellers and some selling pressure will be there with in next 2 days as well. believe Friday onwards market will gradually move up. Fundamental stock should buy and can gain short term and long term benefit as well. My personal view is market should be @6500 right now and it will definitely touch before December.

Mithooshan and geesura like this post

Eranga87

in my recent experience, I invested whole money earlier. at that time, ASI 6150. Sanddlly, the market index came down 4300 levels due to COVID 19. at that time, I am never going to sell and average a few shares. after COVID 19 situation, my portfolio was becoming profitable when the market index touches 4800. temporary now, you got upset, after a few times, you are really happy..

if you have to settle outstanding, settle outstanding. don't use buying power at this time. when curfew lifted, the market will normalize.

govt. really want to buildup market and attract foreign funds. this is one of the tools for attracting foreign investment. the government will pushup after few days..

don't sell.. better to examine market behavior and buy-in this period.

"Spring will come and so will happiness. Hold on>>>>

anges

guess mkt will fall further ! stay safe guys

INDY 500

Senior Equity Analytic
Senior Equity Analytic
Next support level at ASPI 5285
If the support level doesn't work, next will be 4900.
Hopefully, strong support level will influence at 5285.

ErangaDS

ErangaDS
@Mithooshan wrote:
@THASSIM wrote:Last week I predicted the ASI to dip to 5,600. I know believe the index will dip further to 5,000 and support at 4,800. I don't want to comment on the severity of this wave but believe it will be curtailed but the impact on the market will be significant. I expect at least another market halts this week and it could be as soon as tomorrow. As investors, be prepared to buy the dip and if your running loses be patient as the market will correct itself gradually on it's journey towards a ASI 7000.

There is no way you could have *known* a dip where market fell to 5600 on a single day. For that, similar to doctor strange you should have seen the future. You could have predicted a drop but that too was a poor prediction.

ASPI fell due to covid and on the day you have shared this message no news about covid. If there was no Covid there could have been a correction but no way market would fall to 5600 levels.

You were just *lucky* or knew about Corona before it was published. If you were just lucky it’s okay but if you knew about Covid second wave beforehand then, I don’t know ! 🤭

You remind me of Srilankan Astrologers ! 😅 (not everyone but you know what i mean)

Champ888

I think 

I think THASSIM know this corona case even last Friday

THASSIM

Guys

I was just lucky to have liquidated since I have my exams around the corner and liquidated so I could focus. However the risk of a second wave was imminent and it was a major risk factor alongside Ruppe depreciation, GovSL debt and fiscal consolidation worries etc.

I am not telling I foresaw this but the risk was always present. I exited due to RSI being high and foresaw a market correction but things escalated when fear induced selling took place.

I am not telling to sell your stock but telling to consider buying the dip since opportunities like these are rare!

Teller and dayandacool like this post

samaritan dislikes this post

Teller

Teller
Buying at current price means , you will loose lot opportunities . This will come down 4800-4900 . This is the common answer i can give you those who asked from me.

Teller said is said..

samaritan dislikes this post

xhunter

xhunter
@Teller wrote:Buying at current price means , you will loose lot opportunities . This will come down 4800-4900 . This is the common answer i can give you those who asked from me.
same person who told "wait", market will go down after 12th May (reopen) and same person who specifically said JKH will go down and touch 85 when it was 106/=

paid worker for giant collectors.

Eranga87 and ErangaDS like this post

Teller dislikes this post

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
My opinion is we must grab these opportunities as this downfall is just a mentality and sooner it will adjust to its previous levels. Collectors will be happy.

samaritan likes this post

THASSIM

I agree with teller. We are only sharing our views the index will drop to 4800 -4900. 

If you think it isn't - hold your stocks.

If you agree, get ready to collect at market bottom. 

Let's try to agree / disagree with logic rather than speculation & emotions. We could be wrong too and the index could shoot up-to 6000 again but my analysis of situation as of now is that 4800-4900 is wear support will tested given the current wave will be the most complex to curtail and we all know the consequences of curfews on the economy & thereby the capital market.

samaritan, KavinduTM and Mithooshan dislike this post

samaritan

@THASSIM wrote:I agree with teller. We are only sharing our views the index will drop to 4800 -4900. 

Let's try to agree / disagree with logic rather than speculation & emotions. We could be wrong too and the index could shoot up-to 6000 again but my analysis of situation as of now is that 4800-4900 is wear support will tested given the current wave will be the most complex to curtail and we all know the consequences of curfews on the economy & thereby the capital market.
This is utter bullshit with an hidden agenda in order to create panic once again. Suggest you could buy what you sold at current price levels as the ASI wave is on the rise.

KavinduTM

KavinduTM
@THASSIM wrote:I agree with teller. We are only sharing our views the index will drop to 4800 -4900. 

Yeah i agree that we should make our investment decisions on logics rather than emotions. But what is the logic behind this downfall? No logics just stupid panic selling and negative mentality.

I decided to hold and collect more on thinking logically, Not on greedy and selfish emotions like some negative minds here.

samaritan, Kipling, judecroos and SANJAYANM like this post

THASSIM

I ignore samiratan since he doesn't understand the Dynamics of a market. I've read his comments elsewhere and he speaks rubbish frequently.

Kavindu,

What's the logic behind my claim?

1. This wave will be the most wide spread and difficult to control which will result in island wide curfews. You will know the concequences of a curfew on a market. Investors priorities change as they divest from 'Risk Assets'

2. Don't expect further Foreign inflows. SL's Foreign Currency of $7b will exhaust in the next 12 months due to settlements of outstanding capital / Interest. Without refinancing SL is in imminent danger.

I'm a financial analyst and this is what we do for a living. I've been right so far in all my posts (check it up) and it's your call to buy / sell / hold. However I understand, there is a possibility of me being wrong but it's very remote.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum